Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm all over the place right now, one of my friends could be in deep deep trouble, please pray that the judge is lenient until the truth can be reveled.

thanks

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh...I forgot to tell ya'll...

Ken got his SS card on Monday!!! He was so dyam happy! He is hitting the job trail tomorrow! Fingers crossed that someone is willing to work with us until we can file his AOS and get his permanent SS & Green Card!

The SS card says "Valid for Work only...with authorization from DHS" Which I believe is where the EAD stamp comes in.

Questions:

1). Is the EAD stamp the 'authorization they are referring to?

2). Does anyone know if the SS number will change once he gets his permanent SS Card?

Cause I know people that are trying to link him up with a job...but it will be a problem if they start and continue to take $$ out of his check for this SSN during the AOS waiting time...only to find out his SSN changed.

DO my questions make sense? :blink::wacko:

Thanks & bless-ed, Gill

Great news on the SS card Gill. :dance: Good luck to Ken and finding a job. His card # will definately remain the same, just have to get a new card after all this immigration stuff is over and done with. :thumbs:

Good morning all (almost forgot my manners today). What a beautiful sunny day we are having here in NC. I hope you all are having a beautiful day and hope that your day be fulfilling and productive.

Good Morning Claire,

Your time is coming. I'm so happy for you.

My fiance's friend has a follow-up appointment at the embassy this morning and he text me and told me that it looks like the guard that pulled my dress at the embassy went back to work today. He should have been FIRED! But I didn't want to push any buttons since the interview wasn't scheduled yet and no approval. I'm still very much upset about it.

My sister had a scare yesterday it took them 2 hours to find the baby's heartbeat and entire time my mom kept suggesting that they turned my sis and they refused. So, the doctor comes in and asked "didyou try to turn her" soon as they did that they found the heart beat. I was so scary. So, please keep my sis in your prayers. My little brother is doing okay. He went back to work yesterday.

I managed to get 3 hours sleep last night. Haven't slept since Monday. I look like MAD MAVIS!

Hola Fam,

Thanks for helping me with the SSn questions. My Dad took Ken to the NYS Dept. of Labor today. Ken was interviewed by a lady that told him that he had to get a paper authorizing him to work from DHS.. I told him 'No, you don't that's what the EAD is! " The blinking ooman insisted that the EAD stamp wasn't enough. I called her and explained that according to my attorneys (Yardie VJ Family ;) ), that all he needs is his SSN card and the EAD stamp. She put me on hold and said she spoke with her supervisor and my attorneys are CORRECT! :no: So thanks again.

Lawny, I used to have a supervior called Mavis and Bwoy most days she really looked Mad fi true! So, heverytime I see you write dat mi haffi laff han seh Bwoy she cyan't look as bad as DAT MAVIS!!! :lol:

Hush Chica and repeat my mantra..."This too shall pass!"

Bless-ed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi All,

I'm all over the place right now, one of my friends could be in deep deep trouble, please pray that the judge is lenient until the truth can be reveled.

thanks

I'm sorry, Jengs. I hope it all works out.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I'm sorry Shrewdie. I hope it all works out as you wish.

Ditto Chica...Hang in there! The wait is dyam near PAINFUL!!!! I used to play the 'before that ' & the 'this is the last' game, when I waited. Like I know Ken has got to be here 'before' Thanksgiving 2008 or 'this is the last' time I'll turn the clock back without Ken. Lawd, somedays the game was in FULL EFFECT and others I only had 1 or 2 thoughts. I know it probably sounds silly, but it gave me hope and faith to hang on.

Love ya,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Jason.......any word from Marla yet?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning all - Prayers to those who need them, and Shrewdie, I can TOTALLY relate to the cell phone issue - it's amazing how something that we didn't have 10 or 15 years ago can have such an effect and how much stress it can cause - Stay strong, and start screaming! I would be on the phone daily to whoever you can reach - isn't October around the time that they moved the service center? I seem to recall something bizarre happening around then - At this point, I think all you Oct filers need to band together and raise Cain, go to the media, whatever it takes -

JAEng - There is going to be a crab and seafood festival at MXIII on May 31st with Professor Nuts and other artists -

Hey Sus, May 31st that's my b'day. Are you talking about Professor Nuts the DJ...OMG I've not seen him since the 90s. I love the older DJs the youngers one now-a-days cuss too much for my liking. Same way I love the older songs from the 60s and so on.

I love General Degree, Major Mackrel, Ninga Man, Tony Rebel, Capelton and a lot of the older singers like Beres Hammond.

Love them! Ken and I just went to see John Holt, Ken Boothe and the Merritones two weeks ago at an oldies dance. We had such a good time...we were ska-ing it hup! :lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ditto Chica...Hang in there! The wait is dyam near PAINFUL!!!! I used to play the 'before that ' & the 'this is the last' game, when I waited. Like I know Ken has got to be here 'before' Thanksgiving 2008 or 'this is the last' time I'll turn the clock back without Ken. Lawd, somedays the game was in FULL EFFECT and others I only had 1 or 2 thoughts. I know it probably sounds silly, but it gave me hope and faith to hang on.

Love ya,

Gill

That is so true........I still have my Christmas tree up and decorated with the stockings still hanging by the fireplace...... :blink: ......AM I CRAZY OR WHAT?.........Told him that I would keep it up til he comes home....... :crying: .......Good thing it is a blasted artificial one........ :whistle:

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not yet.......this has to be one of the worst feelings...(waiting to hear something). I wish I could have went to the interview, but too many trips in the past year.

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Filed: Timeline

Love ya,

Gill

That is so true........I still have my Christmas tree up and decorated with the stockings still hanging by the fireplace...... :blink: ......AM I CRAZY OR WHAT?.........Told him that I would keep it up til he comes home....... :crying: .......Good thing it is a blasted artificial one........ :whistle:

Peace & Love,

Tonya

No baby girl you're not crazy. It's call LOVE. I would have done the same thing. :lol:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Love ya,

Gill

Peace & Love,

Tonya

I could not stand my tree up that long.

Not yet.......this has to be one of the worst feelings...(waiting to hear something). I wish I could have went to the interview, but too many trips in the past year.

Hang in there. Soon come!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Jengs..bwoy mi a pray ...bwoy it look like di whola Yardie Fam need a bath inna some holy water..cause bwoy

Mi a pray fi all a di fam !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Anyone else read on Negril.com - There's an interesting thread about being in love with a Jamaican -

http://www.negril.com/discus/messages/103/...html?1209058676

Oh dear God!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
definately. what a scary thing for her. I will add her to my prayers.

speaking of prayers, guys. I am in desparate need.

Many of the october petetions at vermont have still not been touched while people in december and even february are gettnig approved. Please pray for speed and favor in my case.

not only that but my marriage is in need of prayers too.

I know that we are meant to be together, but sometimes immaturity hurts others involved and LOST PHONES almost destroy you...(never thoguth Id say that). but seriosuly. I am just really reaching out to you guys because noone else understands and I have no power in this..only God can take control of this situation. Please just keep us in your prayers. I know this message is all over the place and vague..but thats how my brain feels right now!

Thanks so much guys.

Shrewdgal, I always thought it was a first-come, first-serve type of thing but I guess not. I'll keep you in my prayers :star:

they boast that it is...but nope.... A LIE :)

Hopefully something will be done soon.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Love ya,

Gill

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Awww..that's sweet!! I can't stand to have the tree up one more day after Christmas, let alone wait till New Years.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Andre never really had those issues either. He lost only one phone and that was cause a guy borrowed it and then ran off with it. I thought someone was going to die that night. All the crazy HI bartenders running down the road chasing the guy. It was comically scary. Andre ended up taking him to court and winning back the money to buy a new phone.

Otherwise, electricty, or rather lack of, caused most of our phone problems. Even then, he was very good about charging at work or borrowing someone's phone. We never missed a beat in the calls department.

I agree about the loud tv/music in the background. I've even been known to hang up on him if he was too chatty with anyone else in the room when I was on the phone. I'm sorry, but if you want to talk to me, I am getting full attention or else you aren't talking to me. Don't think this goes away easily, though. To this day, I will tell him if he doesn't walk away from whatever is hurting my ears, I'm going to have to hang up. And, if everyone around him needs more immediate attention, he can call me back.

DIT-TO!!!! Cyan't tell yuh ow many times Ken heard ... "Look, I'm not running hup my minutes so you can talk to so and so...when yuh cyan spare me a minute...CALL ME BACK!!" or "I CYAN'T HEAR YOU...lackhoff every B.C. ting or call mi back when it's quiet!" Ken never really lost his phones...but Lawd, I never realized how much technology it took to make and recieve a phone call! We had bad phones...always bloody well breaking. And there's the time 18 month (at the time) old KJ LOST the megaphone...Don't even get me started! :angry: ...to say I was vex would be putting it mildly. I can so relate Shrewdie & Sus-ie...that cell phone felt like my life line most times!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.