Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ouch! the baby got sunburn, the stroller shade was just not long enough. We went to the bob marley cafe on sat. night, mr jengles ran into two friends from Ochi. the music was good, i'm really not into live bands, but the band they had was good. and there were all types there. one guy had on a linen suit and a girl had on some sliver gladiator high heel boots

That image i just got was pretty good!!!!!! LOLLLLL :rofl::rofl:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:

HELLO YARDIE SISTAS........WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers.......

Window one......lady kinda aggressive when asking for the 2nd copy of police certificate in which she had......

window two.....fingerprints.....no big deal

window three.....waiting...waiting.....but was called to a very nice lady.......she talked to Andrew with me standing there.....then she separated us......oh boy i thought.......but she talked to me first......about 4 min.......then she called him back to the window......and sent me back to sit......then she questioned him about 4-5 min.......then called me back to the window with him.......and said take the pink slip to airpak.........

Thank the Good Lord!

We were one of the quickest interviews this morning......we were completed by 10:00-10:30........appt was at 9.......

Now we have finally had some lunch....and are going to celebrate since it is my last day here.....Then hopefully we will get him HOME soon!

I love you all! Again, thanks so much!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Congrats to you! :thumbs:

CONGRATS TONYA!!!!!!! HAVE A SAFE TRIP HOME AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE TIME YOU HAVE IN JA!

Sounds like the interview went well and he'll be here soon! :dance::dance::dance:

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline

Hey all....

Just checkin in to see what's new....Congrats to all those who have recently gotten approvals or had updates about their cases! Shrewdie...I didn't forget about you....hope u hear something soon. :yes:

Did shauna have the baby yet? I got catch up on all the posts....I've been so busy getting ready for dave to come but i'll check in again tomorrow. Nothing new to report on our case, just waiting for dave to come so we can move onto the next phase of the journey.

....Gill, go easy on Ken....you know we move A LOT faster than they do, on everything! LOLLL

....JG, u should be in heaven right now cause baseball season's in full swing! LOLLL ;)

How's Trelawny...anyone heard anything else from her? I can't wait to hear about her trip....I know she'll have LOADS of stories for all of us!

TTYL, Tonisha :)

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning everyone! Well...its almost afternoon but you know what I mean lol.

LaPrincesa - Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out for you guys and I know how the school thing goes. You'll get through it and it will pay off in the end :thumbs:

Jengles - I'm glad you had so much fun! I've only been to Disney once but that was when I was little. I told Lance that will be our first vacation when he comes here and he look on me and said he doesn't want to see any cartoon. I guess he will stay home while i have all the fun :dance:

Sus - Get well soon girlie! As far as the phone...we've all been there. Lance is gonna try to get internet so we can email/chat instead of the phone. At least the computer is a little harder to mash up then a phone :lol:

Gill - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. I know its hard for people to tell about their personal lives but you're right, it helps us learn and remember that not everything is picture perfect. I never even realized the issue of pace. I'm so used to doing my own thing at a FAST pace and I don't like when things (or people) interfere with my routine. I'll be bracing myself for when that time comes and making a mental note of it. :)

:star: Have a great day everyone!

mr jengles was on almost every roller coaster in the park...all he kept saying was..."bwoy dis is real tings" every park we went to...we fastpassed for the roller coasters.

Gotta love the fastpass!! I can't wait to take hubby to Disneyland! Never been to Disney world but I went to Orlando downtown Disney so I got close...man, that park is HUGE! It was like a little world down there.

We liked Universal Studios better then Disney.

Do you mean Universal in Florida vs DisneyWorld? Cause Universal here in Hollywood sucks big time and thats compared to Disneyland. They give out year passes when you visit for only one day..."buy a day get a year free". It was going under for awhile I thought it was gonna close down.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I suppose you've never been to St. Louis, Jengs?

Baseball is life in St. Louis. We are proud of our team regardless of if they are winning or losing. I know of no one here who says they aren't baseball fans. It's a party every game day/night. If you aren't at the game, you are listening on the radio or watching it on tv. And, they call that a sea of red in St. Louis. It's red everywhere all spring, summer, and hopefully, late into the fall!

We have been called the best fans in all of sports over and over again. What's amazing is that it is one big family-like atmosphere. I didn't really get it till about 5 years ago....we lost a pitcher and a long-time radio announcer, in just a few week's time. I swear to you, the entire city was mourning. The impromptu memorials, the open stadium ceremonies, the tributes. I cried for weeks.

If you ever come here, you'll know!

Whoa! This is some serious bizniss! I dont get baseball much...guess cause I'm a basketball fan, so baseball seems so slow to me..But I know what you mean bout the fans. I lived in Sacramento for some years and man....that town was CRAZY BOUT THEY KINGS!!! It was so fun. We were known as the loudest fans in the league. Great times. Not too sure how intense it is up there now, but I remember having tears in my eyes and getting all depressed when we lost the championship to the Lakers in that intense last game of the series...

Timeline
Mawning My wonderful VJ Family,

Welcome back Jengy (& Missa Jengy- :thumbs: )!!! Congrats to Minfey and Fam! Ok, I have alot of reading to do! Ken, I & the family, had a VERY busy weekend. We took the boys to the movies, helped my cousin moved, went to my son's hockey, soccer, & track games and I finally took Ken out dancing in Brooklyn on Sunday night (music was great...but Ken was not impressed wid the security pon top of security, no smoking in the club rules...etc.-he now understands why we (Americans or Farriner's) have such a good time when we go down to JA.) But it was ALL good!

He met a few more of my cousins, (who I am very close with and was very nervous about cause they are so important to me) another Aunt & Uncle and they all LOVED him!! Ken actually busted his hump helping my cousin and her hubby move this weekend and they really appreciated his help!

I come from a VERY CLOSE knit family and they are tough on new applicants trying to get in :lol: ...they couldn't stand my ex...but they all LOVED Ken!!!!! :D Don't get me wrong whether they liked him or not...I wouldn't be backing down from our marriage. Ken's my ONE...he's that 'once in a lifetime' love we all read about! But, it just makes life so much easier when they all get along. Trust me...I learned that from Marriage #1!

Life is good! I am so very blessed to have him, and him, me... ;) Life has been so much better since he arrived for EVERYONE!! I get to sleep in late, cause he makes Breakfast and takes care of the boys! He has started helping my Dad (who IMO has a hording problem :lol: ) start cleaning out our basement and other hiding holes around the house!

The one issue I have found is my pace. I don't know if anyone else had this problem when their SO first got here. But I have been a single Mom for 7-8 years now...so I am use to doing things at my pace and being ready and having my kids ready... when I'm ready (which is usually quick fast! :lol: ). Now, I have to adjust to working at other persons pace and being patient cause his pace is not as fast as mine. I was PMSing last week and blew-up at Ken cause I was waiting on him. I apologized profusely and explained the issue I was having. We talked it out and he is trying to speed up is pace and I am learning to slow mine and 'TRY' to give us more time to do what we have to do to be out!

Other than that all is well...seriously REALLY WELL :D:D ! I'm following JG's lead and think putting this stuff out there b/c it may help someone else learn from my mistakes and I may get some good tips on how to better handle this situation next time!

Have Bless-ed day Family...now let me get back to my 'catch-up' reading!

Gill

P.S.- Who had their interview again today? Well, good luck to you both and you are in my prayers!!

Thanks for the update Gill. Sounds like you all are having a great time. Nice to hear about Ken. I know what you mean bout slowing down your pace and such. Its just that American lifestyle...plus your in NY and i can tell you it is SUPER fast pace down there, I'm from LA and we all know thats a fast lifestyle, but when I visited NY...oh no!! I felt as sloe as a country bumpkin so I can imagine Ken having a hard time to keep up with the lifestyle. i think its good that he's around to slow you down a bit. I gotta say...when I was in NY I was like "man, these people are crazy anxious. its like everybody all stressed out and ready to kill somebody!" Yeah...apparently NY is NOT for me. haha

Lita that was one of the reasons I moved to NC. Slower pace and more laid back. After living in NYC for 20+ years, I needed to get away from all that stress. Don't miss it at all and going on 2+ years.

Man! Its no joke out there. I remember asking my ex's father if there was a high rate of heart attacks or if the age of deaths was much lower in NY cause I cannot imagine how stressed those people are everyday. The bad thing is they dont even know it cause everybody is the same way all around them and until they leave and live somewhere else they wont realize just how crazy it is there. I wanted to move to NY so bad, and I just couldnt do it. I wouldn't not have been able to live in Manhattan cause of all the stress.

Congrats Tonya and Congrats Islandwoman! I am praying the VSC keeps up the fast pace!

I hear you ladies about getting lost around Orlando and Disney - several years ago, my friend and I went on vacation - We would go over to the area near Universal Studios at night to the clubs (love the Marley Cafe) - When we came out, we could NEVER remember where we parked! Thankfully, we had a huge bright blue SUV - we would walk the rows of the parking lot looking for it. And if you think Orlando is bad, you should try Miami - Oh, the sites that I saw that I didn't intend to see!

I like Miami....at least the beach parts haha. Thats one place I wouldnt mine living in...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardies. It is early, I know, but this is the time I usually get up to go to work and would be at work but my internal clock just won't let me rest. I am off today and just going to take it easy for once and find a book to read and do my laundry. Hoping for a succesful and productive day for all.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

P.S.- We want to set-up a 'supermarket' account for KJ's Mom...does anyone know what I am talking about? (You send money to A J'can supermarket and she can pick-up what she needs for KJ) I know I read about someone doing it a few months and threads back...but I can't remember the link or what the name of it was!

http://packabarrel.com/

http://www.superplusfoods.com/customer/home.php

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Morning everyone! Well...its almost afternoon but you know what I mean lol.

LaPrincesa - Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out for you guys and I know how the school thing goes. You'll get through it and it will pay off in the end :thumbs:

Jengles - I'm glad you had so much fun! I've only been to Disney once but that was when I was little. I told Lance that will be our first vacation when he comes here and he look on me and said he doesn't want to see any cartoon. I guess he will stay home while i have all the fun :dance:

Sus - Get well soon girlie! As far as the phone...we've all been there. Lance is gonna try to get internet so we can email/chat instead of the phone. At least the computer is a little harder to mash up then a phone :lol:

Gill - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. I know its hard for people to tell about their personal lives but you're right, it helps us learn and remember that not everything is picture perfect. I never even realized the issue of pace. I'm so used to doing my own thing at a FAST pace and I don't like when things (or people) interfere with my routine. I'll be bracing myself for when that time comes and making a mental note of it. :)

:star: Have a great day everyone!

mr jengles was on almost every roller coaster in the park...all he kept saying was..."bwoy dis is real tings" every park we went to...we fastpassed for the roller coasters.

Gotta love the fastpass!! I can't wait to take hubby to Disneyland! Never been to Disney world but I went to Orlando downtown Disney so I got close...man, that park is HUGE! It was like a little world down there.

We liked Universal Studios better then Disney.

Do you mean Universal in Florida vs DisneyWorld? Cause Universal here in Hollywood sucks big time and thats compared to Disneyland. They give out year passes when you visit for only one day..."buy a day get a year free". It was going under for awhile I thought it was gonna close down.

Yes, Florida.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I suppose you've never been to St. Louis, Jengs?

Baseball is life in St. Louis. We are proud of our team regardless of if they are winning or losing. I know of no one here who says they aren't baseball fans. It's a party every game day/night. If you aren't at the game, you are listening on the radio or watching it on tv. And, they call that a sea of red in St. Louis. It's red everywhere all spring, summer, and hopefully, late into the fall!

We have been called the best fans in all of sports over and over again. What's amazing is that it is one big family-like atmosphere. I didn't really get it till about 5 years ago....we lost a pitcher and a long-time radio announcer, in just a few week's time. I swear to you, the entire city was mourning. The impromptu memorials, the open stadium ceremonies, the tributes. I cried for weeks.

If you ever come here, you'll know!

Whoa! This is some serious bizniss! I dont get baseball much...guess cause I'm a basketball fan, so baseball seems so slow to me..But I know what you mean bout the fans. I lived in Sacramento for some years and man....that town was CRAZY BOUT THEY KINGS!!! It was so fun. We were known as the loudest fans in the league. Great times. Not too sure how intense it is up there now, but I remember having tears in my eyes and getting all depressed when we lost the championship to the Lakers in that intense last game of the series...

When we lost the World Series to Boston a few years ago, I couldn't even see that Jimmy Fallon/Drew Barrymore movie because the ending was filmed during that world series and they were here on the field at the end of some of the games we lost. It took me 3 years to watch it and when I finally did, I still cried at the ending.....not cause Drew & Jimmy were finally together.....for my team!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Hey everyone!

yuh knoa Dwayne fe pick up packet 3 yesterday and de gi him packet 4 same time. What a blessing God is to us in this process. His favor is gracious kind and appreciated. Bwoy we gots work fe do now. I’m going to down on the 18th I’m excited to Rass! :dance::dancing:

Wakey

WOW!! Good for you - you have some awesome luck on your side. Blow some my way.....

Blowing Blowing!!! :whistle:

Wakey - you certainly are a lucky charm!!! It worked - I got a-mail from that handsome CRIS today giving me the good news todoay. I thought I was going to faint while on the phone with Anthony. And he was so damn calm about it........that JA style.

Now blow Sunny's way!

Hot Dawg!!! Me happy to Rass fe ya!!! Blowing Sunny Blowing :whistle: Teday Dwayne trying fe get his passport so we can get police report. He went yesterday and they wanted 7000JA. A friend tell him of another place for 3000 and faster than 2 weeks. We pray for faster turnaround.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Window one......lady kinda aggressive when asking for the 2nd copy of police certificate in which she had......

window three.....waiting...waiting.....but was called to a very nice lady.......she talked to Andrew with me standing there.....then she separated us......oh boy i thought.......but she talked to me first......about 4 min.......then she called him back to the window......and sent me back to sit......then she questioned him about 4-5 min.......then called me back to the window with him.......and said take the pink slip to airpak.........

Thank the Good Lord!

We were one of the quickest interviews this morning......we were completed by 10:00-10:30........appt was at 9.......

Now we have finally had some lunch....and are going to celebrate since it is my last day here.....Then hopefully we will get him HOME soon!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Congratulations! Congratulations Tonya and Andrew. Bring your man home!! :thumbs:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
:ot: Hey everyone!

yuh knoa Dwayne fe pick up packet 3 yesterday and de gi him packet 4 same time. What a blessing God is to us in this process. His favor is gracious kind and appreciated. Bwoy we gots work fe do now. I’m going to down on the 18th I’m excited to Rass! :dance::dancing:

Wakey

WOW!! Good for you - you have some awesome luck on your side. Blow some my way.....

Blowing Blowing!!! :whistle:

Wakey - you certainly are a lucky charm!!! It worked - I got a-mail from that handsome CRIS today giving me the good news todoay. I thought I was going to faint while on the phone with Anthony. And he was so damn calm about it........that JA style.

Now blow Sunny's way!

hey! I WANT SOME... blow it on over honey...:) :) :)

Blowwwwwwwwww Blessings to you too :)))))) :whistle:

Thank the Good Lord!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

YAY!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I tried to catch up on the 30+ pages that I've missed, but my eyes are :blink: so please forgive me if I miss anyone

Tonya - congrats :dance:

Shrewdie - I pray your approval comes soon. It is hard to be patient after waiting for what seems like an eternity

Shawna - good luck with your upcoming birth. I hope your BP goes down.

Jax - good luck to you as well, your chiquita will be here soon :yes:

Awakening - have fun for me on your reach, and don't do anything I would do :lol::devil:

Princesa - congrats, and hang in there with your classes

Brownskinn - keeping you in prayer. You hang in there with schooling as well

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.