Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyone have any good ideas (even if small) as to what I can do to welcome Marla home? Me and my son (8yr old - whom she has never met) will be going to pick her up at the airport and then we are going to Red Lobster (she has always heard about it and wants to eat there - she loves shrimp) and then home. I planned on having some roses there for her. Any other great ideas?

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone have any good ideas (even if small) as to what I can do to welcome Marla home? Me and my son (8yr old - whom she has never met) will be going to pick her up at the airport and then we are going to Red Lobster (she has always heard about it and wants to eat there - she loves shrimp) and then home. I planned on having some roses there for her. Any other great ideas?

Ah.....Red Lobster. Hubby loved it the first time we went. Hated it the second and now refuses to go anymore.

How about some pampering items? My husband had no opportunites to take a bath in JA. He loved his first bath with bubbles, a bath bomb, lotion, a glass of wine and some music in the bathroom. He still does this on a fairly regular basis.

We also took the long way home from the airport so he could get a short look at the city on the way home.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Mawning Family...(or Afternoon at this point :blush: ),

JG,

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt...your Fam are in my prayers.

Quanie...have a safe trip...enjoy!

Sus-ie...6:45!!!! BE OUT GURL!!!!

Lawny, Happy registration!! I remember that day vividly for my youngest! I was like "YEAAAAA...no more DAYCARE COSTS!!!"

Luvtravlin-thanks for the hotel info..I'm looking forward to the RIU MoBay...(Especially the 'Introductory Prices' :lol:) & I like the idea of a 'Mental Health' Day for the kids...never thought of that. Lawd knows I LOVE my Mental Health days! :lol:

To everyone else...Any plans for the weekend?

Bless,

Gill

SOCCER, SOCCER and MORE soccer !!! My son has a game at 10:30 tomorrow morning (2 hrs from home) so we need to leave the house around 7:15 AM, ugh. We're going to Blast Championship Game Party tomorrow night in downtown Baltimore at the ESPN Zone. The professional team I do the travel for is playing in the Finals in Milwaukee. Then another soccer game my son has on Sunday at 4:30pm an hour 1/2 from home. Their team is also down 3 players, so they'll only have 1 sub....my boy will be exhausted come Sunday night !!

I hope everyone has a great weekend !

Timeline

Ah.....Red Lobster. Hubby loved it the first time we went. Hated it the second and now refuses to go anymore.

How about some pampering items? My husband had no opportunites to take a bath in JA. He loved his first bath with bubbles, a bath bomb, lotion, a glass of wine and some music in the bathroom. He still does this on a fairly regular basis.

We also took the long way home from the airport so he could get a short look at the city on the way home.

I'm glad you mentioned that....b/c I just bought a new house and it has this big garden tub w/ jacuzzi. I will some candles, music, bubbles, and flowers in there.

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm glad you mentioned that....b/c I just bought a new house and it has this big garden tub w/ jacuzzi. I will some candles, music, bubbles, and flowers in there.

Sounds L-O-V-E-L-Y!!! Maybe write her little notes on how happy you are to be together finally! Ken did that for me and it was sweet...he put one in my wallet, one in my make-up bag, one under my pillow....about 10 notes in all. Each note had a different reason or thing for why he loved & appreciated me, or what he wanted to do for us as a family. It was sweet. I don't know when he did it...but I was still finding notes up til a week ago.

Whatever you decide to do...JUST ENJOY EACH OTHER!!! :luv::luv:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds L-O-V-E-L-Y!!! Maybe write her little notes on how happy you are to be together finally! Ken did that for me and it was sweet...he put one in my wallet, one in my make-up bag, one under my pillow....about 10 notes in all. Each note had a different reason or thing for why he loved & appreciated me, or what he wanted to do for us as a family. It was sweet. I don't know when he did it...but I was still finding notes up til a week ago.

Bless,

Gill

Gill........That gave me chills up and down my arms........Bless Ken!........I wish you and him and boys and father (lol)........ :thumbs: ......the best...........BIG SMILES!

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline

Sounds great - Another thought would be to stock the house with some Jamaican products - food stuff that she would have at home, in order to ease the transition - if you don't have a JA store near you, you can shop online at sams247.com - Also, how about picking up some information about your town / area - History, activities, things to do - Stuff for her to read and familiarize herself with the area. One of my exes moved from another state to be near me - While he was looking for work, I bought him a street map and got some tourist info - I would come home from work, and he would have either planned out the activities for us for the weekend (and mapped the route) or gone driving around and found new restaurants / shops/ etc... that he wanted to try.

Bless,

Gill

Gill, that is soo soo sweet!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

The only thing I have to say about the buying food information is that Andre liked it so much better that he got to go with me to the international store and farmer's market to pick out exactly what he liked and wanted to cook. He familiarized himself with what we had to offer and how to get there to get it.

Speaking of foods.....any of you heard of some mommy (not sure of spelling) tree or bush? Andre said it's like cantelope only green inside. Would this be our honeydew? Or something else? Sometimes he is so vague about things, I have hard time wrapping my mind around it. He said the only time he ever had it was in country. Can we get this here?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
The only thing I have to say about the buying food information is that Andre liked it so much better that he got to go with me to the international store and farmer's market to pick out exactly what he liked and wanted to cook. He familiarized himself with what we had to offer and how to get there to get it.

Speaking of foods.....any of you heard of some mommy (not sure of spelling) tree or bush? Andre said it's like cantelope only green inside. Would this be our honeydew? Or something else? Sometimes he is so vague about things, I have hard time wrapping my mind around it. He said the only time he ever had it was in country. Can we get this here?

I found this through google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammee_apple

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Thanks, girlfriend. Exactly what I needed to know. Now, I'm off to see if I can find some around here anywhere or have a friend in Florida ship some up. Thanks again.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thanks, girlfriend. Exactly what I needed to know. Now, I'm off to see if I can find some around here anywhere or have a friend in Florida ship some up. Thanks again.

What is it with Airpak........I have been trying to call since 9am this morning.......both numbers that I have for the local office I need........still ringing busy.....busy.....busy.......I have done more personal work today than anything......I have only rented two cars in a 8 hr shift........ :crying: ......I hate slow days.......

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline

the first time i went shopping for him, i bought home the wrong pepper. he should have told me, he wanted scotch bonnet pepper. Instead my man is like bring me some country pepper. huh?

ok, lol, mr jengles told me on saturday he don't like american beef, because it doesn't have any gristle :wacko: mind u I cooked beef that was cut up already. So on Sunday, I threw the big A$$ pork chops into the pan, (the big flat ones that I normally might cut the meat off) and him get vex because him tell mi say don't cook nuff and I LISTENED to him, but those he wanted more off.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Happy birthday today, Miss ChristineJames.

Just saw that today was the big day. I hope it is a good one, Jill. I'd say don't drink too much; but (shrug) I know you! Be safe!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Marla seen the same lady that gave her a hard time the last time she went...but the lady was as nice as could be, there was no problems and she got approved. I get to see my baby in 2 weeks. Thank you so much for the prayers.

Congrats :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.