Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:ot: Hello everyone! I’m back from a wonderful visit with Dwayne. We had a blast just being together. Anyway, I must share what happened as I prepared to leave Sunday. It's pretty long but I figured someone could relate or benefit from my lessons learned.

I get to the Kingston airport and they ask for my passport. No problem I think and reach in my bag. OH LORD no passport!! I get out of line and rip open suitcase and no passport!! I had to call Dwayne to come back to get me. We go back to the house and search and search no passport!! I’m crying at this point because I’m supposed to be back at work next day. Dwayne family was all talking in loud patois about it being stolen and how people will take your picture out and sale it on black market. They fuss and fuss at me about not keeping up with it (Like I didn’t fuss enough at myself). :crying: So I call the embassy and they were closed. My sister (Jawi876) looks up process for getting a temp passport and this is when the worse stress of my life begins. She tells me I will need a police report. So off we go to local police station in the area to report it. They look at me as if I have 4 heads and say, “You lost your passport or it stolen?” I say I have no idea it was not in my purse when I went to airport. They write something in a huge book about what I said and tell me I must go to Spanish town tomorrow to collect a form before they can do the report. I say, “You have to be kidding me!! Why can’t you just give me the report?” They tell me it doesn’t work that way and I say, “it sounds like you are giving me procedure for Jamaicans who lose their passport not Americans. This is what Dwayne had to do because his passport from birth was wet up and he needed to file a lost/damaged form. This is what took so long for him to order a new one. We basically ran around from town to town building to building 5 days of my trip). The police scratch their heads and say no “We THINK you need to go to Spanish town.” So next morning we are off to Spanish town and when we get there they again do the 4 head look at me and say, “You lost your passport or it stolen?” OH Lord Gawd!! They say stand outside. I wait outside and then they call me back and give me the same form Dwayne had to fill out and say you will need to take this back to police station where you reported it lost and they will stamp it and then bring it back here. I said, #######!!” Dwayne grabs my hand and pulls me out because I’m crying now and acting like a crazed lunatic ready to windmill on some dummies heads. :angry: So they agree I don’t need to bring it back to them but I do need to go back to police station for report to be filled out. So we go back to station (4 hrs to get back) and they say, “The person who needs to sign this is in court. You will need to come back tomorrow.” I’m seeing red I’m so mad. So Dwayne makes a call to a cousin who is a policeman to see if he can help and he tells us to leave the form and come back tonight and he will have it filled out. We get back that night and the form is not done. They say he has been in court. The officers at desk do the 4 head move again and say, “Ma’am we have to investigate this passport issue and it can take 3 weeks or more before we give you these forms and a report.” I freak out and start yelling again that it is absurd, so they send me to see the Chief. He sits behind his desk looking aggravated that I disturbed him from reading the paper and does the 4 head thing at me again. Then he says it may not take 3 weeks but this doesn’t happen in one day. It may take us 1-2 weeks to complete this investigation. He says, “You see ma’am police are suspicious by nature and we need to find exactly what happened to your passport. It can’t just be gone because you come in here and say it’s missing.” I tell him it is gone and he presses for more details of when I last saw it in my purse. He then says again, “Yes this will take time to investigate.” I say, “What exactly are you investigating and can I help you complete the investigation tonight?!! I need to get to embassy tomorrow with a police report.” He says, “Ma’am you see this looks suspicious so we have to find out if you sold it for money and thought you could come in here to get a police report for a new one.” :angry: I say, “I can’t believe you are accusing me of something like that and then say, “Why on earth would I sell my passport when my plane was scheduled to leave?” He says, “That’s what we need to get to the bottom of.” Anyway, we argue back and forth and Dwayne is trying to tell him I must get back to my job or risk being fired. He chuckles and says, Ma’am you were given a passport and you failed to keep it safe. You must deal with the consequence of that and your job is not our concern.” Over an hour I argue my case that I’m willing to assist in investigation but I’m not leaving the station without a police report. Finally Dwayne calls cousin and he comes to the rescue and asks the Chief if he can do the report and he tells him ok. We do the report which was nothing but my statement on notebook paper. The next morning we head to embassy and I pay the $100.00 to get the temp passport. So lessons learned 1. Get a purse with a zipper. 2 Never leave passport in houses (lock it up somewhere safe). 3. Never lose passport again :thumbs:

On my way to airport yesterday, Dwayne’s brother called and says excitedly, “Me find de passport pon de floor in de car!” It fell out into his car and we didn’t see it in the search!! LAWD GAWD

Dwayne received a letter that our interview is scheduled for 6/24/08 at 7:30 am. Yippie.

I'm praying for those of you still waiting on details on your status.

Lawd ave merci GIRL...WHAT A STRESS...next time (I pray there won't be a next time) go to the US EMBASSY that's what I did back in 2000. Had a temp passport next day and welcome to trying to get something done in JAMAICA with all the friggin cho...mi caan even type eeh....

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So sorry, Awakening. Doesn't all that red tape tick you off? So tired of all the running around for every single thing EVER!!! Glad it worked out (somewhat!) in the end.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

So sorry, Awakening. Doesn't all that red tape tick you off? So tired of all the running around for every single thing EVER!!! Glad it worked out (somewhat!) in the end.

JG...how you doing and u'r family?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

:ot: Hello everyone! I’m back from a wonderful visit with Dwayne. We had a blast just being together. Anyway, I must share what happened as I prepared to leave Sunday. It's pretty long but I figured someone could relate or benefit from my lessons learned.

I get to the Kingston airport and they ask for my passport. No problem I think and reach in my bag. OH LORD no passport!! I get out of line and rip open suitcase and no passport!! I had to call Dwayne to come back to get me. We go back to the house and search and search no passport!! I’m crying at this point because I’m supposed to be back at work next day. Dwayne family was all talking in loud patois about it being stolen and how people will take your picture out and sale it on black market. They fuss and fuss at me about not keeping up with it (Like I didn’t fuss enough at myself). :crying: So I call the embassy and they were closed. My sister (Jawi876) looks up process for getting a temp passport and this is when the worse stress of my life begins. She tells me I will need a police report. So off we go to local police station in the area to report it. They look at me as if I have 4 heads and say, “You lost your passport or it stolen?” I say I have no idea it was not in my purse when I went to airport. They write something in a huge book about what I said and tell me I must go to Spanish town tomorrow to collect a form before they can do the report. I say, “You have to be kidding me!! Why can’t you just give me the report?” They tell me it doesn’t work that way and I say, “it sounds like you are giving me procedure for Jamaicans who lose their passport not Americans. This is what Dwayne had to do because his passport from birth was wet up and he needed to file a lost/damaged form. This is what took so long for him to order a new one. We basically ran around from town to town building to building 5 days of my trip). The police scratch their heads and say no “We THINK you need to go to Spanish town.” So next morning we are off to Spanish town and when we get there they again do the 4 head look at me and say, “You lost your passport or it stolen?” OH Lord Gawd!! They say stand outside. I wait outside and then they call me back and give me the same form Dwayne had to fill out and say you will need to take this back to police station where you reported it lost and they will stamp it and then bring it back here. I said, #######!!” Dwayne grabs my hand and pulls me out because I’m crying now and acting like a crazed lunatic ready to windmill on some dummies heads. :angry: So they agree I don’t need to bring it back to them but I do need to go back to police station for report to be filled out. So we go back to station (4 hrs to get back) and they say, “The person who needs to sign this is in court. You will need to come back tomorrow.” I’m seeing red I’m so mad. So Dwayne makes a call to a cousin who is a policeman to see if he can help and he tells us to leave the form and come back tonight and he will have it filled out. We get back that night and the form is not done. They say he has been in court. The officers at desk do the 4 head move again and say, “Ma’am we have to investigate this passport issue and it can take 3 weeks or more before we give you these forms and a report.” I freak out and start yelling again that it is absurd, so they send me to see the Chief. He sits behind his desk looking aggravated that I disturbed him from reading the paper and does the 4 head thing at me again. Then he says it may not take 3 weeks but this doesn’t happen in one day. It may take us 1-2 weeks to complete this investigation. He says, “You see ma’am police are suspicious by nature and we need to find exactly what happened to your passport. It can’t just be gone because you come in here and say it’s missing.” I tell him it is gone and he presses for more details of when I last saw it in my purse. He then says again, “Yes this will take time to investigate.” I say, “What exactly are you investigating and can I help you complete the investigation tonight?!! I need to get to embassy tomorrow with a police report.” He says, “Ma’am you see this looks suspicious so we have to find out if you sold it for money and thought you could come in here to get a police report for a new one.” :angry: I say, “I can’t believe you are accusing me of something like that and then say, “Why on earth would I sell my passport when my plane was scheduled to leave?” He says, “That’s what we need to get to the bottom of.” Anyway, we argue back and forth and Dwayne is trying to tell him I must get back to my job or risk being fired. He chuckles and says, Ma’am you were given a passport and you failed to keep it safe. You must deal with the consequence of that and your job is not our concern.” Over an hour I argue my case that I’m willing to assist in investigation but I’m not leaving the station without a police report. Finally Dwayne calls cousin and he comes to the rescue and asks the Chief if he can do the report and he tells him ok. We do the report which was nothing but my statement on notebook paper. The next morning we head to embassy and I pay the $100.00 to get the temp passport. So lessons learned 1. Get a purse with a zipper. 2 Never leave passport in houses (lock it up somewhere safe). 3. Never lose passport again :thumbs:

On my way to airport yesterday, Dwayne’s brother called and says excitedly, “Me find de passport pon de floor in de car!” It fell out into his car and we didn’t see it in the search!! LAWD GAWD

Dwayne received a letter that our interview is scheduled for 6/24/08 at 7:30 am. Yippie.

Good morning everyone,

Sorry you had to experience this drama. But on a side note, two things we should all do when we go into a forgein country. 1. Carry a zerox copy of the information page of the passport( note donot put it in the passport for safe keeping). 2. Scan and send a copy of this information page to your own email. Remember most of us can access our emails from anywhere in the world. It is a lot easier to get a replacement passport when you have this vital information.

Oh by the way what is the 4head thing?

Be Bless

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!! All the baby steps we have been taking........yesterday afternoon, we made one giant leap! To celebrate, I went and go most of my hair chopped off. New start all the way around.

I don't think I've felt this happy in a few years. God, it feels good!!!!

Happy to hear!!!

Show us some pics of your new hairdo!!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Good morning everyone,

Sorry you had to experience this drama. But on a side note, two things we should all do when we go into a forgein country. 1. Carry a zerox copy of the information page of the passport( note donot put it in the passport for safe keeping). 2. Scan and send a copy of this information page to your own email. Remember most of us can access our emails from anywhere in the world. It is a lot easier to get a replacement passport when you have this vital information.

Oh by the way what is the 4head thing?

Be Bless

I carry one copy with me in my suitcase and one I leave with whomever has my itinary and emergency details.

Looking at her like she has 4 heads..........

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

JG...how you doing and u'r family?

Not much going on yet. We go to the wake today. Open casket for family from 4-5, which will be just awful. I saw her right after she died and she looked nothing like she always looked. Then, we hang around till 9 for everyone else.

Tomorrow is the funeral at 1. The one thing I am looking forward to, if you can even look forward to something in this case, is that the cemetary is Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary......where all our service men and women are buried. It is so beautiful in it's design and statuary. Plus, I don't know what it is; but the flags flying always touch me.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!! All the baby steps we have been taking........yesterday afternoon, we made one giant leap! To celebrate, I went and go most of my hair chopped off. New start all the way around.

I don't think I've felt this happy in a few years. God, it feels good!!!!

Happy to hear!!!

Show us some pics of your new hairdo!!!!

Haven't had time to take any pictures yet. Maybe this weekend.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

See this is what kills me and this is when they would have LOCKED up my MADD RASS A$$ UP. Like my incident outside of the embassy on 4/10 (I don't know if your fiance was outside then) since we arrived early to drop off the DS-230. These officers have no NONE nada training in how to deal with people and they talk to you anyway they want and I don't put up with that.

Like ROXIE suggested, my family and I always make copy of our passport and I write the numbers somewhere else and leave the info at my dad's house when we travel. I'm not sure about you, but when I got my last passport a card came with it. I just wrote the number on it and I keep it in my wallet. I think that's why I didn't have much wories when mine (which I thought was lost). For some reason the person that took it back from me didn't give it back to me in customs as they were DIGGING through my suitcases. And the DUMBA$$ (eventhough I had the card you fill out that's given to you on the plane in the passport with my contact numbers in Jamaica NEVER BROTHER TO CALL). They mailed it to Kingston a few days after I left Jamaica. I was there for 14 days! :angry:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
By the way, mornin' everyone.

So I know its too soon to start getting impatient about my petition ... only been sitting at VSC for a little over a month... but been wondering have any of you been approved without any touches, like you just got an email saying you were approved? just curious....

Momsie..that's exactly how it happened for me. No touches, correspondence ...NOTHING from 8/11/07-...then all of a sudden on 12/13/07 I got an email saying petition approved!!

Hang tight Sweets...itsa coming!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone,

Be Bless

I agree. I lost my wallet at the Sumfest a few years ago. Luckily, the front desk at the hotel made a copy of my license so I was able to get on the plane. Now I travel with copies of everything.

Good luck on your interview date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
By the way, mornin' everyone.

So I know its too soon to start getting impatient about my petition ... only been sitting at VSC for a little over a month... but been wondering have any of you been approved without any touches, like you just got an email saying you were approved? just curious....

Momsie..that's exactly how it happened for me. No touches, correspondence ...NOTHING from 8/11/07-...then all of a sudden on 12/13/07 I got an email saying petition approved!!

Hang tight Sweets...itsa coming!

Gill

Same here. We've never been touched or our information was ever updated on USCIS website. I looked up our AOS (3 years ago) the other day for fun...it still said pending approval :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

See this is what kills me and this is when they would have LOCKED up my MADD RASS A$$ UP. Like my incident outside of the embassy on 4/10 (I don't know if your fiance was outside then) since we arrived early to drop off the DS-230. These officers have no NONE nada training in how to deal with people and they talk to you anyway they want and I don't put up with that.

Like ROXIE suggested, my family and I always make copy of our passport and I write the numbers somewhere else and leave the info at my dad's house when we travel. I'm not sure about you, but when I got my last passport a card came with it. I just wrote the number on it and I keep it in my wallet. I think that's why I didn't have much wories when mine (which I thought was lost). For some reason the person that took it back from me didn't give it back to me in customs as they were DIGGING through my suitcases. And the DUMBA$$ (eventhough I had the card you fill out that's given to you on the plane in the passport with my contact numbers in Jamaica NEVER BROTHER TO CALL). They mailed it to Kingston a few days after I left Jamaica. I was there for 14 days! :angry:

You are so right about keeping a copy. Luckly I had my passport # written down in my wallet or it may have taken longer to resolve. The problem was embassy wouldn't issue a new passport without the police statement. That where the drama come from. Dem mek ya crawl like one dog beg fi bone. CHA!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

I agree, Tre, You and I would have been locked up together. My husband would be telling them Man, she crazy, you should just give her what she want and let her go her way. Because she will find a way to make your life miserable. The first time my husband saw me in action this way, he scratched his head and said where did she come from. (Ha Ha). I am nice and calm 99% of the time, but when life thows a hard fast ball at me, I at bat like Jackie Robinson. Hitting everything that come at me and I usually don't strik out.

The Pres. of Jamaica would be requesting that they send me back to the USA quickly.

Be Bless

You are so right about keeping a copy. Luckly I had my passport # written down in my wallet or it may have taken longer to resolve. The problem was embassy wouldn't issue a new passport without the police statement. That where the drama come from. Dem mek ya crawl like one dog beg fi bone. CHA!

I don't know if I had less problems because I filed my police report in Montego Bay near Coral Gardens. He typed it up on his 1947 typwriter and he called someone from the back who looked it over signed it, stamped it and that was it. Not even 10 minutes. Would have been less but the DAMN ediat miss spell mi name 3 times.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree, Tre, You and I would have been locked up together. My husband would be telling them Man, she crazy, you should just give her what she want and let her go her way. Because she will find a way to make your life miserable. The first time my husband saw me in action this way, he scratched his head and said where did she come from. (Ha Ha). I am nice and calm 99% of the time, but when life thows a hard fast ball at me, I at bat like Jackie Robinson. Hitting everything that come at me and I usually don't strik out.

The Pres. of Jamaica would be requesting that they send me back to the USA quickly.

Be Bless

I know I thought they would lock me up soon the way I was yelling and caring on. Dwayne was like babe you can't be acting like that outside in the street. I was kicking rocks the whole bit. I really lost my mind :blush:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.