Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Morning ladies, I have a quick question to anyone who has booked with Air Jamaica directly through their website. I found the cheapest nonstop flight for the specific times I wanted on there but I don't see an option to choose your seats before purchasing. I don't want to purchase without picking my seat as I know I need an aisle seat. Is it that they randomly assign a seat?

Hey Moms,

It's always been like that with Air Jamaica. What I do is go on Expedia and put in the same dates and see what seat are available. l I then go back to Air Jamaica's website and book my ticket and select my seat aftewards. I know it's a pain, but that's what I've been doing for the last 2 years. And Girl, you're pregnant. I traveled to Jamaica while I was pregant and if someone is in a aisle seat, they'll gadly give it to you, if you ask. Especially, if you're at the window.

Thanks Lawny.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I would never use my debit card in Jamaica EXCEPT at a bank to withdraw funds. In September I bought furniture for my dad's house and I was hit with a HEFTY international credit card fee (which I was not aware of). I did let my credit compnay know that I would be making a large purchase in Jamaica and they never mentioned the fee. When I got the bill I almost passed out. It took 3 weeks but they removed it. I also saw on the news that some credit card companies did not tell customers about this fee.

Same here, But the hotel owner knew about it, we ended up paying in cash instead.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all! I have been at work for an hour and a half already today :blink: and fully intend to scam out early! I have my last postings due for one class, and 2nd to last for my other class. One of my teachers announced that our final would be optional - you can either take it and have it count for 1/3 of your grade, or skip it and have your grade based on the discussions and midterm - Since I have As on all of that, no final for me! So, three more essays and one final, then school is out for the summer!

Roxcie, I agree with you - but part of the problem with adding recommendations / suggestions into the yardie thread is that they eventually get lost - The yardies are a chattie crew, and are on Part 6 already!

I hope everyone has a good day!

We can add a separate thread or put it on wiki. On the Bank account, set it up here in the USA, whenever I am in JA, I use my ATM card to withdrawn money and it come out in JA dollars. So when I left the last tiome I gave him one of my bank card for one one my least use accounts(ladies we all know we have more than one Banking accounts) Ha Ha, and I just put funds there and they withdrawl from that account. The account was with one of my Credit UNion accounts, so I have no fees.

Roxie,

My family also do the same thing. It makes it a lot easier and we don't have to travel with so much cash and not worry about sending money by western union.

Are they debit card easy like here in the US? I mean we can use our debit cards at McDonald's here!! :wacko: Can you use it like that or only to withdraw cash from the ATM machine?

I would never use my debit card in Jamaica EXCEPT at a bank to withdraw funds. In September I bought furniture for my dad's house and I was hit with a HEFTY international credit card fee (which I was not aware of). I did let my credit compnay know that I would be making a large purchase in Jamaica and they never mentioned the fee. When I got the bill I almost passed out. It took 3 weeks but they removed it. I also saw on the news that some credit card companies did not tell customers about this fee.

Yes. And, we are now in a class action lawsuit to recoup all those stupid fees.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: Morning ladies, I have a quick question to anyone who has booked with Air Jamaica directly through their website. I found the cheapest nonstop flight for the specific times I wanted on there but I don't see an option to choose your seats before purchasing. I don't want to purchase without picking my seat as I know I need an aisle seat. Is it that they randomly assign a seat?

When I just booked mine last week it asked me what seat. I can't remember where in the process it was though. Maybe just before you hit the confirm button??

Thanks, I guess I will book and see what happens. I've already went to Expedia to check out available seats.

.png

Timeline

I think after you purchase the ticket, it allows you to choose your seats. They also have web check in and you should be able to do it there. I was able to choose my seats when I travelled last year. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
just wanted to stop bu and say hello...i was left out of my cell today :lol: what a crazy crazy experince....so not at all what i had thought child birth would be.....it was all worth it in the end....to have my little princess....the best gift i could ever ask for.....

DSC00388.jpg

Mawning Family,

Ohhh Shauna..she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy for you and I am glad you made it through alright!

Lawny...I am so sorry to hear about all of your drama! I hope your Sister will be ok. She is in my prayers! F- your Ex...like you said Chica...his time is COMING!! It's gonna be wan b1tch lick dat cyatch em when hit finally reach! (:ot: P.S.- Why aren't you excited about your interview date!)

I was so sorry to read about Omoba...that's pretty scary about the email too!

JG, Ken and I are probably going to send a voucher via Super plus to KJ's mom next week...I'll let you know how it goes...if you do something before that...please let me know!

Ken was very impressed with the White House...only he had a sudden urge to pee and I told him..."DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING A 'YARD STYLE' SITTIN' HOUT HERE!!! They probably have about 5000 cameras on us RIGHT NOW!!" Oh Lawd...yuh cyan tek deh man outta Yard...but yuh cyan't tek deh Yard outta deh Man!! The other day he wanted to know who owned the geese that have taken hup residence on the side of the Southern State Parkway (local highway)? I told him I don't know...the State I gues...why? "Bwoy wan a dem wouldda come in NOICE fuh Sundeh dinna!" :huh::blink: "Yuh tink big fowl like dat couldda roam round Yard han someboddi nuh cyatch han cook wan!"

I was like 'Duh...tekki right offa yuh mind! You'll be on the 5:00pm news and the PETA, ASPCA and hevery other animal loving organization will be banging down our door so quick it will mek yuh head spin!"

RoxiceJoe...it's nice to have you with us!! WELCOME...I doubt you'll find a better and more supportive thread on VJ! :D (Sorry, but I am very proud of our likkle Yardie thread)

Sus-ie, M2B, JaEngy, & Sunny...I am being a 'hater' right now on all of ya'll vaca planning! :angry: .... :hehe: ... :lol:

Shrewdie...have you heard anything yet?

Clairey- Lawd...yuh han yuh blinkin' laptop issues! :luv: (Love yuh same weh though)

Kimkim- How yuh feeling sweets?

Jengy- How's life inna BK wid Missa Jengy back hat deh helm?

To everyone else...much love and many blessings...the Sun is shining in NY today and I am LOVING it!!!

Have a bless-ed day... Did Marla have her 2nd interview yet?

Gill

LOL..that is too funny.. I have a friend from Tanzania and he is ALWAYS talking about how the US is crazy when it comes to our animals.. The way we treat our pets and the whole animal rights stuff cracks him up!! He says in Africa animals serve 2 purposes as security or food, DWL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all! I have been at work for an hour and a half already today :blink: and fully intend to scam out early! I have my last postings due for one class, and 2nd to last for my other class. One of my teachers announced that our final would be optional - you can either take it and have it count for 1/3 of your grade, or skip it and have your grade based on the discussions and midterm - Since I have As on all of that, no final for me! So, three more essays and one final, then school is out for the summer!

Roxcie, I agree with you - but part of the problem with adding recommendations / suggestions into the yardie thread is that they eventually get lost - The yardies are a chattie crew, and are on Part 6 already!

We can add a separate thread or put it on wiki. On the Bank account, set it up here in the USA, whenever I am in JA, I use my ATM card to withdrawn money and it come out in JA dollars. So when I left the last tiome I gave him one of my bank card for one one my least use accounts(ladies we all know we have more than one Banking accounts) Ha Ha, and I just put funds there and they withdrawl from that account. The account was with one of my Credit UNion accounts, so I have no fees.

Roxie,

My family also do the same thing. It makes it a lot easier and we don't have to travel with so much cash and not worry about sending money by western union.

Are they debit card easy like here in the US? I mean we can use our debit cards at McDonald's here!! :wacko: Can you use it like that or only to withdraw cash from the ATM machine?

Lawny, I learned that the hard way too. When you call these credit card companies and ask them for info before hand they never tell you but AFTER they charge you an arm and a leg they tell you that it is stated in the schedule of fees :angry:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
just wanted to stop bu and say hello...i was left out of my cell today :lol: what a crazy crazy experince....so not at all what i had thought child birth would be.....it was all worth it in the end....to have my little princess....the best gift i could ever ask for.....

DSC00388.jpg

Mawning Family,

Ohhh Shauna..she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy for you and I am glad you made it through alright!

Lawny...I am so sorry to hear about all of your drama! I hope your Sister will be ok. She is in my prayers! F- your Ex...like you said Chica...his time is COMING!! It's gonna be wan b1tch lick dat cyatch em when hit finally reach! ( :ot: P.S.- Why aren't you excited about your interview date!)

JG, Ken and I are probably going to send a voucher via Super plus to KJ's mom next week...I'll let you know how it goes...if you do something before that...please let me know!

Ken was very impressed with the White House...only he had a sudden urge to pee and I told him..."DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING A 'YARD STYLE' SITTIN' HOUT HERE!!! They probably have about 5000 cameras on us RIGHT NOW!!" Oh Lawd...yuh cyan tek deh man outta Yard...but yuh cyan't tek deh Yard outta deh Man!! The other day he wanted to know who owned the geese that have taken hup residence on the side of the Southern State Parkway (local highway)? I told him I don't know...the State I gues...why? "Bwoy wan a dem wouldda come in NOICE fuh Sundeh dinna!" :huh::blink: "Yuh tink big fowl like dat couldda roam round Yard han someboddi nuh cyatch han cook wan!"

I was like 'Duh...tekki right offa yuh mind! You'll be on the 5:00pm news and the PETA, ASPCA and hevery other animal loving organization will be banging down our door so quick it will mek yuh head spin!"

RoxiceJoe...it's nice to have you with us!! WELCOME...I doubt you'll find a better and more supportive thread on VJ! :D (Sorry, but I am very proud of our likkle Yardie thread)

Sus-ie, M2B, JaEngy, & Sunny...I am being a 'hater' right now on all of ya'll vaca planning! :angry: .... :hehe: ... :lol:

Clairey- Lawd...yuh han yuh blinkin' laptop issues! :luv: (Love yuh same weh though)

To everyone else...much love and many blessings...the Sun is shining in NY today and I am LOVING it!!!

Gill

Gill lef a alone, nuh??? At least me have me daughter desktop fe use. :rofl:

Marla's interview is tomorrow at 12:30 pm. Oonu pray fe har and Jason, yah, cause him worried bad. and memba sey she just lost her grand mother. :luv:

Edited by clairern

Filed: Timeline

Roxie,

JG --

I was charged an international credit card fee of $365 for 1 TRANSACTION. I could have bought another more things for my dad's house at that price. DAMN TIEF dem! It was never MENTIONED to me verbally or in writing. When I saw the report of FOX 5 news, I almost went through the roof.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Roxie,

I agree I would only use my debit card to withdrawal cash in JA, I don't truste any other company security system when it comes to credit card fraud. But using your card to withdrawal cash is a lot easier than carrying cash around.

Timeline

I think after you purchase the ticket, it allows you to choose your seats. They also have web check in and you should be able to do it there. I was able to choose my seats when I travelled last year. :thumbs:

Claire you are right, I just booked and it allowed me to choose seats after I purchased. I booked for 6/4-6/8. I'm so friggin' excited, I have something to look forward to. :dance: I can't wait to tell D when he goes on his lunch break, I thought about keeping it a surprise like Lawny did but I know myself I can't keep it to myself for too long.

.png

Timeline

Okay girls, I am going to excercise my green thumb today. Going outside to plant some flowers to try and beautify the front of the house. Our water restrictions have been lifted sightly and we can now water 3 times per week and wash our cars on the weekends. I tell you my lawn dried up and I did not wash my care for months. I hate putting my hand in dirt, even if I wear gloves, it feels so icky (?)

Soon come back.

Timeline

Claire you are right, I just booked and it allowed me to choose seats after I purchased. I booked for 6/4-6/8. I'm so friggin' excited, I have something to look forward to. :dance: I can't wait to tell D when he goes on his lunch break, I thought about keeping it a surprise like Lawny did but I know myself I can't keep it to myself for too long.

Ok M2B. My birthday is 6/6. Can I fit into your carryon? :lol: I hope you got a seat close to the front of the plane, cause when the plane lands it is like a mad rush to get off. :rofl: It is like they have something in the airport giving away to the first person that gets off :yes::rofl:

Edited by clairern

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

DSC00388.jpg

Mawning Family,

Lawny...I am so sorry to hear about all of your drama! I hope your Sister will be ok. She is in my prayers! F- your Ex...like you said Chica...his time is COMING!! It's gonna be wan b1tch lick dat cyatch em when hit finally reach! (:ot: P.S.- Why aren't you excited about your interview date!)

Gill

Hey Gill! I have missed you!!

Nope, nothing yet. BLAST THEM :(

Actually we are just having a really really hard time. I am super stressed and it seems ever since I got married and started immigration taht life as I knew it was gone and now its just a big stressball.

How funny about Ken needing to take a pee..I can see yall at the white house now!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Roxie,

WOW.. i didn't know that good info

That must be bank specific. I charged the hotel on my credit card and they didn't charge me any extra.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.