Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know if i need to send NVC the 2 copies of the police certificate or should I keep one and send another photo copy of it also? I got 2 form hubby and they both have his passport photo stapled to them so now I am not sure if I am supposed to send them both or just send one?

Morning Marlita.....

We sent in both original copies with passport photos attached just like he got them back.....However, I made me a copy of everything I sent them.......Girl at window during interview process tried to make us produce the 2nd copy while it was in the folder in front of her......

Peace & Love

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!! All the baby steps we have been taking........yesterday afternoon, we made one giant leap! To celebrate, I went and go most of my hair chopped off. New start all the way around.

I don't think I've felt this happy in a few years. God, it feels good!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!! All the baby steps we have been taking........yesterday afternoon, we made one giant leap! To celebrate, I went and go most of my hair chopped off. New start all the way around.

:wow: You Go Girl!!!!!

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance: THAT'S WONDERFUL K.!!!! I know you guys have being fighting an up hill battle for a few years...but sounds like you have finally reached the mountain top!!!!! :dance:

Have a joyful & blessed day Chica...you've earned it!

Gill

P.S.- PLEASE POST PICTURES OF THE NEW DOO!!!! :D

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good for you JG!! :thumbs: I did the same thing last year with my hair after I lost my grandfather. Bought a ticket to JA at the same time!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline
so i open my big mouth to say i am worried about Kaila sleeping all the time...only for her to want to play alllllllll night.... :wacko: oh well at least i got some awake time with her....off to bed i go....

:rofl:

Last night we moved Jaylyn to our room for the first time. We put her in the travel bed. We said she was never going to sleep in our room but we wanted some sleep.

Get some rest girl.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT NAME!!!! :thumbs:

I love that name too GILL -- My cousins have twins Jaylyn and Raylyn.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

OH YES JG! I know the feeling. I did the same thing back in Janaury (with my hair). My EX is doing his best to steal my thunder and glory, but no more. I'm in the driver seat with God as my passenger. My grandmother always say YOU HAVE TO LET GOD DRIVE SOMETIMES.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's great.

Things are great for us as well. We both received raises at work yesterday. Damien is rollin....so proud of him. We're looking forward to moving into "our" place this summer...it feels good to be equal partners.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's great.

Things are great for us as well. We both received raises at work yesterday. Damien is rollin....so proud of him. We're looking forward to moving into "our" place this summer...it feels good to be equal partners.

That's WONDERFUL!!!! So happy...that there is calm after what is the 129F, Interview and AOS storm!!! I seriously can't wait to be THERE!!!

Many blessings to you both,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

GILLLLLLLL link me in PM when you get a chance.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, I talked to my manager today - I spent 2 hours venting, lol! Overall, I feel better about it because I know she has my back - She wants me to Bcc her on all the emails, etc... so that she has a paper trail to go to the managing attorney with - And she also told me (which she swore to deny) that when we spin off one of our business units, my problem attorney is on the chopping block - Since that's coming in the near future, I feel a little better about things.

Good for you Sus. I was going to mention speaking to the managing attorney but wasn't sure if the managing attorney was the one supporting the lazy attorney. If you have other options, I say go for it but as I'm sure you know, don't leave before securing another position.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Timeline

By the way, mornin' everyone.

So I know its too soon to start getting impatient about my petition ... only been sitting at VSC for a little over a month... but been wondering have any of you been approved without any touches, like you just got an email saying you were approved? just curious....

.png

By the way, mornin' everyone.

So I know its too soon to start getting impatient about my petition ... only been sitting at VSC for a little over a month... but been wondering have any of you been approved without any touches, like you just got an email saying you were approved? just curious....

Mommy I was in the same boat. Your time will be here soon. I was touched once. Then touched again the same day I got the approval. I was about to pull out all my hair and the few EYELASHES I had left. The ladies on here will tell you I was about to lose my mind as it's hard to watch other who applied 2 months after you get approved in 40 days or less. Just keep the FAITH. We will keep you on track. Plus I know you're busy with the beautiful baby that's on the way. How is your pregnancy going anyway?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Lawny, this process definitely takes a toll on people, especially me I am just naturally impatient, always been. It seems like some people fly by.. I guess its pure luck. But you're right, the pregnancy is keeping me busy. My morning sickness is finally subsiding and I've even starting showing a bit. In a few weeks I get to find out the baby's gender (hopefully!). Thanks for asking.

.png

Timeline

:ot: Hello everyone! I’m back from a wonderful visit with Dwayne. We had a blast just being together. Anyway, I must share what happened as I prepared to leave Sunday. It's pretty long but I figured someone could relate or benefit from my lessons learned.

I get to the Kingston airport and they ask for my passport. No problem I think and reach in my bag. OH LORD no passport!! I get out of line and rip open suitcase and no passport!! I had to call Dwayne to come back to get me. We go back to the house and search and search no passport!! I’m crying at this point because I’m supposed to be back at work next day. Dwayne family was all talking in loud patois about it being stolen and how people will take your picture out and sale it on black market. They fuss and fuss at me about not keeping up with it (Like I didn’t fuss enough at myself). :crying: So I call the embassy and they were closed. My sister (Jawi876) looks up process for getting a temp passport and this is when the worse stress of my life begins. She tells me I will need a police report. So off we go to local police station in the area to report it. They look at me as if I have 4 heads and say, “You lost your passport or it stolen?” I say I have no idea it was not in my purse when I went to airport. They write something in a huge book about what I said and tell me I must go to Spanish town tomorrow to collect a form before they can do the report. I say, “You have to be kidding me!! Why can’t you just give me the report?” They tell me it doesn’t work that way and I say, “it sounds like you are giving me procedure for Jamaicans who lose their passport not Americans. This is what Dwayne had to do because his passport from birth was wet up and he needed to file a lost/damaged form. This is what took so long for him to order a new one. We basically ran around from town to town building to building 5 days of my trip). The police scratch their heads and say no “We THINK you need to go to Spanish town.” So next morning we are off to Spanish town and when we get there they again do the 4 head look at me and say, “You lost your passport or it stolen?” OH Lord Gawd!! They say stand outside. I wait outside and then they call me back and give me the same form Dwayne had to fill out and say you will need to take this back to police station where you reported it lost and they will stamp it and then bring it back here. I said, #######!!” Dwayne grabs my hand and pulls me out because I’m crying now and acting like a crazed lunatic ready to windmill on some dummies heads. :angry: So they agree I don’t need to bring it back to them but I do need to go back to police station for report to be filled out. So we go back to station (4 hrs to get back) and they say, “The person who needs to sign this is in court. You will need to come back tomorrow.” I’m seeing red I’m so mad. So Dwayne makes a call to a cousin who is a policeman to see if he can help and he tells us to leave the form and come back tonight and he will have it filled out. We get back that night and the form is not done. They say he has been in court. The officers at desk do the 4 head move again and say, “Ma’am we have to investigate this passport issue and it can take 3 weeks or more before we give you these forms and a report.” I freak out and start yelling again that it is absurd, so they send me to see the Chief. He sits behind his desk looking aggravated that I disturbed him from reading the paper and does the 4 head thing at me again. Then he says it may not take 3 weeks but this doesn’t happen in one day. It may take us 1-2 weeks to complete this investigation. He says, “You see ma’am police are suspicious by nature and we need to find exactly what happened to your passport. It can’t just be gone because you come in here and say it’s missing.” I tell him it is gone and he presses for more details of when I last saw it in my purse. He then says again, “Yes this will take time to investigate.” I say, “What exactly are you investigating and can I help you complete the investigation tonight?!! I need to get to embassy tomorrow with a police report.” He says, “Ma’am you see this looks suspicious so we have to find out if you sold it for money and thought you could come in here to get a police report for a new one.” :angry: I say, “I can’t believe you are accusing me of something like that and then say, “Why on earth would I sell my passport when my plane was scheduled to leave?” He says, “That’s what we need to get to the bottom of.” Anyway, we argue back and forth and Dwayne is trying to tell him I must get back to my job or risk being fired. He chuckles and says, Ma’am you were given a passport and you failed to keep it safe. You must deal with the consequence of that and your job is not our concern.” Over an hour I argue my case that I’m willing to assist in investigation but I’m not leaving the station without a police report. Finally Dwayne calls cousin and he comes to the rescue and asks the Chief if he can do the report and he tells him ok. We do the report which was nothing but my statement on notebook paper. The next morning we head to embassy and I pay the $100.00 to get the temp passport. So lessons learned 1. Get a purse with a zipper. 2 Never leave passport in houses (lock it up somewhere safe). 3. Never lose passport again :thumbs:

On my way to airport yesterday, Dwayne’s brother called and says excitedly, “Me find de passport pon de floor in de car!” It fell out into his car and we didn’t see it in the search!! LAWD GAWD

Dwayne received a letter that our interview is scheduled for 6/24/08 at 7:30 am. Yippie.

I'm praying for those of you still waiting on details on your status.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.