Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ladies;

What would have done back in the 90s when (we have to stand up at a line at a pay phone to call the US). They hadn't installed phones in my section of Trelawny yet. Cell phones are helpful, but bway sometimes all dem do is bring more headache

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm sorry Shrewdie. I hope it all works out as you wish.

Ditto Chica...Hang in there! The wait is dyam near PAINFUL!!!! I used to play the 'before that ' & the 'this is the last' game, when I waited. Like I know Ken has got to be here 'before' Thanksgiving 2008 or 'this is the last' time I'll turn the clock back without Ken. Lawd, somedays the game was in FULL EFFECT and others I only had 1 or 2 thoughts. I know it probably sounds silly, but it gave me hope and faith to hang on.

Love ya,

Gill

That is so true........I still have my Christmas tree up and decorated with the stockings still hanging by the fireplace...... :blink: ......AM I CRAZY OR WHAT?.........Told him that I would keep it up til he comes home....... :crying: .......Good thing it is a blasted artificial one........ :whistle:

Peace & Love,

Tonya

I could not stand my tree up that long.

Jason.......any word from Marla yet?

Not yet.......this has to be one of the worst feelings...(waiting to hear something). I wish I could have went to the interview, but too many trips in the past year.

Hang in there. Soon come!

I am so sick of looking at it now......Not only is the tree and stockings still up......but the whole blasted Christmas village in the bay window as well........ :blink: ......

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DIT-TO!!!! Cyan't tell yuh ow many times Ken heard ... "Look, I'm not running hup my minutes so you can talk to so and so...when yuh cyan spare me a minute...CALL ME BACK!!" or "I CYAN'T HEAR YOU...lackhoff every B.C. ting or call mi back when it's quiet!" Ken never really lost his phones...but Lawd, I never realized how much technology it took to make and recieve a phone call! We had bad phones...always bloody well breaking. And there's the time 18 month (at the time) old KJ LOST the megaphone...Don't even get me started! :angry: ...to say I was vex would be putting it mildly. I can so relate Shrewdie & Sus-ie...that cell phone felt like my life line most times!

Gill

It really is our life-line. I totally understand how maddening it must be - especially if they lose them. My friends pick on me about my phone being like appendage! I'm not losing mine (except the time I threw it in the garbage at Wendy's, but I didn't lose it - knew right where it was!)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi All,

I'm all over the place right now, one of my friends could be in deep deep trouble, please pray that the judge is lenient until the truth can be reveled.

thanks

WOW....Jengy, dat don't sound good ATALL! Just be the good friend we know you are to your friend.

Your in my prayers!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Jason.......any word from Marla yet?

Not yet.......this has to be one of the worst feelings...(waiting to hear something). I wish I could have went to the interview, but too many trips in the past year.

Hang in there J....sending positive thoughts and vibes for you right now, Brother!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gilli wah Ken a gwaan wid a day time ?

Jomo..how's Andre and his new position

JAX>>BIG CONGRATS TO YOU !! :dance: can't wait to see pics :)

Tonya yuh good cause mi woulda dash weh dat blasted tree aready !! :lol:

Yaads girll.....I miss yuh !!

Marie ..mi play wid di registry everyday..IT'S SOO MUCH FUN :) is like a mi 1st all ova again :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hola Fam,

Thanks for helping me with the SSn questions. My Dad took Ken to the NYS Dept. of Labor today. Ken was interviewed by a lady that told him that he had to get a paper authorizing him to work from DHS.. I told him 'No, you don't that's what the EAD is! " The blinking ooman insisted that the EAD stamp wasn't enough. I called her and explained that according to my attorneys (Yardie VJ Family ;) ), that all he needs is his SSN card and the EAD stamp. She put me on hold and said she spoke with her supervisor and my attorneys are CORRECT! :no: So thanks again.

Lawny, I used to have a supervior called Mavis and Bwoy most days she really looked Mad fi true! So, heverytime I see you write dat mi haffi laff han seh Bwoy she cyan't look as bad as DAT MAVIS!!! :lol:

Hush Chica and repeat my mantra..."This too shall pass!"

Bless-ed,

Gill

Congrats on the SSN card. And good luck to Ken job hunting :thumbs:

Timeline

:ot: OK, can oonuh tell I don't feel like working right now. It is dyam near 80 degrees outside in NY today and just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!! Ken walked to my job after going to the Dept. of Labor and took me out for lunch...it was SOOOO dyam hard to come back inside!

Anybody else catch 'Spring Fever'? :whistle:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

girl..mi tooo...mi come home fi lunch and bwoy..mi no waan go back !! good ting mi can open mi window a work..cause if not it woulda mad mi !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
:ot: OK, can oonuh tell I don't feel like working right now. It is dyam near 80 degrees outside in NY today and just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!! Ken walked to my job after going to the Dept. of Labor and took me out for lunch...it was SOOOO dyam hard to come back inside!

Anybody else catch 'Spring Fever'? :whistle:

Gill

I'm with you Gill! I was out in my kayak on Saturday with MAJOR spring fever (even though I was dodging the ice chunks like the Titantic) as it was 78 here.

Has it been hard to get up and go to work knowing Ken is home?

BTW - how is coaching working for him?

Timeline
Island..weh yuh seh Whitehall deh again..(icebergs :wacko::rofl: )

4 hrs north-east of you. Ever hear them mention the Adirondacks on the news? I'm just outside of Adirondack part - on the Vermont border.

Timeline

Andre's still in the not officially training period. He has to be a shift leader for some stupid amount of time before they will officially call assistant manager in training. He did get some good news over the weekend. His manager said the assistant they are currently training is not working out, after 2 months of training. That means, IF she doesn't get any better, he will train and stay in his current store. Otherwise, he has to transfer. Only one assistant per store.

Yesterday, he started working part-time for the boyfriend of a gal I work with here, in his lawn care business. Last night, he wanted to start our own business. Whatever!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Gilli wah Ken a gwaan wid a day time ?

Jomo..how's Andre and his new position

JAX>>BIG CONGRATS TO YOU !! :dance: can't wait to see pics :)

Tonya yuh good cause mi woulda dash weh dat blasted tree aready !! :lol:

Yaads girll.....I miss yuh !!

Marie ..mi play wid di registry everyday..IT'S SOO MUCH FUN :) is like a mi 1st all ova again :lol:

Gurl, weh yuh been? Dat place still ave deh computer dem pon lock?

My father & kids are keeping Ken very busy. It look like em a really rate Ken. All I hear is "I was gonna tek Ken here tiddeh." or " Bwoy, mi wouldda love if Ken couldda help mi duh some electrical work dung hat deh church." "Is wat Ken han yuh ave planned fuh weekend...cause mi tink em wouldda love fi guh ah deh cricket tournament wid mi!" I'm like "HELLO...he's my playmate...NOT YOURS!!" :lol: "Memba, he has TEN kids inna deh country!" :lol: My Dad just laughs and says..."Yeah, mi nuh tink hennyting guh suh...em is a good yute!" Plus, my kids are off from school this week for Passover. So Ken was keeping them entertained. Thank G-d, they went to camp today!

Ken & I usually get to catch up at bedtime. Which I'm used to from when he was in JA. ...The more things change...:lol: It's all good though. I know how good he is...it's the rest of the family's time to find out now.

How's Kash and Mora doing? I miss you and yuh mad-eeks self!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
DIT-TO!!!! Cyan't tell yuh ow many times Ken heard ... "Look, I'm not running hup my minutes so you can talk to so and so...when yuh cyan spare me a minute...CALL ME BACK!!" or "I CYAN'T HEAR YOU...lackhoff every B.C. ting or call mi back when it's quiet!" Ken never really lost his phones...but Lawd, I never realized how much technology it took to make and recieve a phone call! We had bad phones...always bloody well breaking. And there's the time 18 month (at the time) old KJ LOST the megaphone...Don't even get me started! :angry: ...to say I was vex would be putting it mildly. I can so relate Shrewdie & Sus-ie...that cell phone felt like my life line most times!

Gill

It really is our life-line. I totally understand how maddening it must be - especially if they lose them. My friends pick on me about my phone being like appendage! I'm not losing mine (except the time I threw it in the garbage at Wendy's, but I didn't lose it - knew right where it was!)

I am the one that is always "losing" a phone for some reason or other and not having access to any phone numbers is maddening..Thankfully RG always has one of my really good friends phone number to check on me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.