Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well I've been pouring my old VJ "pm's" that I downloaded via e-mail to see if I had Shauna's number but looks like my orgainization skills still need some serious work :blush: . SJB don't say a thing ...:whistle: . Sorry Shauana if you gave it to me and I lost it. Hope everything is ok.

But while searching I came across some old messages and I wanted to say to Lee if you still read "hey girl" :star:.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Michele - Are you going to Luciano at Toads in May?

I may have to consider that one. I have so much going on in the next few weeks though; but I'll let you know if I can make it.

I have alot going on too, but I don't want to miss Luciano! PM me if you decide to go and we will have to link up.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi ladies, its been a while since I've been on here.. been going through some personal troubles.. :( I had been slowly telling my family about my pregnancy and my fiance and lets just say its been tough. My mother took it better than expected and has been very supportive, my father on the other hand took it really hard... on top of that my fiance and I have been having ups and downs .. its been so rough being apart.. hopefully everything will work itself out.

Congrats to all the ladies who have been approved or cases updated.... still waiting to at least get a touch but I know it could be a while...

Girl, I know how it is. But it passes trust me. I think all of us on here can vouch for that. Your family will come around. If they never knew much about your fiance you can't really blame them for not being to thrilled about the situation. They are just looking out for you plus in shock. I mean to hear that you are pregnant, getting married to a man they may not really know, or know at all, plus they can't meet him now cause he lives in a foreign country...well...it probably sounds crazy to them. But once time passes and they begin to let the idea settle, especially after they meet him, it will be all good. My dad was sooooo not about my husband before the wedding. husaband emailed him to spark a convo and even poured his heart out to the man and my dad never budged....didnt even respond back to him. The finally met and spoke for the 1st time when I had Evan pick my dad up at the airport for my wedding. My dad went down a day before me so it was just the 2 of them. Scary it was not...those fools are like best buds now. Talk on the phone all the time. In JA they loved playing pool together chatting and drinking Guiness... so trust...your dad will come around.

I know.. and I don't really blame them for feeling that way especially my dad cause I will always be "daddy's little girl" in his eyes, but it doesn't make it any easier. I do hope things will get better once they get to know each other... Although did I forget to mention the language barrier??? my mom only speaks spanish and my dad speaks and understands english but has his difficulties... Dion (my fiance) only speaks certain words in spanish and they are soooo not appropriate for my parents :devil:

Have a great weekend ladies! We are having great weather here in nyc hopefully it will stay that way.

This is EXACTLY what I was gonna say! I am my "daddys little girl" too, and I realized just how difficult this was for him after I sat back and really looked at the situation. Your dad always wants to protect you...no matter how grown you become. Oh the language thing is a difficult one. I dont have those issues, but I can imagine how it makes things alot harder. I remember going to meet an ex's parents in NY for the holidays, and they spoke heave patois, making it very difficult for me to understand them. I always felt out of the loop or like an outsider just cause of the language thing. Fast forward a few years and patois is not much of a problem for me anymore. I think its just gonna take alot of effort on your part to bridge the gap between your family and your soon to be husband, and trust me it will all begin to flow soon enough.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hi ladies, its been a while since I've been on here.. been going through some personal troubles.. :( I had been slowly telling my family about my pregnancy and my fiance and lets just say its been tough. My mother took it better than expected and has been very supportive, my father on the other hand took it really hard... on top of that my fiance and I have been having ups and downs .. its been so rough being apart.. hopefully everything will work itself out.

Congrats to all the ladies who have been approved or cases updated.... still waiting to at least get a touch but I know it could be a while...

Girl, I know how it is. But it passes trust me. I think all of us on here can vouch for that. Your family will come around. If they never knew much about your fiance you can't really blame them for not being to thrilled about the situation. They are just looking out for you plus in shock. I mean to hear that you are pregnant, getting married to a man they may not really know, or know at all, plus they can't meet him now cause he lives in a foreign country...well...it probably sounds crazy to them. But once time passes and they begin to let the idea settle, especially after they meet him, it will be all good. My dad was sooooo not about my husband before the wedding. husaband emailed him to spark a convo and even poured his heart out to the man and my dad never budged....didnt even respond back to him. The finally met and spoke for the 1st time when I had Evan pick my dad up at the airport for my wedding. My dad went down a day before me so it was just the 2 of them. Scary it was not...those fools are like best buds now. Talk on the phone all the time. In JA they loved playing pool together chatting and drinking Guiness... so trust...your dad will come around.

M2B, I agree wid Lita! Remember a few weeks ago I was telling you how nervous I was about what my family would say about Ken...especially my Dad!! Gurl, I was so stressed about the whole thing I can't even tell you! Well, it's been two weeks now and my Dad LOVES Ken!! Ken chops down trees for him, cleans and details his car, makes him lunch, listens to his stories about "Yard back innamyday' stories.

When I initally told my father I had filed he told me that Ken probably has 4 kids in the country is gonna get his green card and file for his one of his FOUR baby Mama's!!! Pure foolishness!! I know he was scared b/c like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman'..I was a bum magnet...up until Ken!!

Here's the joke...today my father asked me "Why did you wait so long to file for Ken!?" :blink::huh:

So, I say all this to say two things...1). you...have to make YOU happy & 2). one way or another it WILL work out!

Hang in there and don't be a stranger! :luv:

Bless,

Gill

Gill you aint neva lied!! haha, the chop the tree part...all Evan do is talk bout how him gwaan chop mi trees!! haha Yes family comes around, it just takes more time for them to process the new addition that will be coming into ALL your lives.

damn.....we just paid $500 each for tickets to JA in May :(

I couldn't wait any longer because I need to get a damn JOB!!

Hopefully next year we can get cheaper flights....

Doubtful Engy...if fuel prices keep going up! That's what pushing up the price so much! A gallon of 87 unleaded is $3.55 now and super is $3.76!! I'm sorry, but I remeber when a gallon was $.97!

Well the good news is that your going to JA!

Bless,

Gill

Girl we got gas in the $4.00 plus range ova yah! Hence why I never go no where.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Hello,

Has anyone heard from Jawi876? If you speak to her let her know I miss her writing. That story kept me reading all the time.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Congratulation to all those with upcoming interviews. I hope to be one soon.

Wanda

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Timeline
It's too much for me to talk about today, Mrs. P., without crying. But, thanks for asking.

It's out of my hands. Just waiting to see what happens next.

oh JG. we all seem to be having such a hard time lately. I am trying to think of something realistic and logical like you would tell one of us..but I dont really have anything. ahha

go ahead and cry..unless you are tired of crying..then..dont cry..

youre in my prayers!

Awww...you just made me smile.

It's okay. Andre's dealing with something he won't tell me about right now. Something to do with his mother. He completely shut me out, which hurt more then anything. I just stopped trying to coax it out of him. In fact, today, I didn't say anything at all....didn't even call him like I usually do. Things are better tonight. He actually said he was sorry for being such a butt and hurting me when it wasn't my fault. It's not perfect as far as apologies go; but it's better then it was. Baby steps!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE UNDER MY FEET..........Woke up at 4:39 a.m. today to a nice little earthquake. Ironically, it's the 102 anniversary of the San Fancisco Earthquake TODAY. I'm all for commemorating; but come on........

I was cussing. First time I got to sleep all the way till 4 a.m. all week. I knew something had to ruin it!

Do you guys get bad earthquakes out there? Never new there were quakies in that area. I ususally sleep right thru them....if they're not strong. It takes some serious shakin to get me out of bed. haha, can you tell i live in California :blush:

Yep. We live on the New Madrid fault line. We feel them from time to time, usually small ones. This is the biggest I've ever felt here; but not the biggest I ever felt. I was woke up early one morning in JA during an earthquake too. Early July 2005, I think it was. It was more scary cause I had that Thailand tsunami fresh in my mind.

I kept singing "I feel the earth move under my feet" all day long.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

The day my husband met my father, my father was sitting in the kitchen, cleaning a shotgun. I dropped off Andre and went to work. 4 hours later, they were sitting in the tv room watching Benny Hill ond DVD and laughing. Andre said my dad was cool; but he never wanted to watch Benny Hill ever again. I said, you looked like you liked it. He said, he had no clue what was going on and he just laughed when my dad laughed.

I swear I am surrounded by goofballs.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Well I've been pouring my old VJ "pm's" that I downloaded via e-mail to see if I had Shauna's number but looks like my orgainization skills still need some serious work :blush: . SJB don't say a thing ...:whistle: . Sorry Shauana if you gave it to me and I lost it. Hope everything is ok.

But while searching I came across some old messages and I wanted to say to Lee if you still read "hey girl" :star:.

As of yesterday afternoon, no baby...she's still all tucked away. I'll keep you posted if she makes a surprise this weekend. "Due date" is Monday, we were all taking bets that she would have made her arrival this week. She's just quite comfortable :luv:

Thanks Kimmy, I'm hanging in there.

Island woman, I know about the distance taking its toll on us.. I was just there in January so its been about 3 months but by the time I get there in June it will be about 5... we do talk everyday on the phone several times a day... which is a killer on my phone bill...but I'm sure you all know what that's like.

Mrs, I live in nyc so I can fly out JFK, Laguardia, or Newark. I usually do a supersearch through travelzoo.com so I get search through all the major travel websites at once, I usually book with Expedia though.

If you go to Airjamaica.com they have specials - the one I bought is good till June 24th. Sale is $288 but of course once they tack all the fees etc it came to $380, but it was the cheapest I found for non-stop.

I know all about the phone bill!!! The best deal we found right now is Digicel international that gives 1,000 minutes for $1,000ja for a month. That will last us just about 2 weeks. Anthony bought a 2nd chip for his phone so we get that deal for the 2nd half of the month as well. That has been a big saver. For me to call him I buy Sprint prepaid phone cards. If you watch CVS, they have then buy 1 get 1 free every so often.

Ladies sorry to chime in on your conversation but I found that Rebtel at www.rebetel.com offers great rates from your Mobile. at 19 cents a minute, also you can assign a local number to correspond to their Jamaica number. Check out this web site. www.Rebtel.com

Make a cheap call to Jamaica

Landline Mobile

USD 0.099

| USD 0.199

Just call and talk at these cheap Rebtel rates. Make a cheap call to Jamaica

Landline Mobile

USD 0.099

| USD 0.199

I talk to my husband at least three times a day, because like everyone else I miss him so much. We haven't file our CR1 yet, because we are waiting on the job visa. If that doesn't play out, I will go there for the entire summer and work via my own make shift satellite office. I just informed my boss of this and he just blinked twice and left my office. Ha Ha.

He thinks I am joking,but right now I am calling for my Sprint Mobile Broadband Connection Plan for my laptop.

I am a woman on a mission.

Good fo you Rox...I say GO FOR IT!!! All dem cyan seh is 'NO'!!! I WISH I could've don somehing like that!

Good luck,

Gill

Thanks Gill, a couple of hours later my boss came back into my office and asked me was I serious ? I told him that I was very serious, then he told me to submit a business proposal as to the how and what projects/assignments I would like to work on. Now this seems more like it, everyone is getting on board with my game plan. My boss does not know that I am married, since I only got married two months ago. I don't think I am going to let him in on this yet. I had spoken to him about doing some community service projects in Jamaica awhile back and he was very intrested in what I wanted to do. I had spoken about putting together a summer school program concentrating on math, reading tutoring and computer programming (tech) training. Focusing on the children in middle shool, I have worked as a volvuteer doing tutoring in these area before.

But my husband wants me to leave it along for right now, he says now is not the time. We are going to disagree on this, but I will not push to hard on this right now. I will wait until he is here in the USA with me.

Filed: Timeline

As of yesterday afternoon, no baby...she's still all tucked away. I'll keep you posted if she makes a surprise this weekend. "Due date" is Monday, we were all taking bets that she would have made her arrival this week. She's just quite comfortable :luv:

Thanks Kelly ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Kelly ;)

Ditto!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Thanks Kelly!! Please send Shauna my love (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

M2B, I agree wid Lita! Remember a few weeks ago I was telling you how nervous I was about what my family would say about Ken...especially my Dad!! Gurl, I was so stressed about the whole thing I can't even tell you! Well, it's been two weeks now and my Dad LOVES Ken!! Ken chops down trees for him, cleans and details his car, makes him lunch, listens to his stories about "Yard back innamyday' stories.

When I initally told my father I had filed he told me that Ken probably has 4 kids in the country is gonna get his green card and file for his one of his FOUR baby Mama's!!! Pure foolishness!! I know he was scared b/c like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman'..I was a bum magnet...up until Ken!!

Here's the joke...today my father asked me "Why did you wait so long to file for Ken!?" :blink::huh:

So, I say all this to say two things...1). you...have to make YOU happy & 2). one way or another it WILL work out!

Hang in there and don't be a stranger! :luv:

Bless,

Gill

Thanks Gill! :)

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yea, I wish I could go there often but unfortunately I have a very demanding schedule at work and I can't take too much time off. I am planning a trip in june for a few days, been looking at airfare but it is ridiculous right now, the cheapest I've found is about $400 and up b/c I only like to fly non-stop. Its a bit cheaper with a connection.

It sure is!! I just paid $380 for a non-stop from JFK to Kingston. And that is after I drive 4 hours to get to JFK. :bonk: But I had to do it. It has been almost 6 months since I was there last and it was taking its toll on us, for sure.

I finally got Dave's ticket this week on Delta and paid $400 for his one way....JA to pittsburgh, going thru JFK. I think his plane "stops" in kingston on the way to JFK....probably the same flight u got! LOL

All the airfares are ridiculous right about now with these fuel prices. I could've flown dave straight to pittsburgh but no matter what...he would've had to connect somewhere.

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.