Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Awakening; :wow: girl, I would have lost it too if it was me going through that! Wonder what would have happened if your SO's cousin wasn't there to help get the papers signed.. craziness! But luckily it all worked out and most importantly you have an interview date, that's awesome :thumbs:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awakening; :wow: girl, I would have lost it too if it was me going through that! Wonder what would have happened if your SO's cousin wasn't there to help get the papers signed.. craziness! But luckily it all worked out and most importantly you have an interview date, that's awesome :thumbs:

A Good Read The OBSERVER- Jamaica

Draw her closer to you

MARK WIGNALL

Thursday, May 01, 2008

One morning love walked across the room, hesitated, stole a glimpse at you, giggled and headed to the kitchen to get that offered cup of coffee. When she returned and placed it on your desk, you said a simple, "Thank you, honey." Now you see her again as you sit there, a flash, a vision in silk. Pause and gaze across at love and in your heart, draw her closer to you.

She is woman, the sweet of your being and the crowning glory to your finer moments. In your time of despair, has she not lifted you and made you glow again? Has she not painted you as man and beckoned your heart to see her as your true self inscribed on that first page of love?

She has weathered storms which have threatened to take you away into a black hole of nothingness, and in the end she has given you reason to redefine yourself as a better man. That's her over there, a dream coming through the door. As she walks near, you reach for the first sparkle in her eyes, savour the magic in the air, and draw her closer to you.

It falls to you as man to see the sacredness and the silliness of her gift of love. She says goodbye, hello, screams, shouts, combs her hair, hates you, loves you, flies away, returns, and cries because one fingernail is broken. As she brings her truer self to bear on these simple considerations, she confuses you and floods your heart with emotion too much to conceal.

She cannot feign love in the presence of love. If she pretends love to get love, she lives only for a lie, a fleeting emptiness. So she gives you the truth of what is offered, her totality, and allows you to surround her with your goodness. If the moment overwhelms you, she too is unsure. When she trembles in fear of some failing or imagined fear, walk beside her, take her hand and be her love story.

Lead her to a tale of better times when the dawn was as sure as the sun and the soul would always find its place in the quiet peace of a summer night. Give her a song, dream her a wish and with her face cupped in your hands, kiss her impish face and taste her salty tears. Dim the lights, whisper her name, tell her you want her, and draw her closer to you.

Yesterday she joked and laughed and you didn't get it. But you laughed anyway. You laughed because her joy and folly had shone upon you and shaded you from the dark. Later she hid in a quiet corner and you found her silently weeping and you bled out your heart for her because you felt so useless. And even then it was her grace which gave you the courage to lift her up from that moment's sadness.

Today she made much of nothing and you felt her rage making threats on your very own. But she saw it even as you did; those days when the heady brew of love flowed endlessly and all tomorrows were caught up in one finite moment. And in the press of that moment all you could feel was the tenderness of her sweet, hot breath on your face and the promise of her against you.

And if as you think of her she comes into view, do it now. Intrude upon her space - fingers in her hair, a tickle of whispers on her face, a deep yearning for her cloistered places. And in loving her and making her a treasure, and placing her as the true light in your life, say in urgency, "I love you, woman!" and draw her closer to you.

A man comes slowly to the truth of a woman's power. She may be the rage of the dance, the quiet in his noisy world, and in a fashion she may be the portal through which he may walk to find himself or lose himself completely in her delights. It comes hard on him, this moment when he must admit that her magic has trumped his logic.

Fresh out of his illusions, the wiser man harks back to a time when youth and folly embraced him and gave him a stage on which he could run wild and be the hero. Now she walks beside him and tempers the beast in him, but still she invites him to free himself of her.

Wisdom denies man continued folly so he encloses himself deeper in her as he remembers the pain of tears upon his chest and the threat of fluttering wings. And in rediscovering her, he comes back to himself and pays homage to a greater love.

You found her on a quiet evening when she was toying with the idea of finding you who came searching for her. Nothing made sense then except her eyes on you, yours locked on hers and the moment when she bewitched you and opened up her light to you. "Who are you and why are you haunting me so?" you asked.

It was the urgency which brought the fear that a dream had trespassed upon your reality. You were master of the day and you felt safe there. She brought the dream and became it, and she drew you in and etched her own directions on you and felt you loving it, loving her, tempting you to relax your hold on resisting her. "I am the dream you're having," she said. "I am love."

You may be king of your castle, but its walls would be a mockery without her presence, her smile and her tenderness.

You may be victor in all conflicts but how much is it worth, a celebration without knowing that as the day fades, so does she come alive to wipe your brow and direct you to peace, passion and rest.

Other men will pretend a power which comes from enslaving those who utter words of love. When they arrive at themselves, the air is still and the room is alive with the ghosts of their bravado and fear.

As long as she consents to walk with you through the mire and offer you her strength when the days are filled with gloom, reach for the dream she offers you, sing her a song and draw her closer to you.

This was written at the request of women readers who asked that I take a break from the rough and tumble of politics and write something for them.

-observemark@gmail.com

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good mornig you all,

I have a question to ask (maybe silly to some of you). Have you ever heard of anyone filing CR1/IR1 being denied in Kingston. Im just curious my case was just completed at the NVC and im just curious.

Thanks,

Kishmar

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Any of you who like to do a little horse racing wagering...........The Kentucky Derby this year has a Jamaican jockey. He's riding PYRO.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Any of you who like to do a little horse racing wagering...........The Kentucky Derby this year has a Jamaican jockey. He's riding PYRO.

HaHa JG,

Its good that you have interest in Horse Racing, cuz i work at Horse Track in Ja the largest in the Caribbean :wacko:

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone have the phone # to -- I think it is the Dept. of State -- a 605# .. maybe?

I lost it and its the number you can call to chaeck the status of your case. I was wanting to see if Marla's visa has been printed yet.

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone have the phone # to -- I think it is the Dept. of State -- a 605# .. maybe?

I lost it and its the number you can call to chaeck the status of your case. I was wanting to see if Marla's visa has been printed yet.

Here you go babes;

202-663-1225 - I have it memorized (Thanks GILL)

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here you go babes;

202-663-1225 - I have it memorized (Thanks GILL)

Thank you

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Timeline

HaHa JG,

Its good that you have interest in Horse Racing, cuz i work at Horse Track in Ja the largest in the Caribbean :wacko:

Hubby loves the horse track. He'd never been. I was telling him how to look at the program and figure out his bets by the legnth of the last races, if the horse is on drugs, the weights of the jokeys, the weights of the horses, the purses, blah, blah, blah, all the stats......he was like, I'm betting on this one cause I like the name!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I just got back from walking over to the hospital with my mom. My Aunt died about 10 a.m. today. I'm so glad it's over for here. She struggled with this for so long and in great pain. My dad is a mess. She's his little sister. Added to the fact that we lost my grandmother, who lived with my mom and dad, just one year ago this Thursday......well, you can imagine how torn up he is right now. I feel so bad for him.

Sorry for your loss of a love one. My condolence to your and your family.

Death leaves a heartche no one can heal, love leaves memory no one can steal

Be Blessed

I am sorry for your loss and understand what you are going threw. Dwain lost his dad in October and then the next October I lost a great uncle. My prayers go out to your family JOMO. I just celebrated the life that they had.

Does anyone know if i need to send NVC the 2 copies of the police certificate or should I keep one and send another photo copy of it also? I got 2 form hubby and they both have his passport photo stapled to them so now I am not sure if I am supposed to send them both or just send one?

Just send one and keep one for the interview.

Do they always give two copies or do I need to request one?

You automatically get two copies.

thanks..if i ever MAKE IT to NVC that will be good to know!

Girl you will get there, don't you worry. God has a plan for you, You just don't know it yet. After you get to NVC you will speed up like Marlita. Paying online and all speeds it up. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
:ot: Hello everyone! I'm back from a wonderful visit with Dwayne. We had a blast just being together. Anyway, I must share what happened as I prepared to leave Sunday. It's pretty long but I figured someone could relate or benefit from my lessons learned.

I get to the Kingston airport and they ask for my passport. No problem I think and reach in my bag. OH LORD no passport!! I get out of line and rip open suitcase and no passport!! I had to call Dwayne to come back to get me. We go back to the house and search and search no passport!! I'm crying at this point because I'm supposed to be back at work next day. Dwayne family was all talking in loud patois about it being stolen and how people will take your picture out and sale it on black market. They fuss and fuss at me about not keeping up with it (Like I didn't fuss enough at myself). :crying: So I call the embassy and they were closed. My sister (Jawi876) looks up process for getting a temp passport and this is when the worse stress of my life begins. She tells me I will need a police report. So off we go to local police station in the area to report it. They look at me as if I have 4 heads and say, "You lost your passport or it stolen?" I say I have no idea it was not in my purse when I went to airport. They write something in a huge book about what I said and tell me I must go to Spanish town tomorrow to collect a form before they can do the report. I say, "You have to be kidding me!! Why can't you just give me the report?" They tell me it doesn't work that way and I say, "it sounds like you are giving me procedure for Jamaicans who lose their passport not Americans. This is what Dwayne had to do because his passport from birth was wet up and he needed to file a lost/damaged form. This is what took so long for him to order a new one. We basically ran around from town to town building to building 5 days of my trip). The police scratch their heads and say no "We THINK you need to go to Spanish town." So next morning we are off to Spanish town and when we get there they again do the 4 head look at me and say, "You lost your passport or it stolen?" OH Lord Gawd!! They say stand outside. I wait outside and then they call me back and give me the same form Dwayne had to fill out and say you will need to take this back to police station where you reported it lost and they will stamp it and then bring it back here. I said, #######!!" Dwayne grabs my hand and pulls me out because I'm crying now and acting like a crazed lunatic ready to windmill on some dummies heads. :angry: So they agree I don't need to bring it back to them but I do need to go back to police station for report to be filled out. So we go back to station (4 hrs to get back) and they say, "The person who needs to sign this is in court. You will need to come back tomorrow." I'm seeing red I'm so mad. So Dwayne makes a call to a cousin who is a policeman to see if he can help and he tells us to leave the form and come back tonight and he will have it filled out. We get back that night and the form is not done. They say he has been in court. The officers at desk do the 4 head move again and say, "Ma'am we have to investigate this passport issue and it can take 3 weeks or more before we give you these forms and a report." I freak out and start yelling again that it is absurd, so they send me to see the Chief. He sits behind his desk looking aggravated that I disturbed him from reading the paper and does the 4 head thing at me again. Then he says it may not take 3 weeks but this doesn't happen in one day. It may take us 1-2 weeks to complete this investigation. He says, "You see ma'am police are suspicious by nature and we need to find exactly what happened to your passport. It can't just be gone because you come in here and say it's missing." I tell him it is gone and he presses for more details of when I last saw it in my purse. He then says again, "Yes this will take time to investigate." I say, "What exactly are you investigating and can I help you complete the investigation tonight?!! I need to get to embassy tomorrow with a police report." He says, "Ma'am you see this looks suspicious so we have to find out if you sold it for money and thought you could come in here to get a police report for a new one." :angry: I say, "I can't believe you are accusing me of something like that and then say, "Why on earth would I sell my passport when my plane was scheduled to leave?" He says, "That's what we need to get to the bottom of." Anyway, we argue back and forth and Dwayne is trying to tell him I must get back to my job or risk being fired. He chuckles and says, Ma'am you were given a passport and you failed to keep it safe. You must deal with the consequence of that and your job is not our concern." Over an hour I argue my case that I'm willing to assist in investigation but I'm not leaving the station without a police report. Finally Dwayne calls cousin and he comes to the rescue and asks the Chief if he can do the report and he tells him ok. We do the report which was nothing but my statement on notebook paper. The next morning we head to embassy and I pay the $100.00 to get the temp passport. So lessons learned 1. Get a purse with a zipper. 2 Never leave passport in houses (lock it up somewhere safe). 3. Never lose passport again :thumbs:

On my way to airport yesterday, Dwayne's brother called and says excitedly, "Me find de passport pon de floor in de car!" It fell out into his car and we didn't see it in the search!! LAWD GAWD

Dwayne received a letter that our interview is scheduled for 6/24/08 at 7:30 am. Yippie.

I'm praying for those of you still waiting on details on your status.

Sorry for all the BS they put you through, but sometimes when we loose things and are looking for it in a hurry, we always overlook it. But nayway congrats on getting a June interview. :dance:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

HEY CLAIRE...are you ready for 5/6/08????????????

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

JENGS.......... what's up?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Good mornig you all,

I have a question to ask (maybe silly to some of you). Have you ever heard of anyone filing CR1/IR1 being denied in Kingston. Im just curious my case was just completed at the NVC and im just curious.

Thanks,

Kishmar

When I went to my interview I did see a CR1 case denied. The reason the guy didn't finalize his divorce from his first wife before they got married. Eric on here got denied for ganga. He was baned 3 years and waited. Then they recieved their visa. I really don't think its anything you have to worry about as long as every thing is ligit. You will do fine cause your using this site. Just bring as much prof as possible down. All the best!! :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

awakening1 congrats on the interview date :dance: :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.