Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Just need to vent for a second - I have HAD it with my job!!!!! I work with two attorneys out of my group - one of which is supposed to do most of the work, and the other one oversees and handles large litigations. The one that I work with the most does NOTHING - I do everything, and she takes the credit for it! It's to the point that I have to draft the emails she is supposed to send out because she doesn't know anything. As a paralegal, part of my job is to do a lot of the work, and I realize that - However, this attorney is shady and has placed the blame on me for her screw up, which she always somehow finds when I am out of the office - even the week I was out because my Dad passed away! The overseeing attorney protects her and ignores what she doesn't do for some unknown reason.

The clincher on it was yesterday I was searching for a document that I did to reuse as a template, and couldn't find it by searching me as the author - So I did a key word search and found it - With her listed as the author, and me as the typist! So, I searched more stuff, and found that she has changed the index on EVERY document I have written to list herself as the author! I am ready to flip! I have a meeting with my manager at 2 today, so wish me luck, because I am ready to blow!

Sus;

I'm sorry babes that you're going through this, but I too HAVE BEEN THERE :angry: Nothing HURTS me mor ethan a person taking CREDIT for work that I've worked so HARD ON. It burns me to the core. It is a messed up feeling. I would say have you tried confronting her about this, that may not too much good. In my situation, I confronted my office manager and some of the other executive assistants I worked with. Things were okay for a few weeks then it would go into the same pattern again. I would create AWESOME! The BOMB powerpoint presentiations and they would take the credit for it. Well, one day we had a very large meeting and everything that could go wrong with powerpoint did and who do you think they TRIED in vain to put the blame on. I was like heck no, I'm not the creator of that document. Girl, sometimes you have to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. I was at the point of doing some serious beat downs, because some of my presentation were being used at large board meetings in medical associations across the world and was getting mad compliments and I was not getting the credit. While they were getting perks and gifts from doctors and medical professional all over the world I was being left out. Now, tell me, IS THAT FRIGGIN FAIR? I wish you look with the manager this after noon. Just be firm and tell the manager that it's not right and NOT PROFESSIONAL.

And don't get my started on ATTORNEYS with their non-spelling, non-writing, can't write a damn sentence - ARGgggggggggg :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just need to vent for a second - I have HAD it with my job!!!!! I work with two attorneys out of my group - one of which is supposed to do most of the work, and the other one oversees and handles large litigations. The one that I work with the most does NOTHING - I do everything, and she takes the credit for it! It's to the point that I have to draft the emails she is supposed to send out because she doesn't know anything. As a paralegal, part of my job is to do a lot of the work, and I realize that - However, this attorney is shady and has placed the blame on me for her screw up, which she always somehow finds when I am out of the office - even the week I was out because my Dad passed away! The overseeing attorney protects her and ignores what she doesn't do for some unknown reason.

The clincher on it was yesterday I was searching for a document that I did to reuse as a template, and couldn't find it by searching me as the author - So I did a key word search and found it - With her listed as the author, and me as the typist! So, I searched more stuff, and found that she has changed the index on EVERY document I have written to list herself as the author! I am ready to flip! I have a meeting with my manager at 2 today, so wish me luck, because I am ready to blow!

Sus;

I'm sorry babes that you're going through this, but I too HAVE BEEN THERE :angry: Nothing HURTS me mor ethan a person taking CREDIT for work that I've worked so HARD ON. It burns me to the core. It is a messed up feeling. I would say have you tried confronting her about this, that may not too much good. In my situation, I confronted my office manager and some of the other executive assistants I worked with. Things were okay for a few weeks then it would go into the same pattern again. I would create AWESOME! The BOMB powerpoint presentiations and they would take the credit for it. Well, one day we had a very large meeting and everything that could go wrong with powerpoint did and who do you think they TRIED in vain to put the blame on. I was like heck no, I'm not the creator of that document. Girl, sometimes you have to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. I was at the point of doing some serious beat downs, because some of my presentation were being used at large board meetings in medical associations across the world and was getting mad compliments and I was not getting the credit. While they were getting perks and gifts from doctors and medical professional all over the world I was being left out. Now, tell me, IS THAT FRIGGIN FAIR? I wish you look with the manager this after noon. Just be firm and tell the manager that it's not right and NOT PROFESSIONAL.

And don't get my started on ATTORNEYS with their non-spelling, non-writing, can't write a damn sentence - ARGgggggggggg :angry:

Lawny, I take a little offense to this.. not all of us are like that. I know as a young attorney, I do all if not most of my own work and I know plenty of other lawyers who do the same. I believe the problem stems mostly from older attorneys who are used to letting paralegals do most of the work especially at smaller law firms. This people give attorneys a bad reputation (well I guess we already have a bad reputation :( ) As far as taking the credit for the work, unfortunately there is this hierchy in law firms that makes attorneys think they can get away with that stuff.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Sus;

Lawny, I take a little offense to this.. not all of us are like that. I know as a young attorney, I do all if not most of my own work and I know plenty of other lawyers who do the same. I believe the problem stems mostly from older attorneys who are used to letting paralegals do most of the work especially at smaller law firms. This people give attorneys a bad reputation (well I guess we already have a bad reputation :( ) As far as taking the credit for the work, unfortunately there is this hierchy in law firms that makes attorneys think they can get away with that stuff.

MOMMY please don't be offended. I'm just speaking of my experiences. I've worked with attorneys since I was 17 years old and SAD to say many of my experiences have no been well at all. Not all of attorneys are they same. I worked at firms with 100 plus attorney and firms with only 2, so I've been in the mix. I still work with them as a 2nd job because money is easily made as a seasoned transcriptionist, but I still have a lot of problems with younger attorney's who don't want to be CORRECTED at all. The older attorney's don't bother me, matter a fact they don't mind learning a few new things.

I remember that you're a younger and like I said, by no means PLEASE do not be offended. Although I'm not in the legal field full time anymore, I do work with some of the guys at my job who are now attorney now after being in the IT field for years and they always ask me for advice on how to treat their legal secretaries and all I say is RESPECT THEM.

Truth be TOLD...I've never had issues with female attorneys it's always the MEN! So, no worries babes, good thing with you is you don't mind doing most if not all of your work. :yes:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mommy - having worked in large firms, small firms, and corporations - I would almost say that as a young attorney you are in the same position as a paralegal - Everyone else will try to take credit for your work. I have worked with some GREAT attorneys who gave me full credit for what I did - Others, not so much.

However, my problem with this individual isn't due to her being an attorney - She's LAZY and spoiled. Last week, I sat on a call with her with a plaintiff who had sued us - we were trying to settle. She was typing and editing her camp fundraiser flyer - paying NO attention to the call at all - Totally unprofessional! I just hit the wall with the document issue - I have been building quite a file for a while now to prove my point - for years, I have stood behind her and dictated emails that she had to send out - Now I have been drafting them and emailing it to her, so that I have the proof that it's my work.

We had this "One Forum" yesterday that was the CEO giving a Rah-Rah speech about making managers accountable for their employees satisfaction, etc... so today, we'll see if my manager steps up!

I am at a point where I am ready to just walk, new job or not -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Mommy - having worked in large firms, small firms, and corporations - I would almost say that as a young attorney you are in the same position as a paralegal - Everyone else will try to take credit for your work. I have worked with some GREAT attorneys who gave me full credit for what I did - Others, not so much.

However, my problem with this individual isn't due to her being an attorney - She's LAZY and spoiled. Last week, I sat on a call with her with a plaintiff who had sued us - we were trying to settle. She was typing and editing her camp fundraiser flyer - paying NO attention to the call at all - Totally unprofessional! I just hit the wall with the document issue - I have been building quite a file for a while now to prove my point - for years, I have stood behind her and dictated emails that she had to send out - Now I have been drafting them and emailing it to her, so that I have the proof that it's my work.

We had this "One Forum" yesterday that was the CEO giving a Rah-Rah speech about making managers accountable for their employees satisfaction, etc... so today, we'll see if my manager steps up!

Sus;

Don't do it! Please don't let anyone steal your bread and butter my girl. I know how you feel.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning Yardies. How is everyone this fine April morning? Hope all is well with you all today. The sun is shining here in NC but it is a cold 39 degrees. Enjoy the rest of your day.

True Jamaican

OMGoodness, Clariey thank you so much for this...it was a dyam good chuckle this mawning.

My family keeps emailing me and telling me which # so and so is! :lol: All I can say is my father has #27 all over him! And Ken is 1-28! :no:

Thanks again for the share.

Mawning Family!

Have a blessed day,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Mawin Gill,

Talking about gas prices. I found a receipt from 2002 when I was in for the weekend and I filled up in Phili I paid .97 CENTS! a gallon...I wanted to faint. That was just 2002. Mi no care wah no badi seh a dis damn bc war

Gurl, that's what is hurting us so bad right now...honestly...I think I would have preferred a gradual rise over the last 20 years...to this...ALL OF A SUDDEN!!! I mean from $.97 per gallon in 2002...to $3.87 now...in just SIX YEARS!!!!! That is HUGE!!!!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Sus-ie,

Gurl...that is totally JACKED-THE -HELL-UP!!! I think you are taking the right approach and going to what I hope is HER manager! Make sure you express how dedicated you have been to the firm and how uncomfortable it makes you to think that you will always have to be looking over your shoulder! You're good at what you do Sus-ie...I can tell and they don't want to lose you!!

Do you have any proof maybe on your home or personal PC/laptop that you ARE the creator? After the meeting with head dude ...maybe suggest another meeting with Head dude, Grimy Chick and you...so you can hash out this matter once and for all! If she continues with the fraud start asking her why she put certain words and phrases together!

Also, let them know that this here..is your STRAW...AND IT'S BREAKING YOUR BLOODCLAAT BACK! I think it's much eaiser to resolve this from their POV then to go out and hire a new PL!!

Good luck Chica...and MOST importantly...KEEP YOUR COOL!!!

Let us know!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

so i open my big mouth to say i am worried about Kaila sleeping all the time...only for her to want to play alllllllll night.... :wacko: oh well at least i got some awake time with her....off to bed i go....

So, NANNY want to be my SURROGATE? :no:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus;

Don't do it! Please don't let anyone steal your bread and butter my girl. I know how you feel.

Lawny - I know I could walk into another paralegal position tomorrow without batting an eye - Plus, I moved in with my parents to help when my Dad got sick, and my mother is finally on her feet financially - so I am in the unique position right now of having no bills but my phone and trips to JA - I have had so many job offers, but I am at a point that if I move I want to move UP not lateral - If I have to move lateral, I will -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Sus;

Lawny - I know I could walk into another paralegal position tomorrow without batting an eye - Plus, I moved in with my parents to help when my Dad got sick, and my mother is finally on her feet financially - so I am in the unique position right now of having no bills but my phone and trips to JA - I have had so many job offers, but I am at a point that if I move I want to move UP not lateral - If I have to move lateral, I will -

I got you girl. You know what's best for you. Don't let nobody tear you down. NOBODY!

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for ur reply english...i don't think I mentioned that she (the harassed) said she didn't save the note....but mi ago argue the point of giving him a written warning

Afternoon all !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Thanks for ur reply english...i don't think I mentioned that she (the harassed) said she didn't save the note....but mi ago argue the point of giving him a written warning

Afternoon all !!

Kimmy --

Thank God you're gaining weight. I'm so happy.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:ot:

Well, here the airlines go once again... UNbelievable !!!

US Airways raised its fees for ticket changes by $50 (they’re now $150 for domestic fares and $250 for international fares), effective immediately. Elite frequent flyers won’t pay the fee if they’re simply changing dates and times of travel, but the fees will apply if the changes involve different itineraries.

I'm sure that all the airlines will follow suit !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.