Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Morning all! I have been at work for an hour and a half already today :blink: and fully intend to scam out early! I have my last postings due for one class, and 2nd to last for my other class. One of my teachers announced that our final would be optional - you can either take it and have it count for 1/3 of your grade, or skip it and have your grade based on the discussions and midterm - Since I have As on all of that, no final for me! So, three more essays and one final, then school is out for the summer!

Roxcie, I agree with you - but part of the problem with adding recommendations / suggestions into the yardie thread is that they eventually get lost - The yardies are a chattie crew, and are on Part 6 already!

I hope everyone has a good day!

We can add a separate thread or put it on wiki. On the Bank account, set it up here in the USA, whenever I am in JA, I use my ATM card to withdrawn money and it come out in JA dollars. So when I left the last tiome I gave him one of my bank card for one one my least use accounts(ladies we all know we have more than one Banking accounts) Ha Ha, and I just put funds there and they withdrawl from that account. The account was with one of my Credit UNion accounts, so I have no fees.

Roxie,

My family also do the same thing. It makes it a lot easier and we don't have to travel with so much cash and not worry about sending money by western union.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Yardies. How is everyone doing today? Lawny I see you there. Getting ready for work or are you already at work? Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day. I am off today so just chilling. Wanted to sleep in but my sis-in-law called and woke me up. :bonk: She is getting off from work and decided to call and bug me. :wacko::wacko:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to EbonySean!!!! :luv:(L)

Hey Claire mi deh yah on the job. Lucky you off today. So, you hanging with sis-in-law today? :lol:

No sah. She live inna Fort Lauderdale. She was de one who hook me up with Mike and she calling fah updates. She more excited dan me. Me nuh knoa why but all the excitement gone outta me. After me get the intaview date is like me no excited no more. :angry:

Me a go back guh lay dung. Talk to you lata.

Hope u are resting well Clairern.. I will be in Ft Lauderdale this weekend, alot of Rg's people are their also.. I can imagine u are just about drained w/ the process, Be Blessed on May 6th!!

I won't set up Digicel for credit. I don't want more phone calls then we already get.

LOL, Jomo, I don't blame you. For me, it works right now - I add credit to DJ's phone once a month so that he can re-enroll in the unlimited call plan - that plan gives us 1000 minutes and then any further calls over that are 8 cents a minute - a lot cheaper than the rates I can find from here.

Hey Sus,

Marcel and I also have it set up that way also.

Now, ladies we have a question. What is the easiest and safest way to transfer funds from JA to the US (without going through hoops). Since 9/11 a lot of things have changed when it comes to banking. Besides, I got into it with the lady at western union last night. She commented, you sure do have someone sending you a lot of cash consistently and that it's being tracked. I asked her if that's her concern and if I've broken any laws and to just give me my money. Reply NONE, just STONE FACE.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

We can add a separate thread or put it on wiki. On the Bank account, set it up here in the USA, whenever I am in JA, I use my ATM card to withdrawn money and it come out in JA dollars. So when I left the last tiome I gave him one of my bank card for one one my least use accounts(ladies we all know we have more than one Banking accounts) Ha Ha, and I just put funds there and they withdrawl from that account. The account was with one of my Credit UNion accounts, so I have no fees.

Roxie,

My family also do the same thing. It makes it a lot easier and we don't have to travel with so much cash and not worry about sending money by western union.

So, question - what banks do not charge international service fees? Or, has anyone opened an account with Scotia Bank here?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I won't set up Digicel for credit. I don't want more phone calls then we already get.

LOL, Jomo, I don't blame you. For me, it works right now - I add credit to DJ's phone once a month so that he can re-enroll in the unlimited call plan - that plan gives us 1000 minutes and then any further calls over that are 8 cents a minute - a lot cheaper than the rates I can find from here.

Hey Sus,

Now, ladies we have a question. What is the easiest and safest way to transfer funds from JA to the US (without going through hoops). Since 9/11 a lot of things have changed when it comes to banking. Besides, I got into it with the lady at western union last night. She commented, you sure do have someone sending you a lot of cash consistently and that it's being tracked. I asked her if that's her concern and if I've broken any laws and to just give me my money. Reply NONE, just STONE FACE.

That's why I just put the money into my own account here in the USA, because all money tranactions are tracked. I transfer from one account to another. I don't know about transferring money to JA, because I just went to the ATM in Kingston, put in my pin number, withdrawled my money. No problem man. When I got home check my account and the withdrawal showed up in US dollars. He has not had any problems since he has been using the card. The only problem I can see will be if someone ask to see the card and it has my name on it.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Bwoy Quana...i wish everyday that it would be delivery day :)

I know sweetie.. I was about to turn a flip for u girl cuz u have been through the ringer.. soon come..soon come

hey kimmy.. memba rg receive him tourist visa a while ago?? mi bwoy come to Fl last month and will stay a while wid some of his people.. mi mek mi way down dere dis weekend to kick it wid him.. YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't seen him since October...

gIRLL...dat is fabulous...mi excited fi yuh..is he going to come chill with u aytime soon..at least y'll on the same continent :dance:

Clairey mi hear you..mi feel di same way too....mi no wrong yuh one rass bit !!

ya knoa mi cyan manage a wait on him LOL mi a fassy fassy gyal fi tru.. pray fa more patience fa mi (heehee) him mek him way to TX soon nuff though..

mi see ya anniversary ie coming up mi gyal ..TREE YEARS!!! LOL Will baby be here by then??

Timeline

Hey Sus,

WHAAA??? how di clerk dem gwaan be so facety and rude..she act like wit the Dept of Homeland Security or sumting???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Sus,

Lawny, I want to know the same thing lol. Have you sent it through Western Union from JA to US before? How much do they normally charge?

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Sus,

That's why I just put the money into my own account here in the USA, because all money tranactions are tracked. I transfer from one account to another. I don't know about transferring money to JA, because I just went to the ATM in Kingston, put in my pin number, withdrawled my money. No problem man. When I got home check my account and the withdrawal showed up in US dollars. He has not had any problems since he has been using the card. The only problem I can see will be if someone ask to see the card and it has my name on it.

Sus, I did the same thing. Only thing was while I was in the ATM room (yes...dem keep it lock up and only one person in at a time lol) I was using the calculator on my phone because the machine operated in JA dollars. I hope they fix that soon

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

Hey Sus,

Lawny, I want to know the same thing lol. Have you sent it through Western Union from JA to US before? How much do they normally charge?

it has been a minute since I did and I did it online so it was a lil bit more, but I believe it was a $12 charge

Hey Sus,

Marie,

He sends money to me every month to pay the phone bill and if he wants me to buy him stuff for him when I come down. I don't mine since it's his money, but the last 2 times I traveled I was overweight and I had to cuss him out :angry: at lot of Jamaicans are still under the impression that you still pack 70lbs on most airlines, but it's was changed to 50lbs on Air Jamaica.

I forgot to tell you all, when I came through Baltimore last week I was asked about 15 different questions about my trip. Why I had traveled so frequently in the last 10 months, who, where, when I stayed, I see you're a born JAMAICAN, do you have family there and so on. Then I was questioned about my residency stamp in my passport (why did you get it, are going planning on moving back, don't forget you're USC, it went on). I just politely answered. I told him I went to see my fiance and my family. He asked me when I'm getting married and I told him I don't know I don't have a date yet. He was the same officer that checked me in the last 3 times I've flown into Baltimore. Just my luck I guess. I'm sure I've been FLAGGED (don't give DAMN).

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
GILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL where the HECK have you BEEN! I need youuuuuuuu

Thanks Sus I"ll check it out

also www.ratestogo.com. I had booked a hotel there for $64.00 a night look for the last minute section, u can book 20 days out, oops that is not enough time for you. *sigh* back to the drawing board.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Hey Sus,

Western Union is a nightmare - For the first time DJ lost his phone, I went online to send him $ to get a new one - I had to call before they would process the transaction, answer a bazillion questions - only to be told that they couldn't send the money due to their security reasons - He has a really common name, and it came up on some list, but they wouldn't give me a reason - and even when I asked about giving his middle name, birthdate, ID # - nothing was acceptable. But, I can walk into a Western Union and send it - makes no sense at all.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Hey Sus,

it has been a minute since I did and I did it online so it was a lil bit more, but I believe it was a $12 charge

oooh my bad.. just looked at my statement and it was $20 online.. don't know how much in person though..

GILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL where the HECK have you BEEN! I need youuuuuuuu

Thanks Sus I"ll check it out

also www.ratestogo.com. I had booked a hotel there for $64.00 a night look for the last minute section, u can book 20 days out, oops that is not enough time for you. *sigh* back to the drawing board.

JENGS...where you been. I missed you.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.