Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies,

Good just moved a mountain for me and mr jengy...keep praying for us, we just have a few more hills to go. the devil is a LIAR.

the other day one of my friends said to me if don't i know that the devil will do his best to tear down marriage because it is a god-bless union. I never looked at it like dat, but when u look around mi haffi say is true.

me will get back to dis, maybe

dear lord,

please reach out to jomo's friend son. lord today when so many young men are getting into trouble and losing their lives. lord please keep him from harm and still his temper and his hand. lord please reveal what is bothering this young man, lord if he's bored let him find something contructive to do. lord if he is with the wrong crowd please seperate them. lord you don't give us more than what we can bear. lord give his mother the faith and the strenght and the guidance to reach out and help her child, even though the short term solution may seem harsh, we are worried about the long run for this child. lord please turn that angry spirit into a peaceful one. lord u know the future U have for THIS child and lord u will not let the devil take it away. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR. thank you lord for hearing this prayer and granting this request amen.

Jengs, I just prayed last night for God to expedite your needs i will continue to left you up in prayer.

Please add me to the prayer list cause i currently feel like I am breaking.

I will add you to my prayers and thanks for praying for me.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies,

Good just moved a mountain for me and mr jengy...keep praying for us, we just have a few more hills to go. the devil is a LIAR.

the other day one of my friends said to me if don't i know that the devil will do his best to tear down marriage because it is a god-bless union. I never looked at it like dat, but when u look around mi haffi say is true.

dear lord,

please reach out to jomo's friend son. lord today when so many young men are getting into trouble and losing their lives. lord please keep him from harm and still his temper and his hand. lord please reveal what is bothering this young man, lord if he's bored let him find something contructive to do. lord if he is with the wrong crowd please seperate them. lord you don't give us more than what we can bear. lord give his mother the faith and the strenght and the guidance to reach out and help her child, even though the short term solution may seem harsh, we are worried about the long run for this child. lord please turn that angry spirit into a peaceful one. lord u know the future U have for THIS child and lord u will not let the devil take it away. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR. thank you lord for hearing this prayer and granting this request amen.

Jengs, I just prayed last night for God to expedite your needs i will continue to left you up in prayer.

Oh Lita. I am right there with you

Guys, I am praying for you all.

I pray that in the midst of struggle and confusion and pain that we receive peace and even more, hope!

I just know that Satan is fuming mad because he has NO PLACE HERE with any of us. He is getting cast out right and left and he IS A LIAR.

All darkness and lies must be cast out because in the light there is NO PLACE for darkness.

I just pray that in the moments that we all hurt, in the moments we want to crawl up in the fetal position and cry, in the moments we want to SCREAM, in the moments where we just feel all alone - I pray that we are able to "chin up" and say - MY GOD WON.

and ladies..He did it then... HE WILL DO IT AGAIN.

for you. for me. for us. HE WILL WIN.

ok. off of soapbox now.

Lita, I am especially praying for you. WE WILL GET THERE. everyday I think about that stupid NOA2 and wonder how much longer I can "live with my life on hold" which I feel is what this rediculous immigration process is doing to all of us.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

I'm so HAPPY that we've found STRENGTH in each other. I value our sisterhood. I feel a little better but not 100%. I still sound like BARRY WHITE. I tried to leave a message on my voicemail and work and people were calling in CRACKING up. I had to get someone else to leave it for me. I work for a medical association and while the consituents had a kick out of it, they were concerned that I was ill. So, the started sending me e-mails. I told them it was allergies so, now I have 56 e-mails to go through from natural remedies, over the counter, to pescriptions. One of the doctors suggested that I drink honey from a local bee farm. So, I'm going to try that. Zyrtec works, but I feel like a dope head after taking it.

Anyways, I hope tomorrow bring a better day for all of us.

God Grant US (my sisters) all of US -- THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS WE CANNOT CHANGE, THE COURRAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS WE CAN AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

Unu sleep good and walk good.

GILL, I hope my DEEP voice didn't frighten you. Gill is a sweetheart (same way on the phone)...her heart never skips a beat.

Claire, what's up. Link me in PM when you get a chance.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Wow I am tired. Shauna thanks for the site. I thinking I am leaning for that tent because I can keep it for years. It is good to know that its light weight. All right its time to go to bed early. I appreciate everyones ideas :). You gals are great.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow I am tired. Shauna thanks for the site. I thinking I am leaning for that tent because I can keep it for years. It is good to know that its light weight. All right its time to go to bed early. I appreciate everyones ideas :). You gals are great.

you are welcome!! get some much needed rest!

Filed: Timeline

TO ALL THE MOMMIES TO BE...(don't laugh)...send me some BABY BLESSING. Now, I'm really going to sleep.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Goodnight guys;

Just finish catching up the three days I missed. You guys are a God send in my life. I miss reading all the good news and encouragements and especially the prayers. I have been going through a rough spell lately and need you all to pray for me too.

Been working a lot since Friday to Monday (48 hrs) straight and every night I come home all I could do is crash. Been taking care of two patients that are actually brain dead and the families can't let go. One of them is one of our anesthesiologists. It has been an emotionally, mentally and physically draining couple of days. I broke down and cried today at work. Everyone rallied around and thanked me for the hard work with these two very difficult patients and each of his colleagues thanked me personally. My day ended better after I realized that even though I was the primary nurse for these patients, everyone had my back.

Well, back to me and VJ stuff LOL

I got Mike's interview date on 3/25 and got an e-mail to that effect on 3/26. To date I have not received the letter in the mail amd Mike has his medical scheduled for 4/16. He has already gotten his vaccinations and needs that letter for the interview. I am planning to send it to him DHL, and hope he gets it in time.

Can anybody tell me how long it took to get the letter from the NVC or if they are even the ones who send it out?

I need some guidance right now, as time is speeding up and I feel like my hands are tied.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies,

dear lord,

I pray that in the midst of struggle and confusion and pain that we receive peace and even more, hope!

I just know that Satan is fuming mad because he has NO PLACE HERE with any of us. He is getting cast out right and left and he IS A LIAR.

All darkness and lies must be cast out because in the light there is NO PLACE for darkness.

I just pray that in the moments that we all hurt, in the moments we want to crawl up in the fetal position and cry, in the moments we want to SCREAM, in the moments where we just feel all alone - I pray that we are able to "chin up" and say - MY GOD WON.

ok. off of soapbox now.

Lita, I am especially praying for you. WE WILL GET THERE. everyday I think about that stupid NOA2 and wonder how much longer I can "live with my life on hold" which I feel is what this rediculous immigration process is doing to all of us.

AMEN

God can heal all wounds, remember that!!! sometimes we don't understand the who what and why things happen, but sometimes we emerge a stronger person and we get a better understanding of who we are. ladies remember the devil is a liar. a man told me two weeks ago that a woman's weapon is her mouth and I know for sure that mine can be. Life has strange twists and turns and sometimes we end up in a place and just don't know how we got there, sometimes we wonder where did we go wrong. but you haven't. sometimes the road that we were meant to walk gets blurry and sometimes we wonder if we should stay on that road. God will let you know. sometimes we just have to listen to that quiet still voice. and that voice is very quiet so yes, we have to keep still to hear it. After I read the prayer this morning, i went on the subway and I heard it...LOOSE...and there it was.. one bond broken. and I came back and got the confirmation.

Sometimes when we are angry things are said and done, that in the normal way of doing things would never happen. the aftermath can be very hard, when trying to remember that things were done in anger.

sorry so but i had to get up so mi lose the vibes, but anyhoo. someone needs our strength now, a marriage needs our help, pray that tempers are cooled and the lines of communication are opened and lead to reconciliation. (and no ah no mine marriage, not yet, but i'm sure one day i'll be looking for this post.)

good night, mi just come in from school and hungry a kill me.

TO ALL THE MOMMIES TO BE...(don't laugh)...send me some BABY BLESSING. Now, I'm really going to sleep.

You are not allowed to breed, until after Marcel reach, please mi a beg u, cause u always inna heat, and mi can't deal wid u when u turn inferno!!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Ladies,

dear lord,

ok. off of soapbox now.

Aw thanks Shrewdie,

You got me over hear cryin :cry: like Gill. I needed that prayer.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Morning ladies!

My prayers are sent for all that need them.

I was researching a paper last night and found this quote from Maya Angelou, that I think sums up the Yardie crew:

I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.

And the inspirational thought for the day:

Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope.

Maya Angelou

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Good morning ladies!! I have been reading the last few posts, and I can tell you that GOD WORKS!!! Each of those prayers were needed, and I received so much from them. I tell you, God is there and speaks to you when you need it. I have been having a really rough time as well, and had recently been presented with an opportunity that might actually turn in my favor. I tell you ladies, I prayed and asked God (and continue to ask him) to help me to make the right decisions. A couple of years ago my faith was truly tested, but as stated in a previous post, I had to realize that God has all things happen for a reason. NOTHING he does is an accident, and I had to remember to love and TRUST IN HIM--No matter WHAT my plans were!! I pray for peace and blessings in all of your hearts and minds. I pray that we will all continue to remain here to support one another through the paths that we have chosen, and I pray that everyone receives the blessings they deserve!! Have a good day ladies!! I'll check back in soon!!

Tamisha (L)

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Good Morning All,

I bought my plane ticket yesterday to MoBay.......Roundtrip from Charleston, WV to MBJ was $431.00 that's including taxes and fees......Which is a good price to fly into here......

Our interview is next Tuesday at 9am........I am flying in on Sunday and returning on Wednesday, 4/16......

Andrew is getting very emotional right now.......As the time is getting closer, he is telling more of his friends that he will be leaving soon.......And he is realizing that he is beginning to start a new life here with me and my son.......His friends are extremely happy for him but at the same time really hates to see him leave......

My prayers go out to each and every one of you......God is good!........

I don't talk alot in here......but 3 years ago my 18 yo son was killed in a car wreck.......He was my first born........We have been in the court system over this wreck for the last 2 years......One of our cases was ruled against by the circuit judge.......We have asked the Supreme Court of WV to hear our case......They voted 3-2 to put it on the calendar......Last week, we went before the Supreme Court and they voted 4-1 to hear our case........I was up at 1am on Tuesday morning last week, praying to the Good Lord.........It is not a easy task to get a case heard in front of our Supreme Court......On Thursday morning, I got the call.......4-1 to hear our case!.........GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline
Hey Lawny mawnin

hey vj ..Shauna the link doesnt work can't see the pic

Hey Kimmy --

The bed that you showed I have one, but I think mine is green. I loved that thing. I also agree, I don't do well with a travel system either. My son only stayed in the carrier until he was 5 months. He was BIG so I put him into a converter seat which is now a boster seat. I think I paid $249 (in 2004) for his converter seat, but it was worth the money. My co worker paid $549 for a car seat. I had to ask her what it came with.

hahahhh...yeah they do grow out of the seat that come with the system pretty quickly..i did the same thing..i just threw that one out cause she spilled every blasted thing on it and it was just emabarassing so i bought another one trying to keep it clean

Ok, cool Kimmy.

Well fins the stroller you like and then look pon Ebay for it! Much more cheaper. Plus you may find a slightly used one of a better model and get it for alot cheaper than you were first willing to pay. If I could register on Ebay mi would...haha

Hey Jax,

How much was the goat? I am wondering what a good deal is? Plus anybody know the secret to tenderizing this ere American goat?

We pay around $3.69 a lb. Andre doesn't tenderize overnight. He just cooks it down for hours and hours. Same way with the oxtail. We eat both every week.

yeah you just have to have patience and slow cook..i want some of Andre's food one of these days :)

i figured I needed to cook it longer cause the leftovers were more tender. I think i cooked it for about 3 hours. It was ok for my first try but next time, I'm gonna use you alls suggestions.

JG, where you get your goat....a Caribbean store?

No. Local farmer's market. Get my oxtail, chicken, and pork there too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning All,

I bought my plane ticket yesterday to MoBay.......Roundtrip from Charleston, WV to MBJ was $431.00 that's including taxes and fees......Which is a good price to fly into here......

Our interview is next Tuesday at 9am........I am flying in on Sunday and returning on Wednesday, 4/16......

Andrew is getting very emotional right now.......As the time is getting closer, he is telling more of his friends that he will be leaving soon.......And he is realizing that he is beginning to start a new life here with me and my son.......His friends are extremely happy for him but at the same time really hates to see him leave......

My prayers go out to each and every one of you......God is good!........

I don't talk alot in here......but 3 years ago my 18 yo son was killed in a car wreck.......He was my first born........We have been in the court system over this wreck for the last 2 years......One of our cases was ruled against by the circuit judge.......We have asked the Supreme Court of WV to hear our case......They voted 3-2 to put it on the calendar......Last week, we went before the Supreme Court and they voted 4-1 to hear our case........I was up at 1am on Tuesday morning last week, praying to the Good Lord.........It is not a easy task to get a case heard in front of our Supreme Court......On Thursday morning, I got the call.......4-1 to hear our case!.........GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Oh, Tonya, my heart goes out to you - There is nothing that can compare to the pain of losing a child, and then to have to deal with the nightmare and injustices that can exist in our court system makes the pain intensify - Very happy to hear that the Supreme Court has agreed to hear your case.

Best of luck on your interview, you must be getting so excited!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Andre started training for assistant manager on his shift yesterday. He can't apply for the position until June, when he has been an official shift leader for 6 months. By June, he should know all there is to know and breeze right through.

I'm excited he's doing so well.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.