Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Jason and Marla!!!! THat is wonderful news!

Jengs, sorry to hear about your friend - Typically, with bail, you would go to a bail bondsman - you pay them around 10% of the total bail and they put up a bond worth the bail.

ok thanks, they are trying to reduce the bail, we'll find out tomorrow.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: OK, can oonuh tell I don't feel like working right now. It is dyam near 80 degrees outside in NY today and just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!! Ken walked to my job after going to the Dept. of Labor and took me out for lunch...it was SOOOO dyam hard to come back inside!

Anybody else catch 'Spring Fever'? :whistle:

Gill

I'm with you Gill! I was out in my kayak on Saturday with MAJOR spring fever (even though I was dodging the ice chunks like the Titantic) as it was 78 here.

Has it been hard to get up and go to work knowing Ken is home?

BTW - how is coaching working for him?

:lol: It's working out ok...Bad News Bears of Soccer haven't won any games yet...but they are at least passing to the right team member. Ken has those boys in check...he's patient , but firm...he makes them run run a half mile for warm up and then do drills. Then they play team vs. coaches. My son is LOVING it...he sometimes has to translate. But they are beginning to understand Ken. All of their parents love him and tell him stories about Jamaica. One of the parents asked Ken if he brought up any Ganja with him...cause he'd be interested in buying! Then went on to til Ken that the best weed he ever smoked was in JA. at a 'High Times' conference! Ken was like... :huh::blink:...'O-K...TMI!!' :lol: Some people are so dyam crazy!!

But it's ALL good!

Gill

WHAT A MAD RASS fi ask dat. Im shoudah seh yeah man, but mi bun all a it...damn ediat fi ask such a quesiton.

Yuh see mi...I live in a town like Agrestic from the showtime series 'Weeds'...people are just MAD...han nuh ave no dyam sense! Like 'HELLO...NOT EVERY JAMAICAN SMOKES WEED!!!!!'

Damn it now you have Little Boxes on the Hillside running through my head. That is my FAVORITE show!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:... I LOVE THAT SHOW!! Although, I missed a good part of last season! The guy that asked Ken for the weed looks exactly like the ex-mayor of Agrestic (the one before Queen of Mean KAren) took over. :lol:

Bless,Gill

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Marla seen the same lady that gave her a hard time the last time she went...but the lady was as nice as could be, there was no problems and she got approved. I get to see my baby in 2 weeks. Thank you so much for the prayers.

YIPPPPEEEE!!!!! FINALLY!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATS JASON & MARLA!!!!

Long overdue!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies!

Congrats Jax We need pics...

Congrats Marla/Jason......

Shrewdie, hang in there girlie...

Everyone else, hope things are going well....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardies!

Congrats Jax We need pics...

Congrats Marla/Jason......

Shrewdie, hang in there girlie...

Everyone else, hope things are going well....

YOu guys are such an encouragement. This process seems to just kill hope. a january filer was approved today :( Im glad for them...sad for me. hahahah

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Congrats Belwin!!!!!!!!!!!!

COngrats Jason and MArla, I KNOW you've been biting your nails, you can FINALLY relax!!!!

Jengles, my prayers are with you...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jax had her baby this morning. (L) Mother and daughter are doing just fine. I'm sure she will post pictures when she is able.

CONGRATS JAX!!!! MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU, HUBBY AND YOUR NEW ADDITION!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Marla seen the same lady that gave her a hard time the last time she went...but the lady was as nice as could be, there was no problems and she got approved. I get to see my baby in 2 weeks. Thank you so much for the prayers.

Fantastic news Jason. So happy for you guys!

Hi All,

I'm all over the place right now, one of my friends could be in deep deep trouble, please pray that the judge is lenient until the truth can be reveled.

thanks

WOW....Jengy, dat don't sound good ATALL! Just be the good friend we know you are to your friend.

Your in my prayers!

Gill

the judge was lenient but we are clueless as to how bail works...when the set bail do u pay the whole thing or just a percentage.

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats

It's usually 10% of the bail, Jengles. Depends on the charge though.

Congrats to Jason and Marla!!!

:ot: To all you vets who have gone through this process. Today I received a piece of mail from Kingston with "APPT" on the envelope and which seems like package #4. It includes as the cover page with the information for his visa interview and went on to say that "this letter must be presented upon your arrival at the office on your appointment date."

It looks nothing like the letter we received from the NVC with his interview appointment and it also included an "immigrant visa checklist, the DS-230, medical history and physical info and info about scheduling your medical exam and photo and vaccination requirements."

What do you guys think about this? I have already sent Mike the appointment letter with the enclosures that I received from the NVC and he received it last week Tuesday and was able to get his medical done on Wednesday. Should I just ignore this? Maybe they sent it because I had e-mailed them with my concern of not receiving the letter in time for the medical to be done 10-14 days before the interview????

Any ideas and did anyone, that was the agent, receive this mail from Kingston?

Sounds like what we had to take the interview with us. I would send it to him.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: OK, can oonuh tell I don't feel like working right now. It is dyam near 80 degrees outside in NY today and just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!! Ken walked to my job after going to the Dept. of Labor and took me out for lunch...it was SOOOO dyam hard to come back inside!

Anybody else catch 'Spring Fever'? :whistle:

Gill

I'm with you Gill! I was out in my kayak on Saturday with MAJOR spring fever (even though I was dodging the ice chunks like the Titantic) as it was 78 here.

Has it been hard to get up and go to work knowing Ken is home?

BTW - how is coaching working for him?

:lol: It's working out ok...Bad News Bears of Soccer haven't won any games yet...but they are at least passing to the right team member. Ken has those boys in check...he's patient , but firm...he makes them run run a half mile for warm up and then do drills. Then they play team vs. coaches. My son is LOVING it...he sometimes has to translate. But they are beginning to understand Ken. All of their parents love him and tell him stories about Jamaica. One of the parents asked Ken if he brought up any Ganja with him...cause he'd be interested in buying! Then went on to til Ken that the best weed he ever smoked was in JA. at a 'High Times' conference! Ken was like... :huh::blink:...'O-K...TMI!!' :lol: Some people are so dyam crazy!!

But it's ALL good!

Gill

WHAT A MAD RASS fi ask dat. Im shoudah seh yeah man, but mi bun all a it...damn ediat fi ask such a quesiton.

Yuh see mi...I live in a town like Agrestic from the showtime series 'Weeds'...people are just MAD...han nuh ave no dyam sense! Like 'HELLO...NOT EVERY JAMAICAN SMOKES WEED!!!!!'

Damn it now you have Little Boxes on the Hillside running through my head. That is my FAVORITE show!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:... I LOVE THAT SHOW!! Although, I missed a good part of last season! The guy that asked Ken for the weed looks exactly like the ex-mayor of Agrestic (the one before Queen of Mean KAren) took over. :lol:

Bless,Gill

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPPPEEEE!!!!! FINALLY!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATS JASON & MARLA!!!!

Long overdue!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Kevin Nealon? Yah, I think that is who it is. Last season was awesome. We watched it all ON DEMAND in a row. We would sit and watch hours of it at a time. I love, love, LOVE that show.

Ha ha.....now that I think about it, that is way too funny!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Congratulations Jax & Dwain on the healthy baby!!

Congratulations Jason & Marla...Jason, you all can finally move on with your lives...YAY!!

Well, I'm headed off to work...it' going to be such a beautiful day outside...I don't even wanna go!! Definitely tipping out early

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations Jason & Marla...Jason, you all can finally move on with your lives...YAY!!

Well, I'm headed off to work...it' going to be such a beautiful day outside...I don't even wanna go!! Definitely tipping out early

I'm telling. Have a great day. I'm leaving work at noon today. I can't believe my son is ready for school. Have to get him registered TODAY and I'm so excited. I just had him July 2003. Happiest day of my life. I didn't know you could love someone so much, until I had him. The other day he looks at me and tells me I'm pretty, then 2 minutes later tells me "MOMMY you've got a BIG baxide like my teacher." His new phrase is "U FACTEY". It changes everyday. Sometimes I wonder how many different things we as WOMEN can handle at once; and when I ask myself that, I just take a moment and pray it out. The last week has been crazy in my life, but I can only take a hold and control what I can. The rest, I leave up to GOD.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Question ladies & gents: If my husband wanted to buy a plane ticket from JA to the Bahamas, does he have to have a direct flight? Can he have any US connections? (like Miami) or can he only connect in Kingston since all he has is a passport? Trying to find some good tix for our trip next month, and not sure what he's able to do or not do. Thanks.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Question ladies & gents: If my husband wanted to buy a plane ticket from JA to the Bahamas, does he have to have a direct flight? Can he have any US connections? (like Miami) or can he only connect in Kingston since all he has is a passport? Trying to find some good tix for our trip next month, and not sure what he's able to do or not do. Thanks.

No, he cannot step foot in the US (even in a connecting airport) without a valid visa. On all international flights, you have to go through immigration. He would not be allowed through without a visa. So, yes, he must go direct to the Bahamas, in this case. +

Tre....I know how you feel. One reason I go to Church is because the Mass is always the same basic format. When my life is spinning out of control, I need something that is always predictible.

Also, Andre sometimes chides me for paying so much attention and stressing about something I can control. I'm like, hush, this is the one thing I know what the outcome will be. Just let me have that.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm telling. Have a great day. I'm leaving work at noon today. I can't believe my son is ready for school. Have to get him registered TODAY and I'm so excited. I just had him July 2003. Happiest day of my life. I didn't know you could love someone so much, until I had him. The other day he looks at me and tells me I'm pretty, then 2 minutes later tells me "MOMMY you've got a BIG baxide like my teacher." His new phrase is "U FACTEY". It changes everyday. Sometimes I wonder how many different things we as WOMEN can handle at once; and when I ask myself that, I just take a moment and pray it out. The last week has been crazy in my life, but I can only take a hold and control what I can. The rest, I leave up to GOD.

aww, that's so nice :luv:

it is definitely too nice to stay indoors yet again today.. I will most likely leave work early which means around 6pm.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.