Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your time will soon be here ladies, and then you'll be scrambling to get all the NVC stuff done. Look at it this way...since your CR1, once you get the visa you won't have to deal with all this stuff for awhile and can just relax and live a normal married life....no USCIS, no NVC, no embassy...just you and hubby.

Keep the faith and try to focus on other aspects of the process instead of that NOA2. :thumbs:

I know, I am trying!

LIta, I read that site you sent me about the shortcuts but I am still soooooo confused. I dont even know what to do next. Im gonna reread the guides and then see.

You doing okay?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:ot: Hey everyone!

yuh knoa Dwayne fe pick up packet 3 yesterday and de gi him packet 4 same time. What a blessing God is to us in this process. His favor is gracious kind and appreciated. Bwoy we gots work fe do now. I’m going to down on the 18th I’m excited to Rass! :dance::dancing:

Wakey

Congratulations :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hey Ladies;

Jamaica is so HOT...he was so surprised that he started to cry UNCONTROLLABLY...it got worse when I told him above the approval. I'll fill ya'll in a little later. Well I miss talking to ya'll everyday so, we had to find a internet cafe shop. We dropped of the DS-230 yesterday (have to tell ya'll about that also) they allowed me to go in with him, but they gave us back the 2 pictures told us it was not necessary to to make sure we have 4. They also asked us if we got packet 3 yet and we told them no, so they told us to wait 10 minutes and gave us that.

Glad you made it down safe Lawny. I wish I could of seen his face when you surprised him. Have fun :thumbs:

:dance::dance:

Good Afternoon All,

I am flying out tomorrow to MoBay.......Please pray for Andrew and I......His interview is on Tuesday at 9am........I am just so crazy at this point......Making sure I have everything I need......Everyone take care and maybe when I get back we will have some new pickneys........

Love To All,

Tonya

:luv:

Tonya all the best. You and Andrew will do great!!! Safe travels. :star:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
They learn to jump like the rest of us eventually.

lol. I bet they do learn quick. We move too fast not just in cars. :jest: Dwayne is getting better but sometime he is still like next week. It a holiday week and such. gotta love it

:lol: If I wait on anything I get in trouble. Things have to be done right away and at the minute they come.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I know, I am trying!

LIta, I read that site you sent me about the shortcuts but I am still soooooo confused. I dont even know what to do next. Im gonna reread the guides and then see.

You doing okay?

When you get to the next step on your CR1 visa let me know. I can help you along. I don't think to much has changed in a year. Just PM me because I might not have that much time once the baby gets here. Hang in there CR1's are slower but so worth it. ;)

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Hey everyone!

yuh knoa Dwayne fe pick up packet 3 yesterday and de gi him packet 4 same time. What a blessing God is to us in this process. His favor is gracious kind and appreciated. Bwoy we gots work fe do now. I'm going to down on the 18th I'm excited to Rass! :dance::dancing:

Wakey

Hey Wakey;

Congrats on your speedy progress and good luck to you both.

I thought packet #4 contains the interview date along with info about getting his medical done? I received p #4 and that was what it contained. What was in your p#4? I am curious.

He said he got lots of papers and information to go get the medical. He didn't read it all yet. Said he would go through it this weekend. I told him ok. I didn't know it might have the interview information. I just figured package 4 had medical information only!! I will find out and let you know what all is in the papers. :blink:

I just called and he was at work he say he will tell me later. That settles it. Now I wait. That is the one thing about this Jamaican love they don't jump with urgency like we do in the States everything will get done in the right time. Me I want to pounce when I hear anything moving! :D

And I think that is why we have such a time dealing with this whole process!! We are used to things happening fast.

:wacko: Another week has gone by and absolutely no progress. :angry:

Oh, this sucks. I am so tired of seeing other november filers (and later filers) get their approvals. I know I need to stay positive but where does that get you?!?!? Arggghhhhhhh.

Someday I will look back on this.........

Hellwig- I am right there with you.

I am so sorry that you have to go thru this. Maybe we have a greater prize somewhere down the line..

I'm sorry Ms. Hellwig and Shrewdgal you haven't received any information yet. I'm praying for your success in this venture. I feel afraid to even post my progress. I know everyone have their own timelines but I hate to see the disappointment in others. Good luck everyone

Wakey, I don't think you need to apologize for this. You have absolutely no control in this matter. I guess it is the luck of the draw and you got it :dance::dance: I am sure they both understand that but I can imagine how you feel for them and their plight. In JA we say "puss and dog do not have the same luck"

Enjoy your good fortune :thumbs:

Well said Claire!! :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Promise?? :rofl: That is one of the things that drives me nuts - and from what I have seen from my JA friends here - they don't always learn to jump. It's funny - when I am in JA, I can handle it - when I am here, I have a harder time.

I know exactly what you mean - I figure it is easier for us to handle in JA because we don't have the responsibilities like we do here. I was so laid back when I was there I locked myself out of our room 3 times!! Anthony thought someone drugged me. I just said I was in total vacation mode - lol.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I know, I am trying!

You doing okay?

When you get to the next step on your CR1 visa let me know. I can help you along. I don't think to much has changed in a year. Just PM me because I might not have that much time once the baby gets here. Hang in there CR1's are slower but so worth it. ;)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Promise?? :rofl: That is one of the things that drives me nuts - and from what I have seen from my JA friends here - they don't always learn to jump. It's funny - when I am in JA, I can handle it - when I am here, I have a harder time.

I know exactly what you mean - I figure it is easier for us to handle in JA because we don't have the responsibilities like we do here. I was so laid back when I was there I locked myself out of our room 3 times!! Anthony thought someone drugged me. I just said I was in total vacation mode - lol.

Oh man, I know exaclty what your saying. My husband drives me crazy with this talk of 'everyting happen in time' #######! It drives me crazy to the point that it starts arguments cause I think something is wrong with the man. The thing is I have alot of patience too! But compared to Jamaica time I guess not. Oh and when in JA I do relax a bit, but once you are there longer than just a standard week or so....oh no!! That American attitude will rear its head in full force! Especially when you are living life there and have serious things to take care of. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I swear there were a few times that I seriously thought I was gonna have to raise the roof in a few places for the lack of urgency, and that is soooo not me. But the lax-a-daisy attitude of people there when there is a serious issue could seriously make me snap.

Edited by Marlita

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Ok Shrewdie we gotta get you wrapped around this NVC portion cause it can truly speed up your process. Maybe I'll start a seperate thread for us CR1 filers in JA. Especially since there is so much stuff for the NVC portion to get done. Be on the look out for a seperate thread.

Timeline

Morning Yardies;

Miss you all terribly. Just finishing up my second 12 hour night shift at work. Hoping to go home and get some sleep.

Quick question for those whose SO had their IR1/K3 visa interviews since the new fee increase at the NVC stage. Did your hubby have to ante up any additional funds to the embassy on the day of their interview? I paid the visa fee of $380 but the fee went up a bit since then. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Ok Shrewdie we gotta get you wrapped around this NVC portion cause it can truly speed up your process. Maybe I'll start a seperate thread for us CR1 filers in JA. Especially since there is so much stuff for the NVC portion to get done. Be on the look out for a seperate thread.

Lita I actually think this is a great idea!! I was going to ask for this in the CR-1 forum, but this is even better because it is pertinent to JA only!! It would truly help alot of people! Mawnin yaardies!! Wagwaan??

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Morning Yardies;

Miss you all terribly. Just finishing up my second 12 hour night shift at work. Hoping to go home and get some sleep.

Quick question for those whose SO had their IR1/K3 visa interviews since the new fee increase at the NVC stage. Did your hubby have to ante up any additional funds to the embassy on the day of their interview? I paid the visa fee of $380 but the fee went up a bit since then. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

You just have to pay for them to mail it to your husband. We paid 7 dollars last year. Also if you paid them before the fees went up I wouldn't think you would have to pay them the current fee. I would call or email the embassy and ask.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Clairey..yea i've been eating more and more varieties now :) the diva is still such and the soo to be diva is good...so remember how i love the name Lauryn...well mi deh yah a fight wid hubby over the name :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Lita I actually think this is a great idea!! I was going to ask for this in the CR-1 forum, but this is even better because it is pertinent to JA only!! It would truly help alot of people! Mawnin yaardies!! Wagwaan??

Yeah I think I'll start it tonight. I've been reading alot on the NVC forum and there's alot of info there, but then theres also times that I need specifics just to Jamaica. I've gotten lots of info in the Yardie thread from the past year and it made it so much easier to file when I finally did 10 months later. I'll post the thread this evening after I do my Saturday errands.

Have a great day Ladies!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.