Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know the email address for the Embassy in Kingston? I want to contact them to inquire if they are wheelchair accessible. I am planning ahead just in case my broken ankle is not totally healed by then.

Has anyone's SO doing the IR/CR process, ever attended the interview by themselves and has a good outcome? I want so much to be there and I am hoping and praying I can attend.

Thanks

Forbes how you doing? I was thinking about you when I was in Kingston. Girl, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle I hope it heals soon. I'm praying that you'll heal soon.

Oh Lawney........You will be getting more excited......As the time draws near.......Your heat will start rising....... :innocent: .......and hopefully you will be feeling great!.........Dead End Beach will be waiting on you once again....... :whistle:

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Thanks Tonya...funny thing is we didn't even make it to the beach. Girl I was in HEAT like crazy and didn't even get none on this trip. :lol: (told me I can't get none until I get better) :angry: I was very sick when I got to Jamaica. His friend took me directly to a party they were having then I had to leave shortly after that because my grandmother had a stroke the same day I got there. Girl it has been a roller coaster and now it's worse. Marcel mother had a stroke Sunday evening and he's in tears. He's mom's heart and it's really hard on him. He's the middle child and she has all boys and she will need full time care. The nurses were teaching him and his mothers how to bath his mother and his other brothers ran out of the room.

Girl, it's always something, but I'm praying. Good news is my sister and the baby is getting better and the baby is growing. My sis water broke at 5 months and they're trying to keep the baby in until week 23 to deliver him.

Girl.....I am so sorry to hear about Marcel's mother and your grandmother......Great news about sis and baby though........I will keep all of you in my prayers.......Hang in there Lawny........Hugs to you and Marcel....... (L)

Tonya

Thank Tonya. I know God will only give us what we can bear.

Hang tight Lanwy...better MUST come...and it will!! You and Marcel are in my prayers. What you said about Marcel's brothers has been Missa Young's reason for why he needs to give me a 'daughter'! Hmmmmm...NOT BUYING IT!!! ;):D

Hang in there Chica...this too shall pass!

Love ya ,

Gill

Can he guarntee you a GIRL??!! I think it is all in how you raise them. Your boys can take of you just the same as a daughter with the right teaching. And your such a loving soul how can they not learn to be that way??!!! Tell Missa Young just keep practicing - lol. :thumbs:

Thanks Island. They're good boys, it's just hard for them I guess to have to imagine giving their mom a bath or seeing her naked. Marcel said it was very difficult. His brothers just can't deal with it so they ran out the room. The stroke was pretty bad she can't move her left side and she's YOUNG. I don't think she's even in her late 40s yet.

Andre cared for his sister with sickle cell and his sister with AIDS till the very end. Boys can do everything girls can do in caring for someone else.

No wonder you fell in love with him, JG. :blush:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just curious?

Are there any other American men that have married or going to marry a Jamaican? Or is everyone on here an American woman marrying a Jamaican man?

There were 3 that I remember...........Eric and for the life of me I can't remember the other 2 names right now.

My JA SIL married a guy from NY about 5 years ago.

There was one ...not too long ago ...from NY! What was his name again? I want to say she came up in August -September 2007

Gill

There was Eric Drewry - And Trinilad - There is an incredible love story here about an American man who married his JA love, they've been married for 19 years

http://www.negril.com/discus/messages/103/...html?1209264286

That was a great story...I think it is so great how God brings us to the ones we love. I know it only had to be God who brought Marla into my life,

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Just curious?

Are there any other American men that have married or going to marry a Jamaican? Or is everyone on here an American woman marrying a Jamaican man?

They've all disappeared once they got their intended abroad, thankless I tell you!

There was Eric, Trinilad and another guy whose name I don't recall...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Timeline
Just curious?

There were 3 that I remember...........Eric and for the life of me I can't remember the other 2 names right now.

There was one ...not too long ago ...from NY! What was his name again? I want to say she came up in August -September 2007

Gill

There was Eric Drewry - And Trinilad - There is an incredible love story here about an American man who married his JA love, they've been married for 19 years

That was a great story...I think it is so great how God brings us to the ones we love. I know it only had to be God who brought Marla into my life,

JASON! If I was near you I would give you a GREAT BIG HUG! You're wonderful MAN! I wish you all the best in life. I don't know you, but from the things you've typed I know you are.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just curious?

Gill

JASON! If I was near you I would give you a GREAT BIG HUG! You're wonderful MAN! I wish you all the best in life. I don't know you, but from the things you've typed I know you are.

Thank you for the kind words and i need a hug....tomorrow is my b-day and no Marla to be with me. But hopefully in 10 days she will be here.

And I owe the credit to Marla, she makes me a wonderful man. My life is so happy with her in it.

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Timeline
Just curious?

Gill

Thank you for the kind words and i need a hug....tomorrow is my b-day and no Marla to be with me. But hopefully in 10 days she will be here.

And I owe the credit to Marla, she makes me a wonderful man. My life is so happy with her in it.

Oh, Jason, you are making me cry! It is so nice to see a man who admits that the woman makes him what he is :whistle: LOL, just kidding - I echo what Lawny said - you sound like such an incredible man.

And I love the story posted at the link I shared - another great man.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Just curious?

GOT IT...'WayneGeraldine'!

Gill

Yes, that's one I was thinking of. There is one more who came up around that time with a double name like that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning all!

Tonya, Congrats!

Lawny, I am so sorry to hear - JA is supposed to be providing free healthcare, including surgeries and prescriptions:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/29/...-Healthcare.php

Thanks Sus, this must be what JG was talking about. I thought I remember reading that some where. I'll see. Is Mobay hope a private of public hospital (if anyone knows)? Mi naw call deh again...they too damn ediatish pon di phone.

My MIL took the kids to MoBay hope and got free medical care. So, I am going to say yes.

And, yes that is exactly what I was talking about.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

No wonder you fell in love with him, JG. :blush:

That is just some of the things that make him such a beautiful person. He has a good heart.

To hear him tell the stories, I am not sure I would be able to be as strong.

Just curious?

They've all disappeared once they got their intended abroad, thankless I tell you!

There was Eric, Trinilad and another guy whose name I don't recall...

DonnaJay was the other one I was thinking of.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I just got back from walking over to the hospital with my mom. My Aunt died about 10 a.m. today. I'm so glad it's over for here. She struggled with this for so long and in great pain. My dad is a mess. She's his little sister. Added to the fact that we lost my grandmother, who lived with my mom and dad, just one year ago this Thursday......well, you can imagine how torn up he is right now. I feel so bad for him.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just got back from walking over to the hospital with my mom. My Aunt died about 10 a.m. today. I'm so glad it's over for here. She struggled with this for so long and in great pain. My dad is a mess. She's his little sister. Added to the fact that we lost my grandmother, who lived with my mom and dad, just one year ago this Thursday......well, you can imagine how torn up he is right now. I feel so bad for him.

Awwwwwwww, so sorry to hear this (F)

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG,

I am so sorry to hear! I know it's hard for your Dad right now...but try to remind him...she is at peace now...No more pain! That's the only way I could get through when my Mom died!

May the Lord grant you all the strength to carry your heavy hearts during this difficult time! Your family is in my prayers.

Love you (L),

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

So, sorry to hear. May God be with you and your familing during this time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know the email address for the Embassy in Kingston? I want to contact them to inquire if they are wheelchair accessible. I am planning ahead just in case my broken ankle is not totally healed by then.

Has anyone's SO doing the IR/CR process, ever attended the interview by themselves and has a good outcome? I want so much to be there and I am hoping and praying I can attend.

Thanks

Forbes how you doing? I was thinking about you when I was in Kingston. Girl, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle I hope it heals soon. I'm praying that you'll heal soon.

Oh Lawney........You will be getting more excited......As the time draws near.......Your heat will start rising....... :innocent: .......and hopefully you will be feeling great!.........Dead End Beach will be waiting on you once again....... :whistle:

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Thanks Tonya...funny thing is we didn't even make it to the beach. Girl I was in HEAT like crazy and didn't even get none on this trip. :lol: (told me I can't get none until I get better) :angry: I was very sick when I got to Jamaica. His friend took me directly to a party they were having then I had to leave shortly after that because my grandmother had a stroke the same day I got there. Girl it has been a roller coaster and now it's worse. Marcel mother had a stroke Sunday evening and he's in tears. He's mom's heart and it's really hard on him. He's the middle child and she has all boys and she will need full time care. The nurses were teaching him and his mothers how to bath his mother and his other brothers ran out of the room.

Girl, it's always something, but I'm praying. Good news is my sister and the baby is getting better and the baby is growing. My sis water broke at 5 months and they're trying to keep the baby in until week 23 to deliver him.

Hang tough girl, things will get better. :blush: Good news to hear your sister is on the mend.

Trelawny - I was 24 weeks when I had my daughter. She's a true blessing. Good luck to your sister.

Morning all!

Tonya, Congrats!

Lawny, I am so sorry to hear - JA is supposed to be providing free healthcare, including surgeries and prescriptions:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/29/...-Healthcare.php

Thanks Sus, this must be what JG was talking about. I thought I remember reading that some where. I'll see. Is Mobay hope a private of public hospital (if anyone knows)? Mi naw call deh again...they too damn ediatish pon di phone.

My MIL took the kids to MoBay hope and got free medical care. So, I am going to say yes.

And, yes that is exactly what I was talking about.

Thanks JG -- I spoke to someone there not too long ago and they're telling me foolishness, so I"ll wait to see what my aunt has to say. My aunt lives in Mobay and she's a retired ICU nurse. She's visiting with Marcel's mom right now.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.