Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For flights, I use farecompare.com and find the best rates - they let you play with your dates and give you best options for each - I paid $240 RT from JFK for my next trip, direct flight -

Hey, with so many of us in the NY area (I am in CT) we should have a linkup!

Absoultely! Where bouts in CT are you? I have cousins that live in Danville area.

That's way up in CT! I am living in Fairfield right now working in Stamford - so about 40 minutes outside of Manhattan.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah the plane tix are getting ridiculous!! I actually drove down to Atlanta from NC to save on airfare!! And with the continuing rise in fuel prices, unfortunately there is no end in sight. :angry::angry:My husband and I are planning to go to the Bahamas in June so we're saving for those flight tix (his from JA, mine from NC)...and then I'm planning on being back in JA in July...I'm trying hard not to do down in May to save money, but I do miss him so. Where do you fly from? Where do you usually by tickets from? Good luck to you! :thumbs:

Mrs. Palmer - I never thought about doing this! About how much are the plane tix from JA to the Bahamas?

From what I've seen online they seem to be about $300-$400...of course, I've only looked once...I am going to have him go to the travel agency that we saw in Ochi to see if they can come up with something better...and I only looked on Expedia...but yeah...we wanted to go somewhere different, and since he at least has a JA passport, he can go to the Bahamas on it with no problems. We were able to secure a hotel room at the Breezes in the Bahamas at no cost because he is an employee at the Breezes in Runaway Bay, and they are allowed to stay at the various Superclubs resorts with approval and prior notice...I am so looking foward to this!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
It's too much for me to talk about today, Mrs. P., without crying. But, thanks for asking.

It's out of my hands. Just waiting to see what happens next.

oh JG. we all seem to be having such a hard time lately. I am trying to think of something realistic and logical like you would tell one of us..but I dont really have anything. ahha

go ahead and cry..unless you are tired of crying..then..dont cry..

youre in my prayers!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Thanks Kimmy, I'm hanging in there.

Island woman, I know about the distance taking its toll on us.. I was just there in January so its been about 3 months but by the time I get there in June it will be about 5... we do talk everyday on the phone several times a day... which is a killer on my phone bill...but I'm sure you all know what that's like.

Mrs, I live in nyc so I can fly out JFK, Laguardia, or Newark. I usually do a supersearch through travelzoo.com so I get search through all the major travel websites at once, I usually book with Expedia though.

If you go to Airjamaica.com they have specials - the one I bought is good till June 24th. Sale is $288 but of course once they tack all the fees etc it came to $380, but it was the cheapest I found for non-stop.

I know all about the phone bill!!! The best deal we found right now is Digicel international that gives 1,000 minutes for $1,000ja for a month. That will last us just about 2 weeks. Anthony bought a 2nd chip for his phone so we get that deal for the 2nd half of the month as well. That has been a big saver. For me to call him I buy Sprint prepaid phone cards. If you watch CVS, they have then buy 1 get 1 free every so often.

Ladies sorry to chime in on your conversation but I found that Rebtel at www.rebetel.com offers great rates from your Mobile. at 19 cents a minute, also you can assign a local number to correspond to their Jamaica number. Check out this web site. www.Rebtel.com

Make a cheap call to Jamaica

Landline Mobile

USD 0.099

| USD 0.199

Just call and talk at these cheap Rebtel rates. Make a cheap call to Jamaica

Landline Mobile

USD 0.099

| USD 0.199

I talk to my husband at least three times a day, because like everyone else I miss him so much. We haven't file our CR1 yet, because we are waiting on the job visa. If that doesn't play out, I will go there for the entire summer and work via my own make shift satellite office. I just informed my boss of this and he just blinked twice and left my office. Ha Ha.

He thinks I am joking,but right now I am calling for my Sprint Mobile Broadband Connection Plan for my laptop.

I am a woman on a mission.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah the plane tix are getting ridiculous!! I actually drove down to Atlanta from NC to save on airfare!! And with the continuing rise in fuel prices, unfortunately there is no end in sight. :angry::angry:My husband and I are planning to go to the Bahamas in June so we're saving for those flight tix (his from JA, mine from NC)...and then I'm planning on being back in JA in July...I'm trying hard not to do down in May to save money, but I do miss him so. Where do you fly from? Where do you usually by tickets from? Good luck to you! :thumbs:

Mrs. Palmer - I never thought about doing this! About how much are the plane tix from JA to the Bahamas?

From what I've seen online they seem to be about $300-$400...of course, I've only looked once...I am going to have him go to the travel agency that we saw in Ochi to see if they can come up with something better...and I only looked on Expedia...but yeah...we wanted to go somewhere different, and since he at least has a JA passport, he can go to the Bahamas on it with no problems. We were able to secure a hotel room at the Breezes in the Bahamas at no cost because he is an employee at the Breezes in Runaway Bay, and they are allowed to stay at the various Superclubs resorts with approval and prior notice...I am so looking foward to this!

Sweet deal!! I work at the Holiday Inn in VT part-time just to get the employee rate (and vacation money!!). It's a really good deal, but not free! Good for you. :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE UNDER MY FEET..........Woke up at 4:39 a.m. today to a nice little earthquake. Ironically, it's the 102 anniversary of the San Fancisco Earthquake TODAY. I'm all for commemorating; but come on........

I was cussing. First time I got to sleep all the way till 4 a.m. all week. I knew something had to ruin it!

Do you guys get bad earthquakes out there? Never new there were quakies in that area. I ususally sleep right thru them....if they're not strong. It takes some serious shakin to get me out of bed. haha, can you tell i live in California :blush:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hi ladies, its been a while since I've been on here.. been going through some personal troubles.. :( I had been slowly telling my family about my pregnancy and my fiance and lets just say its been tough. My mother took it better than expected and has been very supportive, my father on the other hand took it really hard... on top of that my fiance and I have been having ups and downs .. its been so rough being apart.. hopefully everything will work itself out.

Congrats to all the ladies who have been approved or cases updated.... still waiting to at least get a touch but I know it could be a while...

Girl, I know how it is. But it passes trust me. I think all of us on here can vouch for that. Your family will come around. If they never knew much about your fiance you can't really blame them for not being to thrilled about the situation. They are just looking out for you plus in shock. I mean to hear that you are pregnant, getting married to a man they may not really know, or know at all, plus they can't meet him now cause he lives in a foreign country...well...it probably sounds crazy to them. But once time passes and they begin to let the idea settle, especially after they meet him, it will be all good. My dad was sooooo not about my husband before the wedding. husaband emailed him to spark a convo and even poured his heart out to the man and my dad never budged....didnt even respond back to him. The finally met and spoke for the 1st time when I had Evan pick my dad up at the airport for my wedding. My dad went down a day before me so it was just the 2 of them. Scary it was not...those fools are like best buds now. Talk on the phone all the time. In JA they loved playing pool together chatting and drinking Guiness... so trust...your dad will come around.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi ladies, its been a while since I've been on here.. been going through some personal troubles.. :( I had been slowly telling my family about my pregnancy and my fiance and lets just say its been tough. My mother took it better than expected and has been very supportive, my father on the other hand took it really hard... on top of that my fiance and I have been having ups and downs .. its been so rough being apart.. hopefully everything will work itself out.

Congrats to all the ladies who have been approved or cases updated.... still waiting to at least get a touch but I know it could be a while...

Girl, I know how it is. But it passes trust me. I think all of us on here can vouch for that. Your family will come around. If they never knew much about your fiance you can't really blame them for not being to thrilled about the situation. They are just looking out for you plus in shock. I mean to hear that you are pregnant, getting married to a man they may not really know, or know at all, plus they can't meet him now cause he lives in a foreign country...well...it probably sounds crazy to them. But once time passes and they begin to let the idea settle, especially after they meet him, it will be all good. My dad was sooooo not about my husband before the wedding. husaband emailed him to spark a convo and even poured his heart out to the man and my dad never budged....didnt even respond back to him. The finally met and spoke for the 1st time when I had Evan pick my dad up at the airport for my wedding. My dad went down a day before me so it was just the 2 of them. Scary it was not...those fools are like best buds now. Talk on the phone all the time. In JA they loved playing pool together chatting and drinking Guiness... so trust...your dad will come around.

I know.. and I don't really blame them for feeling that way especially my dad cause I will always be "daddy's little girl" in his eyes, but it doesn't make it any easier. I do hope things will get better once they get to know each other... Although did I forget to mention the language barrier??? my mom only speaks spanish and my dad speaks and understands english but has his difficulties... Dion (my fiance) only speaks certain words in spanish and they are soooo not appropriate for my parents :devil:

Have a great weekend ladies! We are having great weather here in nyc hopefully it will stay that way.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

damn.....we just paid $500 each for tickets to JA in May :(

I couldn't wait any longer because I need to get a damn JOB!!

Hopefully next year we can get cheaper flights....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Kimmy, I'm hanging in there.

Island woman, I know about the distance taking its toll on us.. I was just there in January so its been about 3 months but by the time I get there in June it will be about 5... we do talk everyday on the phone several times a day... which is a killer on my phone bill...but I'm sure you all know what that's like.

Mrs, I live in nyc so I can fly out JFK, Laguardia, or Newark. I usually do a supersearch through travelzoo.com so I get search through all the major travel websites at once, I usually book with Expedia though.

If you go to Airjamaica.com they have specials - the one I bought is good till June 24th. Sale is $288 but of course once they tack all the fees etc it came to $380, but it was the cheapest I found for non-stop.

I know all about the phone bill!!! The best deal we found right now is Digicel international that gives 1,000 minutes for $1,000ja for a month. That will last us just about 2 weeks. Anthony bought a 2nd chip for his phone so we get that deal for the 2nd half of the month as well. That has been a big saver. For me to call him I buy Sprint prepaid phone cards. If you watch CVS, they have then buy 1 get 1 free every so often.

Ladies sorry to chime in on your conversation but I found that Rebtel at www.rebetel.com offers great rates from your Mobile. at 19 cents a minute, also you can assign a local number to correspond to their Jamaica number. Check out this web site. www.Rebtel.com

Make a cheap call to Jamaica

Landline Mobile

USD 0.099

| USD 0.199

Just call and talk at these cheap Rebtel rates. Make a cheap call to Jamaica

Landline Mobile

USD 0.099

| USD 0.199

I talk to my husband at least three times a day, because like everyone else I miss him so much. We haven't file our CR1 yet, because we are waiting on the job visa. If that doesn't play out, I will go there for the entire summer and work via my own make shift satellite office. I just informed my boss of this and he just blinked twice and left my office. Ha Ha.

He thinks I am joking,but right now I am calling for my Sprint Mobile Broadband Connection Plan for my laptop.

I am a woman on a mission.

Good fo you Rox...I say GO FOR IT!!! All dem cyan seh is 'NO'!!! I WISH I could've don somehing like that!

Good luck,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

M2B, I agree wid Lita! Remember a few weeks ago I was telling you how nervous I was about what my family would say about Ken...especially my Dad!! Gurl, I was so stressed about the whole thing I can't even tell you! Well, it's been two weeks now and my Dad LOVES Ken!! Ken chops down trees for him, cleans and details his car, makes him lunch, listens to his stories about "Yard back innamyday' stories.

When I initally told my father I had filed he told me that Ken probably has 4 kids in the country is gonna get his green card and file for his one of his FOUR baby Mama's!!! Pure foolishness!! I know he was scared b/c like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman'..I was a bum magnet...up until Ken!!

Here's the joke...today my father asked me "Why did you wait so long to file for Ken!?" :blink::huh:

So, I say all this to say two things...1). you...have to make YOU happy & 2). one way or another it WILL work out!

Hang in there and don't be a stranger! :luv:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
damn.....we just paid $500 each for tickets to JA in May :(

I couldn't wait any longer because I need to get a damn JOB!!

Hopefully next year we can get cheaper flights....

Doubtful Engy...if fuel prices keep going up! That's what pushing up the price so much! A gallon of 87 unleaded is $3.55 now and super is $3.76!! I'm sorry, but I remeber when a gallon was $.97!

Well the good news is that your going to JA!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Timeline
Hey, with so many of us in the NY area (I am in CT) we should have a linkup!

Hey what happened to all of the CT people anyways... probably had to move because of the high cost of living here :blink:

We've been talking about that for years but everyone had scheduling differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.