Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Shrewdie--I know how frustrating the whole phone card thing is...been doing this for years now, and I swear, it can be the final straw that breaks MY back! :wacko::wacko: I primarily use the MCI International phone card. They get great rates, even on JA cell lines. And you can keep re-charging the card as needed. There's no hassle, and I've NEVER had a problem with ridiculous rate increases, and I've been using them for 3 years. Hope this helps! ((((HUGS))))

Tamisha

Hi, I use REBTEL it is a online phone card at rebtel.com, it is 19 cents cell to cell or 9 cents land line to land line. Also it lets me assign a local number to their international number so I am only paying as if I am calling locally. I love it cause it allows me to re-fill my card directly from the internet and it keeps a detail listing of all of my calls for evidence.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

Be Bless

Edited by RoxcieJoe

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shrewdie--I know how frustrating the whole phone card thing is...been doing this for years now, and I swear, it can be the final straw that breaks MY back! :wacko::wacko: I primarily use the MCI International phone card. They get great rates, even on JA cell lines. And you can keep re-charging the card as needed. There's no hassle, and I've NEVER had a problem with ridiculous rate increases, and I've been using them for 3 years. Hope this helps! ((((HUGS))))

Tamisha

thanks! I will have to look for that one!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hope so. I really do. Today is a really hard day. My work is super stressful right now, I am past 180 days at VSC with no news. The phone card I have been using for like 3 years (Sprint International) just suddenly went up to 50cents a minute, and lots more things I just want to crawl in a ball and whine about. cry about.

:( thanks ladies for the continual support and prayers.

and....did anyone else use sprint? what other calling cards are good? I cant really get a plan on the house phone b/c I just rent a room from a lady...so..any help?

WOW Shrewdie!!!! That's alot! That's the same one I was using via CVS b/c they give you a 10% increase whenever you renew the card with them!!

I'm sorry your having a bad day!

This too shall pass!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope so. I really do. Today is a really hard day. My work is super stressful right now, I am past 180 days at VSC with no news. The phone card I have been using for like 3 years (Sprint International) just suddenly went up to 50cents a minute, and lots more things I just want to crawl in a ball and whine about. cry about.

and....did anyone else use sprint? what other calling cards are good? I cant really get a plan on the house phone b/c I just rent a room from a lady...so..any help?

Oh my!! That is the same card I use --mi go check pon it........

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL Yeah when Dwain came back to the hospital. My dad said here is the father and we look nothing a like. She looks like her daddy but has my very light skin which I was so suprised. Dwain said she looked mexican at first. My cousin and friends have biracial kids but they are all a lot darker. And my cousin is very pale with natural blonde hair. So I guess thats why we were surprised.

Jax,

Here's a secret...if you look at the color of her fingers...right above her cuticles...that's typically a good indicator of what her final complexion will be. I didn't believe it either until I did a test on my 2nd son, Gavin. I checked out right above his cuticles...a few days after his birth...it was darker than my complexion or my ex husbands...but sure enough his complexion is true to the color of his cuticles...he doesn't look like either one of us...Gavin looks straight Koolie...but is the dead stamp of his older cousin... :wacko::blink: Genes are an AMAZING thing!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- I hope I didn't offend anyone with this tip!

P.P.S- Don't forget to post the pink dress picture...I love Baby girl's clothes...they are so cute...dem come in like dollie! :lol::luv:

I usually look at the tips of their ears...works every time...I've had friends and family whose kinds of come out darn near white but when you look at the tips of their ears you're like...ooookkkk...you WILL darken up!! LOL

LOL...yup the ears are a good indicator too!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Hello everyone! I'm back from a wonderful visit with Dwayne. We had a blast just being together. Anyway, I must share what happened as I prepared to leave Sunday. It's pretty long but I figured someone could relate or benefit from my lessons learned.

I get to the Kingston airport and they ask for my passport. No problem I think and reach in my bag. OH LORD no passport!! I get out of line and rip open suitcase and no passport!! I had to call Dwayne to come back to get me. We go back to the house and search and search no passport!! I'm crying at this point because I'm supposed to be back at work next day. Dwayne family was all talking in loud patois about it being stolen and how people will take your picture out and sale it on black market. They fuss and fuss at me about not keeping up with it (Like I didn't fuss enough at myself). :crying: So I call the embassy and they were closed. My sister (Jawi876) looks up process for getting a temp passport and this is when the worse stress of my life begins. She tells me I will need a police report. So off we go to local police station in the area to report it. They look at me as if I have 4 heads and say, "You lost your passport or it stolen?" I say I have no idea it was not in my purse when I went to airport. They write something in a huge book about what I said and tell me I must go to Spanish town tomorrow to collect a form before they can do the report. I say, "You have to be kidding me!! Why can't you just give me the report?" They tell me it doesn't work that way and I say, "it sounds like you are giving me procedure for Jamaicans who lose their passport not Americans. This is what Dwayne had to do because his passport from birth was wet up and he needed to file a lost/damaged form. This is what took so long for him to order a new one. We basically ran around from town to town building to building 5 days of my trip). The police scratch their heads and say no "We THINK you need to go to Spanish town." So next morning we are off to Spanish town and when we get there they again do the 4 head look at me and say, "You lost your passport or it stolen?" OH Lord Gawd!! They say stand outside. I wait outside and then they call me back and give me the same form Dwayne had to fill out and say you will need to take this back to police station where you reported it lost and they will stamp it and then bring it back here. I said, #######!!" Dwayne grabs my hand and pulls me out because I'm crying now and acting like a crazed lunatic ready to windmill on some dummies heads. :angry: So they agree I don't need to bring it back to them but I do need to go back to police station for report to be filled out. So we go back to station (4 hrs to get back) and they say, "The person who needs to sign this is in court. You will need to come back tomorrow." I'm seeing red I'm so mad. So Dwayne makes a call to a cousin who is a policeman to see if he can help and he tells us to leave the form and come back tonight and he will have it filled out. We get back that night and the form is not done. They say he has been in court. The officers at desk do the 4 head move again and say, "Ma'am we have to investigate this passport issue and it can take 3 weeks or more before we give you these forms and a report." I freak out and start yelling again that it is absurd, so they send me to see the Chief. He sits behind his desk looking aggravated that I disturbed him from reading the paper and does the 4 head thing at me again. Then he says it may not take 3 weeks but this doesn't happen in one day. It may take us 1-2 weeks to complete this investigation. He says, "You see ma'am police are suspicious by nature and we need to find exactly what happened to your passport. It can't just be gone because you come in here and say it's missing." I tell him it is gone and he presses for more details of when I last saw it in my purse. He then says again, "Yes this will take time to investigate." I say, "What exactly are you investigating and can I help you complete the investigation tonight?!! I need to get to embassy tomorrow with a police report." He says, "Ma'am you see this looks suspicious so we have to find out if you sold it for money and thought you could come in here to get a police report for a new one." :angry: I say, "I can't believe you are accusing me of something like that and then say, "Why on earth would I sell my passport when my plane was scheduled to leave?" He says, "That's what we need to get to the bottom of." Anyway, we argue back and forth and Dwayne is trying to tell him I must get back to my job or risk being fired. He chuckles and says, Ma'am you were given a passport and you failed to keep it safe. You must deal with the consequence of that and your job is not our concern." Over an hour I argue my case that I'm willing to assist in investigation but I'm not leaving the station without a police report. Finally Dwayne calls cousin and he comes to the rescue and asks the Chief if he can do the report and he tells him ok. We do the report which was nothing but my statement on notebook paper. The next morning we head to embassy and I pay the $100.00 to get the temp passport. So lessons learned 1. Get a purse with a zipper. 2 Never leave passport in houses (lock it up somewhere safe). 3. Never lose passport again :thumbs:

On my way to airport yesterday, Dwayne's brother called and says excitedly, "Me find de passport pon de floor in de car!" It fell out into his car and we didn't see it in the search!! LAWD GAWD

Dwayne received a letter that our interview is scheduled for 6/24/08 at 7:30 am. Yippie.

I'm praying for those of you still waiting on details on your status.

Good Lawd!! Just reading this had me stressed out. But the whole time I'm reading it I'm thinking...."why didnt she just go to the US consular office?" When in a foreign country there are consular posts throughout the country/island that assist US citizens with these exact problems. You should register your travels and passport with the consular before making trips abroad. Here is the link to the main Jamaica page for US citizens travelling to Jamaica. And here is the link to register your travels. This is a standard for US citizens because of the high threats that can come against us just for being Americans. Many times people who are doing missions or some sort of extended stays register their travel just incase country violence begins to happen or passports are stolen and this registry helps you get back to the US and provides protection and assistance to you as an American citizen. Sounds like you were doing the procedures of a JA citizen who lost their passport.

When you register you can opt to get email travel alerts of Jamaica. They will tell you where there are places considered "unsafe to Americans". These are usually places where there is political violence or purposed attacks against Americans. In this past month I'v been receiving alot of emails on Jamaica and the different political viloence being played out all over the island. Its just a good idea to register.

Glad to hear you got your interview and that the passport was at least found.

Thanks for posting this - I never knew!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

WOW Shrewdie!!!! That's alot! That's the same one I was using via CVS b/c they give you a 10% increase whenever you renew the card with them!!

I'm sorry your having a bad day!

This too shall pass!

Bless,

Gill

yeah. I have just been renewing the same one and yesterday my minutes went from 75 t 25 and I called and thats why.

lovely.

Oh my!! That is the same card I use --mi go check pon it........

let me know. maybe its just b/c mine was an older one?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Kim...how are you doing..how's the bun ? how's hubby..haven't seen you in a while

Well i dunno hubby havin job finding troubles we even tried the local restaurants noone seems like they want to give him a chance BK or Mickey D's is next. Lowes told him to come do some assesment, so he calls the lady and she says well it does not say pass or fail apply again in 60 days!!! huh....what...we will move to TX soon !! finally! ...they said i can come possibly btwn june-august so we need moving funds and im well too tired for any overtime but im gonna try to work saturdays i broke my blasted air card so im not on that much just peep in in the day and go to work i should have been much nicer to it :) how are u!!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
Hey Kim...how are you doing..how's the bun ? how's hubby..haven't seen you in a while

Well i dunno hubby havin job finding troubles we even tried the local restaurants noone seems like they want to give him a chance BK or Mickey D's is next. Lowes told him to come do some assesment, so he calls the lady and she says well it does not say pass or fail apply again in 60 days!!! huh....what...we will move to TX soon !! finally! ...they said i can come possibly btwn june-august so we need moving funds and im well too tired for any overtime but im gonna try to work saturdays i broke my blasted air card so im not on that much just peep in in the day and go to work i should have been much nicer to it :) how are u!!

aww..girl....something soon come round by the grace of God !...happy that ur finally going to get ur transfer..so u can enjoy life a little more...let him start putting in applications for down there like in June or even late May ..u check ur local news paper ? by the Sunday one

We're good can't complain..just can't wait fot September to come and mi go pon maternity leave :) and of course wi bundle of joy numba 2 will be here :) doesn't those air cards cost $$$

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

aww..girl....something soon come round by the grace of God !...happy that ur finally going to get ur transfer..so u can enjoy life a little more...let him start putting in applications for down there like in June or even late May ..u check ur local news paper ? by the Sunday one

We're good can't complain..just can't wait fot September to come and mi go pon maternity leave :) and of course wi bundle of joy numba 2 will be here :) doesn't those air cards cost $$

Well this one was free but bright me didnt get the insurance lol so if i want a new one i have to pay full retail which is like well over 100 bucks

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
i know..that's what i thought..si why insurance pays :)

heheh is should know better i work for the phn company thats bad right lol ...im up here searching mix cds online right now...do u like DJ Kenny http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=289281561 he is my favorite im havin trouble finding his CDs online as well as my favorite spices!! i am rationing out my spices sparingly till i can get to JA to get more. My good friend was kind enuf to bring me some back last time. If anyone can find spices from Vineyard Enterprises online please please PM ME!!!

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

yeah DJ kenny kool..mi did have a couple a CDs a friend brought up for me dem kool..as long as a vibes CD mi no care who mek dem :) maybe Gill would have a better idea :)....u try searching them online ? u no know nobody a go down ? and can i say something....stop using so much of those spices no benefit..u ever just try using garlic, thyme, tomato, onions or escallion likkle black peppa and a pinch a a salt..yuh good to go :)..just fi mi likkle bit

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
yeah DJ kenny kool..mi did have a couple a CDs a friend brought up for me dem kool..as long as a vibes CD mi no care who mek dem :) maybe Gill would have a better idea :) ....u try searching them online ? u no know nobody a go down ? and can i say something....stop using so much of those spices no benefit..u ever just try using garlic, thyme, tomato, onions or escallion likkle black peppa and a pinch a a salt..yuh good to go :) ..just fi mi likkle bit

keepin it natural and simple eh :) im gonna try that tomorrow! ill let u know how it turn out. Going to make Ackee and Salt Fish. First try.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.