Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:ot:

First of all nice to see all the new Mama's online :D - Shauna a C-Section is no easy Chica...take your time and HEAL!!

Ok, look I am not trying to start ish...I remember the crazy Jena 6 convo we had a few months back and I don't want to go back there! But, something has been bothering me all day and I HAVE TO GET THIS OUT!!!

I AM MAD AS HELL!!! Can someone please explain to me how cops can fire 50 bullets and MURDER an unarmed man and WALK away without not even a bat of a lash? What get's me so upset is the cops ADMITTED that they did NOT identify themselves to Sean Bell and his Friends when they pulled out there weapons!!

So imagine one of our fiance's is coming out of a club the MORNING OF YOUR WEDDING!! You get into your car and you see 3-4 men in plain clothes pull out guns and say NOTHING!!!!! I'm sorry, I guess my a$$ would have been dead too, cause mi a tek foot han GONE!!!

I think that the African- American Community is so upset about this because this is not the 1st, 2nd, or even 20th time this has happened and the cops always walk without even saying "I'm Sorry, we killed your son in vain Mrs. Bell!"! Bwoy ladies, this is a VERY sad day indeed!

Bless-ed,

Gill

My problem with this is not the actions so much as the excessiveness of the actions. We all know police work is no easy task and a huge precentage of it is split second decisions and very little reaction time. I'm not questioning their use of force....they felt the force part necessary and since I was not there, who am I to say. But, the excessiveness of it is mind boggling. Could one guy not have shot him in the leg to take him down and then IF the situation warrented, shot to kill. 50 shots......Not only was that way beyond necessary....50 shots...is there any guarentee some of those weren't errant, hitting people not even involved in anything to do with this incident........I just hang my head in sadness at the whole thing.

There should never ever be any cheering in this kind of a situation.

There are cases when in the "heat of the moment" split second decisions and little reaction times dictacte this type of reaction from the police ; however this case was not one of those instances.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all nice to see all the new Mama's online :D - Shauna a C-Section is no easy Chica...take your time and HEAL!!

Ok, look I am not trying to start ish...I remember the crazy Jena 6 convo we had a few months back and I don't want to go back there! But, something has been bothering me all day and I HAVE TO GET THIS OUT!!!

I AM MAD AS HELL!!! Can someone please explain to me how cops can fire 50 bullets and MURDER an unarmed man and WALK away without not even a bat of a lash? What get's me so upset is the cops ADMITTED that they did NOT identify themselves to Sean Bell and his Friends when they pulled out there weapons!!

So imagine one of our fiance's is coming out of a club the MORNING OF YOUR WEDDING!! You get into your car and you see 3-4 men in plain clothes pull out guns and say NOTHING!!!!! I'm sorry, I guess my a$$ would have been dead too, cause mi a tek foot han GONE!!!

I think that the African- American Community is so upset about this because this is not the 1st, 2nd, or even 20th time this has happened and the cops always walk without even saying "I'm Sorry, we killed your son in vain Mrs. Bell!"! Bwoy ladies, this is a VERY sad day indeed!

Bless-ed,

Gill

The sad thing is that I expected those results. My former husband is a police officer and the whole law enforcement community is very tight.

I expected it as well - My grandfather was a cop, my Dad served on the police commission - The verdict is so wrong, and what makes it even worse is the fact that the police were CHEERING outside - Yet now they are supposed to go out in force and keep peace in the community? Regardless of the outcome, there were no winners in this situation - but in no way should they have gotten off - One or two bullets, maybe..... 50 bullets? No way can you claim that that was not excessive force.

Yes!!! this is so true, unfortunately the result was not a surprise, cops stick together and the justice system is just entirely flawed. This type of outcome just exemplifies why minorities, particularly black and latino men are fearful and not fond of cops. Such a shame. :angry:

Shauna, I'm waiting to see more baby pictures :whistle: I keep checking the Yahoo group every know and then :D .

I have to say that there are some beautiful babies and children on this thread.

:lol::lol: i got some good ones the other day....just a matter of downloading them onto the computer....i'm a little lazy these days :whistle:

jax.....it has been a slow recovering process....the area were i got the epidural has been hurting me...it is the muscles i think that are really sore....and the lower part of my stomach where the staples are is sore and at times has a pulling feeling....i can't wait to get these staples out....such a pain....

how are you doing??? what kind of c-section do you get?

I am fine. Still taking pain pills so the pain is bearable. I have no clue what kind of C-section it was but like you no vaginal birth for me if we have another. I don't have staples. They stitched me up.

I know this pic is very big so I will try to figure out how to make it smaller. This is her on her birthday. Hopefully I can change the pic Monday :whistle: .

Jax- what a cutie pie! I hope your recovery is going well (F)

3 of those cops involved were minorities.

Yes they were; I'm not sure what that has to do with anything though.

I know there are a few who met their SO's at the Holiday Inn Sunspree. I met Jax's husband and the rest of the band; and I think Jomo's husband worked there or at least someone who looks like him :unsure: ; and am looking for someone who worked there around 2003-2005. If your SO knows where "Brenda S-------" works or knows how I can get ahold of her now please p.m. with the details. On my last visit I didn't see her so I'm not sure if she still works there or not.

Thanks,

Michele

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Hey ladies;

On the shooting in NY.... it's a little too close to home for me. In 1992 I lost my boyfriend to a senseless shooting, because they thought he was pulling a gun and what he was reaching for was his police ID. This hurts me to my heart to this day. I know the police is here to protect and serve, but all I can say is God be with the BELL family. I was so young at the time and he was my best friend. Of course, the shooting was ruled accidental. SENSELESS....doesn't even begin to make sense to me anymore. The shooting shook the Jamaican community in NY, but we (his family) told the public...no baddah wid eeh...dem caan bring im back.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know there are a few who met their SO's at the Holiday Inn Sunspree. I met Jax's husband and the rest of the band; and I think Jomo's husband worked there or at least someone who looks like him :unsure: ; and am looking for someone who worked there around 2003-2005. If your SO knows where "Brenda S-------" works or knows how I can get ahold of her now please p.m. with the details. On my last visit I didn't see her so I'm not sure if she still works there or not.

Thanks,

Michele

Jomo says he doesn't remember a Brenda. Gill's hubby worked there too.

Next time we talk to Richard, who is still at HI, I'll ask him.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Hey ladies;

On the shooting in NY.... it's a little too close to home for me. In 1992 I lost my boyfriend to a senseless shooting, because they thought he was pulling a gun and what he was reaching for was his police ID. This hurts me to my heart to this day. I know the police is here to protect and serve, but all I can say is God be with the BELL family. I was so young at the time and he was my best friend. Of course, the shooting was ruled accidental. SENSELESS....doesn't even begin to make sense to me anymore. The shooting shook the Jamaican community in NY, but we (his family) told the public...no baddah wid eeh...dem caan bring im back.

Sorry to hear that.

Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

My problem with this is not the actions so much as the excessiveness of the actions. We all know police work is no easy task and a huge precentage of it is split second decisions and very little reaction time. I'm not questioning their use of force....they felt the force part necessary and since I was not there, who am I to say. But, the excessiveness of it is mind boggling. Could one guy not have shot him in the leg to take him down and then IF the situation warrented, shot to kill. 50 shots......Not only was that way beyond necessary....50 shots...is there any guarentee some of those weren't errant, hitting people not even involved in anything to do with this incident........I just hang my head in sadness at the whole thing.

There are cases when in the "heat of the moment" split second decisions and little reaction times dictacte this type of reaction from the police ; however this case was not one of those instances.

I disagree with that statement. From the official court transcripts......

... the confrontation that took place in front of the club was heated. The SUV owner, Fabio Coicou, gave the impression that he had a gun, causing at least one of the group to threaten to take it away from him.

And, the court finds, another threat was made by Joseph Guzman to retrieve a gun. At that point, nothing of a criminal nature had taken place. But, having witnessed that provocative confrontation between Mr. Coicou and the group, the undercover officers became concerned and followed the group around the corner to Liverpool Street.

Defendant Isnora approached the Nissan Altima into which Mr. Guzman and Sean Bell, two of the more active participants in the heated exchange, entered.

The Altima, which was driven by Mr. Bell, sped away from its parked position, struck Defendant Isnora and collided head on with the police van that had entered Liverpool Street. The Altima then went into reverse, backed up on to the

sidewalk, struck a gate and then went forward and to the right, striking the police van again. As this was happening, Defendant Isnora -- who testified in the grand jury -- observed Mr. Guzman, the front passenger, move his body as if he were reaching for a weapon. Defendant Isnora yelled, "Gun" and fired.

Other officers, indicted and unindicted, joined in from different locations on the street.

Again, I am not defending the excessiveness of it. Nor that it was a tragedy.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Thanks,

Michele

Thanks. I wish I had taken a picture with her. I was too busy taking pictures with all of the guys :whistle:

Timeline

Thanks,

Michele

Thanks. I wish I had taken a picture with her. I was too busy taking pictures with all of the guys :whistle:

What department was she in?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Bless-ed,

Gill

... the confrontation that took place in front of the club was heated. The SUV owner, Fabio Coicou, gave the impression that he had a gun, causing at least one of the group to threaten to take it away from him.

And, the court finds, another threat was made by Joseph Guzman to retrieve a gun. At that point, nothing of a criminal nature had taken place. But, having witnessed that provocative confrontation between Mr. Coicou and the group, the undercover officers became concerned and followed the group around the corner to Liverpool Street.

Defendant Isnora approached the Nissan Altima into which Mr. Guzman and Sean Bell, two of the more active participants in the heated exchange, entered.

The Altima, which was driven by Mr. Bell, sped away from its parked position, struck Defendant Isnora and collided head on with the police van that had entered Liverpool Street. The Altima then went into reverse, backed up on to the

sidewalk, struck a gate and then went forward and to the right, striking the police van again. As this was happening, Defendant Isnora -- who testified in the grand jury -- observed Mr. Guzman, the front passenger, move his body as if he were reaching for a weapon. Defendant Isnora yelled, "Gun" and fired.

Other officers, indicted and unindicted, joined in from different locations on the street.

I didn't think that you were defending the excessiveness of it.

I don't live in NY so I don't have the coverage that they have there, but from what I understand, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but these were undercover officers who did not identify themselves and shot an unarmed man. From what I've been reading the cops shot based on what they thought might happen. There are other ways to subdue someone. And unfortunately this is not the 1st time the NY city police "over reacted" on someone that was unarmed and non threatning. Tragedy indeed.

Thanks,

Michele

She worked in the main dining room where the buffet was. She was there on the morning shift. She was kind of shy but she had a beautiful smile (too me anyways).

@Jomo-I met Tristan there too.

I did meet one Richard there and I think a couple of Ricardo's. When I have time I'll have to scan some of my photos and send them to you so you can show your husband. I'm sure he'll recognize some of the guys. Tell him I thought that old guy who sold the carved wood items from the sea was absolutely beautiful :blush: . He looked so "god like" to me with that flowing hair. If you look at my avatar you can see him in the background.

ETA- you can't see him that well because of the size of the picture but if you saw the full picture you would be able to see him.

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks,

Michele

Hey Mich,

I did meet Ken at the HI Sunspree. He worked there from 1998-2008. He says he knew a few Brendas. (He's better with faces than names-If you have a picture post it or PM me.) I asked him if he knew Jomo for the last 6 months and he was like no. When he came up and he saw JG's wedding pic...he was like..."I KNOW DAT YUTE!!! A GOOD YUTE DAT!" He said that you can always call and ask to be transferred to the Main Dining room and ask for her. I can give you the number if you want!

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Hope that's somehow helpful.

P.P.S.- Ken wants to know why only my meez gets to shout? He says "Even his meez knows how it goes down!" :lol: :lol:

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Thanks,

Michele

Hey Mich,

I did meet Ken at the HI Sunspree. He worked there from 1998-2008. He says he knew a few Brendas. (He's better with faces than names-If you have a picture post it or PM me.) I asked him if he knew Jomo for the last 6 months and he was like no. When he came up and he saw JG's wedding pic...he was like..."I KNOW DAT YUTE!!! A GOOD YUTE DAT!" He said that you can always call and ask to be transferred to the Main Dining room and ask for her. I can give you the number if you want!

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Hope that's somehow helpful.

P.P.S.- Ken wants to know why only my meez gets to shout? He says "Even his meez knows how it goes down!" :lol: :lol:

I don't have a picture but I'll pm you with additional information. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

For me, the worst part is everytime something like this happens...Amadou Dialo, Eleanor Bumpers, Rodney King, etc. It just kills a little piece inside of me. As a Mom of two African-American Males it worries me that their lives aren't as valued as others. And yes, 3 cops on trila were minorities. I think it's that 'Behind the Blue Shield' attitude that has to change. Like you said Mich, They DID NOT identify themselves and like JG said..."FIFTY SHOTS!!!", One of the officers actually had enough time to empty his weapon of bullets and re-loaded it only to empty it a 2nd time!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.