Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Afternoon Yawdies!!

JG...Hey girl...I can't even imagine the frustration you were feeling during this time. I think about that kind of stuff all the time...folx from back home trying to take advantage of my husband when he reaches here just because they think that he will have it made. Hell, I experience that from time to time now. People always asking him to ask me for stuff, or they will ask him for stuff (even though he doesn't have much) and they feel like it's ok because they believe that he has an American wife that will take care of it. RASS!! I've listened to him tell them that he is" NOT asking me for anything for them! If they want something they should work for it, because she works hard for the things that she has and why should he (or they) take that from me?" Over the past year he has begun to see who his "real" friends are and who are not...and at times it's been hurtful for him, but like I told him, you'll eventually see people's true intentions once you learn to say NO! Luckily for me I've never had that problem! LOL...but saying NO to those that were trying to take advantage of him was something he was not good at doing when we first met a few years ago, and he would always end up on the shi##! end of the stick! But he's come a long way. I tell him it's only going to get worse once he's here because he'll have DIRECT access to more, but he feels like he will be able to handle it...we'll see...Anyway, I'm glad that you and Andre are working through this together, and I know the two of you will continue to stay strong and make the right decisions for YOU and YOUR family! Tell Andre to never mind de bad man dem!! And that the yaardies on VJ got his back if he needs us!! BULLET! BULLET! BULLET!! :lol::lol:

Part of the problem is that Andre had a good job for the last 6 years in JA. He took care of all those freeloaders before and now they feel he needs to continue. We are not in the position to do that. They are not getting that. I feel like any one of them can work. In the family situation alone, there are 5 adults capable of working. Andre also says you are a fool if you starve in Jamaica. There were many times we would fish in the sea, go crabbing, and then climb trees for our dinner.

What you said about the friends......sadly, Andre had many friends in JA. Of them, only 2 of them have not shown their face. The JA friends that remain otherwise, are those who are in the US or Canada. It's been a real eye opener for him. It makes me sad. Really sad.

Morning all and congrats on baby Kayla!

We are already going through this friend issue - DJ has had some tough times in the past few months, starting with his car being stolen. He has learned very quickly who is a true friend and who is not - it's hard to sit by and watch your man hurting - DJ is always the one who helps everyone too, and when he needed it, none of them were around.

And, my frustration item of the day - Another phone gone, he left his cell in a taxi :wacko:

DJ and my husband must be brothers!! LOL :blink::blink: I lie to you not, I was calling my husband yesterday over and over...finally this dude picks up the phone and I'm like "I need to speak to Gregory." Phone hung up...Called back...same thing...This went on all evening...I get a call from my husband this morning saying his phone had fallen out in a taxi and when he went back to the driver, it was no longer there...I believe this is phone number 5...Sometimes I wonder how the man keeps up with the underwear on his a@#!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DJ and my husband must be brothers!! LOL :blink::blink: I lie to you not, I was calling my husband yesterday over and over...finally this dude picks up the phone and I'm like "I need to speak to Gregory." Phone hung up...Called back...same thing...This went on all evening...I get a call from my husband this morning saying his phone had fallen out in a taxi and when he went back to the driver, it was no longer there...I believe this is phone number 5...Sometimes I wonder how the man keeps up with the underwear on his a@#!

LOL - you made my day - it's nice to know that I am not alone in that thought!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay. I got my interview date and guess what. I asked for it (even the time). June 24th 1:30 pm. I told you that lady I spoke to outside the embassy was so very nice. She told me to ask for an afternoon appointment and I got it. Since we'll be driving from Trelawny. Now, mi need smadi fi help mi find a ticket. I'm so stress right now mi can't concentrate on nothing. So, if anyone wants to help me of have some free time -- BWI to MBJ 6/20-6/27

i looked and all i can say is OUCH

I looked too......$412-500 on Delta. I advise you to book soon, Tre. Gas prices are only rising! It's great news to know it's finally coming to that point. I wish you so much luck!

Here's one that I found on Kayak.com 6/20-6/27/08 : $382 total

select Delta BWI 6:40a MBJ 1:10p (7h 30m)1

MBJ 2:00p BWI 10:18p (7h 18m)1

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Hey Hey!

Hello Yardies...

Welcome baby Kayla. Nanny, hope you feel better soon so that you can really enjoy Kayla....

JG, sorry to hear about what's going on with you and Andre. Stay on him because he needs you right now and probably doesn't even know it...

Lawny, Sorry to hear about your family members, I hope things get better real fast. Congrats on the interview date. Things are moving fast now...

Tnw:Where are you? I thought you were going to call me... Sjb1221: We need to chat....

Sus and Mrs. Palmer: Jamaicans think phones grow on trees..lol The loose them like nothing... I told Ray not to even tell when he looses another phone. It's aggravating, so I know you guy's feel.

Kimmy, Jengles: What's going on gyals?

Where's Gill? Missing you girl...

Islandwoman: I'm still waiting... lol

JaEnglish: Lovin the pics of your son. I'm just watching him grow right up..... Always smiling.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Hey Hey Hey!

Hello Yardies...

Welcome baby Kayla. Nanny, hope you feel better soon so that you can really enjoy Kayla....

JG, sorry to hear about what's going on with you and Andre. Stay on him because he needs you right now and probably doesn't even know it...

Lawny, Sorry to hear about your family members, I hope things get better real fast. Congrats on the interview date. Things are moving fast now...

Tnw:Where are you? I thought you were going to call me... Sjb1221: We need to chat....

Sus and Mrs. Palmer: Jamaicans think phones grow on trees..lol The loose them like nothing... I told Ray not to even tell when he looses another phone. It's aggravating, so I know you guy's feel.

Kimmy, Jengles: What's going on gyals?

Where's Gill? Missing you girl...

JaEnglish: Lovin the pics of your son. I'm just watching him grow right up..... Always smiling.

Look at www.farecompare.com and compare prices with all of the airlines. Be careful, some of these sites the taxes and fees are not include in the initial price, they don't show up until you are ready to buy.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

Hey Michele i'm here..making shrimp for the hubby :)

Roxcie good point on the tax thing..also lastminute.com is usually good...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Okay. I got my interview date and guess what. I asked for it (even the time). June 24th 1:30 pm. I told you that lady I spoke to outside the embassy was so very nice. She told me to ask for an afternoon appointment and I got it. Since we'll be driving from Trelawny. Now, mi need smadi fi help mi find a ticket. I'm so stress right now mi can't concentrate on nothing. So, if anyone wants to help me of have some free time -- BWI to MBJ 6/20-6/27

i looked and all i can say is OUCH

I looked too......$412-500 on Delta. I advise you to book soon, Tre. Gas prices are only rising! It's great news to know it's finally coming to that point. I wish you so much luck!

Here's one that I found on Kayak.com 6/20-6/27/08 : $382 total

select Delta BWI 6:40a MBJ 1:10p (7h 30m)1

MBJ 2:00p BWI 10:18p (7h 18m)1

I hope you booked this flight already, because I don't see it on Kayak anymore. That's the other thing sometimmes there is only one seat at these prices and you, me and everyone else trying to get to JA is looking at that seat.

Filed: Timeline

http://www.ytbtravel.com/hopeful

I found a flight for those dates on Delta for 387.00 including taxes. This price is only on this site, if you go to Delta it is higher. I am a travel ageant, so I did some searches for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Roxie,

Thanks I'm playing around with the dates. The woman that came out to talk to me at the embassy suggested I ask for 3 dates, I had no idea they would give me June 24th. My aunt is getting married the 21st and my cousin is getting married the 22nd, so it worked out perfectly.

My girlfriend's interview is also the same day. She was told a lot of interviews were scheduled for June (so ladies, I guess I'll see you in Jamaica then). Sunny, I hope you get your date around the time you're there. Maybe Marcel and Ray can fly up together. It seems like a lot of interviews are being scheduled the 1st week of June and the 3rd week of June.

Kimmy, Sus, Jengs, Mommy, JG, English, Brownin, Ms. P, Sunny, lawd if mi lef aff anybody name sarry, mi head is not in the right place now. Thanks for the prayers.

Kimmy, my sister is still in the hospital she is not allowed to get out of bed at ALL. Her bag ruptured for no reason, but she was having back labor for many weeks and the EDIAT doctors told her it was normal and I'm telling her she's not suppose to be feeling so much pain and that it sounds like it was labor pains and I WAS RIGHT. :angry: As soon as she moves she starts to leak fluid again. They have to bath her in bed and everything else. My brother is having procedure tomorrow that will shock his heart back into rhythm (dat no look like it spell right).

Sad thing is, I'm not even excited about the interview. What's wrong with me. When I got the e-mail I was like whatever. I just need ya'll to keep me focus and make sure I gather the proper information.

Kimmy -- as far as my EX...his day is coming. He's mad because I moved out and refused to tell him where I'm living, but for him to tell my son, I'm not coming back HURT me to the CORE. The rage I was feeling that day is undiscribeable. My caan even type wah mi did wah do.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Soon come gurl!! :lol:

IW --- go turn in your DS-230 so we can link up in June in Jamaica.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Lawny- Girl I cannot even begin to imagine the level of stress that you are under right now...I know I probably would have stroked out by now...But remember first and foremost to trust in the Lord thy God!! He and ONLY he is truly in charge and is the healer of all things...I know that His will be done, and you have to trust and believe it too! And tell your sister to STAY PUT and do EVERYTHING that the doctor says because she is REALLY early and they need to do everything that they can to keep the baby in there as long as possible...most doctors will say that the fetus stands a better chance of survival at 25-26 weeks. I know I had a former co-worker who they made stay in the hospital for 3 months...and she was in some kind of bed that had her tilted back most of the day to hold the baby in there!! And your brother will be fine, although I've never heard of such a procedure (although I'm no doc so I guess I wouldn't!) Did he have some prior heart condition? If he's relatively healthy then he should be fine. You're in the Washington area so you all definitely have access to some of the best facilities/docs around...And as for not being excited right now...Girl, there's nothing wrong with you. Your plate is so full and your emotions are all over the place and it's just draining you that's all...but don't worry...we here on VJ will be plenty excited for you and we'll definitely keep you on track. Just take some time for yourself to keep yourself and your health and sanity in order--for you, Marcel, and your son. Remember, lean on us girl, yell, cuss, do whatever you gotta do--we're here for ya! :thumbs: Love you girl!!

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
Lawny I just realized you'll be down there on my birthday...it's the 23rd of June...so when you're down there PLEASE have a Magnum & Red Bull or Stone's Ginger Wine for me...I love having one under the trees on the beach while the men are kicking back, fishing, or scaling fish...those are good times!! I miss JA!! :crying:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.