Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Which hardo bread do you like? When I lived in NYC I loved me some Golden Crust bread and beef patties. Now I have to wait until my family visits me to bring me them :crying:

You can buy online from Golden Krust - They will ship to you

http://www.goldenkrustshop.com/

You're the best Sus - you have a link for EVERYTHING!!! The vege patties are making my mouth water. But I don't see any bread - am I missing it??

Agreed ...between Juicy Patty in Jamaica and Golden Crust here...I prefer GC for vege patties. I got one in Jamaica and before I could even move the patty to my lips Ken grabbed it and threw it out the car window! :angry: (good thing I had two lobster patties on deck for my belly :lol:) He said..."Nuh suh dat sittin never smell right to me!" :lol: I took him to GC for their veg patties and he LOVES them now!

Oh...P.S.- here's the link for the Economic Stimulus checks Calendar...hopefully some of us woke up to a nice likkle gift in our bank accounts this mawning!

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

The BEST vege patty I ever had was at the Bob Marley place up in Nine Mile. Melted in your mouth!!

No suprise in my bank account - mine comes on the 9th which is funding my JA trip on the 15th! :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Which hardo bread do you like? When I lived in NYC I loved me some Golden Crust bread and beef patties. Now I have to wait until my family visits me to bring me them :crying:

You're the best Sus - you have a link for EVERYTHING!!! The vege patties are making my mouth water. But I don't see any bread - am I missing it??

Agreed ...between Juicy Patty in Jamaica and Golden Crust here...I prefer GC for vege patties. I got one in Jamaica and before I could even move the patty to my lips Ken grabbed it and threw it out the car window! :angry: (good thing I had two lobster patties on deck for my belly :lol:) He said..."Nuh suh dat sittin never smell right to me!" :lol: I took him to GC for their veg patties and he LOVES them now!

Oh...P.S.- here's the link for the Economic Stimulus checks Calendar...hopefully some of us woke up to a nice likkle gift in our bank accounts this mawning!

The BEST vege patty I ever had was at the Bob Marley place up in Nine Mile. Melted in your mouth!!

No suprise in my bank account - mine comes on the 9th which is funding my JA trip on the 15th! :thumbs:

Same here...but mine will be funding Ken's AOS...so it goes right back to them!! :lol: :lol:

P.S.- Isles, did you get your KNG # yet? Ok, what I would do if I were you would be to call the 202# ask them if they have a KNG # for you yet! If they do (which they should)...send an email to the KNG Embassy asking them to set-up an appointment for your fiance to drop off his DS-230.

It's a little bit of a shortcut than waiting on JA snail mail to bring his Packet #3!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about PM me and I'll explain!

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Mine will come in right before I leave! :thumbs:

Same here...but mine will be funding Ken's AOS...so it goes right back to them!! :lol: :lol:

Did you set a wedding date? :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I love Golden Krust - But the best patties I have EVER had were from Miss Sonia in Negril - Her krust is almost like a hard version of coco bread, and they are so so big, one is a meal!

All of this talk of patties is making me hungry...and SAD cuz I can't get any!! :crying::crying: I love patties...especially the lobster patties...OMG...I would've slapped my husband across his head if he would've thrown my pattie out the window!! That's grounds for divorce!! Yuh nuh mess wid mi pattie-RASS! :ranting::bonk: I could sure go for some calaloo and saltfish right now though...and some bammy

:lol: :lol:...Gurl, I hear you and if that had been one of my lobster or shrimp...I most certainly would have...but the Veggie patty did smell off...but I thought it was just the way it was suppose to smell. :lol:

Plus it was on our way back from town after the Interview...so it was like hell to even get him to stop to get sittin' fuh eat! Homeboy was on a mission to get back to Bay to start the party and all I wanted was some dyam pattys!!! After the Vege went out the window...yuh cyan best believe I was nibbling and guarding my lobster patty's as if my life depended upon it! :lol: :lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

My check won't come till sometime in June. More time for me to dream of the bed we are going to buy!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Oh Gurl... I was just telling JG this mawning everytime we set a date...someone doesn't like it or won't be here!! I am at the point where I just want to say 'f' it let's just go do this dyam thing by ourselves!! But, I can't cause both families would kill us! Mine loves an excuse for a party...so they are looking forward to it! Although it will not be big to-do...we started with 5/23 (18 months to the date that we met)...but that's Memorial Day weekend and everyone has made plans. Then I said 6/1/08 after church with a brunch to follow...Nope...they want Saturday night party...So now I'm thinking bout 6/14/08!

Can't do it in the next 3 weeks cause my 2nd job (1800-flowers) will be on and popping for Mother's Day! Have to do it before 6/18 cause my Dad is going to Florida for a month and our 90 days are up 7/1/08! Trust me...I am so over calling Ken my 'Fiance' ...mi waan fi call em mi husband arready!! It is a special day...but neither one of us are super fussy! We just want a small chapel wedding with some music and food afterwards!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- thanks for asking. :luv:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
What will Dave have to Show or Turn In at the Social Security Office to obtain the SS#? I know he needs his passport and probably his birth certificate....anything else? He's not coming for a few more weeks but figured now would be a good time to ask.....LOL

(Gill...if ur out there PM me since Dave's getting the work stamp like Ken did :) )

Tonisha

Hey Ton-Ton,

If you don't mind I'll post publically (sp?) to help out others going through JFK! Ok, Ken & I went to the SSA the next day and all they really needed was his passport with the visa & EAD stamp in it! The EAD stamp is a tiny stamp placed on Ken's I-94 (I think). You fill out the SS-5 at the SSA office. That's it! But make sure you tell Dave to ASK for the EAD stamp at JFK!! Sometimes DHS forgets to give it to them!

Bless, Gill

Hey Gill :)

Thanks for your help! I'll be at JFK when he comes in so i'll remind him to ask for the stamp, just in case.

Nish

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
My check won't come till sometime in June. More time for me to dream of the bed we are going to buy!

Same for me Kell....no check till June....June 13th to be exact. That's the day the IRS is "supposed" to be sending them out for single filers like me.

I'm thinking it'll get used for our AOS paperwork, Like Gill said! :lol::rofl:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello my VJ peeps I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm here @ working and they dont' want us on the email, or internet they don't even want us on our cell phones. If we have to be on the cells phones we can't be on the floor but then again i can't leave my desk before Fidel Castro comes looking for us in the bathrooms.

Well i'm still waiting on welcome letter, social security card and green card for my husband should I call to find out what's the hold up?

well let me get back to work.....I be so tired when I get home to get online. First thing when I pick up the kids and my husband they talking about what's for dinner. I'm not used to cooking every single night before my husband came I made sure I fed the kids @ my parents house. Now 9 o'clock @ night i'm just finishing cooking.

I need to find a better way of making my nights more relaxing.

Timeline

Agreed ...between Juicy Patty in Jamaica and Golden Crust here...I prefer GC for vege patties. I got one in Jamaica and before I could even move the patty to my lips Ken grabbed it and threw it out the car window! :angry: (good thing I had two lobster patties on deck for my belly :lol: ) He said..."Nuh suh dat sittin never smell right to me!" :lol: I took him to GC for their veg patties and he LOVES them now!

Good looking out Gill :thumbs: I think I will use my stimulus check for a little R&R. I have 7 days off at the end of May and am thinking about going somewhere by my self to relax. :yes: Any ideas? :lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Same here...but mine will be funding Ken's AOS...so it goes right back to them!! :lol::lol:

Oh Gurl... I was just telling JG this mawning everytime we set a date...someone doesn't like it or won't be here!! I am at the point where I just want to say 'f' it let's just go do this dyam thing by ourselves!! But, I can't cause both families would kill us! Mine loves an excuse for a party...so they are looking forward to it! Although it will not be big to-do...we started with 5/23 (18 months to the date that we met)...but that's Memorial Day weekend and everyone has made plans. Then I said 6/1/08 after church with a brunch to follow...Nope...they want Saturday night party...So now I'm thinking bout 6/14/08!

Can't do it in the next 3 weeks cause my 2nd job (1800-flowers) will be on and popping for Mother's Day! Have to do it before 6/18 cause my Dad is going to Florida for a month and our 90 days are up 7/1/08! Trust me...I am so over calling Ken my 'Fiance' ...mi waan fi call em mi husband arready!! It is a special day...but neither one of us are super fussy! We just want a small chapel wedding with some music and food afterwards!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- thanks for asking. :luv:

Gwaan go marry de man arredy and have a party fe everybady aftawards. :lol::lol:

Edited by clairern

Timeline
If anyone has experience connecting in ATLANTA Hartford or wah evah di airport name help me out please. Which is a bigger airport. ATLANTA or MIAMI... I don't know how many of you have traveled with young kids and have to connect (it's always a HEAD-ACHE)...what are your thoughts, advice...anything.

I've done connections at both Miami and ATL and in my opinion it is easier to navigate through ATL, especially when traveling with someone who is not familiar with airports or children.

I love Miami because of it's size - it's huge - and I believe it is bigger than ATL (but I'm weird because I like airports :wacko: ), and there are so many places to spend your last $$ until the flight leaves :lol: but for convenience ATL is the way to go.

Good luck!

Jonesie, I can't get over how cute your little boy is. :blush:

Thanks :) he has the nerve to have dimples AND know when to act shy/coy/flirt/etc.

The only reason I'm online is because he's been up since about 7am :blink: an early riser - but I am damn tired and just wanna sleep :whistle:

I can just see it on him you know. He looks like he is smooth. LOL

If anyone has experience connecting in ATLANTA Hartford or wah evah di airport name help me out please. Which is a bigger airport. ATLANTA or MIAMI... I don't know how many of you have traveled with young kids and have to connect (it's always a HEAD-ACHE)...what are your thoughts, advice...anything.

Hello,

Atlanta Hartford- International transfer- cam ride to the other side of the airport

Miami- International transfer- walk or ride the moving belt to the other side of the airport

I just return today from traveling thru the Atlanta Airport- It is one od the busiest there is.

Be Bless

Filed: Other Timeline
We got a call from Andre's mom Friday night. She was pleasently surprised, mostly cause Andre forgot to call and warn her I had done it. SuperPlus is the bomb. They called her 3 days after I ordered, exactly as they said they would. She arranged a pick up. She had to know the code answer I had given and had to have a picture ID. She said the stuff I ordered was great and she gots lots of food. I find this pretty amazing cause I only had $30 to spare at the time (plus $10 handling fee). I was worried it wouldn't be much food. Glad to see it was. I will definately do it again.

Thanks for posting. I was wondering how well it works.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.