Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you :)

I try to focus on being there but then I havent had a REAL convo with my husband in days due to lost phone. He has called me using our friends phone..but its just something else to stress me out. sometimes i dont think the beneficiaries realize how stressful this process REALLY is for us...

The lost phone thing is beyond stressful! I don't think they fully grasp how stressed out we can get when we can't get in touch with them or speak to them - The last incident with DJ and the lost phone was right after the mudslides in Ochi - so here I am, seeing pics of how bad it is, and not able to reach him - We had a HUGE HUGE long discussion about things last night, and I think he grasps it now - but I let it rip!

The other thing that drives me NUTS are the phone calls with the radio / TV blaring - TURN IT DOWN!

I totally agree with that one 100%!!! :wacko: I have asked nicely enough times already that if it is still blaring a minute or so into the conversation and he keeps asking me "what", I just won't answer...which of course clues him into the fact that HE CAN'T HEAR ME and finally turns it down. :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I try to focus on being there but then I havent had a REAL convo with my husband in days due to lost phone. He has called me using our friends phone..but its just something else to stress me out. sometimes i dont think the beneficiaries realize how stressful this process REALLY is for us...

The lost phone thing is beyond stressful! I don't think they fully grasp how stressed out we can get when we can't get in touch with them or speak to them - The last incident with DJ and the lost phone was right after the mudslides in Ochi - so here I am, seeing pics of how bad it is, and not able to reach him - We had a HUGE HUGE long discussion about things last night, and I think he grasps it now - but I let it rip!

The other thing that drives me NUTS are the phone calls with the radio / TV blaring - TURN IT DOWN!

WOW...I guess I should be blessed that Marcel and I have not had those issues. He better not lose his phone unless he wants his neck RUNG. But that would drive me NUTS. My girlfriend got her fiance an I-Phone and he left it in a taxi after having it for only a few days. I would have killed him. That was his 5th phone. I told her he must be selling them or he's irresponsible. All he says is, just send a next one since it's cheaper in the states.

Well the other day when Sus posted about the phone falling into a bucket of concrete, I said the same thing. Anthony had the same phone for 2 years and then I gave him one for Christmas when I was there in November. That very night I rang his phone off and couldn't find him. He called me mid-morning the next day and said his phone got broke when he was trying to get his friend out of a fight! I refuse to have that thought again. I have made comments about the the information he keeps on his chip and what if he was to lose it, to which he always says to me I never lose my phone.

Okay....we'll see.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
you can get it unlocked there I think. Im pretty sure. It will probably be much cheaper

I have heard that if you are long time customer of certain companies they will unlock it for free - My parents had a family plan through AT&T, and my mother still has hers - So once I find the phone I am going to call and see if I can get them to unlock it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
Sus, a friend of a friend found someone in MoBay to unlock for $50. A ripoff if you ask me. I had purchased some phones for some people in JA on a website called Cellular-Blowout. They wanted unlocked Razrs.....about 3 years ago or so. They were about $500 in JA. Here, I could get them unlocked on that web site for $300. 2 years ago, I even got one for $129. Anyhow, it's a good site....unlocked....free shipping....and I've heard of no issues anyone has had with their phones. Plus, they seemed to fit into their JA budget.

JG - $50 US right?

Sus -- I had a new razr that my job gave me because AT&T messed up on an order and sent too many to our company. We went to a place in Mobay and paid $1000/JA to have it unlocked. I think that's a little under $20/US. I also had a black berry pearl, but they wanted $5000 - $6000 to have it unlocked. The guys says the more functions the phone has on it the more it will cause to unlock, but you should never pay more than $40/US to have a simple phone unlocked anywhere in Jamaica. It's downtown Mobay I can't remember the name of the place. Somewhere near Captain's Bakery. Some places will charge people up to $120/US just to unlock a simple phone. RIP OFFFFFF. Better you buy a phone in Jamaica.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I totally agree with that one 100%!!! :wacko: I have asked nicely enough times already that if it is still blaring a minute or so into the conversation and he keeps asking me "what", I just won't answer...which of course clues him into the fact that HE CAN'T HEAR ME and finally turns it down. :thumbs:

Me too! The other night he called me - they were out celebrating for one of his friends who was getting married, so he walked away from the noise to talk (positive step) - But, he couldn't seem to grasp that whatever tree or whatever he was next to was FULL of tree frogs and that was all I could hear! It took 3 or 4 times of him saying What??? before he moved away :wacko:

Me too! The other night he called me - they were out celebrating for one of his friends who was getting married, so he walked away from the noise to talk (positive step) - But, he couldn't seem to grasp that whatever tree or whatever he was next to was FULL of tree frogs and that was all I could hear! It took 3 or 4 times of him saying What??? before he moved away :wacko:

:lol:

Lord SUS you killing me with jokes today. He must be in the country. What I can't stand is the wind. I just tell him to call me back when he's inside.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

One thing I really miss about JA....the sound of tree frogs in the background. You just made me sigh thinking about that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

One thing I really miss about JA....the sound of tree frogs in the background. You just made me sigh thinking about that.

I miss the rain when it falls on the ZINK roofs. I also miss the smell after it rains and how cool the air is. Now, I'm home sick again. :crying:

tep aff a mi name

Hey all...Yeah Gill & Ken :dance::dance:

Kimmy u tun innah DUPPY now?

tep aff a mi name

Hey English,

I didn't know a car had ran into the Jamaican store RED APPLE that's located in Langely Park last month. I went there last night to buy some saltfish and the owner was telling me.

yesss.......was a Range Rover, it killed someone in the store :(

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

WOW...I guess I should be blessed that Marcel and I have not had those issues. He better not lose his phone unless he wants his neck RUNG. But that would drive me NUTS. My girlfriend got her fiance an I-Phone and he left it in a taxi after having it for only a few days. I would have killed him. That was his 5th phone. I told her he must be selling them or he's irresponsible. All he says is, just send a next one since it's cheaper in the states.

ohhh heck no!!! dude would be walking around w/ one of those rinkey dink phones.. as long as he can get text and international calls. losing an IPHONE!!! after a couple of days.. I would be sick..His next phone would be prehistoric for real...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ahha..no mi deh yah..mi no check a PM...

Girl..i am definately praying for ur sis man !!! God no fail u guys yet...so no worry..him ave if lock !! mi know it easier said but believe it !!

(L)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

ohhh heck no!!! dude would be walking around w/ one of those rinkey dink phones.. as long as he can get text and international calls. losing an IPHONE!!! after a couple of days.. I would be sick..His next phone would be prehistoric for real...

Quanah mi tiyah fi deh talk to ar. When she brought the I-Phone I didn't say a thing. All he can say is BABY mi nevah mean fi it fi appen. Oh, don't get me started on things she's sent to him or things that mysteriously dissapear in the house that she leaves down there for her comfort...(i.e. microwave, portable A/C, toaster oven, shoes, purses, soaps, shampoo) if I kept typing I would run out of space. He's a nice guy, but my vibes is just not taking him. AINT THAT MUCH LUVING IN THE WORLD (even if you can jump ROPE with it).

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Quanah mi tiyah fi deh talk to ar. When she brought the I-Phone I didn't say a thing. All he can say is BABY mi nevah mean fi it fi appen. Oh, don't get me started on things she's sent to him or things that mysteriously dissapear in the house that she leaves down there for her comfort...(i.e. microwave, portable A/C, toaster oven, shoes, purses, soaps, shampoo) if I kept typing I would run out of space. He's a nice guy, but my vibes is just not taking him. AINT THAT MUCH LUVING IN THE WORLD (even if you can jump ROPE with it).

LMAO, Lawnie - If I could jump rope with it, it might be worth a few household appliances / cell phones :whistle::innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.