Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Morning Yardies!!

Just a sharing a quick chuckle lol!

4 Jamaicans got into a taxi in Trinidad .

Taxi driver says "I can only take 3; de ugliest one ha fi get out".

One of the Jamaicans replied " Den who de rassss gwine drive?!"

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jax,

Here's a secret...if you look at the color of her fingers...right above her cuticles...that's typically a good indicator of what her final complexion will be. I didn't believe it either until I did a test on my 2nd son, Gavin. I checked out right above his cuticles...a few days after his birth...it was darker than my complexion or my ex husbands...but sure enough his complexion is true to the color of his cuticles...he doesn't look like either one of us...Gavin looks straight Koolie...but is the dead stamp of his older cousin... :wacko::blink: Genes are an AMAZING thing!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- I hope I didn't offend anyone with this tip!

P.P.S- Don't forget to post the pink dress picture...I love Baby girl's clothes...they are so cute...dem come in like dollie! :lol::luv:

LOL...it's not a a secret!!!!

Also, you can tell by the colour of their ears....Sometimes it's harder to judge by their ears because if their ears are hairy, they can seem darker...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hope so. I really do. Today is a really hard day. My work is super stressful right now, I am past 180 days at VSC with no news. The phone card I have been using for like 3 years (Sprint International) just suddenly went up to 50cents a minute, and lots more things I just want to crawl in a ball and whine about. cry about.

:( thanks ladies for the continual support and prayers.

and....did anyone else use sprint? what other calling cards are good? I cant really get a plan on the house phone b/c I just rent a room from a lady...so..any help?

WOW, I am shocked to hear that - I use Sprint when CVS has the buy one get one free sale - Otherwise, I use Ringyard - you sign up at ringyard.com, and register a phone number that you will call from and a pin - You can recharge through the phone or online, and you can register more than one number to call from - it's 19 or 20 cents a minute.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

TGIF, everyone!!

I am working from home today - Originally, I had planned to do so because I was going to see Luciano yesterday - However, work was so so crazy, I got home late and laid down on the couch and woke up at 11 pm, way too late to go! :cry: :cry:

I walked in yesterday to an email from my problem attorney asking me to call another attorney and negotiate a settlement because she didn't have the file or his number - All of our files have been electronic for 2 years now, so I would say that's pretty clear proof that she doesn't do anything! I replied and Bcc'd my manager, so let's see what happens!

Hope everyone has a good day - I have to read back and finish catching up to find out what's happened!

Well i dunno hubby havin job finding troubles we even tried the local restaurants noone seems like they want to give him a chance BK or Mickey D's is next. Lowes told him to come do some assesment, so he calls the lady and she says well it does not say pass or fail apply again in 60 days!!! huh....what...we will move to TX soon !! finally! ...they said i can come possibly btwn june-august so we need moving funds and im well too tired for any overtime but im gonna try to work saturdays i broke my blasted air card so im not on that much just peep in in the day and go to work i should have been much nicer to it :) how are u!!

Have you tried having him go to a temp agency? Even without computer skills, there are a lot of temp jobs out there- My company uses temps in the mail room, there are temp jobs for construction type work (my ex did this for a while to add some experience to his resume), even factory stuff - It might be boring, but at least it's income!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yeah DJ kenny kool..mi did have a couple a CDs a friend brought up for me dem kool..as long as a vibes CD mi no care who mek dem :) maybe Gill would have a better idea :) ....u try searching them online ? u no know nobody a go down ? and can i say something....stop using so much of those spices no benefit..u ever just try using garlic, thyme, tomato, onions or escallion likkle black peppa and a pinch a a salt..yuh good to go :) ..just fi mi likkle bit

keepin it natural and simple eh :) im gonna try that tomorrow! ill let u know how it turn out. Going to make Ackee and Salt Fish. First try.

Send some this way ...PUH-LEASE!!!!!!! I................MISS.......................YARD!!!!!! :crying::crying::crying: The only good thing is we are determined to go back there to get KJ...so I know we a guh dung inna deh next 10 months!! :D:D Thinking about Thanksgiving...and I am on a mission that we all (the entire family) stay at the HI!!! There's a bell boy there that dealt wid mi husband ROUGH :angry: han I want EM fi carry halla mi bag dem!!! :devil:

Han mi tip will be..."Be nicer tuh people yuh wuk wid ...cause yuh neva knoa where life will lead dem!! ;) "

Hennyway totally I got totally off topic!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MAWNING FAMILY!!!!!!!

:dance::dance:HAPPY HAPPY T.G.I.F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Gill

P.S.- Kim PLEASE don't be a stranger...I miss you, Chica!!

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

Good morning ladies; sometime I have to get off my chest. Now, mi really si why some people lef out a dis, but mi NAW GO NO WEH!

Let me give you a little history. From I joined this forum in January 2008 I've been getting PMs from someone named NewYorks finest or Ms. Jamaica or Iamalldat, the name changes all the time. Some of her PMs are rude and offensive so I don't answer them other than to say if you're reaching out for help, here is my personal email and cell number. Things will cool off for a few weeks then she start pon mi again. I'll block her and she will change her name. Yesterdays message did it for me.

First of all, mi sure seh mi naw sleep wid u man or u ooman...So, MS. NEWYORKSfinest...If you have something to say to me don't hide in PMs and please don't hide by changing your name. I offered you my personal e-mail because it sound like you were reaching out for help. But since you wan gwanne like seh you a raw born JAMAICAN (but mi know seh u a YANKEE) mi can tell fram u EXTREMELY BAD PATWAH...so LOOK AND LEARN...mi ago fling it back pon u same way...u si mi.

First of all u wah tell mi seh mi a affen people up in yah a mi a new comah reh..reh..reh..but u si mi...if u no like eeh no come in yah..lack aff u machine n go catchup up sum weh. Mi no know why it afi kancern u seh fi mi man yongah dan mi...a wah (smadi hurt u)...my girl what is di problem....dis is a public forum. If u no like wah deh seh in er jus lack aff u machine simple ting my girl. Since u wah chat a seh mi desperate fi go a yard fi fine man (come inna dis yah tread n cuss mi) TAP HIDE...mi just a seh mi peace.

Mi no know wah mi do to u or how mi offend u dis yah week n mi naw apoligize ...so if a di renkin meat u a look sarry my girl dat kaan gwaane...if a one man u a look...mi might can hook u up. So, PLEASE STOP IT! and since it concern u so much dat mi a send out prayer, but can cuss di same time...my girl u no si cussing yet...but if a piece a my BOBOBLOODCLAAT DUTTY TINKIN SOUWAH P**SYCLATT MOUTH U WAH HEAR u we get eeh...

*********************** Sorry my beautiful sisters I had to get that off my chest

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning ladies; sometime I have to get off my chest. Now, mi really si why some people lef out a dis, but mi NAW GO NO WEH!

Let me give you a little history. From I joined this forum in January 2008 I've been getting PMs from someone named NewYorks finest or Ms. Jamaica or Iamalldat, the name changes all the time. Some of her PMs are rude and offensive so I don't answer them other than to say if you're reaching out for help, here is my personal email and cell number. Things will cool off for a few weeks then she start pon mi again. I'll block her and she will change her name. Yesterdays message did it for me.

First of all, mi sure seh mi naw sleep wid u man or u ooman...So, MS. NEWYORKSfinest...If you have something to say to me don't hide in PMs and please don't hide by changing your name. I offered you my personal e-mail because it sound like you were reaching out for help. But since you wan gwanne like seh you a raw born JAMAICAN (but mi know seh u a YANKEE) mi can tell fram u EXTREMELY BAD PATWAH...so LOOK AND LEARN...mi ago fling it back pon u same way...u si mi.

First of all u wah tell mi seh mi a affen people up in yah a mi a new comah reh..reh..reh..but u si mi...if u no like eeh no come in yah..lack aff u machine n go catchup up sum weh. Mi no know why it afi kancern u seh fi mi man yongah dan mi...a wah (smadi hurt u)...my girl what is di problem....dis is a public forum. If u no like wah deh seh in er jus lack aff u machine simple ting my girl. Since u wah chat a seh mi desperate fi go a yard fi fine man (come inna dis yah tread n cuss mi) TAP HIDE...mi just a seh mi peace.

Mi no know wah mi do to u or how mi offend u dis yah week n mi naw apoligize ...so if a di renkin meat u a look sarry my girl dat kaan gwaane...if a one man u a look...mi might can hook u up. So, PLEASE STOP IT! and since it concern u so much dat mi a send out prayer, but can cuss di same time...my girl u no si cussing yet...but if a piece a my BOBOBLOODCLAAT DUTTY TINKIN SOUWAH P**SYCLATT MOUTH U WAH HEAR u we get eeh...

*********************** Sorry my beautiful sisters I had to get that off my chest

:o I'm sorry Trelawny...that is crazy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dang Lawny ya handle ya business in yah wi somebody rude to Rass same way. :thumbs: Mi sorry fi hear dis happen fi ya.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She dyam bright han houtta rasclaat order...ah who she...han is where she ah come hin? SURRRRRRRRRPS....well yuh lace har good & proper mi sista... :thumbs::thumbs: ...good fuh yuh! Tell har jafakican rass fi guh siddung!!!

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Trelawny! That was so wierd! Where do these people come from??

Anyway, just popping in to say howdy to one and all!!

Rhonda, I was looking all over JALinkUP for baby pics!LOL But I finally saw your signature with your gorgeous little one. Tony must be so excited!!

I have a joke to share. Hopefully you haven't posted it here already.

Winston the Jamaican is on 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' and has reached the $1 million question. Meredith Veira says, "Right Winston, this is for $1 million, and remember, you still have two lifelines left, so please take your time. "Here's your question: What type of animal lives in a Sett? "

Is it.

A: Badger

B: Ferret

C: Mole

D: Cuckoo?"

Winston ponders for a while and says, "Backside Meridith, mi not sure, gi mi di 50-50."

"Right, Winston, let's take away two wrong answers and see what you're left with. 'Badger' and 'Cuckoo' are the two remaining answers.

Winston has a long think, then scratches his head and says, "Blouse an' Skirt Meridith, mi still nuh know, mek mi phone mi small island bredren."

So who are you going to call?" says Meridith.

"Hmmm, Ah tink I'll call Selwyn in Mandeville ."

So Meridith phones Selwyn in Mandeville. "Selwyn, this is Meridith Veira from 'Who wants to be a Millionaire'. I've got Winston here, and with your help he could win $1 million. The next voice you hear will be Winston."

"Wha gwan Selwyn". "Where mi money deh...? any way, ansa dis an we quits. What type ah hanimal mek im yard in a set? Is a badger or a cuckoo?"

"Is a badger, man." says Selwyn without hesitation.

"You sure, bwoy ?"

"Definite. Wan 'undred purcent. A badger. Definitely."

"Right, Chris, tank yu man.""

"I'll go wit di heediat bwoy Selwyn.

The answer is a badger.

"Final answer, Winston?"

"Yeh mon, Meridith, final answer."

"That's the correct answer. You've won $1 million!" Cue wild celebrations.

Next morning Winston calls up Selwyn, "Bredren that was blood-fire ansa laas night bwoy, yuh cum good! How you did know badger yard is a sett?"

" Me nevah know..." replies Selwyn, "... But everybaddy know cuckoo live inna clock.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
I hope so. I really do. Today is a really hard day. My work is super stressful right now, I am past 180 days at VSC with no news. The phone card I have been using for like 3 years (Sprint International) just suddenly went up to 50cents a minute, and lots more things I just want to crawl in a ball and whine about. cry about.

and....did anyone else use sprint? what other calling cards are good? I cant really get a plan on the house phone b/c I just rent a room from a lady...so..any help?

WOW Shrewdie!!!! That's alot! That's the same one I was using via CVS b/c they give you a 10% increase whenever you renew the card with them!!

I'm sorry your having a bad day!

This too shall pass!

Bless,

Gill

yeah. I have just been renewing the same one and yesterday my minutes went from 75 t 25 and I called and thats why.

lovely.

Oh my!! That is the same card I use --mi go check pon it........

let me know. maybe its just b/c mine was an older one?

Shrew-girl, mine seems to be the same as it was. I know they changed the look of them so maybe they are expiring yours. Run in CVS and grab and new one and give it a try!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Tre, I am very sorry that some people cannot be mature, but that is not your problem. I can't speak PATWAH, but I sure was able to understand this message, therefore I hope the individual who this is directed to will get the message.

Remember, those who are not loved are always jealous of those who are loved. Girl keep that spirit and let NO ONE take it away from you. Remember love does not have an age condition attached to it.

It her problem not your.

HUGS HUGS HUGS :star::star::star::star: You are this shinning star

From the short time I have been on this thread I have grown to admire you for your spirit.

Be Bless

Timeline

OMG!!! That's some crazy stuff Lawny. Sorry you have to be bothered by it.........

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:o I'm sorry Trelawny...that is crazy.

what the heck? why people cant just live their own lives instead of trying to mess up other peoples! Like you dont have enough stress Lawny going thru all this immigration mess! The bible says have no business with quarrel. Thats something I have been working on lately. Im sorry that someone is trying to hurt you!

WOW Shrewdie!!!! That's alot! That's the same one I was using via CVS b/c they give you a 10% increase whenever you renew the card with them!!

I'm sorry your having a bad day!

This too shall pass!

Bless,

Gill

yeah. I have just been renewing the same one and yesterday my minutes went from 75 t 25 and I called and thats why.

lovely.

Oh my!! That is the same card I use --mi go check pon it........

let me know. maybe its just b/c mine was an older one?

Shrew-girl, mine seems to be the same as it was. I know they changed the look of them so maybe they are expiring yours. Run in CVS and grab and new one and give it a try!

okay. I will. maybe that is it. I hope so!!

When I called and added yesterday $25.00 only gave me 50 minutes!!!! :crying:

when did you get yours? have you topped up lately?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.