Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm going to admit something today that I have only told Gill so far..........

I took my husband to see Barry Manilow friday night. It was my 8th time seeing him and I was a little scared Andre wouldn't like him. I should've known he liked the music cause he is one of the 6 CDs in the changer and I come home to hear him singing along sometimes. Anyhow, if you've never seen Barry, he's a great showman. Video screens, dancing, back up dancers, lots of musical action.....constant motion. Andre loved it. He said it was the best show he's ever seen. Coming from someone who has seen so many live shows in JA, I took that as a great compliment. Wasn't as thrilled with the opening act, some guy with a lot of horns in the band. The guitar player was some guy from Earth, Wind, and Fire and Andre liked his solo stuff cause we recognized the songs.

We tried to make it to Chingy Saturday night; but just couldn't swing it with our schedules.

Next up for us is Fiddler on the Roof at our outdoor theatre, I think, and then Counting Crows and Maroon Five in September.

HEY KELLY

I JUST BEEN WORKING A LOTS OF HOUR OTHER THEN THAT I AM DOING FINE, I AM OFF WORK FROM BOTH JOBS SO I WILL BE RELAXING FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO HOW HAVE U BEEN DOING

About as good as can be.

How did you swing off both jobs? I'm so jealous!

How's the mister?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

***********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning Family,

Hope everyone had a blessed weekend!

I know I haven't posted one of my chuckles in a while. But the weather is gray today and I am tired as HE!! + the whole Sean Bell thing still has me down...so I thought...Hey why not share a chuckle!

Oh, the head coach of my son's soccer team was out yesterday...so Ken was Head coach and I am proud to say the Bad News Bears of Soccer WON their first game of the season (8-0)!!! So now all the parents want to fire the head coach and give Ken the job full-time! :blink::blink: I was proud of him..he ran around that field like a lunatic telling those kids where to go and what to do! He kept saying "TEN!!!...I WANT TEN GOALS TODAY!!!" They came close...my son was busting with pride for Ken when all the kids said "Your Dad is the best coach EVER!" He didn't even correct them! :whistle:

Lawny, thanks for the prayers...you always do such a beautiful job!

To our new Mama'a thank G-d that all 4 came through the birth process alright...G-d is good!

To our newest additions ...WELCOME AND FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN!!!

To the rest of the Fam...have a bless-ed day!

Love ya,

Gill

Jamaican Messaging & Texting Slang

Here's the translation code sheet for when Jamaicans are chatting online or texting each other.

TWY = Tek Weh Yuself

XA = X Amount

AO = Alms Ouse

BPT = Back Pon Top

BOAL = Buss Out A Laff

BOABDL = Buss Out A Big Dutty Laff

CAS = Crack A Smile

DWL = Dead Wid Laff

DWLAPUMS = Dead Wid Laff And Peepee Up Mi Self

FR = Fi Real

KMN = Kiss Mi Neckback

KYAWO = Kut Yeye And Wheel Out

LIH = Lick Innu Head

LM = Likkle More

MPD = Mad People Dem

MYODB = Mine Yuh Own Dyamn Biznezz

NR = Nuff Respect

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

SOMEBODY PLEASE COME AND SLAP ME! They are really stressing me today and I can't balance this budget AND THEY KEEP asking me DUMB A$$$$$$$$$ questions.

CALGONE take me a awayyyyyyyyyyyy

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
***********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning Family,

Hope everyone had a blessed weekend!

I know I haven't posted one of my chuckles in a while. But the weather is gray today and I am tired as HE!! + the whole Sean Bell thing still has me down...so I thought...Hey why not share a chuckle!

Oh, the head coach of my son's soccer team was out yesterday...so Ken was Head coach and I am proud to say the Bad News Bears of Soccer WON their first game of the season (8-0)!!! So now all the parents want to fire the head coach and give Ken the job full-time! :blink::blink: I was proud of him..he ran around that field like a lunatic telling those kids where to go and what to do! He kept saying "TEN!!!...I WANT TEN GOALS TODAY!!!" They came close...my son was busting with pride for Ken when all the kids said "Your Dad is the best coach EVER!" He didn't even correct them! :whistle:

Lawny, thanks for the prayers...you always do such a beautiful job!

To our new Mama'a thank G-d that all 4 came through the birth process alright...G-d is good!

To our newest additions ...WELCOME AND FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN!!!

To the rest of the Fam...have a bless-ed day!

Love ya,

Gill

Jamaican Messaging & Texting Slang

Here's the translation code sheet for when Jamaicans are chatting online or texting each other.

TWY = Tek Weh Yuself

XA = X Amount

AO = Alms Ouse

BPT = Back Pon Top

BOAL = Buss Out A Laff

BOABDL = Buss Out A Big Dutty Laff

CAS = Crack A Smile

DWL = Dead Wid Laff

DWLAPUMS = Dead Wid Laff And Peepee Up Mi Self

FR = Fi Real

KMN = Kiss Mi Neckback

KYAWO = Kut Yeye And Wheel Out

LIH = Lick Innu Head

LM = Likkle More

MPD = Mad People Dem

MYODB = Mine Yuh Own Dyamn Biznezz

NR = Nuff Respect

Can you fire a volunteer??????????

SOMEBODY PLEASE COME AND SLAP ME! They are really stressing me today and I can't balance this budget AND THEY KEEP asking me DUMB A$$$$$$$$$ questions.

CALGONE take me a awayyyyyyyyyyyy

Deep breaths.........repeat after me.........TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER! TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I took my husband to see Barry Manilow friday night. It was my 8th time seeing him and I was a little scared Andre wouldn't like him. I should've known he liked the music cause he is one of the 6 CDs in the changer and I come home to hear him singing along sometimes. Anyhow, if you've never seen Barry, he's a great showman. Video screens, dancing, back up dancers, lots of musical action.....constant motion. Andre loved it. He said it was the best show he's ever seen. Coming from someone who has seen so many live shows in JA, I took that as a great compliment. Wasn't as thrilled with the opening act, some guy with a lot of horns in the band. The guitar player was some guy from Earth, Wind, and Fire and Andre liked his solo stuff cause we recognized the songs.

We tried to make it to Chingy Saturday night; but just couldn't swing it with our schedules.

Next up for us is Fiddler on the Roof at our outdoor theatre, I think, and then Counting Crows and Maroon Five in September.

HEY KELLY

I JUST BEEN WORKING A LOTS OF HOUR OTHER THEN THAT I AM DOING FINE, I AM OFF WORK FROM BOTH JOBS SO I WILL BE RELAXING FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO HOW HAVE U BEEN DOING

About as good as can be.

How's the mister?

I DONT WORK THE PART-TIME MON OR TUES AND I REQUESTED TO HAVE MON AND TUES FROM THE FULLTIME SO I GETTING MY HAIR BRAIDED TODAY SO ITS REALLY NOT A OFF DAY AND HAWKINS IS GOOD I TALK TO HIM THE OTHER WE TALK OFF AND ON WE WILL REMAIN FRIENDS AND JUST TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND SEE WHERE IT GO

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
Can you fire a volunteer??????????

HAHAHAHAHAHA... :lol::no: ...that's what WE said!!!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
First I would like to say Hello! I have spent days reading in order to try to "meet" as many of you as possible :) You all are such nice group and I think it is wonderful how everyone is so helpful...Lord knows I am overwelmed and I considered myself pretty smart to start with :wacko: I dont know if its because I started this with a "ill never get this attitude" or what but Im sure u will get sick of me reallll soon...Im not sure which one of u it was but I do want to thank the person who welcomed me to the board...It was my first official welcome and I guess I erased it cause I cant find it and I dont remember exactly who it was (I think it was Trewlany but correct me if Im wrong) Anyway the knowledge u all have Im sure will be helpful and thank u in advance...Ok my first question...lol where do I start? I think the K-1 fiance visa is goin to be our route (he would rather we get married now but I told him I thought it was easier to do this rather thn K-3) please correct me if Im wrong...but what does he need to have already before I even send in the application? He never got a birth certificate so does he have to have that in hand before the start? should he also already have a passport? Well group Im goin to apologize now cause I know Im goin to get worse with the thousands of questions...but I have faith between u all and prayers it will all work out...off topic but I get to see my honey friday only for a long weekend but any time is better than none...so Ill be in good spirits for this week now next...lol not so sure

WELCOME...... :dance: ......you will soon find that all the Yardie family is the best.......so many questions can be answered......

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No, not an orphanage. He lives with Andre's mom. But, he is an orphan. They do not know who the father was, it's not on the birth papers. Andre's sister died of AIDS and signed over her rights to his mother. His mother is the one who filed for the birth papers last year.

yeah. thats what I thought. that he was living with family. so that should make your process a little bit faster I think

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Hey, Gilly, how are tensions where you live? The threat of riots that follow things scare me more then anything else. Are you safe?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

HEY KELLY

About as good as can be.

How's the mister?

I DONT WORK THE PART-TIME MON OR TUES AND I REQUESTED TO HAVE MON AND TUES FROM THE FULLTIME SO I GETTING MY HAIR BRAIDED TODAY SO ITS REALLY NOT A OFF DAY AND HAWKINS IS GOOD I TALK TO HIM THE OTHER WE TALK OFF AND ON WE WILL REMAIN FRIENDS AND JUST TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND SEE WHERE IT GO

NELLS!!!!!!!,

Good to see you Chica!! Tell Hawkins Ken & I said 'Hi' next time you speak with him! That's the best way to do it Sis...tek your time! ENJOY YOUR DAYS OFF!!!

Gill

P.S.- Don't be a stranger!! :luv:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
what's everyone been up ..bwoy i tell yuh Shauna and Jax can't wait to be in this moment of time...it come in like the months slowed down :)

wey English she is the photo lady..she can make them smaller for u guys :)

If one more person tell mi..mi no look pregnant mi a go scream..cause mi sure feel like it...fi a long time now

Enjoy it Kimmy. You know it's not going to last in the coming months.

girl..there is nothing to enjoy..i hate being pregnant 1st and 2nd time..i like when baby is here..too much worries while they're baking

I hear ya Kimmy, I feel the same way. What's there to enjoy? between never ending morning sickness (that is finally subsiding), back pains, and crazy mood swings.. I am counting the days til my little one comes out.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning everyone,

Gill, thanks for the chuckle, I definitely need it, it is rainy and yucky outside, plus my day not off to a good start either :angry: but at least I get to leave early to go to a doctor's appointment.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

HEY KELLY

About as good as can be.

How's the mister?

NELLS!!!!!!!,

Good to see you Chica!! Tell Hawkins Ken & I said 'Hi' next time you speak with him! That's the best way to do it Sis...tek your time! ENJOY YOUR DAYS OFF!!!

Gill

P.S.- Don't be a stranger!! :luv:

HEY GILL :luv:

YES I WILL BE HERE I DONT PLAN ON LEAVING THIS SITE, I SURE WILL TELL HAWKINS KEN SAID HI

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
Hey, Gilly, how are tensions where you live? The threat of riots that follow things scare me more then anything else. Are you safe?

Yeah Gurl...don't forget I'm in Agrestic Part 2 :lol: :lol:!

But, I think the Black radio stations and talk shows have calmed people down enough to realize...don't go 'f'-up your neighborhood in anger again...been there done that! Let's go a different route...civil disobedience! So, they are planning protests all over the city within the next upcoming weeks! And we were suppose to dress in all black today to show our support to the Bell family!

We had a few flare ups over the weekend here and there ...but thank G-d nothing too crazy! It's funny cause I just watched the movie "Talk to Me" last night with Ken...IT WAS GOOD!!!!! Highly recommend EVERYONE to see it! Even though it was a true story that happened in D.C. over 30-40 years ago...so many things took my mind right back to the Sean Bell case! The more things change...

It looks like they may charge the officers on a Federal level...but we'll see! You know I'm not even saying I need the officers to do time or anything like that. But at least if we could sit down and change some penal codes, laws and/or NYPD procedure, training so that this will NEVER happen again, I would be happy! But it's just more of the same Black man dies...cops walk...get over it ...cause nothing changes!

Sorry for the lecture...but thanks for asking!

Bless-ed,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Yeah Gurl...don't forget I'm in Agrestic Part 2 :lol: :lol:!

But, I think the Black radio stations and talk shows have calmed people down enough to realize...don't go 'f'-up your neighborhood in anger again...been there done that! Let's go a different route...civil disobedience! So, they are planning protests all over the city within the next upcoming weeks! And we were suppose to dress in all black today to show our support to the Bell family!

We had a few flare ups over the weekend here and there ...but thank G-d nothing too crazy! It's funny cause I just watched the movie "Talk to Me" last night with Ken...IT WAS GOOD!!!!! Highly recommend EVERYONE to see it! Even though it was a true story that happened in D.C. over 30-40 years ago...so many things took my mind right back to the Sean Bell case! The more things change...

It looks like they may charge the officers on a Federal level...but we'll see! You know I'm not even saying I need the officers to do time or anything like that. But at least if we could sit down and change some penal codes, laws and/or NYPD procedure, training so that this will NEVER happen again, I would be happy! But it's just more of the same Black man dies...cops walk...get over it ...cause nothing changes!

Sorry for the lecture...but thanks for asking!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Violence begats violence. Never solves anything. I hope this civil disobedience tactic gets the results desired.

I'm not for jail time; but I think they do need to be taken off the street.

You be safe, girly!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.