Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just curious?

Are there any other American men that have married or going to marry a Jamaican? Or is everyone on here an American woman marrying a Jamaican man?

There were 3 that I remember...........Eric and for the life of me I can't remember the other 2 names right now.

My JA SIL married a guy from NY about 5 years ago.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Wow, that's so dyam YOUNG!!! It just shows you the state of JA's health care system! A complete annual physical may have prevented this tragedy! But it's the same here for the underinsured or uninsured! Dyam shame!

Gill

Oh I forgot to tell ya'll, the embassy e-mailed me last week with a May interview date the 2nd week, but I said thanks, thanks very much for the consideration, but it would have been too soon, besides I'm still taking care of my sister. Mi just wah June 24th fi come and go.

Tre....are you sure about that? April 1st had JA giving free medical care everywhere but the UWI hospital.

JG -- I'm not sure. Mobay hope told Marcel he needed to come up with $30,000. That's for test, x-ray and some other things. Then they're going to move her to Salem. Medical care in Jamaica in never really FREE and if it is the care is inadequate.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill, don't get me started. It is so frigged up. It's bad enough he sold his bike to buy me this ring, which I appreciate, but I was upset about (money could have been spent doing something else). Now, he has to sell the other one to cover the expenses at the hospital. Girl is just so much going on mi feel like mi ago mad fi real. Mi just a try hang in there.

Oh I forgot to tell ya'll, the embassy e-mailed me last week with a May interview date the 2nd week, but I said thanks, thanks very much for the consideration, but it would have been too soon, besides I'm still taking care of my sister. Mi just wah June 24th fi come and go.

Gurl, I know how yuh feel! March 11, 2008... will go down in infamy for me! Hush Sweets...it soon come! Nice of the Embassy to ask though!

But mi still not done wid them yet...Ken wants me to go back when he takes KJ for his 'interview'...don't know what they are going to ask a 3 year old!

Ken is starting to miss him somthing 'AWFUL'! :( I told Ken I am so pissed with his brother right now! I mean WTH does it take to go down to the RGD (RDG...whatever) and pick up the boys blinking birth certificate? I told him yuh see all this...when Kevin asks why we not filing for him..." It would have been perfect..We couldda pick hit up from you when we went to DC last week!

Look, I'm sorry...am I wrong to look at all of this as a test? I'll be dyamed if we are going to put our $$ & time on the line and bring up someone that can't DO WHAT HE SAYS HE IS GONNA DO!!

So now KJ's Mother had to go pick up the Birth certificate... :whistle: ...I asked Ken if she has started filling out the passport docs yet. She told him ...She doesn't have the time! I'm sorry...the chick doesn't have a job! As difficult as it would be...if I were in her position...getting KJ up here would be my job! Yuh see mi?

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Morning all!

Tonya, Congrats!

Lawny, I am so sorry to hear - JA is supposed to be providing free healthcare, including surgeries and prescriptions:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/29/...-Healthcare.php

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: Andrew just got a call from Airpak......VISA will be delivered TODAY!!!!

:dance:CONGRATS TONYA & ANDREW!!!! :dance:

"Ain't no stopping us now...we're on a roll!" Woooo-Hooooo!!

So when is he coming up?

Blessings to you both,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Gurl, I know how yuh feel! March 11, 2008... will go down in infamy for me! Hush Sweets...it soon come! Nice of the Embassy to ask though!

But mi still not done wid them yet...Ken wants me to go back when he takes KJ for his 'interview'...don't know what they are going to ask a 3 year old!

Ken is starting to miss him somthing 'AWFUL'! :( I told Ken I am so pissed with his brother right now! I mean WTH does it take to go down to the RGD (RDG...whatever) and pick up the boys blinking birth certificate? I told him yuh see all this...when Kevin asks why we not filing for him..." It would have been perfect..We couldda pick hit up from you when we went to DC last week!

Look, I'm sorry...am I wrong to look at all of this as a test? I'll be dyamed if we are going to put our $$ & time on the line and bring up someone that can't DO WHAT HE SAYS HE IS GONNA DO!!

So now KJ's Mother had to go pick up the Birth certificate... :whistle: ...I asked Ken if she has started filling out the passport docs yet. She told him ...She doesn't have the time! I'm sorry...the chick doesn't have a job! As difficult as it would be...if I were in her position...getting KJ up here would be my job! Yuh see mi?

Gill

Gill, I hear you on that - I can't even imagine what we are going to have to go through if and when we try to bring DJ's son up - DJ's mom has him now, it's too hard with the type of work he does to have him live with him. But, NO ONE knows where his mother is - no one has seen her in over two years!

Timeline
Just curious?

Are there any other American men that have married or going to marry a Jamaican? Or is everyone on here an American woman marrying a Jamaican man?

There were 3 that I remember...........Eric and for the life of me I can't remember the other 2 names right now.

There was one ...not too long ago ...from NY! What was his name again? I want to say she came up in August -September 2007

GOT IT...'WayneGeraldine'!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Gill, don't get me started. It is so frigged up. It's bad enough he sold his bike to buy me this ring, which I appreciate, but I was upset about (money could have been spent doing something else). Now, he has to sell the other one to cover the expenses at the hospital. Girl is just so much going on mi feel like mi ago mad fi real. Mi just a try hang in there.

Gill

Girl, don't be sorry. If I were you, I would be doing the same thing and how his brother going to ask when you ago file fi im and Ken just reach, but see yah! Mi a tell u family no easy. KJ's mom needs to stop with this foolishness. YOUR'RE SUPPOSE TO WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR YOUR CHILD. Marcel brother's have no intentions to come to the states and if they do, dem betah find dem way dem self...mi no ave time ar space fi dat. Chat bout :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: Andrew just got a call from Airpak......VISA will be delivered TODAY!!!!

So when is he coming up?

Blessings to you both,

Gill

Hopefully by the weekend.....that is what I am shooting for........I have several things in store for him..... :devil: .......Hope he is UP TO IT...... :whistle:

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline
Just curious?

There was one ...not too long ago ...from NY! What was his name again? I want to say she came up in August -September 2007

Gill

There was Eric Drewry - And Trinilad - There is an incredible love story here about an American man who married his JA love, they've been married for 19 years

http://www.negril.com/discus/messages/103/...html?1209264286

Morning all!

Tonya, Congrats!

Lawny, I am so sorry to hear - JA is supposed to be providing free healthcare, including surgeries and prescriptions:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/29/...-Healthcare.php

Thanks Sus, this must be what JG was talking about. I thought I remember reading that some where. I'll see. Is Mobay hope a private of public hospital (if anyone knows)? Mi naw call deh again...they too damn ediatish pon di phone.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

So when is he coming up?

Blessings to you both,

Gill

Hopefully by the weekend.....that is what I am shooting for........I have several things in store for him..... :devil: .......Hope he is UP TO IT...... :whistle:

I HEAR DAT!!!!! I'm sorry...but it's been GRRRRRREAT (like Tony the tiger)...getting my 'rooks' ;) (as Jawi wouldda seh) pon a regular basis!!! :lol: :lol: :devil::devil:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Tonya :dance: I anticipate that day myself

Your day will soon come........It seems like it has been a long long time......But stay strong......

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline

J.,

There's: jski37, gatorlink, Donnajay, jerrybutler, jamrock, edmond59.

I'm sorry J. those are all I could find that made a recent appearance. I can only imagine how frustrating it is being the only male on thi thread!

Good luck,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.