Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sending out good vibes to Tonya and Drew on this their interview date. Hoping that we will hear good news about this one also..

THAT'S IT!!! Tonya & Drew!! Lord Watch over Tonya & Drew today as they go on their interview. Dear Lord, please touch their interviewer to bless them with an approval and make their lives finally complete!

In you name I pray!! Amen

(Well, it's not one of Lawny's soul stirring prayers...but he will listen and hopefully he will bless them!)

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sending out good vibes to Tonya and Drew on this their interview date. Hoping that we will hear good news about this one also..

THAT'S IT!!! Tonya & Drew!! Lord Watch over Tonya & Drew today as they go on their interview. Dear Lord, please touch their interviewer to bless them with an approval and make their lives finally complete!

(Well, it's not one of Lawny's soul stirring prayers...but he will listen and hopefully he will bless them!)

Gill

It was beautiful, Gill.

When is Tre coming back? Anyone know?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline
Morning, all! I am home from work today sick :( I went in yesterday and went to the clinic (my company is great - we have a medical clinic right in the building) - The dr. sent me home! Hopefully this will go away soon!

Sending prayers out to Tonya on the interview today, and congrats LaPrincessa, that's great news!

I know we have discussed the cell phone situation once our SO arrive - but have any of you had issues with them still in JA? I am about ready to kill DJ over the phone, lol - First, his phone was a piece of ####### that you couldn't hear on - so he bought a new one. Then that one died - so we went about two weeks with him calling me when he could borrow a phone to put his SIM card in - I about killed him, so he finally bought a new one. He had it 3 days, and dropped it in a bucket of concrete while he was working! So, it sounds like there is something rattling or as if you are talking in a wind tunnel. I swear, I don't get it - I have had the same cell for 2 years now!

Yes, we hear this over and over again. They are very rough on cell phones. Andre's had this one for almost 2 years now and it's about on it's last leg. He said he never had one for more then 6 months before, though. Baby steps.........

Gilly.....That issue you are having will come and go. I agree with Jengs, that sometimes he seems like they rebel against you so that when you speed up, they slow down. I've found Andre has picked up his pace quite a bit. He's forever telling me to hurry up or he needs something immediately when before it was all soon come. There are other things that he seems incredibly slow at and I've learned to ignore just deal with. A few examples would be the dishes sitting in the sink for days when he's off and I'm working both jobs. I just leave them there now. If I was home, I would do them immediately. Second....his clean clothes piling up on the kid's beds because he hates to put them away. I hate them laying all around. I give him a few days, making sure to include at least one he is off. If they are still there after, I open his closet, toss them in, and close the door. He's way too slow at driving; but that one, I'm kind of thankful for. He has managed to be on time to work....something I thought I'd never see!!!!

I would agree, were in this phase now where I wish my hubby would slow down, he's always runnin, yellin come nah :blink::wacko: . He's gown so very much-We have grown so much. It is wonderful when the score is even, so to speak and you're really depending on each other but you're not really depending on each other? Gill, he'll pick up the pace, that or surpass ie, you'll set back and say damn look at my man go. :thumbs: There is a mountain of clothing in our bedroom :whistle:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline

Gill

It was beautiful, Gill.

Ditto, Ditto! GREAT BLESSINGS ARE COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Morning, all! I am home from work today sick :( I went in yesterday and went to the clinic (my company is great - we have a medical clinic right in the building) - The dr. sent me home! Hopefully this will go away soon!

Sending prayers out to Tonya on the interview today, and congrats LaPrincessa, that's great news!

I know we have discussed the cell phone situation once our SO arrive - but have any of you had issues with them still in JA? I am about ready to kill DJ over the phone, lol - First, his phone was a piece of ####### that you couldn't hear on - so he bought a new one. Then that one died - so we went about two weeks with him calling me when he could borrow a phone to put his SIM card in - I about killed him, so he finally bought a new one. He had it 3 days, and dropped it in a bucket of concrete while he was working! So, it sounds like there is something rattling or as if you are talking in a wind tunnel. I swear, I don't get it - I have had the same cell for 2 years now!

Sus-ie,

First, I hope u feel better soon! Secondly...Gurrrrrrrrl, don't even get me started on the cell phone thing! Ok, if you can get over the heart attack that is your first bill...then we get to move on to what I like to call Digicel drama!!! :o In the 17 months that we were together before Ken got here we went through no lie EIGHT frigging phones!! Ok, his first one was ####### and he had to take of the cover to answer it! Needless to say we had alot of missed calls! Then I upgraded my phone and sent him my old one...which by the time it got to him worked for 2 days and died! Then we got a Megaphone and I sent him a new phone (but he couldn't use it down there, because I never had it 'opened' up here!) KJ lost the Megaphone (don't even get me started on why a TWO year old Baby had the phone to begin with!). He bought another Megaphone and my friend gave us her phone that she uses down there ...but she went down in February 08 and brought her phone up with her! The Megaphone... Ken had to stand out in the dyam Caribbean Sea to get a bloody signal...then the company went belly-up and there was no more Megaphone! So then we got the last phone which he bought from another friend and that served us til he got here in April!

I SO hear you on the dyam phone drama...hang tight...the "As The Phone Rings" drama should get better.

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- It sounds like Dj is like Ken and will find a way the call you regardless of any BC phone issue! ;) Determination, when it comes to phone calls is a GOOD thing! :lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning everyone! Well...its almost afternoon but you know what I mean lol.

LaPrincesa - Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out for you guys and I know how the school thing goes. You'll get through it and it will pay off in the end :thumbs:

Jengles - I'm glad you had so much fun! I've only been to Disney once but that was when I was little. I told Lance that will be our first vacation when he comes here and he look on me and said he doesn't want to see any cartoon. I guess he will stay home while i have all the fun :dance:

Sus - Get well soon girlie! As far as the phone...we've all been there. Lance is gonna try to get internet so we can email/chat instead of the phone. At least the computer is a little harder to mash up then a phone :lol:

Gill - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. I know its hard for people to tell about their personal lives but you're right, it helps us learn and remember that not everything is picture perfect. I never even realized the issue of pace. I'm so used to doing my own thing at a FAST pace and I don't like when things (or people) interfere with my routine. I'll be bracing myself for when that time comes and making a mental note of it. :)

:star: Have a great day everyone!

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

Gill

It was beautiful, Gill.

Thanks Chica...oh...Thanks JG & Jengy for the 'Pace' pep talk...I thought it was just me! :no:

I want to say April 19th for Lawny...but then she did say see you in TWO weeks so that would be 4/23/08...all I gotta say is I don't want to her about her 'HOTNESS' issue for at least a MONTH...Ok...I'd even be happy if we got 2 weeks! Knowing our poor Lawny it'll probably be closer to 2 days! :lol:

We should start a pool to see how long she can go when she comes back! :lol: :lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Yes, we hear this over and over again. They are very rough on cell phones. Andre's had this one for almost 2 years now and it's about on it's last leg. He said he never had one for more then 6 months before, though. Baby steps.........

Gilly.....That issue you are having will come and go. I agree with Jengs, that sometimes he seems like they rebel against you so that when you speed up, they slow down. I've found Andre has picked up his pace quite a bit. He's forever telling me to hurry up or he needs something immediately when before it was all soon come. There are other things that he seems incredibly slow at and I've learned to ignore just deal with. A few examples would be the dishes sitting in the sink for days when he's off and I'm working both jobs. I just leave them there now. If I was home, I would do them immediately. Second....his clean clothes piling up on the kid's beds because he hates to put them away. I hate them laying all around. I give him a few days, making sure to include at least one he is off. If they are still there after, I open his closet, toss them in, and close the door. He's way too slow at driving; but that one, I'm kind of thankful for. He has managed to be on time to work....something I thought I'd never see!!!!

I would agree, were in this phase now where I wish my hubby would slow down, he's always runnin, yellin come nah :blink::wacko: . He's gown so very much-We have grown so much. It is wonderful when the score is even, so to speak and you're really depending on each other but you're not really depending on each other? Gill, he'll pick up the pace, that or surpass ie, you'll set back and say damn look at my man go. :thumbs: There is a mountain of clothing in our bedroom :whistle:

Thanks Brownie!! I can't wait to get there! I am already REALLY proud of him! I keep asking if he's happy and he always says 'Of course'...Then I ask if he misses JA and he says 'Not really...I miss KJ...but, this is my life now. He will be here soon enough!' But like I said...it's just good to hear that I'm am not going crazy! :wacko::lol:

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- We want to set-up a 'supermarket' account for KJ's Mom...does anyone know what I am talking about? (You send money to A J'can supermarket and she can pick-up what she needs for KJ) I know I read about someone doing it a few months and threads back...but I can't remember the link or what the name of it was!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Sus - Get well soon girlie! As far as the phone...we've all been there. Lance is gonna try to get internet so we can email/chat instead of the phone. At least the computer is a little harder to mash up then a phone :lol:

You know, I have my doubts about that one! I have been debating about bringing my old laptop down for DJ when I go in May - it's #######, but it has wireless and phone, so we would be able to email and chat for free - However, I am having visions of it lasting for two days! :wacko:

Waving at everyone. :star: I would agree, school sucks. :angry:

I agree completely! Two more weeks then I am off for the summer! I just finished my last paper, so I have two weeks of discussion postings and two finals - Cannot wait till the end!!

P.S.- We want to set-up a 'supermarket' account for KJ's Mom...does anyone know what I am talking about? (You send money to A J'can supermarket and she can pick-up what she needs for KJ) I know I read about someone doing it a few months and threads back...but I can't remember the link or what the name of it was!

Gill, it's through Super Plus Foods -

http://www.superplusfoods.com/customer/home.php

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LaPrincesa - Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out for you guys and I know how the school thing goes. You'll get through it and it will pay off in the end :thumbs:

Jengles - I'm glad you had so much fun! I've only been to Disney once but that was when I was little. I told Lance that will be our first vacation when he comes here and he look on me and said he doesn't want to see any cartoon. I guess he will stay home while i have all the fun :dance:

Gill - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. I know its hard for people to tell about their personal lives but you're right, it helps us learn and remember that not everything is picture perfect. I never even realized the issue of pace. I'm so used to doing my own thing at a FAST pace and I don't like when things (or people) interfere with my routine. I'll be bracing myself for when that time comes and making a mental note of it. :)

mr jengles was on almost every roller coaster in the park...all he kept saying was..."bwoy dis is real tings" every park we went to...we fastpassed for the roller coasters.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

You know, I have my doubts about that one! I have been debating about bringing my old laptop down for DJ when I go in May - it's #######, but it has wireless and phone, so we would be able to email and chat for free - However, I am having visions of it lasting for two days! :wacko:

Waving at everyone. :star: I would agree, school sucks. :angry:

I agree completely! Two more weeks then I am off for the summer! I just finished my last paper, so I have two weeks of discussion postings and two finals - Cannot wait till the end!!

Gill, it's through Super Plus Foods -

http://www.superplusfoods.com/customer/home.php

Thanks Chica!...That's it!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

hey all....congrats to laprincessa...good for you guys

Jengs welcome back..happy everyting is everyting..mi deh yah

JG girl...mi and him ago fight cause mi pickney not goin to be names to blasted TYPICAL ja name..or name them familiar with in JA...mi still a fight fi LAURYN :)..squeeky wheel gets the grese right ? :) we'll see..

happy everything is going well for everyone..even me :)

JG..this is for you :) I HAD TI TRACE MY MIL....YES!! ...she finally drive mi to it..!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Ok..Gilli..mi love yuh....but you ever wonder why when we are in JA we enjoy it soo much ? we don't stop and smell the roses sometimes in the US...we always on the go..no stopping or else...can't procrastinate on important things but we have to remember to enjoy the moment..so tek it easy wid KEN fi mi deh..when i'm in JA i lose track of time...ALWAYS...

HEy Rhonda..how's that shift thing going ?

Shauna..i really pray u don't have to have a c-section..and baby girl will come soon..my prayers

Mr.Jengs mi can tek yuh offa mi hit list :rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

mr jengles was on almost every roller coaster in the park...all he kept saying was..."bwoy dis is real tings" every park we went to...we fastpassed for the roller coasters.

Was that his first time, Jengles?

That is the first thing I took Andre 2 years ago....Six Flags. He was amazed and loved them all. We had to keep going back in line. I said, we can come back again, you know. We don't have to hit them all in one day like this is the last time ever. Last year, we hit the water park side. I think he liked it even better. I let him and the kids run.....I enjoyed some peace and quiet in the sun.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: Hey everyone!

yuh knoa Dwayne fe pick up packet 3 yesterday and de gi him packet 4 same time. What a blessing God is to us in this process. His favor is gracious kind and appreciated. Bwoy we gots work fe do now. I’m going to down on the 18th I’m excited to Rass! :dance::dancing:

Wakey

WOW!! Good for you - you have some awesome luck on your side. Blow some my way.....

Blowing Blowing!!! :whistle:

Wakey - you certainly are a lucky charm!!! It worked - I got a-mail from that handsome CRIS today giving me the good news todoay. I thought I was going to faint while on the phone with Anthony. And he was so damn calm about it........that JA style.

Now blow Sunny's way!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.