Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

babysitting fees are the killer..disney wanted $11.00 per hour for one of their kid camp, or u could do in room for $16.50/hr for two kids. to me that is a bit steep, especially when u want them only when the kids are sleeping at night.

was thinking about Altantis, they ususally have a sale around sept or oct. and would need the meal plan as that place is EXPENSIVE

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Hey everyone!

yuh knoa Dwayne fe pick up packet 3 yesterday and de gi him packet 4 same time. What a blessing God is to us in this process. His favor is gracious kind and appreciated. Bwoy we gots work fe do now. I’m going to down on the 18th I’m excited to Rass! :dance::dancing:

Wakey

WOW!! Good for you - you have some awesome luck on your side. Blow some my way.....

Blowing Blowing!!! :whistle:

Wakey - you certainly are a lucky charm!!! It worked - I got a-mail from that handsome CRIS today giving me the good news todoay. I thought I was going to faint while on the phone with Anthony. And he was so damn calm about it........that JA style.

Now blow Sunny's way!

Hot Dawg!!! Me happy to Rass fe ya!!! Blowing Sunny Blowing :whistle: Teday Dwayne trying fe get his passport so we can get police report. He went yesterday and they wanted 7000JA. A friend tell him of another place for 3000 and faster than 2 weeks. We pray for faster turnaround.

Wakey - I found this website in another post. http://www.mns.org.jm/ApplyingforPoliceRec...79/Default.aspx

Sounds like someone is trying to put a tad extra in their pocket for 7000ja. :whistle::whistle:

Sounds like 7000JA

thanks but he is trying to get the passport which is needed to get the police report. He said he was traveling to someplace called Appleton. His brother went here to get his and told him about it. I pray it works out.

He doesn't have a passport yet??? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you have to have a valid passport for 6 months before they grant the visa.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hope u get something soon Jengs so the price will be good....got our 3yr anniversary next month and i have not a clue :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
hope u get something soon Jengs so the price will be good....got our 3yr anniversary next month and i have not a clue :)

Me too, I'm trying to explore my options.

Timeline
Las Vegas would be more fun without kids - But, there is a lot there to do for kids - They are trying to make it more of a family environment.

I want to be anywhere but work right now! I feel so crappy, I just want my bed :(

Actually they are trying to make it more adult now. They tried the family thing about 10years ago and it wasn't working. Vegas lost so much money.....kids don't shop, kids dont gamble, kids dont drink alcohol. So now Vegas is totally adult...darn near Xrated at many places. Most of the kiddie places have closed down or are soon closing. I have alot of current project in Vegas and it has nothing to do with the kiddies no more. I wouldn't suggest Vegas for anyone with kids...unless you're staying at a timeshare...and I wouldn't suggest a timeshare in the middle of vegas when you have amazing hotels...get my drift. Vegas is the best for single ladies, or couples who just want to have a wild time....hence I LOVE IT!!! haha

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Las Vegas would be more fun without kids - But, there is a lot there to do for kids - They are trying to make it more of a family environment.

I want to be anywhere but work right now! I feel so crappy, I just want my bed :(

Actually they are trying to make it more adult now. They tried the family thing about 10years ago and it wasn't working. Vegas lost so much money.....kids don't shop, kids dont gamble, kids dont drink alcohol. So now Vegas is totally adult...darn near Xrated at many places. Most of the kiddie places have closed down or are soon closing. I have alot of current project in Vegas and it has nothing to do with the kiddies no more. I wouldn't suggest Vegas for anyone with kids...unless you're staying at a timeshare...and I wouldn't suggest a timeshare in the middle of vegas when you have amazing hotels...get my drift. Vegas is the best for single ladies, or couples who just want to have a wild time....hence I LOVE IT!!! haha

I have to put this on the to do list, been trying to get there for a long time, but i'm not much of a gambler.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He doesn't have a passport yet??? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you have to have a valid passport for 6 months before they grant the visa.

I don't think so. Damien got his passport a month or two before his interview. Changes may have changed.

Shrew - it sounds like your case may be stuck in FBI security checks. This can happen any time of the process. Two of my friends who filed for K1 waited almost a year for their approval. Since it's been six months you can make an INFO pass appointment to check the status. We waited 15 months for AOS approval. Granted, we were together but it was still frustrating not knowing. Good luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just want to say congrats to everyone who has step to the next level in the process and I hope for the best to everyone else in waiting. God bless you all.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

Wrong.

You need to have a passport valid for six months AFTER they issue the visa....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

I don't think so. Damien got his passport a month or two before his interview. Changes may have changed.

Shrew - it sounds like your case may be stuck in FBI security checks. This can happen any time of the process. Two of my friends who filed for K1 waited almost a year for their approval. Since it's been six months you can make an INFO pass appointment to check the status. We waited 15 months for AOS approval. Granted, we were together but it was still frustrating not knowing. Good luck to you.

hey - no- all the October filers at VSC with CR-1 visas are waiting

I think they lost us

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

I think they lost us

It won't hurt to go directly to USCIS. We waited 90 days for Damien's second EAD and AP..went there on a Friday..they told us no one touched our applications at all. Guess what?? we got the approvals in the mail the following Monday. During our AOS...they couldn't tell us anything until 6 months passed. We chilled a little bit once we found out what the hold up was. Not knowing was a killer.

It may or may not resolve anything...nothing beats a try.

Timeline

I think they lost us

It won't hurt to go directly to USCIS. We waited 90 days for Damien's second EAD and AP..went there on a Friday..they told us no one touched our applications at all. Guess what?? we got the approvals in the mail the following Monday. During our AOS...they couldn't tell us anything until 6 months passed. We chilled a little bit once we found out what the hold up was. Not knowing was a killer.

yeah. I am def. going to try. the nearest office from me is about 6 hours away... can we say BUSH?? :)

my senator's wife told me to try and call using the RFE line....

I know a lot of people are upset that non-RFE people are doing that but its the only way to reach the service centers

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

I think they lost us

yeah. I am def. going to try. the nearest office from me is about 6 hours away... can we say BUSH?? :)

I know a lot of people are upset that non-RFE people are doing that but its the only way to reach the service centers

Oopss....didn't realize you live so far. Do you live past VA beach?

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline

I think they lost us

Oopss....didn't realize you live so far. Do you live past VA beach?

no. I live near tennessee

I thought the only offices are in Northern VA and norfolk?

I live waaaay down in the corner

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

In need of some support please.

Our interview was April 1, and we still do not have a visa. Called NVC, said it was pending-awating administrative processing.

Called the embassy, the lady said it could be weeks or even months!!!

Most people get their visa in 4-5 days and it has already been over 2 weeks for us. Everyone please say a prayer we will have our visa soon. Our wedding is for June 7 and I do not want to cancel!!!

Have people experienced this in the past with Kingston? The lady told me that everything is normal and I should not be concerned, it is just because he is a Dominican citizen and clearance for certain things have to occur there and not in Jamaica.

I am very sad and he is as well, we were hoping to be together in early May and we just do not know!

xoxo,

LaPrincesa

*****K-1 Timeline*****

12.14.07 I-129F sent to VSC via FedEx

12.17.07 Delivered to VSC at 11:40 AM signed by A. STANLEY

12.18.07 NOA1 date

12.20.07 Check Cashed!!

12.21.07 Touched

12.26.07 NOA1 hard copy received

02.17.08 NOA2 via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02.19.08 Touched

02.20.08 Touched

02.21.08 Touched yet again

03.10.08 Case received in Kingston

03.11.08 DS-130 Part 1 turned in

03.17.08 Appointment to pick up Packet 4

03.18.08 Medical Exam

04.01.08 Interview!!!!!-APPROVED APPROVED!

04.22.08 Visa picked up from Airpack Ocho Rios

05.02.08 Go to Jamaica to pick up my love

05.05.08 Arrival to the US (via JFK)

06.07.08 Miami Wedding!

*****AOS TIMELINE*****

06.18.08 Sent packet to Chicago via FedEx

06.20.08 Delivered to Chicago at 12:28PM signed by J. CHYBA

06.24.08 NOA1 Date for EAD, AP and AOS

06.26.08 NOA1 for AOS received in mail

06.27.08 Touched

07.05.08 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07.24.08 Biometrics Appointment

07.28.08 Request for Initial Evidence

08.01.08 National Benefits Center received Evidence and Case resumed Processing

08.19.08 AOS case transferred to CSC

08.22.08 AP arrived in mail-APPROVED

08.25.08 EAD card arrives in mail (no updates or anything about AP or EAD)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.