Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all! I have been at work for an hour and a half already today :blink: and fully intend to scam out early! I have my last postings due for one class, and 2nd to last for my other class. One of my teachers announced that our final would be optional - you can either take it and have it count for 1/3 of your grade, or skip it and have your grade based on the discussions and midterm - Since I have As on all of that, no final for me! So, three more essays and one final, then school is out for the summer!

Roxcie, I agree with you - but part of the problem with adding recommendations / suggestions into the yardie thread is that they eventually get lost - The yardies are a chattie crew, and are on Part 6 already!

I hope everyone has a good day!

We can add a separate thread or put it on wiki. On the Bank account, set it up here in the USA, whenever I am in JA, I use my ATM card to withdrawn money and it come out in JA dollars. So when I left the last tiome I gave him one of my bank card for one one my least use accounts(ladies we all know we have more than one Banking accounts) Ha Ha, and I just put funds there and they withdrawl from that account. The account was with one of my Credit UNion accounts, so I have no fees.

Roxie,

My family also do the same thing. It makes it a lot easier and we don't have to travel with so much cash and not worry about sending money by western union.

Are they debit card easy like here in the US? I mean we can use our debit cards at McDonald's here!! :wacko: Can you use it like that or only to withdraw cash from the ATM machine?

I would never use my debit card in Jamaica EXCEPT at a bank to withdraw funds. In September I bought furniture for my dad's house and I was hit with a HEFTY international credit card fee (which I was not aware of). I did let my credit compnay know that I would be making a large purchase in Jamaica and they never mentioned the fee. When I got the bill I almost passed out. It took 3 weeks but they removed it. I also saw on the news that some credit card companies did not tell customers about this fee.

Yes. And, we are now in a class action lawsuit to recoup all those stupid fees.

I agree I would only use my debit card to withdrawal cash in JA, I don't truste any other company security system when it comes to credit card fraud. But using your card to withdrawal cash is a lot easier than carrying cash around.

Got it - thanks.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:ot: Morning ladies, I have a quick question to anyone who has booked with Air Jamaica directly through their website. I found the cheapest nonstop flight for the specific times I wanted on there but I don't see an option to choose your seats before purchasing. I don't want to purchase without picking my seat as I know I need an aisle seat. Is it that they randomly assign a seat?

I think after you purchase the ticket, it allows you to choose your seats. They also have web check in and you should be able to do it there. I was able to choose my seats when I travelled last year. :thumbs:

Claire you are right, I just booked and it allowed me to choose seats after I purchased. I booked for 6/4-6/8. I'm so friggin' excited, I have something to look forward to. :dance: I can't wait to tell D when he goes on his lunch break, I thought about keeping it a surprise like Lawny did but I know myself I can't keep it to myself for too long.

Ok M2B. My birthday is 6/6. Can I fit into your carryon? :lol: I hope you got a seat close to the front of the plane, cause when the plane lands it is like a mad rush to get off. :rofl: It is like they have something in the airport giving away to the first person that gets off :yes::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: no way!!! that is too funny girl.. mommy make sure u sit back and wait on di people dem mi gyal.. hubby be all vexed if ya hurt yuhself in di mad dash off di plane

Timeline

Re: Superplus - I wonder if there is a way to get an itemized receipt or list of what they spend the voucher on. That would be helpful cuz then you would know they are NOT buying booze with it.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
just wanted to stop bu and say hello...i was left out of my cell today :lol: what a crazy crazy experince....so not at all what i had thought child birth would be.....it was all worth it in the end....to have my little princess....the best gift i could ever ask for.....

DSC00388.jpg

Congratulations Shauna. She is so precious looking. I love all her hair. All the best :)!!! :star:

Ditto. Congrats (F)

Filed: Timeline

IS JFK the only POE where you can get the EAD stamp?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
IS JFK the only POE where you can get the EAD stamp?

Yes

Re: Superplus - I wonder if there is a way to get an itemized receipt or list of what they spend the voucher on. That would be helpful cuz then you would know they are NOT buying booze with it.

I'd rather just nip it in the bud and make sure it can't happen. I don't want any sob stories about the diapers either.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
For anybody renewing passports in the states. There is now this new passport card good for the Caribbean Mexico Canada and Bermuda. It is much cheaper than a passport book. I was think about getting this for my little girl. Have you gals heard about this? I might even get one myself than a passport book. Since the only place we will be traveling is Jamaica. I am going to ask the post office tomorrow about it. B)

I thought you couldnt use the card for air travel or something weird like that.. only for like cruises?

maybe I am wrong.

You are right on the air travel part.

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_c..._card_3926.html

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Morning ladies, I have a quick question to anyone who has booked with Air Jamaica directly through their website. I found the cheapest nonstop flight for the specific times I wanted on there but I don't see an option to choose your seats before purchasing. I don't want to purchase without picking my seat as I know I need an aisle seat. Is it that they randomly assign a seat?

I think after you purchase the ticket, it allows you to choose your seats. They also have web check in and you should be able to do it there. I was able to choose my seats when I travelled last year. :thumbs:

Claire you are right, I just booked and it allowed me to choose seats after I purchased. I booked for 6/4-6/8. I'm so friggin' excited, I have something to look forward to. :dance: I can't wait to tell D when he goes on his lunch break, I thought about keeping it a surprise like Lawny did but I know myself I can't keep it to myself for too long.

Ok M2B. My birthday is 6/6. Can I fit into your carryon? :lol: I hope you got a seat close to the front of the plane, cause when the plane lands it is like a mad rush to get off. :rofl: It is like they have something in the airport giving away to the first person that gets off :yes::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: no way!!! that is too funny girl.. mommy make sure u sit back and wait on di people dem mi gyal.. hubby be all vexed if ya hurt yuhself in di mad dash off di plane

Claire, that would be an awesome b-day gift wouldn't it :star: The closest seat I could get was row 18 :angry: but at least its the aisle seat. Of course, on the return flight, I got row 9 and god knows I will be in no rush to return home.

Quana, its funny you say that b/c he is always on my back to make sure I'm taking it easy, don't want me to hurt myself or the baby.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LAWNY...I think u can transfer from ur US acct to ur JA for a fee directly..it just cost a small fee..

Hey Marie girl...mi dey yah still a try get this taste out of my mouth..mi a eat salt :blink:

jax..things r better than before but every now and then i get an episode better that than live on the floor ..i guess

With the superplus thing..I thought it was they can get something for the same value of what u bought..they can't buy much more than what is on the list u picked out..

Hey Jengs weh u been

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Morning all! I have been at work for an hour and a half already today :blink: and fully intend to scam out early! I have my last postings due for one class, and 2nd to last for my other class. One of my teachers announced that our final would be optional - you can either take it and have it count for 1/3 of your grade, or skip it and have your grade based on the discussions and midterm - Since I have As on all of that, no final for me! So, three more essays and one final, then school is out for the summer!

Roxcie, I agree with you - but part of the problem with adding recommendations / suggestions into the yardie thread is that they eventually get lost - The yardies are a chattie crew, and are on Part 6 already!

I hope everyone has a good day!

We can add a separate thread or put it on wiki. On the Bank account, set it up here in the USA, whenever I am in JA, I use my ATM card to withdrawn money and it come out in JA dollars. So when I left the last tiome I gave him one of my bank card for one one my least use accounts(ladies we all know we have more than one Banking accounts) Ha Ha, and I just put funds there and they withdrawl from that account. The account was with one of my Credit UNion accounts, so I have no fees.

Another ting that works is to get one of Walmart prepaid credit cards and give it to them in Jamaica and keep the number here. You can top it up and they can then use the card in JAmaica

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

You have to call them.

They can assign you a seat there and then....Be warned will take up to half an hour to get through!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok M2B. My birthday is 6/6. Can I fit into your carryon? :lol: I hope you got a seat close to the front of the plane, cause when the plane lands it is like a mad rush to get off. :rofl:It is like they have something in the airport giving away to the first person that gets off :yes::rofl:

FUH REAL!!!!! :lol: (But, I'm one of those crazies :blush: ) But, trust me after I do the 2000m sprint to immigration and see the line is a few people ...I'm like "Yeah! :D :Knocking dung deh Granny han deh 7 pickney dem was worth hit!" :lol: Because trust mi by the time yuh ton round...the line is twisting back and forth han people pon deh line fuh days! My boys knew the drill...as soon as the door opens and we get off "RUN!!!...Just stand pon deh line han wait fuh mi! Let people guh ahead one by one ...til mi reach!" :lol:...But it's more hurry hup han wait fuh deh bags dem inna customs :lol:... A MESS!!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Ok M2B. My birthday is 6/6. Can I fit into your carryon? :lol: I hope you got a seat close to the front of the plane, cause when the plane lands it is like a mad rush to get off. :rofl:It is like they have something in the airport giving away to the first person that gets off :yes::rofl:

FUH REAL!!!!! :lol: (But, I'm one of those crazies :blush: ) But, trust me after I do the 2000m sprint to immigration and see the line is a few people ...I'm like "Yeah! :D :Knocking dung deh Granny han deh 7 pickney dem was worth hit!" :lol: Because trust mi by the time yuh ton round...the line is twisting back and forth han people pon deh line fuh days! My boys knew the drill...as soon as the door opens and we get off "RUN!!!...Just stand pon deh line han wait fuh mi! Let people guh ahead one by one ...til mi reach!" :lol:...But it's more hurry hup han wait fuh deh bags dem inna customs :lol:... A MESS!!

Bless,

Gill

u know what???? that is SOOO true now that u describe it.. I memba when I went and I had no idea so I am walking regular just happy to finally be in JA, YAYYY.. but people started passing me and I look around and everybody is walking fast and dang near skipping along so I started walking faster too, ya naa gwaan get di prize fa mi!!!

When I got to the immigration line and the freaking fan blowing cuz there is no A/C and saw ALLLLL the people lining up.. i was like OHHH NOOOO!!! heehee

Timeline

Travelling in and out of JA has always been an adventure for me - On my first trip ever on Air JA (and to Jamaica), we had the most bizarre experience on the return trip - I was exhausted to the point that as soon as I sat in my seat I was asleep. Some Jamaican woman woke me up to cross over me into the seat next to me - She proceeded to hand me her baby to hold while she went and got the rest of her family sorted out. I couldn't believe it - I was dead asleep, then next think I knew I was holding this chubby baby!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.