Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shauna, I'm waiting to see more baby pictures :whistle: I keep checking the Yahoo group every know and then :D .

I have to say that there are some beautiful babies and children on this thread.

:lol::lol: i got some good ones the other day....just a matter of downloading them onto the computer....i'm a little lazy these days :whistle:

jax.....it has been a slow recovering process....the area were i got the epidural has been hurting me...it is the muscles i think that are really sore....and the lower part of my stomach where the staples are is sore and at times has a pulling feeling....i can't wait to get these staples out....such a pain....

how are you doing??? what kind of c-section do you get?

I am fine. Still taking pain pills so the pain is bearable. I have no clue what kind of C-section it was but like you no vaginal birth for me if we have another. I don't have staples. They stitched me up.

I know this pic is very big so I will try to figure out how to make it smaller. This is her on her birthday. Hopefully I can change the pic Monday :whistle: .

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Shauna, I'm waiting to see more baby pictures :whistle: I keep checking the Yahoo group every know and then :D .

:lol::lol: i got some good ones the other day....just a matter of downloading them onto the computer....i'm a little lazy these days :whistle:

jax.....it has been a slow recovering process....the area were i got the epidural has been hurting me...it is the muscles i think that are really sore....and the lower part of my stomach where the staples are is sore and at times has a pulling feeling....i can't wait to get these staples out....such a pain....

I am fine. Still taking pain pills so the pain is bearable. I have no clue what kind of C-section it was but like you no vaginal birth for me if we have another. I don't have staples. They stitched me up.

I know this pic is very big so I will try to figure out how to make it smaller. This is her on her birthday. Hopefully I can change the pic Monday :whistle: .

:luv: Jax-she is beautiful. What a doll...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

First of all nice to see all the new Mama's online :D - Shauna a C-Section is no easy Chica...take your time and HEAL!!

Ok, look I am not trying to start ish...I remember the crazy Jena 6 convo we had a few months back and I don't want to go back there! But, something has been bothering me all day and I HAVE TO GET THIS OUT!!!

I AM MAD AS HELL!!! Can someone please explain to me how cops can fire 50 bullets and MURDER an unarmed man and WALK away without not even a bat of a lash? What get's me so upset is the cops ADMITTED that they did NOT identify themselves to Sean Bell and his Friends when they pulled out there weapons!!

So imagine one of our fiance's is coming out of a club the MORNING OF YOUR WEDDING!! You get into your car and you see 3-4 men in plain clothes pull out guns and say NOTHING!!!!! I'm sorry, I guess my a$$ would have been dead too, cause mi a tek foot han GONE!!!

I think that the African- American Community is so upset about this because this is not the 1st, 2nd, or even 20th time this has happened and the cops always walk without even saying "I'm Sorry, we killed your son in vain Mrs. Bell!"! Bwoy ladies, this is a VERY sad day indeed!

Bless-ed,

Gill

The sad thing is that I expected those results. My former husband is a police officer and the whole law enforcement community is very tight.

I expected it as well - My grandfather was a cop, my Dad served on the police commission - The verdict is so wrong, and what makes it even worse is the fact that the police were CHEERING outside - Yet now they are supposed to go out in force and keep peace in the community? Regardless of the outcome, there were no winners in this situation - but in no way should they have gotten off - One or two bullets, maybe..... 50 bullets? No way can you claim that that was not excessive force.

Yes!!! this is so true, unfortunately the result was not a surprise, cops stick together and the justice system is just entirely flawed. This type of outcome just exemplifies why minorities, particularly black and latino men are fearful and not fond of cops. Such a shame. :angry:

Jax- what a cutie pie! I hope your recovery is going well (F)

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jax, congrats again on your beautiful bundle of joy. She is beautiful!!! :luv::luv: She is wide eyed and seems ready to conquer the world. Take care and enjoy. :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

She's beautiful!! Congrats to both of you! Take it easy and rest and heal.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Awwww Jax..she is adorable :thumbs:

Gilli..mi did a pray inna di back a mi mind that this wouldn't turn out to be this way...but mi did know.

This whole justice system is an absolute mess !! what the hell warrants 50 bullets to a person who had no weapon just spoken words..and you suppose to represent law and order are you kidding me....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

jax she is a cutie!!! i wish Kaila would have kept her eyes open when we tried to get her pic taken....

after a "c" take it nice and slow and easy....the first couple of days were horrible for me....it is getting a little easier i still have some pain and my back is killing me...i can feel where they stuck the epidural twice(first time didn't work) and plus all my labor pains were in my back....can't wait till i get better and go to the chiropractor....

Timeline

First of all nice to see all the new Mama's online :D - Shauna a C-Section is no easy Chica...take your time and HEAL!!

Ok, look I am not trying to start ish...I remember the crazy Jena 6 convo we had a few months back and I don't want to go back there! But, something has been bothering me all day and I HAVE TO GET THIS OUT!!!

I AM MAD AS HELL!!! Can someone please explain to me how cops can fire 50 bullets and MURDER an unarmed man and WALK away without not even a bat of a lash? What get's me so upset is the cops ADMITTED that they did NOT identify themselves to Sean Bell and his Friends when they pulled out there weapons!!

So imagine one of our fiance's is coming out of a club the MORNING OF YOUR WEDDING!! You get into your car and you see 3-4 men in plain clothes pull out guns and say NOTHING!!!!! I'm sorry, I guess my a$$ would have been dead too, cause mi a tek foot han GONE!!!

I think that the African- American Community is so upset about this because this is not the 1st, 2nd, or even 20th time this has happened and the cops always walk without even saying "I'm Sorry, we killed your son in vain Mrs. Bell!"! Bwoy ladies, this is a VERY sad day indeed!

Bless-ed,

Gill

i think the whole situation is horrible....i think the cops should be held responsible for what happend...instead of a "oh we are sorry" I feel horrible for the family....

Timeline

A beautiful love story posted on Negril.com today -

A man who has been married 19 years to his JA love:

http://www.negril.com/discus/messages/103/...html?1209239138

Edited by sus

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
where is iriecat..haven't seen her in a while..wasn't her interview soon ?

Hey Chica,

I checked on her the other day...She is in St. Lucia til next week!

Jax,

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DOLL!!! Beautiful little Girl!! Enjoy her and TAKE IT EASY!!!!

Blessed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

My problem with this is not the actions so much as the excessiveness of the actions. We all know police work is no easy task and a huge precentage of it is split second decisions and very little reaction time. I'm not questioning their use of force....they felt the force part necessary and since I was not there, who am I to say. But, the excessiveness of it is mind boggling. Could one guy not have shot him in the leg to take him down and then IF the situation warrented, shot to kill. 50 shots......Not only was that way beyond necessary....50 shots...is there any guarentee some of those weren't errant, hitting people not even involved in anything to do with this incident........I just hang my head in sadness at the whole thing.

There should never ever be any cheering in this kind of a situation.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

The sad thing is that I expected those results. My former husband is a police officer and the whole law enforcement community is very tight.

I expected it as well - My grandfather was a cop, my Dad served on the police commission - The verdict is so wrong, and what makes it even worse is the fact that the police were CHEERING outside - Yet now they are supposed to go out in force and keep peace in the community? Regardless of the outcome, there were no winners in this situation - but in no way should they have gotten off - One or two bullets, maybe..... 50 bullets? No way can you claim that that was not excessive force.

Yes!!! this is so true, unfortunately the result was not a surprise, cops stick together and the justice system is just entirely flawed. This type of outcome just exemplifies why minorities, particularly black and latino men are fearful and not fond of cops. Such a shame. :angry:

Jax- what a cutie pie! I hope your recovery is going well (F)

3 of those cops involved were minorities.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.