13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ladies!

Everyone have fun that is going to Jamaica! I am going in June for... SEVEN WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that doesnt offer me much comfort now, haha.

Lita- How are you doing today..thanks for the prayers

Gill- ARE YOU LOVING LIFE WITH KEN??????

Ladies, I need you. I am about to lose all hope and I am about to go crazy. I filed my 130 October 30. I am still at vermont. STILL. I am so depressed and so frustrated and completely have NO control in this situation. Its just rediculous. It makes me feel like I was just jaded before to think that our government actually cared. I know that seems a weird thing to say..but seriously. They are keeping families apart - and then they wonder about the moral decline of our country....

ANYWAY. I am just asking you to pray hope for me, peace for me, but most specifically FAVOR and SPEED in this process.

I am so thankful for you guys!

Hang in there, Shrewdie.

I'm not sure you can blame the moral decline of our country on the visa process. That seems a bit far fetched.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ladies!

Everyone have fun that is going to Jamaica! I am going in June for... SEVEN WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that doesnt offer me much comfort now, haha.

Ladies, I need you. I am about to lose all hope and I am about to go crazy. I filed my 130 October 30. I am still at vermont. STILL. I am so depressed and so frustrated and completely have NO control in this situation. Its just rediculous. It makes me feel like I was just jaded before to think that our government actually cared. I know that seems a weird thing to say..but seriously. They are keeping families apart - and then they wonder about the moral decline of our country....

ANYWAY. I am just asking you to pray hope for me, peace for me, but most specifically FAVOR and SPEED in this process.

Hang in there, Shrewdie.

I'm not sure you can blame the moral decline of our country on the visa process. That seems a bit far fetched.

I am not blaming the START of moral decline on the visa process..but my statement is that the own leaders of our country are focused more on work visas than family visas. Our government is in charge of the USCIS and they are not protecting the citizens that the USCIS was created to serve. In my opinion, that is a reflection of the priorities of our country. Family is way down on the list.

Maybe if M was a great athlete or a famous musical artist he could come on one of those speedy fast "special skills" work visas.

I think I am starting to go crazy now because I have to sign a teaching contract each year. The thoughts of going to JA this summer, coming back without my husband and being stuck here a year not knowing when he is coming is crazy.

Anyway, I will stop complaining because that only keeps me focused on this whole frustrating process :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

I saw that as well. Has anyone read either one of her biographies she wrote about Bob?

I have not. I'm not much on biographies or autobiographies.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Morning Yardies;

Just checking in. Hope everyone have a great and prosperous day.

A just wonda how the one Lawny she a fear out wid Marcel? LOL

Well about to ge out and run some errands. Check in with you all later.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Hey Ladies!

Hang in there, Shrewdie.

I am not blaming the START of moral decline on the visa process..but my statement is that the own leaders of our country are focused more on work visas than family visas. Our government is in charge of the USCIS and they are not protecting the citizens that the USCIS was created to serve. In my opinion, that is a reflection of the priorities of our country. Family is way down on the list.

Maybe if M was a great athlete or a famous musical artist he could come on one of those speedy fast "special skills" work visas.

I think I am starting to go crazy now because I have to sign a teaching contract each year. The thoughts of going to JA this summer, coming back without my husband and being stuck here a year not knowing when he is coming is crazy.

Anyway, I will stop complaining because that only keeps me focused on this whole frustrating process :)

have you tried contacting your local senator's office yet and aske them to get on the case to find out what is going on??? sometimes just having them inquire about a case can get it pushed through a little faster....

Timeline
Hey Ladies!

Hang in there, Shrewdie.

I understand where you are coming from Shrewdie. Just focus on the fact that you get to spend 7 weeks with him soon and hopefully good things will happen before you come back. :thumbs:

Whenever I start feeling down about the fact we are apart I think about our servicemen and women who are away from their husbands/wives/kids fighting for us in a foreign country. That usually snaps me out of my slump real fast! At least our SO's lead a normal and relatively "safe" life in JA. Keep your chin up girl.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Morning Yardies;

Just checking in. Hope everyone have a great and prosperous day.

A just wonda how the one Lawny she a fear out wid Marcel? LOL

Well about to ge out and run some errands. Check in with you all later.

I was thinking the same thing last night!!! Hope she felt better fast. :devil:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

I sympathize, Shrewdie, and get where you are coming from - I think our immigration system is so screwed up - I remember a few years ago there were some bills proposed which would increase the limits on work related visas, and place limits on family based - I read them in such disgust, way to sponsor corporate America and hurt the individuals!

Have you contacted your senator, as someone else said? I think if I were in your shoes, I would be standing on their doorstep, screaming my head off! I give you credit for getting through it with grace - Hang in there!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

hey all just checkin in...I'm loving the weather today boy...hope evryone is having a good day :)

Shauna...u'll be just fine...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Thursday Yardies....

Anyone hear from Lawny????? She and Marcel probably haven't made it to the house yet. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Hey Ladies!

Hang in there, Shrewdie.

have you tried contacting your local senator's office yet and aske them to get on the case to find out what is going on??? sometimes just having them inquire about a case can get it pushed through a little faster....

Hey nanny. I have. I tried that in about Feb because I wasnt online (who cares about that now) and I was afraid my case had been lost or missing info and one of the ladies there was quite rude to me. Well, that was my congressman's office. His district office is in my hometown so it was someone local. Then I go to church with our senator and his daughter is one of my best friends so he is going to contact the congressman's office for me this time. The thing is that the USCIS is just giving everyone the same answers and the congressmen arent really pushing to have any pressure on them. This seems to be the situation with everyone that filed I-130 during October.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Hey everyone!! I missed you gals for the past couple days. I was really sick Tuesday night so hubby had to drive me to the hospital. I had caught a real bad viral flu and also had some other gross sickness I rather not discuss. :devil: UGH. I was came home yesterday afternoon and today is the first time with a normal temp. All I got to say is those birthing beds are uncomfortable and I had to lie in one position all night so they could hear the babies heart rate. She is still far up and hasn't moved downward yet. I guess now we are ready for the real thing. :whistle: The doc told me to take the rest of this week of from work to recover. I guess that means I only have to work 4 1/2 more days.

I am going to try to stay awake and catch up.

Shauna you will have to let us know how your doctor appointment goes mania? I can't wait to see pics of your little one any day.

How are all the other preggers doing?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hey Ladies!

Hang in there, Shrewdie.

This is good advice Shauna :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.