Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wait ...am i reading correctly...$60,000 for a divorce ???? now mi know why ppl separate and never divorce OMG !!

They should make getting married as hard as getting divorced!! :bonk:

Except for us, of course. We have to jump through enough hoops to get married!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus..i hope u get a discount or something..my gosh that's a lot

I am talking $60,000 JA, not US - Unfortunately, I work in commercial litigation, and not JA family law so no discount! But, I spent lots of time researching the issue before DJ went to a lawyer and filed - that seems to be the going rate in most of JA, even for a straight up divorce, no kids, no property,....

ahhaha..of course no discount..it's JA :lol: forgive mi likkle slow today

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I am talking $60,000 JA, not US - Unfortunately, I work in commercial litigation, and not JA family law so no discount! But, I spent lots of time researching the issue before DJ went to a lawyer and filed - that seems to be the going rate in most of JA, even for a straight up divorce, no kids, no property,....

Doesn't he know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a way to get it done better/faster/easier?????????????????

I'm sorry. I'm in that kind of a mood today....not anyone's fault on here. I should not joke about it.

You just hang in there Sus. It will all be so worth it in the end, you will forget all this foolishness!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Doesn't he know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a way to get it done better/faster/easier?????????????????

I'm sorry. I'm in that kind of a mood today....not anyone's fault on here. I should not joke about it.

You just hang in there Sus. It will all be so worth it in the end, you will forget all this foolishness!

too dyam funny !! i bet you there is a "WAY" :whistle:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

LMAO - Thankfully, for the most part, he hasn't hit me with the "know someone to do it faster" lines yet - he tends to follow the proper channels :thumbs:

Now if we could fix the phone issue, we'd be good :whistle:

Kimmy, it could easily cost you close to that in the US if you had a complex situation - my friend just went through a nasty, nasty, dragged out ordeal with her ex SOB hiding money and playing games - I think her attorneys fees were close to $80K

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

LMAO - Thankfully, for the most part, he hasn't hit me with the "know someone to do it faster" lines yet - he tends to follow the proper channels :thumbs:

Kimmy, it could easily cost you close to that in the US if you had a complex situation - my friend just went through a nasty, nasty, dragged out ordeal with her ex SOB hiding money and playing games - I think her attorneys fees were close to $80K

Holy #######! She couldn't probably hired someone to (clears throat) take care of the problem for less then that!

I filed my own divorce. I did it for under $500 and that was just proper forms, filing fees, and hiring a lawyer to just skim over what I did to make sure it was correct. Luckily, my ex- was pretty agreeable. Didn't even have issues with the kids.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

yuh seet, wish mi did have 8K :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

That's no lie Sus!! I worked for a family law attorney and we have one client who has paid $105,000 so far. I can't imagine!!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

girl i know what u mean with these phones....good thing Kashi took care of his phone only had 2 in 3 yrs..so not bad..but mi have family wah mi affi ask what the heck di phone do to u ? and when i go with my phone they wnat mine..ok ..den wah mi a go use...

bwoy mi and yuh both ...

mi sarry if mi affi pay soo much..mi nah divorce yuh can tan dere...u want marry again YOU file and pay fieit...ahhaa

Timeline
girl i know what u mean with these phones....good thing Kashi took care of his phone only had 2 in 3 yrs..so not bad..but mi have family wah mi affi ask what the heck di phone do to u ? and when i go with my phone they wnat mine..ok ..den wah mi a go use...

bwoy mi and yuh both ...

mi sarry if mi affi pay soo much..mi nah divorce yuh can tan dere...u want marry again YOU file and pay fieit...ahhaa

I agree with you!

We are on phone # I forget how many since January - First his cousin took off with his phone - so I left him mine (old Digicel) - then that broke, so he bought a new one - which fell in a puddle, another new one - dropped it in a bucket of concrete - then the wire got cut (no clue how that happened) - now he left it in the cab :help::bonk:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

bwoy mi and yuh both ...

I agree with you!

We are on phone # I forget how many since January - First his cousin took off with his phone - so I left him mine (old Digicel) - then that broke, so he bought a new one - which fell in a puddle, another new one - dropped it in a bucket of concrete - then the wire got cut (no clue how that happened) - now he left it in the cab :help::bonk:

:rofl:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OOOO!! this is in JA.... that's a relief..just gotta keep these things as side notes..u never know :innocent::whistle::lol:

stop making me laugh on the people dem job...but don't forget you will hopefully recoup the costs via child support :whistle::whistle:

the divorce decree is holding up, wedding plans, I need to book now, the fare went up from Friday, i'm using miles, but someone else is paying and j.a. is soooooo soon come it's not funny, u know it's bad when the j.a. lawyer says nothing happens before it time.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
OOOO!! this is in JA.... that's a relief..just gotta keep these things as side notes..u never know :innocent::whistle::lol:

stop making me laugh on the people dem job...but don't forget you will hopefully recoup the costs via child support :whistle::whistle:

the divorce decree is holding up, wedding plans, I need to book now, the fare went up from Friday, i'm using miles, but someone else is paying and j.a. is soooooo soon come it's not funny, u know it's bad when the j.a. lawyer says nothing happens before it time.

the lawyer said that..darn it..him no know nobody pon di inside :) mi hope it come tru soon though

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS SHAUNA!! Welcome Kayla!! I'm mad she was still up there chillin though...like she had absolutely NO intentions of coming out any time soon!! :lol::lol:

Hey Kelly...long time since I've seen you up here...glad to see you! Are you doing ok?

Question for some of the vets....Do any of you still keep in contact with ChristineJames?

I see her on here from time to time. She doesn't really post much. I think I last talked to her a few months ago. I may have her e-mail somewhere. Do you need it?

I do!! Thanks!!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.