Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm still waiting for one of ya'll to SLAP me

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HERE TAKE THIS INSTEAD OF A SLAP

hug.jpg

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm going to admit something today that I have only told Gill so far..........

I took my husband to see Barry Manilow friday night. It was my 8th time seeing him and I was a little scared Andre wouldn't like him. I should've known he liked the music cause he is one of the 6 CDs in the changer and I come home to hear him singing along sometimes. Anyhow, if you've never seen Barry, he's a great showman. Video screens, dancing, back up dancers, lots of musical action.....constant motion. Andre loved it. He said it was the best show he's ever seen. Coming from someone who has seen so many live shows in JA, I took that as a great compliment. Wasn't as thrilled with the opening act, some guy with a lot of horns in the band. The guitar player was some guy from Earth, Wind, and Fire and Andre liked his solo stuff cause we recognized the songs.

:lol: :lol:...I am so glad he had a good time JG!! Ok, I 'm gonna come out of the closet... I LOVE BARRY MANILOW!!! Never seen him live...but "The Copa" was the ISH back in the day! My sister and myself had a whole dance routine to it! :lol: :lol: ...And Mandy...Can't Smile Without You...Looks like we made it...I write the songs...weekend in New England!! Oh, I could go ON!!!

I dyam near drove Ken to drink this weekend..I had him listen the 'Rock the Cashbah' by The Clash, Rock & Roll High School by The Ramones, Stairway to Heaven and Kashmir by Led Zep, Rio by Duran Duran and The Best of U2! He was like :blink::huh: ...How do you know these songs??? And please turn them off!! :no:

We will be moving into the Musical genre next..LAready started him with the Sound of Music!!!

Good for you JG :thumbs: exposure, exposure, exposure...there is more to music than Dancehall, Badman and Reggae! (Although I love those too!)

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Really, Gill.........don't even attempt Rocky Horror. So much sucking teeth, you can't even hear the dang thing!

We have been through country already. Andre tends to like Reba McIntyre best in that genre. Funny......me too!!!!!

Gilly.....you know my signature words are from Barry's "I Made it Through the Rain". Read those words sometime. Maybe you'll get why they are such an inspiration to me.

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

hug.jpg

Thanks Ms. Nelly

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

hug.jpg

Thanks Ms. Nelly

NO PROBLEM I HOPE UR DAY GET BETTER :luv:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
I'm going to admit something today that I have only told Gill so far..........

I took my husband to see Barry Manilow friday night. It was my 8th time seeing him and I was a little scared Andre wouldn't like him. I should've known he liked the music cause he is one of the 6 CDs in the changer and I come home to hear him singing along sometimes. Anyhow, if you've never seen Barry, he's a great showman. Video screens, dancing, back up dancers, lots of musical action.....constant motion. Andre loved it. He said it was the best show he's ever seen. Coming from someone who has seen so many live shows in JA, I took that as a great compliment. Wasn't as thrilled with the opening act, some guy with a lot of horns in the band. The guitar player was some guy from Earth, Wind, and Fire and Andre liked his solo stuff cause we recognized the songs.

:lol: :lol:...I am so glad he had a good time JG!! Ok, I 'm gonna come out of the closet... I LOVE BARRY MANILOW!!! Never seen him live...but "The Copa" was the ISH back in the day! My sister and myself had a whole dance routine to it! :lol: :lol: ...And Mandy...Can't Smile Without You...Looks like we made it...I write the songs...weekend in New England!! Oh, I could go ON!!!

I dyam near drove Ken to drink this weekend..I had him listen the 'Rock the Cashbah' by The Clash, Rock & Roll High School by The Ramones, Stairway to Heaven and Kashmir by Led Zep, Rio by Duran Duran and The Best of U2! He was like :blink::huh: ...How do you know these songs??? And please turn them off!! :no:

We will be moving into the Musical genre next..LAready started him with the Sound of Music!!!

Good for you JG :thumbs: exposure, exposure, exposure...there is more to music than Dancehall, Badman and Reggae! (Although I love those too!)Gill

ABSOLUTELY!!!! :thumbs:

Glad u had fun J.G.!!!!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

What will Dave have to Show or Turn In at the Social Security Office to obtain the SS#? I know he needs his passport and probably his birth certificate....anything else? He's not coming for a few more weeks but figured now would be a good time to ask.....LOL

(Gill...if ur out there PM me since Dave's getting the work stamp like Ken did :) )

Tonisha

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Michele I added some pics on the yahoo site.

Welcome mom2to!! All the best with your journey.

We are going home this afternoon.

Ok JAX-ie,

let me understand this...you JUST gave birth on THURSDAY...VIA C-SECTION, no less and you are back on here already!?!?!?!?!?! :blink::o

Gurl, you are my IDOL!!!!!!! Gurl, bwoy yuh just post a likkle note saying when your likkel Princess was born like yuh just recieve your NOA1 or sittin...I was like 04/24/08...THAT WAS...THURSDAY!!!! Gurl, yuh GOOD!!!

Your likkle angel is so cute :innocent: ! HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

Mek sure, yuh not rushing back to EVERYTHING Jax...that c-section is NO JOKE!!! PLease Darling...tek time!!!

Love ya and stay well (L)(L) ,

Gill

Hey Gill,

What's going on this Sunday morning. Just finished a plate a fritters, fry fish and bammi (what a combo).

JAX I had a C-Section also, I didn't take any of the pain meds, because I was nursing, so I just dealt with the pain. The gave me STAPLES :angry: WHICH I told them I didn't want. It hurt like HELL to have them removed. That was my second C-Section, but the second time around I was blessed with a beautiful boy. Like Gill said, take your time. But you must move around. I made the mistake the first time and just stayed in bed and GAS nearli kill mi. With my second C-Section I was walking around latter that night. The nurses were yelling at me, but I didn't care. I didn't want to feel the pain I was feeling the first time around. I'm hoping and praying that God will bless me with a second child. It was a battle to get my son here.

Hey Sweets,

Great bellys tink alike :lol:...Ken made me some Fritters w/ hardo bread this morning with REAL cocoa Tea! I'm sorry...but I LOVE MY MAN!! :luv: (However, my behind has gained 5-8 lbs since his arrival :angry: ):lol: :lol:

Gill

I have tried a dozen times to make hardo bread and it never comes out right!! Will he share his recipe??

No problem Isles...

Get into your car and drive to your closest Jamaican Bakery...take out $5.00 and tell the man/woman behind the counter, you'd like a hot fresh Hardo Bread please...Presto whamo ...done! :lol: :lol: :lol:. Ken tried baking it here ONCE...it was like Hardo DOUGH!!! YUCK!! We're lucky we happen to have THE BEST hardo bread IN THE WORLD right down the road from Ken's place!

Yes, I did say THE WORLD!! Even Ken admitted that he had NEVER had Hardo bread like this before! Gurrrrrl, if we get that dyam ting straight out the oven...we know to buy two...cause the 1st one ain't making it home (10 minute ride!) :lol: :lol:.

Bless,

Gill

:rofl: Okay - what's the name of the bakery? They will have to fed-ex it to me!!! There is NO Jamaican anything anywhere around me. Although I did notice the local Wal-Mart was selling "real" Jamaican Beef patties in the freezer section. I got a chuckle out of that.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
What will Dave have to Show or Turn In at the Social Security Office to obtain the SS#? I know he needs his passport and probably his birth certificate....anything else? He's not coming for a few more weeks but figured now would be a good time to ask.....LOL

(Gill...if ur out there PM me since Dave's getting the work stamp like Ken did :) )

Tonisha

Hey Ton-Ton,

If you don't mind I'll post publically (sp?) to help out others going through JFK! Ok, Ken & I went to the SSA the next day and all they really needed was his passport with the visa & EAD stamp in it! The EAD stamp is a tiny stamp placed on Ken's I-94 (I think). You fill out the SS-5 at the SSA office. That's it! But make sure you tell Dave to ASK for the EAD stamp at JFK!! Sometimes DHS forgets to give it to them!

Bless, Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Ok JAX-ie,

let me understand this...you JUST gave birth on THURSDAY...VIA C-SECTION, no less and you are back on here already!?!?!?!?!?! :blink::o

Gurl, you are my IDOL!!!!!!! Gurl, bwoy yuh just post a likkle note saying when your likkel Princess was born like yuh just recieve your NOA1 or sittin...I was like 04/24/08...THAT WAS...THURSDAY!!!! Gurl, yuh GOOD!!!

Mek sure, yuh not rushing back to EVERYTHING Jax...that c-section is NO JOKE!!! PLease Darling...tek time!!!

Gill

Hey Gill,

What's going on this Sunday morning. Just finished a plate a fritters, fry fish and bammi (what a combo).

JAX I had a C-Section also, I didn't take any of the pain meds, because I was nursing, so I just dealt with the pain. The gave me STAPLES :angry: WHICH I told them I didn't want. It hurt like HELL to have them removed. That was my second C-Section, but the second time around I was blessed with a beautiful boy. Like Gill said, take your time. But you must move around. I made the mistake the first time and just stayed in bed and GAS nearli kill mi. With my second C-Section I was walking around latter that night. The nurses were yelling at me, but I didn't care. I didn't want to feel the pain I was feeling the first time around. I'm hoping and praying that God will bless me with a second child. It was a battle to get my son here.

Hey Sweets,

Great bellys tink alike :lol:...Ken made me some Fritters w/ hardo bread this morning with REAL cocoa Tea! I'm sorry...but I LOVE MY MAN!! :luv: (However, my behind has gained 5-8 lbs since his arrival :angry: ):lol: :lol:

Gill

I have tried a dozen times to make hardo bread and it never comes out right!! Will he share his recipe??

No problem Isles...

Get into your car and drive to your closest Jamaican Bakery...take out $5.00 and tell the man/woman behind the counter, you'd like a hot fresh Hardo Bread please...Presto whamo ...done! :lol: :lol: :lol:. Ken tried baking it here ONCE...it was like Hardo DOUGH!!! YUCK!! We're lucky we happen to have THE BEST hardo bread IN THE WORLD right down the road from Ken's place!

Yes, I did say THE WORLD!! Even Ken admitted that he had NEVER had Hardo bread like this before! Gurrrrrl, if we get that dyam ting straight out the oven...we know to buy two...cause the 1st one ain't making it home (10 minute ride!) :lol: :lol:.

Bless,

Gill

:rofl: Okay - what's the name of the bakery? They will have to fed-ex it to me!!! There is NO Jamaican anything anywhere around me. Although I did notice the local Wal-Mart was selling "real" Jamaican Beef patties in the freezer section. I got a chuckle out of that.

hehehehehe :lol: ...OK, Isles... I'm sorry...I forgot that you are upstate. How far are you from NYC proper?

Gill

P.S.- Yeah our local Wal-Mart has started selling Grace products too!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Ok JAX-ie,

Gill

Hey Gill,

Hey Sweets,

Great bellys tink alike :lol: ...Ken made me some Fritters w/ hardo bread this morning with REAL cocoa Tea! I'm sorry...but I LOVE MY MAN!! :luv: (However, my behind has gained 5-8 lbs since his arrival :angry: ) :lol::lol:

Gill

No problem Isles...

Get into your car and drive to your closest Jamaican Bakery...take out $5.00 and tell the man/woman behind the counter, you'd like a hot fresh Hardo Bread please...Presto whamo ...done! :lol::lol::lol: . Ken tried baking it here ONCE...it was like Hardo DOUGH!!! YUCK!! We're lucky we happen to have THE BEST hardo bread IN THE WORLD right down the road from Ken's place!

Yes, I did say THE WORLD!! Even Ken admitted that he had NEVER had Hardo bread like this before! Gurrrrrl, if we get that dyam ting straight out the oven...we know to buy two...cause the 1st one ain't making it home (10 minute ride!) :lol::lol: .

Bless,

Gill

Which hardo bread do you like? When I lived in NYC I loved me some Golden Crust bread and beef patties. Now I have to wait until my family visits me to bring me them :crying:

Good morning my beautiful SISTAHS!

I'll keep it short.

Heavenly father I come to you today on bended knees. Not only for myself and for my family, but for all my friends and family her on VJ and elsewhere. Lord, I pray that we will again make it through this week. I pray for a speedy approval and for all those waiting for the next stage in the process. Lord thank for for all the beautiful babies that you have blessed us with this week and for watching over the mothers and fathers during the delivery process. Lord, please give us strength today and foward. All these I ask in Jesus precious and holy name. AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.

Amen. Thanks Lawny :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

If anyone has experience connecting in ATLANTA Hartford or wah evah di airport name help me out please. Which is a bigger airport. ATLANTA or MIAMI... I don't know how many of you have traveled with young kids and have to connect (it's always a HEAD-ACHE)...what are your thoughts, advice...anything.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
If anyone has experience connecting in ATLANTA Hartford or wah evah di airport name help me out please. Which is a bigger airport. ATLANTA or MIAMI... I don't know how many of you have traveled with young kids and have to connect (it's always a HEAD-ACHE)...what are your thoughts, advice...anything.

I've done connections at both Miami and ATL and in my opinion it is easier to navigate through ATL, especially when traveling with someone who is not familiar with airports or children.

I love Miami because of it's size - it's huge - and I believe it is bigger than ATL (but I'm weird because I like airports :wacko:), and there are so many places to spend your last $$ until the flight leaves :lol: but for convenience ATL is the way to go.

Good luck!

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.