Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello my VJ peeps I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm here @ working and they dont' want us on the email, or internet they don't even want us on our cell phones. If we have to be on the cells phones we can't be on the floor but then again i can't leave my desk before Fidel Castro comes looking for us in the bathrooms.

Well i'm still waiting on welcome letter, social security card and green card for my husband should I call to find out what's the hold up?

well let me get back to work.....I be so tired when I get home to get online. First thing when I pick up the kids and my husband they talking about what's for dinner. I'm not used to cooking every single night before my husband came I made sure I fed the kids @ my parents house. Now 9 o'clock @ night i'm just finishing cooking.

I need to find a better way of making my nights more relaxing.

Dimps,

My darling ...I feel your pain! What I did before Ken arrived was do one big cooking on Sunday...make all the meals for the week and freeze them! Then I'd take them out before I left for work and by the time I'd get home it was just warm and serve!

I know it's a lot of work for a Sunday...but trust me ...when everyone is seating down to eat at 6:30pm during the week it's a beautiful thang!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone know the email address for the Embassy in Kingston? I want to contact them to inquire if they are wheelchair accessible. I am planning ahead just in case my broken ankle is not totally healed by then.

Has anyone's SO doing the IR/CR process, ever attended the interview by themselves and has a good outcome? I want so much to be there and I am hoping and praying I can attend.

Thanks

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello my VJ peeps I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm here @ working and they dont' want us on the email, or internet they don't even want us on our cell phones. If we have to be on the cells phones we can't be on the floor but then again i can't leave my desk before Fidel Castro comes looking for us in the bathrooms.

Well i'm still waiting on welcome letter, social security card and green card for my husband should I call to find out what's the hold up?

well let me get back to work.....I be so tired when I get home to get online. First thing when I pick up the kids and my husband they talking about what's for dinner. I'm not used to cooking every single night before my husband came I made sure I fed the kids @ my parents house. Now 9 o'clock @ night i'm just finishing cooking.

I need to find a better way of making my nights more relaxing.

Dimps,

My darling ...I feel your pain! What I did before Ken arrived was do one big cooking on Sunday...make all the meals for the week and freeze them! Then I'd take them out before I left for work and by the time I'd get home it was just warm and serve!

I know it's a lot of work for a Sunday...but trust me ...when everyone is seating down to eat at 6:30pm during the week it's a beautiful thang!

Bless,

Gill

Fi real, having them here, your routine surely changes.

In reference to your concerns on the documents, certainly it will be different based on where you live and POE; we got the SSC within 9 days of hubby's POE. We got the welcome letter after 7 weeks and the greencard and a second welcome letter came the week after. Hopefully you will get something soon. If he hasn't received his SSC within 21 days, then he can go into the Social security office; a rep at the SSA told me that they can then check the list to see if his card is being processed by DHS and if not, they can go ahead and issue his SSC. Hope that helps Dimps and I know despite the change in routine, it's heaven to finally have hubby here :)

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Does anyone know the email address for the Embassy in Kingston? I want to contact them to inquire if they are wheelchair accessible. I am planning ahead just in case my broken ankle is not totally healed by then.

Has anyone's SO doing the IR/CR process, ever attended the interview by themselves and has a good outcome? I want so much to be there and I am hoping and praying I can attend.

Thanks

I would get a doctor's certificate if you're worried. Have heard of both K1'ers and IR's partners NOT attending and still being approved :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks

hey Forbes2006, here's the email address: kingstonivinfo@state.gov

There have been quite a few that have had their SO attend the interview alone and everything has been fine: Dimples, kimmykashi, etc. I am sure he'll be fine if you can't attend.

Get better soon!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Thanks

Hey Forbes,

Try these 2:

consularkingst@state.gov

kingstonivinfo@state.gov

I used the Kingston one...but someone told be their email got returned!

Good luck,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Thanks so much.

While I don't always post, I do read everyday. Yardie thread has gotten me this waiting journey when I thought I would go mad. Just reading what everyone has gone through and made it, really gives me hope.

Thanks again to all.

Wanda

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill......that picture in your avatar is absolutely beautiful!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thanks Girl,

I love this picture of them! They look so happy! I think I feel it for Nicole (Sean's Fiance) the most...because I can SOOOO relate! I just can't imagine your wedding day, which is suppose to be one of the best days of a woman's life... turning into your biggest nightmare in such a horrific way!

I feel my eyes well up every time I think of it!

Bless-ed,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay maybe I'm just sort fused today. But OMG am I sick of waiting on this NOA2. I'm in the process of planning another trip to JA to see my SO but since I did just return March 6, I was going to try and wait and go when he was approved so he wouldn't have to fly alone. The waiting is driving us both crazy. He always tells me "Don't wurry yuself it soon come. Well now i'm telling him the same thing. This is nuts! I've been waiting since November...I received a touch 12/20/07 and nothing else since.. Any other November filers waiting for an NOA2?

tymoore

Timeline
Okay maybe I'm just sort fused today. But OMG am I sick of waiting on this NOA2. I'm in the process of planning another trip to JA to see my SO but since I did just return March 6, I was going to try and wait and go when he was approved so he wouldn't have to fly alone. The waiting is driving us both crazy. He always tells me "Don't wurry yuself it soon come. Well now i'm telling him the same thing. This is nuts! I've been waiting since November...I received a touch 12/20/07 and nothing else since.. Any other November filers waiting for an NOA2?

I hear you TY-TY,

But the good news is except for a handful of October cases...they look to be into November proper! Hang tight it should be coming soon! It drives me crazy that CSC is always so darn far behind VSC...the USCIS really needs to address that matter! I mean a week or 2 ok...but FOUR-FIVE months behind is CRAZY!!!!!

I know how you feel though I too waited AWHILE for the blasted NOA2! Just keep praying and keep doing whatever it is that has kept you sane to this point! Trust me...there were days that I didn't think I was going to see the light at the end of the NOA2 tunnel! I mean it was like if I checked my USCIS webbpage and saw August 11, 2007 as the last worked date ONE MORE TIME...I WAS GONNA SCREAM AND RIP MY HAIR OUT!!!

I know and feel your pain Chica...just HANG-ON and know 'THAT THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!'

You are in my prayers for a speedy NOA2!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

nope. but Im an October one waiting........

let me guess...

VSC??

oh- you're a K1.

sheesh. who knows.

but I feel your pain..trust me!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Oh Gurl... I was just telling JG this mawning everytime we set a date...someone doesn't like it or won't be here!! I am at the point where I just want to say 'f' it let's just go do this dyam thing by ourselves!! But, I can't cause both families would kill us! Mine loves an excuse for a party...so they are looking forward to it! Although it will not be big to-do...we started with 5/23 (18 months to the date that we met)...but that's Memorial Day weekend and everyone has made plans. Then I said 6/1/08 after church with a brunch to follow...Nope...they want Saturday night party...So now I'm thinking bout 6/14/08!

Can't do it in the next 3 weeks cause my 2nd job (1800-flowers) will be on and popping for Mother's Day! Have to do it before 6/18 cause my Dad is going to Florida for a month and our 90 days are up 7/1/08! Trust me...I am so over calling Ken my 'Fiance' ...mi waan fi call em mi husband arready!! It is a special day...but neither one of us are super fussy! We just want a small chapel wedding with some music and food afterwards!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- thanks for asking. :luv:

I hear you on the wedding thing - I haven't said anything to my family yet :whistle: Long story there - My sister keeps telling me that I need to get married because my nephews need to look cute in tuxes - All my life, I always pictured myself getting married in my church - but when I was in her wedding, as I watched her walk down the aisle, all that I could think (18 years ago!) was that this will NEVER be me! In my mind, something small and intimate on the beach works - that or the Pirate ship in Vegas and walking the plank! :rofl: Just something private, then a huge party later on.

DJ wants the full wedding deal - it's one of the issues that we go round and round on - Right now, I just can't see it for myself - My Dad passed away last June, and every time I think about walking down the aisle it makes me cry that he won't be there walking me. So, I think this is one of the issues we will hopefully resolve on my next trip.

Thanks Girl,

I love this picture of them! They look so happy! I think I feel it for Nicole (Sean's Fiance) the most...because I can SOOOO relate! I just can't imagine your wedding day, which is suppose to be one of the best days of a woman's life... turning into your biggest nightmare in such a horrific way!

Bless-ed,

Gill

I agree, Gill - the whole story is heartbreaking. Not to make light of it - But I was dying laughing listening to 97.1 this am - they had people calling in about the protests, and this one caller was going on and on about how it needs to be peaceful and rational, that violence and name calling doesn't help =- The next second, he was wailing on his horn and cursing another driver! Typical NY driver - the DJs lost it laughing -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Oh Gurl... I was just telling JG this mawning everytime we set a date...someone doesn't like it or won't be here!! I am at the point where I just want to say 'f' it let's just go do this dyam thing by ourselves!! But, I can't cause both families would kill us! Mine loves an excuse for a party...so they are looking forward to it! Although it will not be big to-do...we started with 5/23 (18 months to the date that we met)...but that's Memorial Day weekend and everyone has made plans. Then I said 6/1/08 after church with a brunch to follow...Nope...they want Saturday night party...So now I'm thinking bout 6/14/08!

Can't do it in the next 3 weeks cause my 2nd job (1800-flowers) will be on and popping for Mother's Day! Have to do it before 6/18 cause my Dad is going to Florida for a month and our 90 days are up 7/1/08! Trust me...I am so over calling Ken my 'Fiance' ...mi waan fi call em mi husband arready!! It is a special day...but neither one of us are super fussy! We just want a small chapel wedding with some music and food afterwards!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- thanks for asking. :luv:

I hear you on the wedding thing - I haven't said anything to my family yet :whistle: Long story there - My sister keeps telling me that I need to get married because my nephews need to look cute in tuxes - All my life, I always pictured myself getting married in my church - but when I was in her wedding, as I watched her walk down the aisle, all that I could think (18 years ago!) was that this will NEVER be me! In my mind, something small and intimate on the beach works - that or the Pirate ship in Vegas and walking the plank! :rofl: Just something private, then a huge party later on.

DJ wants the full wedding deal - it's one of the issues that we go round and round on - Right now, I just can't see it for myself - My Dad passed away last June, and every time I think about walking down the aisle it makes me cry that he won't be there walking me. So, I think this is one of the issues we will hopefully resolve on my next trip.

Thanks Girl,

Bless-ed,

Gill

I agree, Gill - the whole story is heartbreaking. Not to make light of it - But I was dying laughing listening to 97.1 this am - they had people calling in about the protests, and this one caller was going on and on about how it needs to be peaceful and rational, that violence and name calling doesn't help =- The next second, he was wailing on his horn and cursing another driver! Typical NY driver - the DJs lost it laughing -

Ms. Jones & her crew are crazy! I usually can't deal with her...but yeah I heard that call! :lol: Only in NY! :no:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

I usually can't deal with Ms. Jones either - but I was flipping around - I usually listen to Ed Lover if I have the radio on at all - Usually CDs or the Ipod, which cracks up my security guards - they are all Jamaican or Haitian, and I pull in blaring some raunchy bashment!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.