Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Old Hope. Oxford was the site of the old embassy. Must be an old form on that one.

Thanks JG. :thumbs: Why can't they get their acts together. :blink: The letter I received has the Old Hope Road address and the one Mike received has the Oxford Road address. They are also completely different but has the same info about his interview date (which thankfully is the same). He also states that they still conduct business at the Oxford Road address. Even though the letter was mailed from Kingston, it had a Washington, DC address stamped on the return adress side. :wacko:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Gill.....can you have her PM me or you give me some details of what she has to do along the way and how it goes. I have looked into extensively; but you know how you can read about something and hit snags that only someone who's been there can help you through and/or guide you. I wish her luck.

We're looking into the same process for one of hubby's relatives (niece). I started my research about two years ago and after printing out info AND reading about it from Jamaica's end I am still :blink::wacko: so any info please share with me also. I was told that if hubby becomes a citizen then it will be easier for him to adopt his niece than if I file to adopt her.

Run gawn to Yahoo photos

Yes, I have heard that citizen thing too, Jonsie. If that is the case, we will wait till next August, file for naturalization, and then go from there.

When someone starts the process, we'll start a Yardie adoption thread and keep all the information together.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone know anyone who adopted from Jamaica?

yes.

I am talking about Jomo and I adopting his orphaned nephew. If you think you can help me, either post some info or PM me, Shrewdie. We have been talking about it for about 3 years now......it was a stipulation of my accepting his proposal. Anyhow, we are close to wanting to start to file some paperwork......this fall or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

ok. first you have to have a "Waiver" or whatever they call it saying that they are eligible for adoption. basically there is a legal form the parents have to sign. then you go thru the jamaican child development and do it that way.. OR go thru the US adoption agencies (you can find info at USCIS website). I think since you already have your child "picked out" it is easier to go through jamaica and THEN get the U.S. involved. I know one of the first things you have to do is have a home study and its quite a few dollars.

I will ask my friends and see what else I can find out. I dont know anyone Jamaican that adopted a jamaican so HOPEFULLY you can get some of the red tape cut that way. MArshall and I plan to adopt.

You should really not have as much time wait since he is family and jomo is jamaican AND you will have parent consent immediately.

Did yall know over half the kids in the jamaican orphanage are not "Adoptable" because their parents havent signed over legal rights? so all the kids that get just "dropped off" have to be stuck in those orphanages... i dont know about yall..but dontcha think dropping them off in the first place is giving up the rights? sheesh

anyway JG I will check around and see what I can. you might just be able to get him in custody in Jamaica and then file the I-130. I think that might be easier in your case?

shrewd....any news yet ?

no :(

It is really taking a toll on me. on us. I know what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger, but that only worked for me up until about a month ago. I might even have to take a break from VJ because reading about all the VSC I-130 people that are getting approved after all us October people brings on all kinds of nasty stress. If you guys could keep praying for us, it would be much appreciated :)

How are you feeling?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
what's everyone been up ..bwoy i tell yuh Shauna and Jax can't wait to be in this moment of time...it come in like the months slowed down :)

wey English she is the photo lady..she can make them smaller for u guys :)

If one more person tell mi..mi no look pregnant mi a go scream..cause mi sure feel like it...fi a long time now

Enjoy it Kimmy. You know it's not going to last in the coming months.

girl..there is nothing to enjoy..i hate being pregnant 1st and 2nd time..i like when baby is here..too much worries while they're baking

I know that is right. I hate every minute of being pregnant with both my kids. You may be the only other person I have ever heard say that.

That's really nice JG...i pray it goes easy for you guys..children need PARENTS..biological or not

It won't be easy. They just enrolled him in school this year cause they had never registered his birth. That was a mess. So, while he's smart as can be, he's probably behind. He's 8. If you look on the Yahoo Groups, I'm pretty sure I posted a picture of just me and him.

how do you get on the yahoo groups???

JG dont worry about that. you can get him caught up pretty easy at that age with a lot of one on one..maybe homeschool the first year? or just get him a tutor.

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

yes.

I am talking about Jomo and I adopting his orphaned nephew. If you think you can help me, either post some info or PM me, Shrewdie. We have been talking about it for about 3 years now......it was a stipulation of my accepting his proposal. Anyhow, we are close to wanting to start to file some paperwork......this fall or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

ok. first you have to have a "Waiver" or whatever they call it saying that they are eligible for adoption. basically there is a legal form the parents have to sign. then you go thru the jamaican child development and do it that way.. OR go thru the US adoption agencies (you can find info at USCIS website). I think since you already have your child "picked out" it is easier to go through jamaica and THEN get the U.S. involved. I know one of the first things you have to do is have a home study and its quite a few dollars.

I will ask my friends and see what else I can find out. I dont know anyone Jamaican that adopted a jamaican so HOPEFULLY you can get some of the red tape cut that way. MArshall and I plan to adopt.

You should really not have as much time wait since he is family and jomo is jamaican AND you will have parent consent immediately.

Did yall know over half the kids in the jamaican orphanage are not "Adoptable" because their parents havent signed over legal rights? so all the kids that get just "dropped off" have to be stuck in those orphanages... i dont know about yall..but dontcha think dropping them off in the first place is giving up the rights? sheesh

anyway JG I will check around and see what I can. you might just be able to get him in custody in Jamaica and then file the I-130. I think that might be easier in your case?

shrewd....any news yet ?

It is really taking a toll on me. on us. I know what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger, but that only worked for me up until about a month ago. I might even have to take a break from VJ because reading about all the VSC I-130 people that are getting approved after all us October people brings on all kinds of nasty stress. If you guys could keep praying for us, it would be much appreciated :)

How are you feeling?

Thanks, Shrewding. Any more information you come up with would be greatly appreciated.

I thought I read somewhere it is very easy to gain citizenship for the child through adoption.

Hang in there, girl. It's going to happen for you. It just takes time and lots of patience. I think about you all the time and pray for you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Gill.....can you have her PM me or you give me some details of what she has to do along the way and how it goes. I have looked into extensively; but you know how you can read about something and hit snags that only someone who's been there can help you through and/or guide you. I wish her luck.

We're looking into the same process for one of hubby's relatives (niece). I started my research about two years ago and after printing out info AND reading about it from Jamaica's end I am still :blink::wacko: so any info please share with me also. I was told that if hubby becomes a citizen then it will be easier for him to adopt his niece than if I file to adopt her.

Run gawn to Yahoo photos

yes, I would think it would be easier for him than just you file.

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

yes.

shrewd....any news yet ?

How are you feeling?

Thanks, Shrewding. Any more information you come up with would be greatly appreciated.

I thought I read somewhere it is very easy to gain citizenship for the child through adoption.

Hang in there, girl. It's going to happen for you. It just takes time and lots of patience. I think about you all the time and pray for you.

yes it is. I think once they are adopted they dont have to have all that wait time to become a citizen like an adult has.

I have friends here in the states that is going thru the JA adoption now, but it would be a little different than you b/c they are doing it from an orphanage and they arent Jamaican.

Who has custody of his nephew now?

Oh. and THANK you for the prayers. yall- I have everyone I KNOW and everyone THEY KNOW praying that my husband will be HOME in september. seems like a miracle..but Im trying to start a movement :) :)

so.. pass that on to EVERYONE YOU KNOW. hahahahha

all of the U.S. gonna be prayin for this one american gal madly in love with one jamaican man :)

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

No, not an orphanage. He lives with Andre's mom. But, he is an orphan. They do not know who the father was, it's not on the birth papers. Andre's sister died of AIDS and signed over her rights to his mother. His mother is the one who filed for the birth papers last year.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
what's everyone been up ..bwoy i tell yuh Shauna and Jax can't wait to be in this moment of time...it come in like the months slowed down :)

wey English she is the photo lady..she can make them smaller for u guys :)

If one more person tell mi..mi no look pregnant mi a go scream..cause mi sure feel like it...fi a long time now

Enjoy it Kimmy. You know it's not going to last in the coming months.

girl..there is nothing to enjoy..i hate being pregnant 1st and 2nd time..i like when baby is here..too much worries while they're baking

Ditto that Kimmy. Thats why I only want one.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Jax--your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations again! I tell you, all these baby pics are making me wanna have one :yes::yes: How about this---since I can't have one til the hubby gets here (which is gonna be awhile)...y doesn't someone up here have a VJ baby and then those of us who don't have one yet can keep him/her until we're able to have one of our own!! :lol::lol: So, any volunteers!!!??

Thanks again :luv:

:rofl:

you want her tonight. The poor thing has the runs and is nursing like a pig. I wonder what I ate to make her sick. Thank goodness my mom is coming tomorrow to help me out why hubby goes to school. I need sleep like mad.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
i added some pics to yahoo.....enjoy :wub:

cute!! uhh so tired :wacko:

I need to go but a breast pump so hubby can feed her tomorrow night. Then we can take turns. To bad he has finals next week.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I know that is right. I hate every minute of being pregnant with both my kids. You may be the only other person I have ever heard say that.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo....you must not have listened to me!!!!

I hated EVERYTHING about being pregnant with both my sons, the ONLY thing that kept me going with my first was that I couldn't wait to see his face....With my second, I did actually feel love for him while pregnant (something that didn't happen with my first)...I actually thought there was something wrong with me, I was missing a maternal gene or something.....When my first was born, while I felt a strong instinct to take care of him, I didn't LOVE him which felt awful....Then, when he was may be six weeks old, it hit me like a TON of bricks how much I loved him....With this last baby, he was in hospital for two days after I was and when they discharged me on the Monday and said they were keeping him in, I cried for four hours lol.....

Whenever anyone says they're pregnant, I feel a shiver of thankfulness it ISN'T me :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

I need to go but a breast pump so hubby can feed her tomorrow night. Then we can take turns. To bad he has finals next week.

I wou;d advise you get an Avent one....Used that for both mine and they are EXCELLENT!

Buy some breast milk storage bags to freeze your milk and store it in your freezer.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

OK, have resized the pic for you, just quote my post and copy the image code starting with [ img ] 20b0k9e.jpg

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: Timeline

I wou;d advise you get an Avent one....Used that for both mine and they are EXCELLENT!

Buy some breast milk storage bags to freeze your milk and store it in your freezer.

I agree. I used the ADVENT pump religiously and at times I could get as much as 8oz from one breast. I pumped so much that my son was only on formal for a few months and during those few months I mixed the formula with the breast milk and he loved it. I would freeze mine, drop it in some warm water and it was good to go.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.