Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All,

I bought my plane ticket yesterday to MoBay.......Roundtrip from Charleston, WV to MBJ was $431.00 that's including taxes and fees......Which is a good price to fly into here......

Our interview is next Tuesday at 9am........I am flying in on Sunday and returning on Wednesday, 4/16......

Andrew is getting very emotional right now.......As the time is getting closer, he is telling more of his friends that he will be leaving soon.......And he is realizing that he is beginning to start a new life here with me and my son.......His friends are extremely happy for him but at the same time really hates to see him leave......

My prayers go out to each and every one of you......God is good!........

I don't talk alot in here......but 3 years ago my 18 yo son was killed in a car wreck.......He was my first born........We have been in the court system over this wreck for the last 2 years......One of our cases was ruled against by the circuit judge.......We have asked the Supreme Court of WV to hear our case......They voted 3-2 to put it on the calendar......Last week, we went before the Supreme Court and they voted 4-1 to hear our case........I was up at 1am on Tuesday morning last week, praying to the Good Lord.........It is not a easy task to get a case heard in front of our Supreme Court......On Thursday morning, I got the call.......4-1 to hear our case!.........GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Oh, Tonya, my heart goes out to you - There is nothing that can compare to the pain of losing a child, and then to have to deal with the nightmare and injustices that can exist in our court system makes the pain intensify - Very happy to hear that the Supreme Court has agreed to hear your case.

Best of luck on your interview, you must be getting so excited!

AMEN!!!! Ohhh Tonya...I am so very sorry to hear about your son! There is nothing worst than a child leaving this earth before a parent. Your time has come T.!!! Walk in that court room with your head held high and just know that your VJ family is always watching your back and your boy is watching his Mom from above, fight to save another family from having to suffer the way that you have!

Go with G-d and remember God is Good ALL the time...AND...ALL the time God is GOOD!!!!

Blessed love and much luck to you...please keep us posted and know that we are ALWAYS here for you!

Take care,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Andre started training for assistant manager on his shift yesterday. He can't apply for the position until June, when he has been an official shift leader for 6 months. By June, he should know all there is to know and breeze right through.

I'm excited he's doing so well.

Congrats, he must feel so pleased :thumbs:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Andre started training for assistant manager on his shift yesterday. He can't apply for the position until June, when he has been an official shift leader for 6 months. By June, he should know all there is to know and breeze right through.

I must have missed that post! THAT'S GREAT NEWS JG!!!!! Best of luck to Andre!!! I'm sure he will get it come June!!! :thumbs:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Baby steps. And, yes, he's very excited.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.....for anybody who's interested! LOL

O.k., so me and Dave get to Kingston around 9am, picked up the police report - which had been ready for a week - but we just went by that morning to skip having to make extra trips. LOL. One of his friends took us up who works for JUTA Tours so he stayed with us all day. We went for breakfast next to Sovereign Plaza and I must of quizzed Dave on everything from when we met to what we ate for dinner the night before! :lol: Around 10:30am, we went and did some shopping by the embassy to kill some time and try to cool our nerves. Needless to say, that didn't help Dave but it helped me. LOL. We could see the embassy the whole time from where so we didn't "check-in" until about 12:45pm.

When we got to the door, the guard asked for the appointment letter and then asked who I was etc. I had my appointment letter too cause the embassy sent me one after I told them I was also attending it. lol. Luckily, Gill told me not to bring my cigarettes, lighters, cell phones etc. so they were in the car. We go thru the security - no one else was in line or waiting outside. We walked thru the courtyard and into the "waiting area" where a man took all the visa forms (2 of each), Dave's police report (made him sign it), the birth certif., the no impediment, the 4 passport pics and his passport. He organized all the paperwork....gave us a ticket...Number 136 (our lucky number! lol) and instructed us to go to Section A and have a seat till they called us.

......O.k......Here's when the real work began......We sat in Section A for about 15 minutes and then our number was called. Dave jumped when he heard the number but we got up and went to the first officer at window 21. As soon as we got there, she had the infamous Pink Folder open and smiled and said...Hello to Dave and told me...."So you're Tonisha....the one who's been emailing me for the last 2 months!" I was like yep, that was me. She sd "I wanted to meet you in person....I knew you'd be coming with him today!".....By this time, Dave was so shocked that this lady was this receptive that he just smiled....I think he was in disbelief that she would even know me or wanted to meet me by this point. LOL She asked him "Who filed for you?" and by reflex...HE POINTED TO ME instead of answering her! :rofl: She was like..."See, everybody does that but I want YOU TO TELL ME who filed for you?" He finally answered with my full name....and said my fiance and then the full name. She was like "o.k., that's more like it!" All I she and I could do was laugh, and it made Dave loosen up a bit. She then asked him a couple more questions like "has anyone ever filed for u before"...."have u ever been to the States"...and "what is your current job". Dave said he worked at the Craft market and she was like do you SELL crafts or do you MAKE crafts and he was like "I sell them". She said oh, o.k....just asking cause it's on your application etc. She took the Affid. of Support, the 2007 Taxes, 2007 W-2's, Bank Statement/ Letter, and the Letters from my employer. She didn't require any other financial info and said everything looked fine. We were up there about 10-15 minutes and then she told us to sit back down for Section B for the fingerprinting and wished us good luck!

We waited in section B for another 15-20 minutes and then they called Dave for the

fingerprinting...which only lasted 2 minutes...I didn't even go up to that window with him. LOL. By now, it was about 1:45pm and we waited about 45 more minutes in Section C. While we were waiting, there were 2 other guys up at the windows being interviewed for K-1's as well. One was with his fiance and one was by himself with a little boy about 5y/o. Me and Dave could hear their entire interview and the Immigration officers asked them "how did u meet your fiance"...and "what are your plans for when u get to the States"...stuff like that. Both of them got approved and were on their way.

We got called up for the Interview at 2:30pm and once again we had a female officer who was very friendly. She asked who I was and I said his fiance and she was like "super...you being here will make his job A LOT easier!" LOL. She told Dave it was nice that I came for support and he told her he was glad I was there too. She had us raise our right hands to swear that all the information was correct. She then asked Dave to write my full name on the sworn statement (he put my middle name in too....which really surprised me AND her...lol) She then complimented me on how well organized my original petition was and before she interviewed Dave she asked him..."Are you sure you're ready to marry a woman who's so organized?" and Dave said absolutely....she keeps me organized too! The lady just laughed and all the people behind us just laughed too. She then asked him to just tell what he could remember about when and how we met. Dave gave her the rundown from July 23rd to April 1st and he did really well. She then said, how did you know she was the "one" when you met her and he said "I saw it in her eyes and in her smile" ( I was like Oh yeah?? LOL LMAO) She then asked if he or I ever met each other's family members and we both sd yes and then went over who all we met and where. She asked him did I get along with his mom and he said yes. She then asked him what his plans were in the States and he said to hopefully work full-time and then eventually, take classes for towards and Associate's degree. While she was asking us stuff, she was typing on her computer and then looking back and nodding her head etc. Oh yeah, she also asked him what was my job and where do I work in the States. He answered both just fine and then she said..."well, it seems like you two are happy to be together and did a lot of work to get here. Here's your pink slip and directions to Airpack to receive your Visa...You've been approved!!!!" Me and Dave were still somewhat in shock that the whole thing was over but we collected our stuff and headed outside to his friend. She even waved to us once we got out in the courtyard and then all the guards said Congratulations and we went on our way.

After almost 6 months of paperwork and waiting it was over......just like that! I hope this was helpful for anyone with interviews coming up.....PM me if u want more details but I think I already went overboard with this Post! :yes::rofl::rofl:

Tonisha

Congrats girl, that's just wondrful. I'm officially Mrs Taylor got back the marriage cert yesterday.

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Timeline
I'm officially Mrs Taylor got back the marriage cert yesterday.

Congratulations MRS. TAYLOR!!!! I am so happy for you both...many blessings in your new life together!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats girl, that's just wondrful. I'm officially Mrs Taylor got back the marriage cert yesterday.

Man! i still havent changed my name.

LOL...Don't feel bad 'Lita...I have only PARTLY changed my name!! I finallyl changed my SS card & passport...still working on DL...Still driving on Maryland tags for that matter!! :lol::lol: But I'm getting there slowly but surely...you should have seen my husband's face the last time I was down in JA and he saw my new passport with HIS last name---he was grinning from ear to ear like a chesshire cat!! He was like "Yes!!" He was so worried about me not changing my last name...I have to admit, I still go by my maiden name at work too...but at least I acknowledge that I have a loving husband--and I will introduce myself as Mrs. Palmer for those that don't already know me...likkle steps...likkle steps

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Hey y'all

I emailed Kingston last night about the packet 4 that we have not yet received and they responded to my email today giving Mike an appointment to pick up a duplicate packet. :dance::dance: At least I know he will be able to get his medical done on time if I do not receive the packet on time to get it to him.

Only drawback is, he scheduled the med appt for 4/16 and the pickup appt is 4/17. :lol: I guess he can reschedule that appointment. :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Good Morning All,

I bought my plane ticket yesterday to MoBay.......Roundtrip from Charleston, WV to MBJ was $431.00 that's including taxes and fees......Which is a good price to fly into here......

Our interview is next Tuesday at 9am........I am flying in on Sunday and returning on Wednesday, 4/16......

Andrew is getting very emotional right now.......As the time is getting closer, he is telling more of his friends that he will be leaving soon.......And he is realizing that he is beginning to start a new life here with me and my son.......His friends are extremely happy for him but at the same time really hates to see him leave......

My prayers go out to each and every one of you......God is good!........

I don't talk alot in here......but 3 years ago my 18 yo son was killed in a car wreck.......He was my first born........We have been in the court system over this wreck for the last 2 years......One of our cases was ruled against by the circuit judge.......We have asked the Supreme Court of WV to hear our case......They voted 3-2 to put it on the calendar......Last week, we went before the Supreme Court and they voted 4-1 to hear our case........I was up at 1am on Tuesday morning last week, praying to the Good Lord.........It is not a easy task to get a case heard in front of our Supreme Court......On Thursday morning, I got the call.......4-1 to hear our case!.........GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Yes God is Good.!! :dance::dance:

Tonya, I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your son but happy to hear that some resolution is in the near future. We all have you in our thoughts and prayers :thumbs::thumbs:

Girl go with God and safe travels. I wish you all the best with your interview and pray that Drew will be here with you soon to help you deal with this emotional roller coaster that you are currently on. I will be sending you positive vibes your way. :innocent::innocent:

Timeline
Hey y'all

I emailed Kingston last night about the packet 4 that we have not yet received and they responded to my email today giving Mike an appointment to pick up a duplicate packet. :dance::dance: At least I know he will be able to get his medical done on time if I do not receive the packet on time to get it to him.

Only drawback is, he scheduled the med appt for 4/16 and the pickup appt is 4/17. :lol: I guess he can reschedule that appointment. :thumbs:

Hey Clairey,

Great news about Packet 4!! Trust mi, that Embassy never does anything for our convienience!!!! :no: But at least you have a back-up plan now!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Guys,

Please keep this fellow Yardie in your prayers!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1732504

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Ok Guys,

Next ting Seriously...What the HELL is up wid Yardie??? Has anyone heard from her?? It's not like her to just disappear outta sight like this. Unfortunately. I don't have her number. But if any one does can you please give her a call and check in with her and let her know we miss her!! :luv: Then post here and let us know she arright!

Blessed,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Man! i still havent changed my name.

LOL...Don't feel bad 'Lita...I have only PARTLY changed my name!! I finallyl changed my SS card & passport...still working on DL...Still driving on Maryland tags for that matter!! :lol::lol: But I'm getting there slowly but surely...you should have seen my husband's face the last time I was down in JA and he saw my new passport with HIS last name---he was grinning from ear to ear like a chesshire cat!! He was like "Yes!!" He was so worried about me not changing my last name...I have to admit, I still go by my maiden name at work too...but at least I acknowledge that I have a loving husband--and I will introduce myself as Mrs. Palmer for those that don't already know me...likkle steps...likkle steps

yeah, I even forget to introduce myself to people with my married name....its so hard. My last name is as important to me as my first in the way that its always used so its very hard to switch up from it. So I'm still debating on how and when I'll change it. Even at work, my email siggie and business cards all have my maiden name and i really don't want to make them pay for new cards for me already so I don't want to change the siggie and start confusing people. Then I was thinking of hypening my name but to introduce myself as Mrs. name-name is wierd too. I may just never change my hame til I have kids.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hey y'all

Hey Clairey,

Great news about Packet 4!! Trust mi, that Embassy never does anything for our convienience!!!! :no: But at least you have a back-up plan now!

Bless,

Gill

Thanks Gill cause I was really getting worried. I called the DOS today and the lady was just going around in circles thinking she was dealing with a fool. she was trying to justify the reason why I did not get it yet and told me that only the petitioner and the beneficiary gets the pckt 4. I explained to her how it worked and she said "ok"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.