Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all - Prayers to those who need them, and Shrewdie, I can TOTALLY relate to the cell phone issue - it's amazing how something that we didn't have 10 or 15 years ago can have such an effect and how much stress it can cause - Stay strong, and start screaming! I would be on the phone daily to whoever you can reach - isn't October around the time that they moved the service center? I seem to recall something bizarre happening around then - At this point, I think all you Oct filers need to band together and raise Cain, go to the media, whatever it takes -

JAEng - There is going to be a crab and seafood festival at MXIII on May 31st with Professor Nuts and other artists -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good Morning Claire,

Your time is coming. I'm so happy for you.

My fiance's friend has a follow-up appointment at the embassy this morning and he text me and told me that it looks like the guard that pulled my dress at the embassy went back to work today. He should have been FIRED! But I didn't want to push any buttons since the interview wasn't scheduled yet and no approval. I'm still very much upset about it.

My sister had a scare yesterday it took them 2 hours to find the baby's heartbeat and entire time my mom kept suggesting that they turned my sis and they refused. So, the doctor comes in and asked "didyou try to turn her" soon as they did that they found the heart beat. I was so scary. So, please keep my sis in your prayers. My little brother is doing okay. He went back to work yesterday.

I managed to get 3 hours sleep last night. Haven't slept since Monday. I look like MAD MAVIS!

Will keep your sis in my prayers, will also pray that she remains safe from the INCOMPETENCE of people around her...it's like they were too caught up in themselves to think your mom could be RIGHT :ranting:

DAMNNNNNN.....your brother had HEART SURGERY LAST week, and back to work THIS WEEK????????

definately. what a scary thing for her. I will add her to my prayers.

speaking of prayers, guys. I am in desparate need.

Many of the october petetions at vermont have still not been touched while people in december and even february are gettnig approved. Please pray for speed and favor in my case.

not only that but my marriage is in need of prayers too.

I know that we are meant to be together, but sometimes immaturity hurts others involved and LOST PHONES almost destroy you...(never thoguth Id say that). but seriosuly. I am just really reaching out to you guys because noone else understands and I have no power in this..only God can take control of this situation. Please just keep us in your prayers. I know this message is all over the place and vague..but thats how my brain feels right now!

Thanks so much guys.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Shrewdie Maybe try to focus on being there soon and hopefully things will settle down. And that they will find the box of missing October files!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Good Morning Claire,

My fiance's friend has a follow-up appointment at the embassy this morning and he text me and told me that it looks like the guard that pulled my dress at the embassy went back to work today. He should have been FIRED! But I didn't want to push any buttons since the interview wasn't scheduled yet and no approval. I'm still very much upset about it.

My sister had a scare yesterday it took them 2 hours to find the baby's heartbeat and entire time my mom kept suggesting that they turned my sis and they refused. So, the doctor comes in and asked "didyou try to turn her" soon as they did that they found the heart beat. I was so scary. So, please keep my sis in your prayers. My little brother is doing okay. He went back to work yesterday.

I managed to get 3 hours sleep last night. Haven't slept since Monday. I look like MAD MAVIS!

Will keep your sis in my prayers, will also pray that she remains safe from the INCOMPETENCE of people around her...it's like they were too caught up in themselves to think your mom could be RIGHT :ranting:

DAMNNNNNN.....your brother had HEART SURGERY LAST week, and back to work THIS WEEK????????

Many of the october petetions at vermont have still not been touched while people in december and even february are gettnig approved. Please pray for speed and favor in my case.

I know that we are meant to be together, but sometimes immaturity hurts others involved and LOST PHONES almost destroy you...(never thoguth Id say that). but seriosuly. I am just really reaching out to you guys because noone else understands and I have no power in this..only God can take control of this situation. Please just keep us in your prayers. I know this message is all over the place and vague..but thats how my brain feels right now!

Thanks so much guys.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Shrewdie Maybe try to focus on being there soon and hopefully things will settle down. And that they will find the box of missing October files!

Perhaps you can contact Hilary to help you out. She can work wonders for someone who one a bridal contest:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109462

Good Morning Claire,

Thanks so much guys.

Perhaps you can contact Hilary to help you out. She can work wonders for someone who one a bridal contest:

Good english there - I mean WON a bridal contest, not one.....I should just get back to work and log off VJ.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Claire,

Thanks so much guys.

Good Morning Claire,

Thanks so much guys.

Good english there - I mean WON a bridal contest, not one.....I should just get back to work and log off VJ.

hahah that makes me really annoyed! October people have tried EVERYTHING..but the USCIS wont change their processing dates. they have been on july 30 for about 3 months now and that gives them their little "cushion" of comfort. It makes me want to spit nails. BOO.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Thank you :)

I try to focus on being there but then I havent had a REAL convo with my husband in days due to lost phone. He has called me using our friends phone..but its just something else to stress me out. sometimes i dont think the beneficiaries realize how stressful this process REALLY is for us...

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Timeline
Morning all - Prayers to those who need them, and Shrewdie, I can TOTALLY relate to the cell phone issue - it's amazing how something that we didn't have 10 or 15 years ago can have such an effect and how much stress it can cause - Stay strong, and start screaming! I would be on the phone daily to whoever you can reach - isn't October around the time that they moved the service center? I seem to recall something bizarre happening around then - At this point, I think all you Oct filers need to band together and raise Cain, go to the media, whatever it takes -

JAEng - There is going to be a crab and seafood festival at MXIII on May 31st with Professor Nuts and other artists -

Hey Sus, May 31st that's my b'day. Are you talking about Professor Nuts the DJ...OMG I've not seen him since the 90s. I love the older DJs the youngers one now-a-days cuss too much for my liking. Same way I love the older songs from the 60s and so on.

I love General Degree, Major Mackrel, Ninga Man, Tony Rebel, Capelton and a lot of the older singers like Beres Hammond.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

[\quote]

I try to focus on being there but then I havent had a REAL convo with my husband in days due to lost phone. He has called me using our friends phone..but its just something else to stress me out. sometimes i dont think the beneficiaries realize how stressful this process REALLY is for us...

Shrew, prayers are on the way and I totally agree with you 100% --

Heads up baby girl

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Sus, May 31st that's my b'day. Are you talking about Professor Nuts the DJ...OMG I've not seen him since the 90s. I love the older DJs the youngers one now-a-days cuss too much for my liking. Same way I love the older songs from the 60s and so on.

I love General Degree, Major Mackrel, Ninga Man, Tony Rebel, Capelton and a lot of the older singers like Beres Hammond.

Yes, that's the one - I love him too - Also all the other artists you mentioned! Last time I was in Negril we saw General Degree - hadn't seem him in a long time!

Timeline

The lost phone thing is beyond stressful! I don't think they fully grasp how stressed out we can get when we can't get in touch with them or speak to them - The last incident with DJ and the lost phone was right after the mudslides in Ochi - so here I am, seeing pics of how bad it is, and not able to reach him - We had a HUGE HUGE long discussion about things last night, and I think he grasps it now - but I let it rip!

The other thing that drives me NUTS are the phone calls with the radio / TV blaring - TURN IT DOWN!

The lost phone thing is beyond stressful! I don't think they fully grasp how stressed out we can get when we can't get in touch with them or speak to them - The last incident with DJ and the lost phone was right after the mudslides in Ochi - so here I am, seeing pics of how bad it is, and not able to reach him - We had a HUGE HUGE long discussion about things last night, and I think he grasps it now - but I let it rip!

The other thing that drives me NUTS are the phone calls with the radio / TV blaring - TURN IT DOWN!

WOW...I guess I should be blessed that Marcel and I have not had those issues. He better not lose his phone unless he wants his neck RUNG. But that would drive me NUTS. My girlfriend got her fiance an I-Phone and he left it in a taxi after having it for only a few days. I would have killed him. That was his 5th phone. I told her he must be selling them or he's irresponsible. All he says is, just send a next one since it's cheaper in the states.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Andre never really had those issues either. He lost only one phone and that was cause a guy borrowed it and then ran off with it. I thought someone was going to die that night. All the crazy HI bartenders running down the road chasing the guy. It was comically scary. Andre ended up taking him to court and winning back the money to buy a new phone.

Otherwise, electricty, or rather lack of, caused most of our phone problems. Even then, he was very good about charging at work or borrowing someone's phone. We never missed a beat in the calls department.

I agree about the loud tv/music in the background. I've even been known to hang up on him if he was too chatty with anyone else in the room when I was on the phone. I'm sorry, but if you want to talk to me, I am getting full attention or else you aren't talking to me. Don't think this goes away easily, though. To this day, I will tell him if he doesn't walk away from whatever is hurting my ears, I'm going to have to hang up. And, if everyone around him needs more immediate attention, he can call me back.

WOW...I guess I should be blessed that Marcel and I have not had those issues. He better not lose his phone unless he wants his neck RUNG. But that would drive me NUTS. My girlfriend got her fiance an I-Phone and he left it in a taxi after having it for only a few days. I would have killed him. That was his 5th phone. I told her he must be selling them or he's irresponsible. All he says is, just send a next one since it's cheaper in the states.

My bet is he is selling them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I told her he must be selling them or he's irresponsible. All he says is, just send a next one since it's cheaper in the states.

I know DJ isn't selling them - I actually SPOKE to the taxi driver who has his phone, lol - Of course, the &%$*%&%(% denies that he has someone else's phone. But the cheaper in the states issue is SUCH a misconception to me - Maybe it's cheaper for an Iphone or one with all the gadgets, but it's not cheaper for a standard basic phone - by the time you buy a phone, get it unlocked, and ship it - It's cheaper to have bought it in JA. I am not the one replacing the lost / broken phones, he is - But the lack of contact is frustrating.

I don't know what he bought this time - some cheap ####### one - But he managed to get Digicel to shut off the old SIM card and issue him a new one with the same number and the remainder of his credit - The taxi driver used about $800 regular credit, and $500 of his International - so annoying!

I have to find a place to get a phone unlocked - My Dad finally got a cell phone (Razr) about 6 months before he passed away and never used it - So I am planning to bring that down with me if I can find it in the house.

Timeline

Sus, a friend of a friend found someone in MoBay to unlock for $50. A ripoff if you ask me. I had purchased some phones for some people in JA on a website called Cellular-Blowout. They wanted unlocked Razrs.....about 3 years ago or so. They were about $500 in JA. Here, I could get them unlocked on that web site for $300. 2 years ago, I even got one for $129. Anyhow, it's a good site....unlocked....free shipping....and I've heard of no issues anyone has had with their phones. Plus, they seemed to fit into their JA budget.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Andre never really had those issues either. He lost only one phone and that was cause a guy borrowed it and then ran off with it. I thought someone was going to die that night. All the crazy HI bartenders running down the road chasing the guy. It was comically scary. Andre ended up taking him to court and winning back the money to buy a new phone.

Otherwise, electricty, or rather lack of, caused most of our phone problems. Even then, he was very good about charging at work or borrowing someone's phone. We never missed a beat in the calls department.

I agree about the loud tv/music in the background. I've even been known to hang up on him if he was too chatty with anyone else in the room when I was on the phone. I'm sorry, but if you want to talk to me, I am getting full attention or else you aren't talking to me. Don't think this goes away easily, though. To this day, I will tell him if he doesn't walk away from whatever is hurting my ears, I'm going to have to hang up. And, if everyone around him needs more immediate attention, he can call me back.

I know Marsh isnt selling his because they are always ####### to start with. they only halfway work

I told her he must be selling them or he's irresponsible. All he says is, just send a next one since it's cheaper in the states.

I know DJ isn't selling them - I actually SPOKE to the taxi driver who has his phone, lol - Of course, the &%$*%&%(% denies that he has someone else's phone. But the cheaper in the states issue is SUCH a misconception to me - Maybe it's cheaper for an Iphone or one with all the gadgets, but it's not cheaper for a standard basic phone - by the time you buy a phone, get it unlocked, and ship it - It's cheaper to have bought it in JA. I am not the one replacing the lost / broken phones, he is - But the lack of contact is frustrating.

I don't know what he bought this time - some cheap ####### one - But he managed to get Digicel to shut off the old SIM card and issue him a new one with the same number and the remainder of his credit - The taxi driver used about $800 regular credit, and $500 of his International - so annoying!

I have to find a place to get a phone unlocked - My Dad finally got a cell phone (Razr) about 6 months before he passed away and never used it - So I am planning to bring that down with me if I can find it in the house.

you can get it unlocked there I think. Im pretty sure. It will probably be much cheaper

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

I know Marsh isnt selling his because they are always ####### to start with. they only halfway work

you can get it unlocked there I think. Im pretty sure. It will probably be much cheaper

$50 was the last I heard.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.