Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

the toby's is also affordable about the same as the gloriana if not maybe lil cheaper.. its on the strip near drs cave

We thought about trying Toby's, but not sure. Ms. Mento knows us all now, so the glorianna is the "regular"

What are Toby's rooms like? I hate that the ones at the Glorianna are so dark!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
the toby's is also affordable about the same as the gloriana if not maybe lil cheaper.. its on the strip near drs cave

We thought about trying Toby's, but not sure. Ms. Mento knows us all now, so the glorianna is the "regular"

What are Toby's rooms like? I hate that the ones at the Glorianna are so dark!

Hey!! I like Toby's. It's where my hubby and I stay when we are chilling in Mo'Bay. The rooms are spacious enough and clean, and there's a large patio door which lets a lot of light in. It's a small resort, and the workers there are all friendly. The restaurant is good, and there's a beach around the corner, and it's within walking distance of the strip. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for something inexpensive, but safe. We've never had a problem there, and I'm actually looking at planning a weekend trip to surprise my husband, and this is probably where we'll end up staying.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
just wanted to stop bu and say hello...i was left out of my cell today :lol: what a crazy crazy experince....so not at all what i had thought child birth would be.....it was all worth it in the end....to have my little princess....the best gift i could ever ask for.....

DSC00388.jpg

Congratulations Shauna. She is so precious looking. I love all her hair. All the best :)!!! :star:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

For anybody renewing passports in the states. There is now this new passport card good for the Caribbean Mexico Canada and Bermuda. It is much cheaper than a passport book. I was think about getting this for my little girl. Have you gals heard about this? I might even get one myself than a passport book. Since the only place we will be traveling is Jamaica. I am going to ask the post office tomorrow about it. B)

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

awwww Shauna, I know I saw the pics already, but that large size one made me want to cry remembering all the thoughts of having mine.....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Hey Roxie and all thanks for helping me out yesterday. I was able to play around with the dates and got a fare for $378.00 out of BWI (connect in Miami) which I DETEST! But what can I do. I've avoided that airport for 15 years. Has it changed any.

The Mami airport is just bigger, more :whistle: congestived and you will have to walk a mile to connect to your JA flight. I hate it also, but to get this price it looks like the connections are all in Mami. I will be in Mami on Thursday, trying to get some R&R. I wanted to skip over to JA for the weekend, but they want 300.00 for a three day trip. I am losing it over the cost of these flights, I see the prices rising on a daily basis since I am looking for tickets everday for my Travel business.

Roxie I just noticed you're in MD/DC area. Yeah, as much I dislike it I'm going there. Now, I have to find a hotel. It was so DAMN HOT at his house my last visit I can't take it and my dad is adding another level to his house and I just don't want to be bothered with my moody family in June since everyone will be there for my aunt's and my cousin's weddings.

A hotel in what part of Jamaica? Maybe I can help you. I stay in the Kingston Area, uptown as they call it when I visit my husband. I say downtown.

Hey Roxie,

I'm looking for a hotel in Montego Bay that is not all inclusive. I can't deal with the hotel food. I don't know if it's because I'm a born Jamaica it's just plain nasty. I can eat at family and drink whatever and where ever I want. Besides when I'm at an all inclusive I never stay on the property I just find it boring. So, anywhere in the Montego Bay area. Thanks baby girl.

Hey Tre, give me a quess estimate as to what you might be willing to pay per night. Also what are the dates, and for how many nights. I prefer to look for travel deals, much better than trying to write this contract for this project for my 9 to 5 ( pays the mortage) job. Also I just keep day dreaming about the time that I will only be booking travel and traveling to my favorite islands. You know what was so funny I had never been to JA until I met my husband, and I met him here in the USA.

Thanks Roxie; 6/20-6/26 (nothing over $150) I know you can't get anything all inclusive, but that's a waste to me anyway. I just don't want to wake up in the hotel room the middle of the night and have to fight with a cockroach to get to the toilet. I'm not sure if you've seen a JAMAICAN cockroach, but on my last trip there his friends thought that someone was trying to kill me in the house. I ran out to the varenda screaming. That roach looked at me like WOMAN! TURN THAT DAMN LIGHT OFF and go the HELL BACK TO BED! So, anything decent.

Do you prefer being on the hip strip? Or would you prefer a mom and pap hotel? If you want something off the beaten path try the Verney House Hotel. Its up on a hill next to Cheat wood Elementary School and Mount Alvernia High School (all JA friends are welcome). The Sterlings are the nicest people if there is a problem all you have to do is let them know. I believe last time I checked rooms were 50 bucks a night. On the hip strip I prefer El Greco but its a little more pricey. We like the kitchen and living area and your friends can come over you just have to make sure the front desk knows.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Oh I was going to say the Verney House Hotel is on Leader Ave. If you wanted to know exactly. This is where I stayed with my college for many years. Its a nice yardie place. Not many tourist stay there so its more of your local hotel.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hey Shauna nice to see you..glad ur up and about (somewhat)

Jax..it's ur turn next :)

I guess it's my turn next not looking forward to labor at all. I am still wondering what hard contractions feel like I guess I will soon know. Hubby and I cleaned the house today so she can come anytime now. I go see the doc tomorrow afternoon. Well see if I have dilated yet. I thought if we made spicy JA food tonight she might come. No look with the jerk chicken; calloo; rice peas; plantains; and hot pepper sauce. At least our friends loved the food :whistle: and baby guess liked it and is deciding not to budge. It is just so good to be done with work feet are feeling better know. Everything is swollen on my body. Praying doc will say its time mania.

Kimmy how is your pregnancy going? Are you still feeling good. You probably get asked this all the time.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

There is now this new passport card good for the Caribbean Mexico Canada and Bermuda. It is much cheaper than a passport book.

I saw that and was actually thinking about it. But, I guess you never know what might happen in the next ten years so I went ahead and got another "real" one.

What if you win a trip to Fiji? :dance: Then you have to wait for a new passport to come

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardies. How is everyone doing today? Lawny I see you there. Getting ready for work or are you already at work? Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day. I am off today so just chilling. Wanted to sleep in but my sis-in-law called and woke me up. :bonk: She is getting off from work and decided to call and bug me. :wacko::wacko:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to EbonySean!!!! :luv:(L)

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Hey Roxie and all thanks for helping me out yesterday. I was able to play around with the dates and got a fare for $378.00 out of BWI (connect in Miami) which I DETEST! But what can I do. I've avoided that airport for 15 years. Has it changed any.

The Mami airport is just bigger, more :whistle: congestived and you will have to walk a mile to connect to your JA flight. I hate it also, but to get this price it looks like the connections are all in Mami. I will be in Mami on Thursday, trying to get some R&R. I wanted to skip over to JA for the weekend, but they want 300.00 for a three day trip. I am losing it over the cost of these flights, I see the prices rising on a daily basis since I am looking for tickets everday for my Travel business.

Roxie I just noticed you're in MD/DC area. Yeah, as much I dislike it I'm going there. Now, I have to find a hotel. It was so DAMN HOT at his house my last visit I can't take it and my dad is adding another level to his house and I just don't want to be bothered with my moody family in June since everyone will be there for my aunt's and my cousin's weddings.

A hotel in what part of Jamaica? Maybe I can help you. I stay in the Kingston Area, uptown as they call it when I visit my husband. I say downtown.

Hey Roxie,

I'm looking for a hotel in Montego Bay that is not all inclusive. I can't deal with the hotel food. I don't know if it's because I'm a born Jamaica it's just plain nasty. I can eat at family and drink whatever and where ever I want. Besides when I'm at an all inclusive I never stay on the property I just find it boring. So, anywhere in the Montego Bay area. Thanks baby girl.

Hey Tre, give me a quess estimate as to what you might be willing to pay per night. Also what are the dates, and for how many nights. I prefer to look for travel deals, much better than trying to write this contract for this project for my 9 to 5 ( pays the mortage) job. Also I just keep day dreaming about the time that I will only be booking travel and traveling to my favorite islands. You know what was so funny I had never been to JA until I met my husband, and I met him here in the USA.

Thanks Roxie; 6/20-6/26 (nothing over $150) I know you can't get anything all inclusive, but that's a waste to me anyway. I just don't want to wake up in the hotel room the middle of the night and have to fight with a cockroach to get to the toilet. I'm not sure if you've seen a JAMAICAN cockroach, but on my last trip there his friends thought that someone was trying to kill me in the house. I ran out to the varenda screaming. That roach looked at me like WOMAN! TURN THAT DAMN LIGHT OFF and go the HELL BACK TO BED! So, anything decent.

Do you prefer being on the hip strip? Or would you prefer a mom and pap hotel? If you want something off the beaten path try the Verney House Hotel. Its up on a hill next to Cheat wood Elementary School and Mount Alvernia High School (all JA friends are welcome). The Sterlings are the nicest people if there is a problem all you have to do is let them know. I believe last time I checked rooms were 50 bucks a night. On the hip strip I prefer El Greco but its a little more pricey. We like the kitchen and living area and your friends can come over you just have to make sure the front desk knows.

Good morning everyone, it seems like everyone have had some good and not so good experiences with some of these hotels. Why don't we put together a link that list what hotels we have stayed at in JA, and list their: location, Price range, rating, special feactures, friendliness, JA friends and family welcome etc. I think this will help all of us when we have to make that trip back HOME, as it will and is now to us all.

Please remember if we have a centralized place for this information it will be easier to refer them to this location. You'll have some valuable information but it is all in past of private conversations. What do you'll think about this. The grocery store information was very vaulable.

Also , instead of westernunion for the mothers who are still in JA create a local Bank account in your Husband name and give the mother the ATM card, it cheaper to be charge 2.50, vs the 11.99 or more everytime you send $$$$$. Put her on a budget, it could be something like 50.00-100.00 a month, if that is what it is, she will learn to live with it, just like we are living within our budget paychecks. AS for the call for money, I refer all JA calls to him( he is still in JA), I remind him this is your future you will be spending. Number one rule, your family needs to call you, while my family should only call me when it is in refernce to money. Note, his JA family won't call him, so the call ends after I tell them they needs to speak to him. The money tree has dried up in the back yard. On a side note, I haven't had such a big problem with this yet, The only problem I felt uncomfortable with was a mutual friend of both of our who made such a request and I told him to take care of this.

Sorry for going off topic.

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Yardies. How is everyone doing today? Lawny I see you there. Getting ready for work or are you already at work? Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day. I am off today so just chilling. Wanted to sleep in but my sis-in-law called and woke me up. :bonk: She is getting off from work and decided to call and bug me. :wacko::wacko:

Hey Claire mi deh yah on the job. Lucky you off today. So, you hanging with sis-in-law today? :lol:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey Claire mi deh yah on the job. Lucky you off today. So, you hanging with sis-in-law today? :lol:

No sah. She live inna Fort Lauderdale. She was de one who hook me up with Mike and she calling fah updates. She more excited dan me. Me nuh knoa why but all the excitement gone outta me. After me get the intaview date is like me no excited no more. :angry:

Me a go back guh lay dung. Talk to you lata.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Morning all! I have been at work for an hour and a half already today :blink: and fully intend to scam out early! I have my last postings due for one class, and 2nd to last for my other class. One of my teachers announced that our final would be optional - you can either take it and have it count for 1/3 of your grade, or skip it and have your grade based on the discussions and midterm - Since I have As on all of that, no final for me! So, three more essays and one final, then school is out for the summer!

Roxcie, I agree with you - but part of the problem with adding recommendations / suggestions into the yardie thread is that they eventually get lost - The yardies are a chattie crew, and are on Part 6 already!

I hope everyone has a good day!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Morning everyone!

First off, congrats Nannygirl!!! Your daughter is so beautiful!

Marlita - Its amazing what God has in store for us. Your case is SPEEEEDING through NVC!!! :dance:

Kimmy - Whats up? You finish your registry? lol

Roxcie - that's a great idea! We could just create a new thread and then bump it every once in a while so it doesn't get lost

JG - Let me know how the SuperPlus thing works out. I didn't know they had that kind of service. I agree in that I would rather send the food rather than the money. My aunt asked me for money to buy a microwave but instead of going to Western Union I went straight to Courts and bought one for her. Sometimes you just don't know what people do with it, even if they are close family/friends.

Jason/Marla - Sending prayers for your interview tomorrow.

Sus - Good luck on finals! I finished all of mine yesterday. So now I can spend more time on VJ (in between packing up all my stuff lol)

Hope all is well with everyone!

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.