Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Travelling in and out of JA has always been an adventure for me - On my first trip ever on Air JA (and to Jamaica), we had the most bizarre experience on the return trip - I was exhausted to the point that as soon as I sat in my seat I was asleep. Some Jamaican woman woke me up to cross over me into the seat next to me - She proceeded to hand me her baby to hold while she went and got the rest of her family sorted out. I couldn't believe it - I was dead asleep, then next think I knew I was holding this chubby baby!

r u serious?? girl that is too funny, not only that she put her baby in a stranger's arms, but one that was DEAD SLEEP DWL.. how nice it must be to live in a culture so carefree, JAMAICA JAMAICA

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all! I have been at work for an hour and a half already today :blink: and fully intend to scam out early! I have my last postings due for one class, and 2nd to last for my other class. One of my teachers announced that our final would be optional - you can either take it and have it count for 1/3 of your grade, or skip it and have your grade based on the discussions and midterm - Since I have As on all of that, no final for me! So, three more essays and one final, then school is out for the summer!

Roxcie, I agree with you - but part of the problem with adding recommendations / suggestions into the yardie thread is that they eventually get lost - The yardies are a chattie crew, and are on Part 6 already!

I hope everyone has a good day!

We can add a separate thread or put it on wiki. On the Bank account, set it up here in the USA, whenever I am in JA, I use my ATM card to withdrawn money and it come out in JA dollars. So when I left the last tiome I gave him one of my bank card for one one my least use accounts(ladies we all know we have more than one Banking accounts) Ha Ha, and I just put funds there and they withdrawl from that account. The account was with one of my Credit UNion accounts, so I have no fees.

Another ting that works is to get one of Walmart prepaid credit cards and give it to them in Jamaica and keep the number here. You can top it up and they can then use the card in JAmaica

you mean like a prepaid visa card?

does it charge them a fee to use it in JA?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Another ting that works is to get one of Walmart prepaid credit cards and give it to them in Jamaica and keep the number here. You can top it up and they can then use the card in JAmaica

Some of those prepaid visa cards charge fees as well - I had gotten one as a gift card, and there is something about a maintenance fee every 30 days or so -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Oooh good idea! :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
IS JFK the only POE where you can get the EAD stamp?

Yup...as far as I know...han Gurl...if yuh ever see deh likkle foo-foo stamp! I had to squint to see what it said!

Bless,Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Ok M2B. My birthday is 6/6. Can I fit into your carryon? :lol: I hope you got a seat close to the front of the plane, cause when the plane lands it is like a mad rush to get off. :rofl:It is like they have something in the airport giving away to the first person that gets off :yes::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: no way!!! that is too funny girl.. mommy make sure u sit back and wait on di people dem mi gyal.. hubby be all vexed if ya hurt yuhself in di mad dash off di plane

FUH REAL!!!!! :lol: (But, I'm one of those crazies :blush: ) But, trust me after I do the 2000m sprint to immigration and see the line is a few people ...I'm like "Yeah! :D :Knocking dung deh Granny han deh 7 pickney dem was worth hit!" :lol: Because trust mi by the time yuh ton round...the line is twisting back and forth han people pon deh line fuh days! My boys knew the drill...as soon as the door opens and we get off "RUN!!!...Just stand pon deh line han wait fuh mi! Let people guh ahead one by one ...til mi reach!" :lol:...But it's more hurry hup han wait fuh deh bags dem inna customs :lol:... A MESS!!

Bless,

Gill

I hate it when I speed thru customs and then have to sit and wait for my bags. Then as soon as I have my bags load up on the trolly the nothing to declare line is long as hell :wacko:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Timeline
Travelling in and out of JA has always been an adventure for me - On my first trip ever on Air JA (and to Jamaica), we had the most bizarre experience on the return trip - I was exhausted to the point that as soon as I sat in my seat I was asleep. Some Jamaican woman woke me up to cross over me into the seat next to me - She proceeded to hand me her baby to hold while she went and got the rest of her family sorted out. I couldn't believe it - I was dead asleep, then next think I knew I was holding this chubby baby!

Well try sitting next to a couple who was travelling to Jamaica to get married and all they did was fuss the entire flight. Well, I doze off because I take something to calm me since I'm afraid of flying only to find the man head burried into my shounder and my blouse soaking WET! droollllll .............all I can say is YUCK and say excuse me. I really wanted to seh..tek u tinkin head afa a mi, but I was nice about it. His fiancee got up and went to sit somewhere else. Now, you know I didn't go back to sleep after that. So, he decides to tell me why they were fussing and it was because he wouldn't pay for her family to fly to Jamaica. He was already paying for their hotel and other things. Plus he called his future mother-in-law the ice maiden and that didn't go over well.

I've also had people give me their babies to hold or watch or to hold their purse while they go to the bathroom. I guess I have a trusting face. When I went home in September a felt so sorry for this young guy. He was traveling with 4 small kids. One of them only 8 weeks old. I had to help him. The baby was driving him crazy and he looked like he wanted to cry. So, I asked him if I could help him and he gladly handed his daughter over. She just wanted to be rocked. I held her the rest of the way. All the way to the immigration counter. He was more than grateful. I stayed with him and his kids until he got through immgration and cleared customs. Came to find out they were going to Trelawny and they lived just a few minutes from my family. Also, found out that his kids mother left him with 4 children and he had no choice but to move back to Jamaica, because he was new to the states. Only been there a year of so. I felt so sorry for him. My aunts always go and check on him and the kids.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Some of those prepaid visa cards charge fees as well - I had gotten one as a gift card, and there is something about a maintenance fee every 30 days or so -

Yah.....too many fees on those prepaid credit cards for me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ok M2B. My birthday is 6/6. Can I fit into your carryon? :lol: I hope you got a seat close to the front of the plane, cause when the plane lands it is like a mad rush to get off. :rofl:It is like they have something in the airport giving away to the first person that gets off :yes::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: no way!!! that is too funny girl.. mommy make sure u sit back and wait on di people dem mi gyal.. hubby be all vexed if ya hurt yuhself in di mad dash off di plane

FUH REAL!!!!! :lol: (But, I'm one of those crazies :blush: ) But, trust me after I do the 2000m sprint to immigration and see the line is a few people ...I'm like "Yeah! :D :Knocking dung deh Granny han deh 7 pickney dem was worth hit!" :lol: Because trust mi by the time yuh ton round...the line is twisting back and forth han people pon deh line fuh days! My boys knew the drill...as soon as the door opens and we get off "RUN!!!...Just stand pon deh line han wait fuh mi! Let people guh ahead one by one ...til mi reach!" :lol:...But it's more hurry hup han wait fuh deh bags dem inna customs :lol:... A MESS!!

Bless,

Gill

I hate it when I speed thru customs and then have to sit and wait for my bags. Then as soon as I have my bags load up on the trolly the nothing to declare line is long as hell :wacko:

I never check so I never wait.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Have you travelled since the carry on restriction on liquids? How do you manage that? I am not too high maintenance, but I can't fit my stuff in a carry on!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Bless,

Gill

When you are in the 'nothing to declare line with 4- 70lbs bags, for a 5 day stay and the Customer Service person is looking at you like you must be crazy. Then you proceed to explain 1 bag is for shoes, another for make -up and the other 2 bags contains at least 4 change of outfits per day. All the while you are whispering under your breath, I will never bring another thing to JA that doesn't belong to me. At the same time hoping that no one wants to look inside any of the bags.

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Have you travelled since the carry on restriction on liquids? How do you manage that? I am not too high maintenance, but I can't fit my stuff in a carry on!

Yes. I use solid shampoo, conditioner, soap, bubble bars, bath bombs, deos, and lotions. All from my part-time job....Lush. It's been a Godsend.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

I am w/ u JG, after that first time, when I went to visit RG in the Bahamas, I put EVERYTHING in 2 carryon bags.. bought everything trial size, even my hairspray and shower gels.. shoot I wasn't gonna go through that again!

Bless,

Gill

When you are in the 'nothing to declare line with 4- 70lbs bags, for a 5 day stay and the Customer Service person is looking at you like you must be crazy. Then you proceed to explain 1 bag is for shoes, another for make -up and the other 2 bags contains at least 4 change of outfits per day. All the while you are whispering under your breath, I will never bring another thing to JA that doesn't belong to me. At the same time hoping that no one wants to look inside any of the bags.

Only what's in two of the bags actual belong to me, all the rest is what he has sent money for me to buy. He had been living here in the states for the last year while working.

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Yes. I use solid shampoo, conditioner, soap, bubble bars, bath bombs, deos, and lotions. All from my part-time job....Lush. It's been a Godsend.

Solid shampoo & conditioner???!! Never heard of it - you rub it in your hair?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.