13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
J.,

There's: jski37, gatorlink, Donnajay, jerrybutler, jamrock, edmond59.

I'm sorry J. those are all I could find that made a recent appearance. I can only imagine how frustrating it is being the only male on thi thread!

Good luck,

Gill

Gill;

Jerrybutler is Mike. I signed him up on VJ :whistle: Kishmar's is the Ja receipient and her hubby lives in NYC. There is another person who recently moved to Florida from Ja Male filing for female, but I can't remember her screen name right now.

Found it KingstonJamaica. Her hubby

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Gill, don't get me started. It is so frigged up. It's bad enough he sold his bike to buy me this ring, which I appreciate, but I was upset about (money could have been spent doing something else). Now, he has to sell the other one to cover the expenses at the hospital. Girl is just so much going on mi feel like mi ago mad fi real. Mi just a try hang in there.

Oh I forgot to tell ya'll, the embassy e-mailed me last week with a May interview date the 2nd week, but I said thanks, thanks very much for the consideration, but it would have been too soon, besides I'm still taking care of my sister. Mi just wah June 24th fi come and go.

Gurl, I know how yuh feel! March 11, 2008... will go down in infamy for me! Hush Sweets...it soon come! Nice of the Embassy to ask though!

But mi still not done wid them yet...Ken wants me to go back when he takes KJ for his 'interview'...don't know what they are going to ask a 3 year old!

Ken is starting to miss him somthing 'AWFUL'! :( I told Ken I am so pissed with his brother right now! I mean WTH does it take to go down to the RGD (RDG...whatever) and pick up the boys blinking birth certificate? I told him yuh see all this...when Kevin asks why we not filing for him..." It would have been perfect..We couldda pick hit up from you when we went to DC last week!

Look, I'm sorry...am I wrong to look at all of this as a test? I'll be dyamed if we are going to put our $$ & time on the line and bring up someone that can't DO WHAT HE SAYS HE IS GONNA DO!!

So now KJ's Mother had to go pick up the Birth certificate... :whistle: ...I asked Ken if she has started filling out the passport docs yet. She told him ...She doesn't have the time! I'm sorry...the chick doesn't have a job! As difficult as it would be...if I were in her position...getting KJ up here would be my job! Yuh see mi?

Gill

Gill, if brother gets his act together and gets the BC, I could pick it up when I'm there mid-May. I'm flying from JFK so I could hook up with you before my drive back to the bush.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I just got back from walking over to the hospital with my mom. My Aunt died about 10 a.m. today. I'm so glad it's over for here. She struggled with this for so long and in great pain. My dad is a mess. She's his little sister. Added to the fact that we lost my grandmother, who lived with my mom and dad, just one year ago this Thursday......well, you can imagine how torn up he is right now. I feel so bad for him.

Sorry for your loss JG. (L)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I just got back from walking over to the hospital with my mom. My Aunt died about 10 a.m. today. I'm so glad it's over for here. She struggled with this for so long and in great pain. My dad is a mess. She's his little sister. Added to the fact that we lost my grandmother, who lived with my mom and dad, just one year ago this Thursday......well, you can imagine how torn up he is right now. I feel so bad for him.

My condolences to you and your family in your time of grief :crying:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Sorry for your loss, JG - It's hard when it's so close - I lost my Gram and my Dad within a year of each other. The only thing that got me through was knowing that they weren't suffering anymore - but even that takes time.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill, don't get me started. It is so frigged up. It's bad enough he sold his bike to buy me this ring, which I appreciate, but I was upset about (money could have been spent doing something else). Now, he has to sell the other one to cover the expenses at the hospital. Girl is just so much going on mi feel like mi ago mad fi real. Mi just a try hang in there.

Oh I forgot to tell ya'll, the embassy e-mailed me last week with a May interview date the 2nd week, but I said thanks, thanks very much for the consideration, but it would have been too soon, besides I'm still taking care of my sister. Mi just wah June 24th fi come and go.

Gurl, I know how yuh feel! March 11, 2008... will go down in infamy for me! Hush Sweets...it soon come! Nice of the Embassy to ask though!

But mi still not done wid them yet...Ken wants me to go back when he takes KJ for his 'interview'...don't know what they are going to ask a 3 year old!

Ken is starting to miss him somthing 'AWFUL'! :( I told Ken I am so pissed with his brother right now! I mean WTH does it take to go down to the RGD (RDG...whatever) and pick up the boys blinking birth certificate? I told him yuh see all this...when Kevin asks why we not filing for him..." It would have been perfect..We couldda pick hit up from you when we went to DC last week!

Look, I'm sorry...am I wrong to look at all of this as a test? I'll be dyamed if we are going to put our $$ & time on the line and bring up someone that can't DO WHAT HE SAYS HE IS GONNA DO!!

So now KJ's Mother had to go pick up the Birth certificate... :whistle: ...I asked Ken if she has started filling out the passport docs yet. She told him ...She doesn't have the time! I'm sorry...the chick doesn't have a job! As difficult as it would be...if I were in her position...getting KJ up here would be my job! Yuh see mi?

Gill

Gill, if brother gets his act together and gets the BC, I could pick it up when I'm there mid-May. I'm flying from JFK so I could hook up with you before my drive back to the bush.

Ok thanks Isles...where r u going in JA.?

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

hey Gill - they have an online application - have you tried that and having it sent to you here?

http://apps.rgd.gov.jm/web/Birth/lay_birthApplication.cfm

I will be down there in the end of May and could get it for you too -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK, have resized the pic for you, just quote my post and copy the image code starting with [ img ] 20b0k9e.jpg

Thanks Ja English :thumbs:

I haven't slept a lot lately. We just got the breast pump today. I could only find medela pump hope it works. Dwain is having 8 of his friends over tonight for jerk, fesival, rice and beans, and maybe plantain he is driving around liker crazy and can't find any after 4 grocery stores. He is checking one more hopefully they have some.

JaEnglish do you have to heat the milk on the stove?

:dance::dance::dance: Andrew just got a call from Airpak......VISA will be delivered TODAY!!!!

Congrats Tonya :dance::dance: I know I am late but goodluck. Did you buy his ticket yet?

congrats :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Jax--your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations again! I tell you, all these baby pics are making me wanna have one :yes::yes: How about this---since I can't have one til the hubby gets here (which is gonna be awhile)...y doesn't someone up here have a VJ baby and then those of us who don't have one yet can keep him/her until we're able to have one of our own!! :lol::lol: So, any volunteers!!!??

Thanks again :luv:

:rofl:

you want her tonight. The poor thing has the runs and is nursing like a pig. I wonder what I ate to make her sick. Thank goodness my mom is coming tomorrow to help me out why hubby goes to school. I need sleep like mad.

Ummm...that's ok...not when she's got yucky stuff coming from every place but the right place!! :lol::lol: I guess I should've told you that MY stipulation is that they gotta be healthy at the time of transference..now what happens after I get 'em, I'll deal with accordingly! lol You know, hearing stories like this makes me have 2nd and 3rd thoughts about becoming a mommy!! :no::no: But I hope our pumpkin feels better!

i found out that I should not eat tomatoes. ugh....

We have to drive 2 1/2 hours for hard dough bread. yum. at 4 dollars a loaf its a great treat. No plantans :( they are all green. I cant eat the jerk know because spicy food will give her the runs.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Agreed ...between Juicy Patty in Jamaica and Golden Crust here...I prefer GC for vege patties. I got one in Jamaica and before I could even move the patty to my lips Ken grabbed it and threw it out the car window! :angry: (good thing I had two lobster patties on deck for my belly :lol:) He said..."Nuh suh dat sittin never smell right to me!" :lol: I took him to GC for their veg patties and he LOVES them now!

I love Golden Krust - But the best patties I have EVER had were from Miss Sonia in Negril - Her krust is almost like a hard version of coco bread, and they are so so big, one is a meal!

All of this talk of patties is making me hungry...and SAD cuz I can't get any!! :crying::crying: I love patties...especially the lobster patties...OMG...I would've slapped my husband across his head if he would've thrown my pattie out the window!! That's grounds for divorce!! Yuh nuh mess wid mi pattie-RASS! :ranting::bonk: I could sure go for some calaloo and saltfish right now though...and some bammy

yum we have some in the freezer but we eat one like every 2 weeks cause their pricey at 10 bucks a box. :whistle:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
OK, have resized the pic for you, just quote my post and copy the image code starting with [ img ] 20b0k9e.jpg

I haven't slept a lot lately. We just got the breast pump today. I could only find medela pump hope it works. Dwain is having 8 of his friends over tonight for jerk, fesival, rice and beans, and maybe plantain he is driving around liker crazy and can't find any after 4 grocery stores. He is checking one more hopefully they have some.

i have the medela pump i was going to use....a friend who used it said it was great!! so i am sure it will be good for you!!

if you got the milk storage bags you can heat in hot water....not the microwave....i got a little container that i put hot water in and then sit the bottle in it for 5-10 mins to take the chill off of it....what kind of bottles are you using???

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Breastmi...652&sr=1-79

You can heat it three ways....in a cup of boiling or hot water (or under the faucet), microwave it (make SURE you SHAKE it up HARD to ensure there are no hot 'pockets' that will burn her mouth, or as you said in a pot on the stove. You can also buy a bottle warmer and use that....

I used the medela pump in hospital, not as good for me as the Advent, but it may be fine!!!

If you can, pump near the baby, it sounds silly, but the milk comes faster if you're looking at the baby while pumping....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

i have the medela pump i was going to use....a friend who used it said it was great!! so i am sure it will be good for you!!

if you got the milk storage bags you can heat in hot water....not the microwave....i got a little container that i put hot water in and then sit the bottle in it for 5-10 mins to take the chill off of it....what kind of bottles are you using???

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Breastmi...652&sr=1-79

heyyyyyy Nanny!! Nice to see you posting!!

How's the little princess doing????

Can I also recommend cabbage leaves in your bra if your breasts get swollen when your milk comes in...really eases the pain!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

JG..I'm sorry to hear about uur loss..i know it's tough but i too prefer to have them go than be alive and in horrible conditions. Then the quality of life is gone..then what...I hope ur dad just takes it one day at a time...there are no words but i truly pray for a quick bounce back from him. I lost my dear uncle 10 yrs now and i can't even think about him w/o crying..(see cry: ) can't even go to his grave site...(Love you Uncle Gary). BUt back to you JG..prayers to ur family !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.