Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
When you register you can opt to get email travel alerts of Jamaica. They will tell you where there are places considered "unsafe to Americans". These are usually places where there is political violence or purposed attacks against Americans. In this past month I'v been receiving alot of emails on Jamaica and the different political viloence being played out all over the island. Its just a good idea to register.

Glad to hear you got your interview and that the passport was at least found.

Thanks for posting!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!! All the baby steps we have been taking........yesterday afternoon, we made one giant leap! To celebrate, I went and go most of my hair chopped off. New start all the way around.

I don't think I've felt this happy in a few years. God, it feels good!!!!

Congrats!!! Yeah it does! Let's see the new look!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning ladies; sometime I have to get off my chest. Now, mi really si why some people lef out a dis, but mi NAW GO NO WEH!

Let me give you a little history. From I joined this forum in January 2008 I've been getting PMs from someone named NewYorks finest or Ms. Jamaica or Iamalldat, the name changes all the time. Some of her PMs are rude and offensive so I don't answer them other than to say if you're reaching out for help, here is my personal email and cell number. Things will cool off for a few weeks then she start pon mi again. I'll block her and she will change her name. Yesterdays message did it for me.

First of all, mi sure seh mi naw sleep wid u man or u ooman...So, MS. NEWYORKSfinest...If you have something to say to me don't hide in PMs and please don't hide by changing your name. I offered you my personal e-mail because it sound like you were reaching out for help. But since you wan gwanne like seh you a raw born JAMAICAN (but mi know seh u a YANKEE) mi can tell fram u EXTREMELY BAD PATWAH...so LOOK AND LEARN...mi ago fling it back pon u same way...u si mi.

First of all u wah tell mi seh mi a affen people up in yah a mi a new comah reh..reh..reh..but u si mi...if u no like eeh no come in yah..lack aff u machine n go catchup up sum weh. Mi no know why it afi kancern u seh fi mi man yongah dan mi...a wah (smadi hurt u)...my girl what is di problem....dis is a public forum. If u no like wah deh seh in er jus lack aff u machine simple ting my girl. Since u wah chat a seh mi desperate fi go a yard fi fine man (come inna dis yah tread n cuss mi) TAP HIDE...mi just a seh mi peace.

Mi no know wah mi do to u or how mi offend u dis yah week n mi naw apoligize ...so if a di renkin meat u a look sarry my girl dat kaan gwaane...if a one man u a look...mi might can hook u up. So, PLEASE STOP IT! and since it concern u so much dat mi a send out prayer, but can cuss di same time...my girl u no si cussing yet...but if a piece a my BOBOBLOODCLAAT DUTTY TINKIN SOUWAH P**SYCLATT MOUTH U WAH HEAR u we get eeh...

*********************** Sorry my beautiful sisters I had to get that off my chest

:o I'm sorry Trelawny...that is crazy.

what the heck? why people cant just live their own lives instead of trying to mess up other peoples! Like you dont have enough stress Lawny going thru all this immigration mess! The bible says have no business with quarrel. Thats something I have been working on lately. Im sorry that someone is trying to hurt you!

I hope so. I really do. Today is a really hard day. My work is super stressful right now, I am past 180 days at VSC with no news. The phone card I have been using for like 3 years (Sprint International) just suddenly went up to 50cents a minute, and lots more things I just want to crawl in a ball and whine about. cry about.

:( thanks ladies for the continual support and prayers.

and....did anyone else use sprint? what other calling cards are good? I cant really get a plan on the house phone b/c I just rent a room from a lady...so..any help?

WOW Shrewdie!!!! That's alot! That's the same one I was using via CVS b/c they give you a 10% increase whenever you renew the card with them!!

I'm sorry your having a bad day!

This too shall pass!

Bless,

Gill

yeah. I have just been renewing the same one and yesterday my minutes went from 75 t 25 and I called and thats why.

lovely.

Oh my!! That is the same card I use --mi go check pon it........

let me know. maybe its just b/c mine was an older one?

Shrew-girl, mine seems to be the same as it was. I know they changed the look of them so maybe they are expiring yours. Run in CVS and grab and new one and give it a try!

okay. I will. maybe that is it. I hope so!!

When I called and added yesterday $25.00 only gave me 50 minutes!!!! :crying:

when did you get yours? have you topped up lately?

I bought this one around easter - when they had them buy one get one. I topped it up last week.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Wow Trelawny! That was so wierd! Where do these people come from??

Anyway, just popping in to say howdy to one and all!!

Rhonda, I was looking all over JALinkUP for baby pics!LOL But I finally saw your signature with your gorgeous little one. Tony must be so excited!!

I have a joke to share. Hopefully you haven't posted it here already.

Winston the Jamaican is on 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' and has reached the $1 million question. Meredith Veira says, "Right Winston, this is for $1 million, and remember, you still have two lifelines left, so please take your time. "Here's your question: What type of animal lives in a Sett? "

Is it.

A: Badger

B: Ferret

C: Mole

D: Cuckoo?"

Winston ponders for a while and says, "Backside Meridith, mi not sure, gi mi di 50-50."

"Right, Winston, let's take away two wrong answers and see what you're left with. 'Badger' and 'Cuckoo' are the two remaining answers.

Winston has a long think, then scratches his head and says, "Blouse an' Skirt Meridith, mi still nuh know, mek mi phone mi small island bredren."

So who are you going to call?" says Meridith.

"Hmmm, Ah tink I'll call Selwyn in Mandeville ."

So Meridith phones Selwyn in Mandeville. "Selwyn, this is Meridith Veira from 'Who wants to be a Millionaire'. I've got Winston here, and with your help he could win $1 million. The next voice you hear will be Winston."

"Wha gwan Selwyn". "Where mi money deh...? any way, ansa dis an we quits. What type ah hanimal mek im yard in a set? Is a badger or a cuckoo?"

"Is a badger, man." says Selwyn without hesitation.

"You sure, bwoy ?"

"Definite. Wan 'undred purcent. A badger. Definitely."

"Right, Chris, tank yu man.""

"I'll go wit di heediat bwoy Selwyn.

The answer is a badger.

"Final answer, Winston?"

"Yeh mon, Meridith, final answer."

"That's the correct answer. You've won $1 million!" Cue wild celebrations.

Next morning Winston calls up Selwyn, "Bredren that was blood-fire ansa laas night bwoy, yuh cum good! How you did know badger yard is a sett?"

" Me nevah know..." replies Selwyn, "... But everybaddy know cuckoo live inna clock.

:lol::lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Good morning ladies; sometime I have to get off my chest. Now, mi really si why some people lef out a dis, but mi NAW GO NO WEH!

Let me give you a little history. From I joined this forum in January 2008 I've been getting PMs from someone named NewYorks finest or Ms. Jamaica or Iamalldat, the name changes all the time. Some of her PMs are rude and offensive so I don't answer them other than to say if you're reaching out for help, here is my personal email and cell number. Things will cool off for a few weeks then she start pon mi again. I'll block her and she will change her name. Yesterdays message did it for me.

First of all, mi sure seh mi naw sleep wid u man or u ooman...So, MS. NEWYORKSfinest...If you have something to say to me don't hide in PMs and please don't hide by changing your name. I offered you my personal e-mail because it sound like you were reaching out for help. But since you wan gwanne like seh you a raw born JAMAICAN (but mi know seh u a YANKEE) mi can tell fram u EXTREMELY BAD PATWAH...so LOOK AND LEARN...mi ago fling it back pon u same way...u si mi.

First of all u wah tell mi seh mi a affen people up in yah a mi a new comah reh..reh..reh..but u si mi...if u no like eeh no come in yah..lack aff u machine n go catchup up sum weh. Mi no know why it afi kancern u seh fi mi man yongah dan mi...a wah (smadi hurt u)...my girl what is di problem....dis is a public forum. If u no like wah deh seh in er jus lack aff u machine simple ting my girl. Since u wah chat a seh mi desperate fi go a yard fi fine man (come inna dis yah tread n cuss mi) TAP HIDE...mi just a seh mi peace.

Mi no know wah mi do to u or how mi offend u dis yah week n mi naw apoligize ...so if a di renkin meat u a look sarry my girl dat kaan gwaane...if a one man u a look...mi might can hook u up. So, PLEASE STOP IT! and since it concern u so much dat mi a send out prayer, but can cuss di same time...my girl u no si cussing yet...but if a piece a my BOBOBLOODCLAAT DUTTY TINKIN SOUWAH P**SYCLATT MOUTH U WAH HEAR u we get eeh...

*********************** Sorry my beautiful sisters I had to get that off my chest

what the heck? why people cant just live their own lives instead of trying to mess up other peoples! Like you dont have enough stress Lawny going thru all this immigration mess! The bible says have no business with quarrel. Thats something I have been working on lately. Im sorry that someone is trying to hurt you!

I hope so. I really do. Today is a really hard day. My work is super stressful right now, I am past 180 days at VSC with no news. The phone card I have been using for like 3 years (Sprint International) just suddenly went up to 50cents a minute, and lots more things I just want to crawl in a ball and whine about. cry about.

and....did anyone else use sprint? what other calling cards are good? I cant really get a plan on the house phone b/c I just rent a room from a lady...so..any help?

WOW Shrewdie!!!! That's alot! That's the same one I was using via CVS b/c they give you a 10% increase whenever you renew the card with them!!

This too shall pass!

Bless,

Gill

yeah. I have just been renewing the same one and yesterday my minutes went from 75 t 25 and I called and thats why.

lovely.

Shrew-girl, mine seems to be the same as it was. I know they changed the look of them so maybe they are expiring yours. Run in CVS and grab and new one and give it a try!

I added $20 to my CVS Sprint card yesterday and got 106 minutes. What is going on with your card? Have you called customer service?

Timeline
Hey Ladies;

Had to go for a long walk to clear my head. Now, I get back to my desk and get an e-mail from the embassy saying they did mail out packet 4 and all now I don't get it. So, I politely asked again, when it was mailed they said the 18th of April, so I e-mailed them to ask what address...DEM AVE DI WRANG ADDRESS

How is that possible? The address on the petition and the DS-230 are all the same. I don't know where the heck the got the address from for my fiance and they promised to mail the interview letter to me (that address is also wrong). Wrong number and wrong street name. This is just not my time.

Gone for another walk. I replied with the proper address. I'm so fustrated. How could this have happened? No wonder we don't have Packet 4 yet. NVC and DOS have the proper address.

Ask them to e-mail the info to you or he can go and pick up packet #4. When I was concerned about Mike not getting his in time for his medical, I emailed them and they responded with a date for him to pick up the packet #4. They subsequently re-mailed the packet to both of us and we received them in a week.

Try that. When you have an interview date, they are quick to respond. Goodluck.

Edited by clairern

Hey Family

I feel like a long lost cousin. I miss you all !!! Hubby and I are doing fine. Atlanta is getting hot and gas prices are soaring!!!!!!! Congrats to all the new MOM's your 1st Mothers day is coming up.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Timeline
Hey Ladies;

Had to go for a long walk to clear my head. Now, I get back to my desk and get an e-mail from the embassy saying they did mail out packet 4 and all now I don't get it. So, I politely asked again, when it was mailed they said the 18th of April, so I e-mailed them to ask what address...DEM AVE DI WRANG ADDRESS

How is that possible? The address on the petition and the DS-230 are all the same. I don't know where the heck the got the address from for my fiance and they promised to mail the interview letter to me (that address is also wrong). Wrong number and wrong street name. This is just not my time.

Gone for another walk. I replied with the proper address. I'm so fustrated. How could this have happened? No wonder we don't have Packet 4 yet. NVC and DOS have the proper address.

Ask them to e-mail the info to you or he can go and pick up packet #4. When I was concerned about Mike not getting his in time for his medical, I emailed them and they emailed my back with a date to pick the packet. They subsequently re-mailed the packet to both of us and we received them in a week.

Thanks Claire, I did e-mail them. Actually, they replied 4 times in less than an hour. I think they know I'm fustrated, but I am always polite, but FIRM. I didn't want to push too many buttons since they were nice to enough to give me the date and time I requested. Oh, well, I hope it will work out by this weekend. Likkle more.

What a stress pon mi today

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ladies;

Ask them to e-mail the info to you or he can go and pick up packet #4. When I was concerned about Mike not getting his in time for his medical, I emailed them and they emailed my back with a date to pick the packet. They subsequently re-mailed the packet to both of us and we received them in a week.

Thanks Claire, I did e-mail them. Actually, they replied 4 times in less than an hour. I think they know I'm fustrated, but I am always polite, but FIRM. I didn't want to push too many buttons since they were nice to enough to give me the date and time I requested. Oh, well, I hope it will work out by this weekend. Likkle more.

What a stress pon mi today

GYAL, mi just come pon di board and a read, is wha really a gwan wid u? Mi haffi send a special shout out to the man above to just mek the devil and his minions come outta u life

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
awakening1 congrats on the interview date :dance: :dance:

Ms. B;

I want a to have another baby. I was feeling old at 37, but look at you SON awwwwww the more I want one more. How u doing since his birth?

Sorry Ms. B;

That's what I get for drinking NYQUIL in the day time...I met to say your baby girl. I'm mixing you up with my co-worker who had her son the same day as you daughter. Okay. No more drugs for me.

awakening1 congrats on the interview date :dance: :dance:

thanks and congrates on your beautiful princess. She is an absolute doll!

Awakening;

Did you ask you SO if he remembers some physcho women (would have been me) outside the embassy the day he dropped of his DS-230?

:rofl: Thats ok Lawny!!

The funniest thing when we were at the hospital 2 nurses ask my dad if he was the father. He laughed and said no that Dwain had gone to School and he took over on the day shift. He said the only way possible to be the father is if he was a plagimist from like the Texas Ranch. I started laughing really hard. Here my dad is 54 and they thought he looked a lot younger. :bonk:

Oh it reminds me I am going to get a new pic soon and have her in pink :whistle:

the nurses kept asking me if her father was mexican..... :wacko:

Shauna Dwain keeps saying our little girl looks Mexican. :angry:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Lawny..yuh no trace di gyal properly...weh she know yuh from...dem seh duppy know who fi fraiten (especially when dem feel u no have no mout) and she intentionally a mess wid yuh changing the name so often....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

shrewdgal- I use to have a sprint card way back in the day. I used it for 4 years and then I switch to the yardie card online. My hubby loves it. Its been the best for us. I wish they still had their 10 cent rates but things have to go up!

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Mrs. Palmer and Gill thanks for the tips on the skin color. My mother came over last night and said wow she has gotten a lot darker in a week. Thanks to my mother I had 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Dad comes over tonight. YEAH

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies.....

Hows everyone doing? I have some catching up to do..... Lawny, what did you do to that chick? LMAO Don't sweat the foolishness.........

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This too shall pass!

Bless,

Gill

lovely.

I bought this one around easter - when they had them buy one get one. I topped it up last week.

I use www.Ringyard.com to call Jamaica and other international countries. I love it...... The calls are clear and your not charged when the person doesn't answer and you hang up before the voicemail comes on. It's 19 cents a min. $10 gives you 50 mins and if you log on with my referral code, you can get 25 free mins. Try it out. I promise you'll love it. My referral code is 1887. You can order cards for $2, $5, $10, $20 and up to $150. PM me if you need any additional information. For those of you going through the process. This site is really good, because you can download all your calls and have it as proof if you should need it.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.