Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

JAEng, when are you going? I am there May 25th - June 2nd

We're there the 21st May til the 1st June!! We'll be in Negril, where are you staying?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Lawny I just realized you'll be down there on my birthday...it's the 23rd of June...so when you're down there PLEASE have a Magnum & Red Bull or Stone's Ginger Wine for me...I love having one under the trees on the beach while the men are kicking back, fishing, or scaling fish...those are good times!! I miss JA!! :crying:

Ms. P...thanks for your prayers. Girl I thought I was the only one that drank that combination of magnum red bull and stone ginger wine.

Ms. P, to tell you the truth I felt like, I like I was on top of a cliff and I was falling backwards. I was sick the entire time I was in Jamaica, but Marcel took excellent care of me. Wouldn't give me NONE! :angry: ... left the island without getting any (since aunt flow showed up on the only day I was feeling better) :angry:

The hospital is trying to get her to at least 23 weeks and she is in a bed with her feet up in the air. She can't do anything. She was given the option to terminate and we said NO!...we'll wait it out and deal with whatever God sets before us. I know God will only give me so much to bear. At least last night I was able to get 4 hours of sleep. My hair looked like a bird made a nest in it and I was able to keep food down yesterday.

I'm telling you STRESS will wreck havoc on your system. Now, my hair has started to fall out again. I'm seroiusly trying to remain FOCUS!

Thanks again my girl and to all others with their prayers.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Shauna and likkle Ms...update :dance:

Kayla Leilani Francis made her debut at 12:18 AM (today), by emergency c-section. Shauna has been in the hospital for the past few days because her BP was up and the Docs didn't like that. Kayla is 8 lbs 12 oz and almost 21 inc long. Shauna had to have a vertical c-section because the little one was NOT ready to come out and was still tucked up so far and they "vacummed" her outta there.

She's tired and feeling good. The baby is great ! Shauna will remain in the hospital for up to 5 days. She won't be online for quite awhile.

Once she's out of the hospital and settled, I'll be making a trip to see her and the little one.

Kelly

WELCOME BABY KAYLA!!!!! Shauna, I am so happy you both made it through alright!! CONGRATULATIONS MAMA NANS!!!

BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH!!!

JG Gurl, I am so sorry that you and Andre are going through all this outside drama!!! But Sweets, don't forget...you both have been through much worse and this is just yet another bump in the road we call marriage! I just don't get how some people have the bloody guall(sp?) to call someone FIFTY-SEVEN times!!!! I mean seriously what would have been there back-up plan if Andre had never met you and he moved here? Well, it may be time for them to figure it out! I HATE TO SAY IT BUT ANDRE (bless his sweet nature) might now need to lackhoff EVERYONE!!! It seems that they are taking his sweetness for weakness and I am SURE that is NOT the case. What stinks is that the innocents (the children) will have to suffer because the adults can't seem to understand the meaning of the words "WE DON'T HAVE IT!!"

Look, I know this may sound harsh...but it is time to focus on K & A right now and make your dreams come true!! Good luck Chica, I know this is hard on both of you...but this too shall pass!

Sorry, I've been out of touch for the last few days...We decided to take a spontaneous road trip with the boys to visit my Sis in D.C.!! We went to the Air/Space Museum, Natural History Museum (they have an AWESOME exhibit on Rastafari) & the White House! Ken has been really enjoying the sites, although the weather has been crappy ever since we got here!

:angry:

Alright, I hope all is well otherwise with our Yardie Family! I'll read up on tings later!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Gill,

Mi ago tump u inna u head...how u come a DC and no come visit mi. Joke mi a joke. Sorry about the bad wheather, but we've had a lot of rain the last few years in April. Ltatahs

Lawny

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Hey guys, goodnight. Been here catching up.

Congrats again to Nanny and her must-be beautiful little girl.

Everybody else who has good news--congrats and for those undergoing strife--as someone stated earlier--God never gives us more than we can handle.

Lawny--good to have you back and sorry to hear about all the trials that you are going through right now. I am happy to hear that you received an interview date.

About your brother that is having heart trouble--what exactly did the doctor say was wrong with his heart? I hope this doesn't scare you but here is a little synopsis of what they are proposing to do.

Sometime one's heart can go into an abnormal rhythm and has to be shocked back to a normal rhythm. One's heart can fibrillate or flutter (beat without pumping) adn when blood is not pumped the right way from the heart t can clot and cause problems. Sometime IV medications can be used to regulate the heartbeat and if that does not work after a few days, they use the defribrilator to send an electrical shock to your heart, stopping the heart and then it might or will return to its normal beat. Sometimes it takes more than one shock to make this work. Have you ever seen when a person has a heart attack on an TV show and they use those pads to shock them and their body jerks? That is exactly the same thing only the heart is still beating and they have to actually stop it so it restarts normally.

I know this sounds scary but it can be a lifesaver for your brother. At the same time an anesthesiologist is there with sedatives and analgesics to present the pain and so he does not remember the event. They are also there just in case the patient loses his air way, they can immediately intubate them and put them on the breathing machine till their breathing is spontaneous. They never leave the bedside unitl the patient is fully recovered.

I do this on a regular basis in out ICU and it has always been successful and there never was any need to intubate. This is done on very old and sick people also with success.

I hope I did not scare you, but it a good thing for your brother. Just pray and put him in Gods' hands and ask him to guide the cardiologist's hands and all will be well Hoping to hear some good news soon. :thumbs::thumbs:

Hey Claire,

He was born with the condition. It hasn't happened since 2002, but they did it yesterday and he's okay now. The run a something from a vein in his groin and get it to his heart and shock it.

Lawny - My cousin had her daughter when she was 6 months pregnant - the baby weighed 14 oz at birth, and was all arms and legs. She is 25 now and has had a perfectly normal life. Anything is possible, you just have to have faith and keep praying.

Morning everyone!

Thanks Sus. That's why we choose not to terminate and just deal with what's ahead of us.

tep aff a mi name

Duane and Lillie;

I ask that God watch over you and your fiance today during your interview in Kingston. May he deliver the both of you to the embassy safely and return the both of you home safely to celebrate your APPROVAL. All these things I pray to our heavenly father. Amen.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We're there the 21st May til the 1st June!! We'll be in Negril, where are you staying?

In Negril - we will definitely have to link up, then! I told DJ that I wanted to go to Negril for the week - I love Negril - we're staying at Negril Beach Resort. I would give you his phone number now so that you could call us - but right now you would probably reach the taxi guy in Ochi :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Islandwoman: I'm still waiting... lol

Soon come gurl!! :lol:

IW --- go turn in your DS-230 so we can link up in June in Jamaica.

That would be awesome!! But I don't think I will make it back for the interview unless I win the lottery. I was waiting for the interview before going back down but Anthony didn't want to wait anymore so I bought the ticket on the 15th. 2 hrs later I had my approval. If only I had the JA style and waited. Now I am debating whether to change my flight or still go next month. Anthony is totally like get yer butt here now!!!!

Right now I can't even find where my petition is in order to drop off the DS-230. I sent NVC an e-mail Friday morning and have no reply. Tried to call yesterday and it just rang busy all day. :wacko:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

I saw it yesterday. She's been in my prayers all night. Poor thing.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Kayla Leilani Francis made her debut at 12:18 AM (today), by emergency c-section. Shauna has been in the hospital for the past few days because her BP was up and the Docs didn't like that. Kayla is 8 lbs 12 oz and almost 21 inc long. Shauna had to have a vertical c-section because the little one was NOT ready to come out and was still tucked up so far and they "vacummed" her outta there.

She's tired and feeling good. The baby is great ! Shauna will remain in the hospital for up to 5 days. She won't be online for quite awhile.

Once she's out of the hospital and settled, I'll be making a trip to see her and the little one.

Kelly

WELCOME BABY KAYLA!!!!! Shauna, I am so happy you both made it through alright!! CONGRATULATIONS MAMA NANS!!!

BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH!!!

JG Gurl, I am so sorry that you and Andre are going through all this outside drama!!! But Sweets, don't forget...you both have been through much worse and this is just yet another bump in the road we call marriage! I just don't get how some people have the bloody guall(sp?) to call someone FIFTY-SEVEN times!!!! I mean seriously what would have been there back-up plan if Andre had never met you and he moved here? Well, it may be time for them to figure it out! I HATE TO SAY IT BUT ANDRE (bless his sweet nature) might now need to lackhoff EVERYONE!!! It seems that they are taking his sweetness for weakness and I am SURE that is NOT the case. What stinks is that the innocents (the children) will have to suffer because the adults can't seem to understand the meaning of the words "WE DON'T HAVE IT!!"

Look, I know this may sound harsh...but it is time to focus on K & A right now and make your dreams come true!! Good luck Chica, I know this is hard on both of you...but this too shall pass!

Sorry, I've been out of touch for the last few days...We decided to take a spontaneous road trip with the boys to visit my Sis in D.C.!! We went to the Air/Space Museum, Natural History Museum (they have an AWESOME exhibit on Rastafari) & the White House! Ken has been really enjoying the sites, although the weather has been crappy ever since we got here!

Alright, I hope all is well otherwise with our Yardie Family! I'll read up on tings later!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Did Ken say he thought the white house would be bigger? We went last year and Andre was like it looks so much bigger on TV. I have a video on my phone of him dancing in front of the White House. Andre thought the Holocust Museum was the most amazing thing on our visit.

My husband is back, Gill. Last night, I came home to find him cutting the grass. He moved stones around in the backyard, surrounded the tree with stones and mulch, and built this stone grotto thing in the garden. It is beautiful. My landlord was impressed. Andre said it was practice for the new job I found for him. A gal here at work, her BF started his own lawncare business, got some pretty big businesses around here on contracts, lost his employee to a full-time job, and asked if Andre wanted to work on his days off, for cash. Andre's pretty excited about it. Barring any rain, he'll be working 7 days a week, so no time for all those phone calls or worrying. And, I was so touched today when he said he wanted to put that money in savings money for a car or whatever else we are saving for at that moment.

This morning, we discussed bills, debts, bankruptcy, down payments for cars & houses, etc. etc. etc. He never really wanted to know all the details. I was so proud of him for taking some initiative in that and taking some pressure off me.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

That would be awesome!! But I don't think I will make it back for the interview unless I win the lottery. I was waiting for the interview before going back down but Anthony didn't want to wait anymore so I bought the ticket on the 15th. 2 hrs later I had my approval. If only I had the JA style and waited. Now I am debating whether to change my flight or still go next month. Anthony is totally like get yer butt here now!!!!

Right now I can't even find where my petition is in order to drop off the DS-230. I sent NVC an e-mail Friday morning and have no reply. Tried to call yesterday and it just rang busy all day. :wacko:

Either call NVC early in the morning or late in the day. When you get a busy singal don't wait too long to call them back. That's what I did. Also, when the embassy gave me the interview date, I called the 202 number to confirm it and they were very nice. The woman was talking a whole in my head. I know they embassy is sick of me e-mailing them, but I DON'T CARE. That's what WE pay our taxes for. Even the lady that that spoke to me outside at the embassy told me to ask WHATEVER questions I want by e-mail. Even if the questions may seem silly. Just ask it

anyway.

I forgot to tell you guys that one day we were driving in Mobay and he gets pulled over for speeding (we'd been fussing) about how fast he was driving and he was not WEARING A SEAT BELT :angry: So, his ticket was to be $500 for no (seatbelt) and $5000 for the (speeding). For whatever reason the officer called me out the car to talk to me...well, wouldn't you know it...he only had to pay for the seatbelt ticket. The officers EYES was so burried into my BREAST :angry: that he only gave him a ticket for the seatbelt, so I told Marcel that he owes me $5,000. I was talking to the officer for about 10 mins before he finished writing up the ticket. He was chatting pure FART about wanting to come to the states. I asked him if he wanted help with the ticket and he said, no. So, after Marcel signed the ticket and we go to walk off, I turned and said to the officer, do you like my BREAST? He started to stutter and the other officers just turned their heads. We just got in the car and drove off. He never let the speedometer go pass 80K again.

tep aff a mi name

Kelly

BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH!!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Did Ken say he thought the white house would be bigger? We went last year and Andre was like it looks so much bigger on TV. I have a video on my phone of him dancing in front of the White House. Andre thought the Holocust Museum was the most amazing thing on our visit.

My husband is back, Gill. Last night, I came home to find him cutting the grass. He moved stones around in the backyard, surrounded the tree with stones and mulch, and built this stone grotto thing in the garden. It is beautiful. My landlord was impressed. Andre said it was practice for the new job I found for him. A gal here at work, her BF started his own lawncare business, got some pretty big businesses around here on contracts, lost his employee to a full-time job, and asked if Andre wanted to work on his days off, for cash. Andre's pretty excited about it. Barring any rain, he'll be working 7 days a week, so no time for all those phone calls or worrying. And, I was so touched today when he said he wanted to put that money in savings money for a car or whatever else we are saving for at that moment.

This morning, we discussed bills, debts, bankruptcy, down payments for cars & houses, etc. etc. etc. He never really wanted to know all the details. I was so proud of him for taking some initiative in that and taking some pressure off me.

That's good news JG. Actually, great news.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Lawny, You are So BAD!

Lawny, we need a group prayer this morning. Sarah (FutureMrs/NowMrs) called me last night. She had a buddy pass and was hoping some kind soul would give up their seat from Arizona to KC so Sarah could be at her sister's bedside when they did as she wished and pulled the plug on her. Congestive Heart Failure. Sarah lost her mom in October (?) of 2006 to the same thing. She's doing really well; but taking it really hard. So, please say a prayer for her today and through the rest of the week of funeral arrangements.

On a good note, Marlon got a job and they are doing really well.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Either call NVC early in the morning or late in the day. When you get a busy singal don't wait too long to call them back. That's what I did. Also, when the embassy gave me the interview date, I called the 202 number to confirm it and they were very nice. The woman was talking a whole in my head. I know they embassy is sick of me e-mailing them, but I DON'T CARE. That's what WE pay our taxes for. Even the lady that that spoke to me outside at the embassy told me to ask WHATEVER questions I want by e-mail. Even if the questions may seem silly. Just ask it

anyway.

I forgot to tell you guys that one day we were driving in Mobay and he gets pulled over for speeding (we'd been fussing) about how fast he was driving and he was not WEARING A SEAT BELT :angry: So, his ticket was to be $500 for no (seatbelt) and $5000 for the (speeding). For whatever reason the officer called me out the car to talk to me...well, wouldn't you know it...he only had to pay for the seatbelt ticket. The officers EYES was so burried into my BREAST :angry: that he only gave him a ticket for the seatbelt, so I told Marcel that he owes me $5,000. I was talking to the officer for about 10 mins before he finished writing up the ticket. He was chatting pure FART about wanting to come to the states. I asked him if he wanted help with the ticket and he said, no. So, after Marcel signed the ticket and we go to walk off, I turned and said to the officer, do you like my BREAST? He started to stutter and the other officers just turned their heads. We just got in the car and drove off. He never let the speedometer go pass 80K again.

You're a hoot!!!! :rofl:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Lawny, You are So BAD!

Lawny, we need a group prayer this morning. Sarah (FutureMrs/NowMrs) called me last night. She had a buddy pass and was hoping some kind soul would give up their seat from Arizona to KC so Sarah could be at her sister's bedside when they did as she wished and pulled the plug on her. Congestive Heart Failure. Sarah lost her mom in October (?) of 2006 to the same thing. She's doing really well; but taking it really hard. So, please say a prayer for her today and through the rest of the week of funeral arrangements.

On a good note, Marlon got a job and they are doing really well.

To my beautiful sister Sarah; I pray for you and your family in these times;

Father God,

I know that you will guide Sarah and her family as you've always done in the past. Today she/we lean hard on that and ask that you to continue to show her and her family your tremendous STRENGTH and POWER. Father, sometimes I know that things are brought before us…but you promise to meet our needs even then. Today I acknowledge we need you. Lord I pray that you give Sarah and her family emotional strength… spiritual insight… and physical stamina to help her and her family get through this. Thank you Father that your tender care encompasses Sarah and her family. Help them to draw on that today and to praise you for it!

In the name of Jesus I pray for Sarah and her family and for all my sisters on VJ.

In Jesus precious and ever loving name I pray.

AMEN...AMEN...AMEN

tep aff a mi name

In Negril - we will definitely have to link up, then! I told DJ that I wanted to go to Negril for the week - I love Negril - we're staying at Negril Beach Resort. I would give you his phone number now so that you could call us - but right now you would probably reach the taxi guy in Ochi :whistle:

:rofl:

nex time make him put a damn PASSWORD on the phone!

We'll be at the Riu Club, but we'll be escaping the hotel to go to the Jungle etc......Going to get a cellphone while I'm there so will pm you the number once I get down there :dance:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.