Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow Nish girl, I don't think you missed a step in that awesome story. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. This will help those of us that will be following behind you. :)

Sunny,

You han Ray just be careful pon dem big bike deh! Hit look nice still...but jus be careful...zeen?

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You all won't believe this but Dave just called me a few minutes ago and said HE ALREADY GOT THE VISA FROM AIRPACK TODAY - in just 3 days!!!! :dance::dance:

He couldn't believe it....we just left there on Tuesday night?! Somebody must be watching over us for sure. ;)

Now you know if we planned for him to come back with me this week, that woulda never happened....right?

Congrats Nish, now you can relax a bit. I'm so happy for you!

Thanks Mich!......I feel like everytime I start to relax.....something else happens! :lol:

We've been getting good news almost everyday for the last 2 months so thanks again.

Gurl, I know that's right. But like the Elders told me...just take it all in stride! Glad you made it home alright and great Embassy posting!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
TGIF everyone

My epidural was a godsend, because once the pitocin kicked in my contractions went from being bearable to me crying in pain for Jesus :lol:

It took a good while for them to get the catherer in the right place because I kept feeling it (and that was mainly because my back was not positioned correctly) but I felt every urge to push. My placenta would not come out when I pushed so the doc had to go in and get it (thank you epidural!) and then I would not stop bleeding so they had to go in again and remove clots (thank you epidural!).

If we have another child I would still like to have the natural experience at a birthing center, but if I have to be induced with pitocin then that will be out of the window.

Jonesie, you SON is adorable!

WICKED drug - Pitocin! You can REFUSE IT! (almost all of my friends that were given PITOCIN - had a C-Section) I REFUSED it. They gave it to me then I told them to TURN it off (they kep telling me it would speed up my progression). I said HELL no. They just want you the hell out of there and so does the insurance company. NEXT! That's not the way my grandmother says it's suppose to work. They make it seem like you can't REFUSE IT, but you can. It's your body, unless something is really going wrong you try your best to control the situation. The nurses I had didn't listen to what I was telling them I was feeling. I could feel my son go down and then pull back up. It was the WORSE pain I've every felt in my life and the reason I was feeling that pain was becuase my umbical cord was wrapped around my son's neck once and around his shoulders twice. Everytime I would feel him going down his heart rate would drop and my family was complaing, because most of my aunts are L&D nurses and it cause a big argument. In the end, I ended up with an emergency C-Section and all HELL broke lose. They sent their DAMAGE control squad to talk to me the next day, because they thought I was going to sue them. Don't let the NURSES tell you what' you're feeling. It's your BODY! Some of them that have children, must have forgotten that they were in the spot at one point.

On a side note BEST DRUG EVERY "STADOL" - I was so DAMN high all I wanted to do was have SEX.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

You all won't believe this but Dave just called me a few minutes ago and said HE ALREADY GOT THE VISA FROM AIRPACK TODAY - in just 3 days!!!! :dance::dance:

He couldn't believe it....we just left there on Tuesday night?! Somebody must be watching over us for sure. ;)

Now you know if we planned for him to come back with me this week, that woulda never happened....right?

Congrats Nish, now you can relax a bit. I'm so happy for you!

Lawd Sunny yuh juss a tek life suh!!!! Yuh outfit well match di bike :lol:

LMAO :lol:

Sunny,

How you going to be on a bike and don't have on no BATTY RIDAH!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ken..welcome..FINALLY my yute !!

OK...what do we has women have o proove because some refuse to be in horrible pain for hours sometimes days like I was...cvan u imagine if i took no meds PLEASE!!...ppl say did u have her naturally or with drugs...ok when since any birth is not natural..why put urself and UR PRECIOUS BABY in labor to prove something to society or is it "braggin rights" please mi no agree wid dat eida and I WILL be taking drugs again God's willing and no matter how it come out it natural....AMERICA !! a no like JA wah ppl affi worry bout paying fi this meds or back in the day when there was none...

I could not have said it better. I should be the poster girl for epidurals cause I believe!!!!!

JA doesn't have to worry about paying for the meds anymore, Kimmy. All the fees were waived as of April 1st. I guess we'll see if they can keep up with the demands now!

I've also been thinking about epidurals and whether or not I should get one when my time comes. I read somewhere that they make you so numb you don't even know when its time to start pushing. Is that true? Also, what are any side effects?

There are risks more than side-effects. There's a lot of action going on in a part of your body you can't feel any more so there is a higher risk of you tearing, a risk of you not knowing when to push or when to stop pushing and that has the possibility of causing problems with baby, It makes some people feel lethargic and that can mean that they have a harder time nursing and bonding with baby right away if they want to. And then there are risks associated with how they put it in. If your anesthesiologist messes up it can cause chronic back-aches or worse - after all it is a needle inside your spine.

IMHO if they are pumping you full of pitocin or otherwise augmenting your labor then it's not "natural" anyway and I'd jump into an epidural with both feet. But natural births aren't necessarily about bragging rights. Some people just don't want to the effect of being immobilized and dissociated from such a big event for the body. Rather than being about who does it better I really believe its about each person checking in with themselves and their partner and planning and having the birth experience that is right for them. Feeling good about your decisions and experience is way more than deciding between having drugs or not.

Feb 10 2007 Met online and started talking and dating soon after.

June 22 2007 She flies to Jamaica and we meet for the first time in person.

June 24 2007 The proposal.

Aug 21 I-129 F sent

Aug 29 NOA1 received in the mail.

Sept. 21 Another visit to Jamaica

Dec. 19 Approval posted online

Jan 6 NOA 2 Arrives in the mail

We never receive a packet 3 - we are told to keep waiting for it to come in the mail

Feb 19 Turned in DS230

Feb 21 Qualified for our interview

March 3 We are told we were not scheduled for an April interview but we'd for sure be scheduled at the end of March for a May interview

March 11 Pick up Packet 3

March 28 Still no interview - I email them and ask why - same day they respond and tell me that due to a "high work load" our interview won't be until June or later. - I immediately email back and (nicely) demand to know why we are being passed over when we were assured we would have an interview in May.

April 1 Interview scheduled for April 22

April 3 Pick up Letter

April 15 I fly to Kingston

April 16 Medical

April 25 8:00am Interview

April 27 Approved

May 17 Entry through JFK

June 21 Our beautiful wedding

July 03 Mailed our AOS

July 06 NOA 1

Sept 26 Transferred to California Office - we live in New York - called the USCIS office and they assured us this is normal. We sure hope they are right.

GILL AND TONISHA link me in PM when you get a chance.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawnin Gill ---

Wah you a do up so early on a SATURDAY?

but is who seh, is up she up, fi feel seh she never got a chance to get down :whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbs::devil:

TGIF everyone

My epidural was a godsend, because once the pitocin kicked in my contractions went from being bearable to me crying in pain for Jesus :lol:

It took a good while for them to get the catherer in the right place because I kept feeling it (and that was mainly because my back was not positioned correctly) but I felt every urge to push. My placenta would not come out when I pushed so the doc had to go in and get it (thank you epidural!) and then I would not stop bleeding so they had to go in again and remove clots (thank you epidural!).

If we have another child I would still like to have the natural experience at a birthing center, but if I have to be induced with pitocin then that will be out of the window.

WICKED drug - Pitocin! You can REFUSE IT! (almost all of my friends that were given PITOCIN - had a C-Section) I REFUSED it. They gave it to me then I told them to TURN it off (they kep telling me it would speed up my progression). I said HELL no. They just want you the hell out of there and so does the insurance company. NEXT! That's not the way my grandmother says it's suppose to work. They make it seem like you can't REFUSE IT, but you can. It's your body, unless something is really going wrong you try your best to control the situation. The nurses I had didn't listen to what I was telling them I was feeling. I could feel my son go down and then pull back up. It was the WORSE pain I've every felt in my life and the reason I was feeling that pain was becuase my umbical cord was wrapped around my son's neck once and around his shoulders twice. Everytime I would feel him going down his heart rate would drop and my family was complaing, because most of my aunts are L&D nurses and it cause a big argument. In the end, I ended up with an emergency C-Section and all HELL broke lose. They sent their DAMAGE control squad to talk to me the next day, because they thought I was going to sue them. Don't let the NURSES tell you what' you're feeling. It's your BODY! Some of them that have children, must have forgotten that they were in the spot at one point.

On a side note BEST DRUG EVERY "STADOL" - I was so DAMN high all I wanted to do was have SEX.

Is when u don't want to have sex :wacko:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

WAH u a seh JENGS? Mi deh yah pon the work and I'm still not 100%. I just don't want to suffer with my ears when the plane goes to land. That's what happened last time. So, I'm trying to get rid of this head cold.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
WAH u a seh JENGS? Mi deh yah pon the work and I'm still not 100%. I just don't want to suffer with my ears when the plane goes to land. That's what happened last time. So, I'm trying to get rid of this head cold.

that happened to me once, i felt like my head exploded, do whatever u can to get rid of it. that was my first introduction to the world of sinus infections.

that happened to me once, i felt like my head exploded, do whatever u can to get rid of it. that was my first introduction to the world of sinus infections.

Girl, trust me. I thought I was going to go MAD!

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
TGIF everyone

That sounds awful! I'm so petrified of what's to come in six months :unsure:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

TGIF everyone

Girl,

Try not to worry about that. Just try and take it easy.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those of you that have filed a CR-1 petition, what's the average length of time the petition is at the NVC before it gets approved? Does 3-4 months sound about right to you?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
TGIF everyone

Girl,

Try not to worry about that. Just try and take it easy.

right, just ignore anything we've written about the pain and whatnot, childbirth is a joyous experience :whistle::whistle: , just look at the beautiful baby pictures posted around here, and now the few hours of labor will bring you a lifetime of learning and joy with your new little one :innocent:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yeah..no bodda mek di one Jengs and Lawny ..scare yuh..when mi deh a work everybody have somehting fi tell mi..cho...ok whatever..."that no apply to mi" :) u know what i loved havinf with my daughter "WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN EXPECTING"

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.