Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone know anyone who adopted from Jamaica?

yes.

I am talking about Jomo and I adopting his orphaned nephew. If you think you can help me, either post some info or PM me, Shrewdie. We have been talking about it for about 3 years now......it was a stipulation of my accepting his proposal. Anyhow, we are close to wanting to start to file some paperwork......this fall or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

JG that is wonderful!! I hope the system will work smooth and fast for you.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Michele I added some pics on the yahoo site.

Welcome mom2to!! All the best with your journey.

We are going home this afternoon.

Ok JAX-ie,

let me understand this...you JUST gave birth on THURSDAY...VIA C-SECTION, no less and you are back on here already!?!?!?!?!?! :blink::o

Gurl, you are my IDOL!!!!!!! Gurl, bwoy yuh just post a likkle note saying when your likkel Princess was born like yuh just recieve your NOA1 or sittin...I was like 04/24/08...THAT WAS...THURSDAY!!!! Gurl, yuh GOOD!!!

Your likkle angel is so cute :innocent: ! HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

Mek sure, yuh not rushing back to EVERYTHING Jax...that c-section is NO JOKE!!! PLease Darling...tek time!!!

Love ya and stay well (L)(L) ,

Gill

Hey Gill,

What's going on this Sunday morning. Just finished a plate a fritters, fry fish and bammi (what a combo).

JAX I had a C-Section also, I didn't take any of the pain meds, because I was nursing, so I just dealt with the pain. The gave me STAPLES :angry: WHICH I told them I didn't want. It hurt like HELL to have them removed. That was my second C-Section, but the second time around I was blessed with a beautiful boy. Like Gill said, take your time. But you must move around. I made the mistake the first time and just stayed in bed and GAS nearli kill mi. With my second C-Section I was walking around latter that night. The nurses were yelling at me, but I didn't care. I didn't want to feel the pain I was feeling the first time around. I'm hoping and praying that God will bless me with a second child. It was a battle to get my son here.

Hey Sweets,

Great bellys tink alike :lol:...Ken made me some Fritters w/ hardo bread this morning with REAL cocoa Tea! I'm sorry...but I LOVE MY MAN!! :luv: (However, my behind has gained 5-8 lbs since his arrival :angry: ):lol: :lol:

Gill

I have tried a dozen times to make hardo bread and it never comes out right!! Will he share his recipe??

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
i added some pics to yahoo.....enjoy :wub:

cute!! uhh so tired :wacko:

I need to go but a breast pump so hubby can feed her tomorrow night. Then we can take turns. To bad he has finals next week.

I wou;d advise you get an Avent one....Used that for both mine and they are EXCELLENT!

Buy some breast milk storage bags to freeze your milk and store it in your freezer.

Yes, I agree with everything JAE just said.

I know that is right. I hate every minute of being pregnant with both my kids. You may be the only other person I have ever heard say that.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo....you must not have listened to me!!!!

I hated EVERYTHING about being pregnant with both my sons, the ONLY thing that kept me going with my first was that I couldn't wait to see his face....With my second, I did actually feel love for him while pregnant (something that didn't happen with my first)...I actually thought there was something wrong with me, I was missing a maternal gene or something.....When my first was born, while I felt a strong instinct to take care of him, I didn't LOVE him which felt awful....Then, when he was may be six weeks old, it hit me like a TON of bricks how much I loved him....With this last baby, he was in hospital for two days after I was and when they discharged me on the Monday and said they were keeping him in, I cried for four hours lol.....

Whenever anyone says they're pregnant, I feel a shiver of thankfulness it ISN'T me :lol:

I must've missed it. Wish I had known you then cause I felt like some sort of freak then.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

We got a call from Andre's mom Friday night. She was pleasently surprised, mostly cause Andre forgot to call and warn her I had done it. SuperPlus is the bomb. They called her 3 days after I ordered, exactly as they said they would. She arranged a pick up. She had to know the code answer I had given and had to have a picture ID. She said the stuff I ordered was great and she gots lots of food. I find this pretty amazing cause I only had $30 to spare at the time (plus $10 handling fee). I was worried it wouldn't be much food. Glad to see it was. I will definately do it again.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Good morning my beautiful SISTAHS!

I'll keep it short.

Heavenly father I come to you today on bended knees. Not only for myself and for my family, but for all my friends and family her on VJ and elsewhere. Lord, I pray that we will again make it through this week. I pray for a speedy approval and for all those waiting for the next stage in the process. Lord thank for for all the beautiful babies that you have blessed us with this week and for watching over the mothers and fathers during the delivery process. Lord, please give us strength today and foward. All these I ask in Jesus precious and holy name. AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

We got a call from Andre's mom Friday night. She was pleasently surprised, mostly cause Andre forgot to call and warn her I had done it. SuperPlus is the bomb. They called her 3 days after I ordered, exactly as they said they would. She arranged a pick up. She had to know the code answer I had given and had to have a picture ID. She said the stuff I ordered was great and she gots lots of food. I find this pretty amazing cause I only had $30 to spare at the time (plus $10 handling fee). I was worried it wouldn't be much food. Glad to see it was. I will definately do it again.

Mawin JG --

What's the website again.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Michele I added some pics on the yahoo site.

Welcome mom2to!! All the best with your journey.

We are going home this afternoon.

Ok JAX-ie,

let me understand this...you JUST gave birth on THURSDAY...VIA C-SECTION, no less and you are back on here already!?!?!?!?!?! :blink::o

Gurl, you are my IDOL!!!!!!! Gurl, bwoy yuh just post a likkle note saying when your likkel Princess was born like yuh just recieve your NOA1 or sittin...I was like 04/24/08...THAT WAS...THURSDAY!!!! Gurl, yuh GOOD!!!

Your likkle angel is so cute :innocent: ! HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

Mek sure, yuh not rushing back to EVERYTHING Jax...that c-section is NO JOKE!!! PLease Darling...tek time!!!

Love ya and stay well (L)(L) ,

Gill

Hey Gill,

What's going on this Sunday morning. Just finished a plate a fritters, fry fish and bammi (what a combo).

JAX I had a C-Section also, I didn't take any of the pain meds, because I was nursing, so I just dealt with the pain. The gave me STAPLES :angry: WHICH I told them I didn't want. It hurt like HELL to have them removed. That was my second C-Section, but the second time around I was blessed with a beautiful boy. Like Gill said, take your time. But you must move around. I made the mistake the first time and just stayed in bed and GAS nearli kill mi. With my second C-Section I was walking around latter that night. The nurses were yelling at me, but I didn't care. I didn't want to feel the pain I was feeling the first time around. I'm hoping and praying that God will bless me with a second child. It was a battle to get my son here.

Hey Sweets,

Great bellys tink alike :lol:...Ken made me some Fritters w/ hardo bread this morning with REAL cocoa Tea! I'm sorry...but I LOVE MY MAN!! :luv: (However, my behind has gained 5-8 lbs since his arrival :angry: ):lol: :lol:

Gill

I have tried a dozen times to make hardo bread and it never comes out right!! Will he share his recipe??

No problem Isles...

Get into your car and drive to your closest Jamaican Bakery...take out $5.00 and tell the man/woman behind the counter, you'd like a hot fresh Hardo Bread please...Presto whamo ...done! :lol: :lol: :lol:. Ken tried baking it here ONCE...it was like Hardo DOUGH!!! YUCK!! We're lucky we happen to have THE BEST hardo bread IN THE WORLD right down the road from Ken's place!

Yes, I did say THE WORLD!! Even Ken admitted that he had NEVER had Hardo bread like this before! Gurrrrrl, if we get that dyam ting straight out the oven...we know to buy two...cause the 1st one ain't making it home (10 minute ride!) :lol: :lol:.

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Deal :thumbs: ..we are going to be using it this weekend for KJ...hope we have the same result!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
i added some pics to yahoo.....enjoy :wub:

What is the yahoo site? I wanna see all that cutie babies too!!! No more for me so I gotta live through everyone else's.

PM Mrs. Squitto and ask for permission to enter. If approved, she'll send you the details.

Anyone know anyone who adopted from Jamaica?

yes.

I am talking about Jomo and I adopting his orphaned nephew. If you think you can help me, either post some info or PM me, Shrewdie. We have been talking about it for about 3 years now......it was a stipulation of my accepting his proposal. Anyhow, we are close to wanting to start to file some paperwork......this fall or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

JG that is wonderful!! I hope the system will work smooth and fast for you.

Ha.....ha......not how my life works. I appreciate the sentiment, though. I'll just have to be patient and persistant yet again.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Mawin JG --

http://www.superplusfoods.com/customer/home.php

GOOD MORNING EVREYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY :):)

Girl, you have to stick around and write more then this. I miss your long PM's. How are things?

HOW DO U JOIN THE YAHOO SITE?

PM Mrs. Squitto.

I'll keep it short.

Heavenly father I come to you today on bended knees. Not only for myself and for my family, but for all my friends and family her on VJ and elsewhere. Lord, I pray that we will again make it through this week. I pray for a speedy approval and for all those waiting for the next stage in the process. Lord thank for for all the beautiful babies that you have blessed us with this week and for watching over the mothers and fathers during the delivery process. Lord, please give us strength today and foward. All these I ask in Jesus precious and holy name. AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.

You make my day every time!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Mawin JG --

http://www.superplusfoods.com/customer/home.php

GOOD MORNING EVREYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY :):)

Girl, you have to stick around and write more then this. I miss your long PM's. How are things?

HOW DO U JOIN THE YAHOO SITE?

PM Mrs. Squitto.

I'll keep it short.

You make my day every time!

THANKS JG---

tep aff a mi name

HEY KELLY

I JUST BEEN WORKING A LOTS OF HOUR OTHER THEN THAT I AM DOING FINE, I AM OFF WORK FROM BOTH JOBS SO I WILL BE RELAXING FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO HOW HAVE U BEEN DOING

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.