Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Family!!

KEN IS HERE!!!!! He is watching me type this right now (hehehehehehehehehehe). He got in around 10:30 last night and FINALLY came out of customs at 11:30!!!! I just keep starring at him and giggling cyan't believe em reach!

He says "Hi" to you all and thanks you for holding down his ooman! Well we have some running around to do today!

I'll check-in with ya'll later ;)

Have a bless-ed day!

:luv: Gill

Welcome Ken!!!!!

Gill...when is the wedding?

Bwoy Dimps, I don't really know...haven't thought that far ahead...But I am thinking 5/23/08...exactly 18 months after the day we met!

Bless,

Gill

I like 5/23/08 Gill......that's Memorial Day weekend and the weather'll be nice!

I'm thinking 6/21 for me and Dave.....the first day of summer. I'll have to keep you posted on that one! LOL

APPLY FOR THE SS now, I belive u have up to 76 days into the visa to apply.

What are the steps? Anything in particular? I am so glad Gill mentioned that. Thank you everyone for your help with this

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just go down there armed with knowledge, i've read where people have been given the run around with K-1s and their right to have a ss#. there might be a guide in the pinned section of the K-1 forum, after y marriage some haven't been able to apply for a SS, they were told marriage voids the visa, since it is a fiancee visa.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
just go down there armed with knowledge, i've read where people have been given the run around with K-1s and their right to have a ss#. there might be a guide in the pinned section of the K-1 forum, after y marriage some haven't been able to apply for a SS, they were told marriage voids the visa, since it is a fiancee visa.

Ok. Thank you so much! Anything else in the process of waiting before marriage I need to do? I know the AOS is a whole different story that I haven't even began to embark on yet, lol!! God help us :innocent:

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

Timeline

Ok. Thank you so much! Anything else in the process of waiting before marriage I need to do? I know the AOS is a whole different story that I haven't even began to embark on yet, lol!! God help us :innocent:

I also just found this website that answered some questions for me as well:

http://www.***removed***/visas/kvisa/k1-fia...on-process.html. You can search around on there for other info as well

Processing

Timeline
MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.....for anybody who's interested! LOL

O.k., so me and Dave get to Kingston around 9am, picked up the police report - which had been ready for a week - but we just went by that morning to skip having to make extra trips. LOL. One of his friends took us up who works for JUTA Tours so he stayed with us all day. We went for breakfast next to Sovereign Plaza and I must of quizzed Dave on everything from when we met to what we ate for dinner the night before! :lol: Around 10:30am, we went and did some shopping by the embassy to kill some time and try to cool our nerves. Needless to say, that didn't help Dave but it helped me. LOL. We could see the embassy the whole time from where so we didn't "check-in" until about 12:45pm.

When we got to the door, the guard asked for the appointment letter and then asked who I was etc. I had my appointment letter too cause the embassy sent me one after I told them I was also attending it. lol. Luckily, Gill told me not to bring my cigarettes, lighters, cell phones etc. so they were in the car. We go thru the security - no one else was in line or waiting outside. We walked thru the courtyard and into the "waiting area" where a man took all the visa forms (2 of each), Dave's police report (made him sign it), the birth certif., the no impediment, the 4 passport pics and his passport. He organized all the paperwork....gave us a ticket...Number 136 (our lucky number! lol) and instructed us to go to Section A and have a seat till they called us.

......O.k......Here's when the real work began......We sat in Section A for about 15 minutes and then our number was called. Dave jumped when he heard the number but we got up and went to the first officer at window 21. As soon as we got there, she had the infamous Pink Folder open and smiled and said...Hello to Dave and told me...."So you're Tonisha....the one who's been emailing me for the last 2 months!" I was like yep, that was me. She sd "I wanted to meet you in person....I knew you'd be coming with him today!".....By this time, Dave was so shocked that this lady was this receptive that he just smiled....I think he was in disbelief that she would even know me or wanted to meet me by this point. LOL She asked him "Who filed for you?" and by reflex...HE POINTED TO ME instead of answering her! :rofl: She was like..."See, everybody does that but I want YOU TO TELL ME who filed for you?" He finally answered with my full name....and said my fiance and then the full name. She was like "o.k., that's more like it!" All I she and I could do was laugh, and it made Dave loosen up a bit. She then asked him a couple more questions like "has anyone ever filed for u before"...."have u ever been to the States"...and "what is your current job". Dave said he worked at the Craft market and she was like do you SELL crafts or do you MAKE crafts and he was like "I sell them". She said oh, o.k....just asking cause it's on your application etc. She took the Affid. of Support, the 2007 Taxes, 2007 W-2's, Bank Statement/ Letter, and the Letters from my employer. She didn't require any other financial info and said everything looked fine. We were up there about 10-15 minutes and then she told us to sit back down for Section B for the fingerprinting and wished us good luck!

We waited in section B for another 15-20 minutes and then they called Dave for the

fingerprinting...which only lasted 2 minutes...I didn't even go up to that window with him. LOL. By now, it was about 1:45pm and we waited about 45 more minutes in Section C. While we were waiting, there were 2 other guys up at the windows being interviewed for K-1's as well. One was with his fiance and one was by himself with a little boy about 5y/o. Me and Dave could hear their entire interview and the Immigration officers asked them "how did u meet your fiance"...and "what are your plans for when u get to the States"...stuff like that. Both of them got approved and were on their way.

We got called up for the Interview at 2:30pm and once again we had a female officer who was very friendly. She asked who I was and I said his fiance and she was like "super...you being here will make his job A LOT easier!" LOL. She told Dave it was nice that I came for support and he told her he was glad I was there too. She had us raise our right hands to swear that all the information was correct. She then asked Dave to write my full name on the sworn statement (he put my middle name in too....which really surprised me AND her...lol) She then complimented me on how well organized my original petition was and before she interviewed Dave she asked him..."Are you sure you're ready to marry a woman who's so organized?" and Dave said absolutely....she keeps me organized too! The lady just laughed and all the people behind us just laughed too. She then asked him to just tell what he could remember about when and how we met. Dave gave her the rundown from July 23rd to April 1st and he did really well. She then said, how did you know she was the "one" when you met her and he said "I saw it in her eyes and in her smile" ( I was like Oh yeah?? LOL LMAO) She then asked if he or I ever met each other's family members and we both sd yes and then went over who all we met and where. She asked him did I get along with his mom and he said yes. She then asked him what his plans were in the States and he said to hopefully work full-time and then eventually, take classes for towards and Associate's degree. While she was asking us stuff, she was typing on her computer and then looking back and nodding her head etc. Oh yeah, she also asked him what was my job and where do I work in the States. He answered both just fine and then she said..."well, it seems like you two are happy to be together and did a lot of work to get here. Here's your pink slip and directions to Airpack to receive your Visa...You've been approved!!!!" Me and Dave were still somewhat in shock that the whole thing was over but we collected our stuff and headed outside to his friend. She even waved to us once we got out in the courtyard and then all the guards said Congratulations and we went on our way.

After almost 6 months of paperwork and waiting it was over......just like that! I hope this was helpful for anyone with interviews coming up.....PM me if u want more details but I think I already went overboard with this Post! :yes::rofl::rofl:

Tonisha

Congrats! and thank you for all the details.. every bit of info helps us that are still waiting. Sounds like you were super-prepared.

Gill,

Congrats again how exciting it must be to finally have him with you and see him every day. I can't wait for that time to come for me.

Michelle

Edited by mommy2B

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Timeline

http://www.***removed***/visas/kvisa/k1-fia...on-process.html. You can search around on there for other info as well

That site is great. Lost of information in one place! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Hey Ken..welcome..FINALLY my yute !!

OK...what do we has women have o proove because some refuse to be in horrible pain for hours sometimes days like I was...cvan u imagine if i took no meds PLEASE!!...ppl say did u have her naturally or with drugs...ok when since any birth is not natural..why put urself and UR PRECIOUS BABY in labor to prove something to society or is it "braggin rights" please mi no agree wid dat eida and I WILL be taking drugs again God's willing and no matter how it come out it natural....AMERICA !! a no like JA wah ppl affi worry bout paying fi this meds or back in the day when there was none...

I could not have said it better. I should be the poster girl for epidurals cause I believe!!!!!

JA doesn't have to worry about paying for the meds anymore, Kimmy. All the fees were waived as of April 1st. I guess we'll see if they can keep up with the demands now!

I've also been thinking about epidurals and whether or not I should get one when my time comes. I read somewhere that they make you so numb you don't even know when its time to start pushing. Is that true? Also, what are any side effects?

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Timeline

That site is great. Lost of information in one place! Thanks so much for sharing it.

You're so welcom! It's the least I can do. I also found something else interesting in regards to the SS Card:

http://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/whatyou_need.htm. It states that is we selected yes on the DS-230 form they automatically send it to the SSA and they mail us a SSN Card within 3 weeks and we did select yes, so.....I am not sure, but I am on hold to verify. i will let you all know what I find out.

Processing

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
while we are on the subject of labor are there any other meds beside the epidural??? I itch from it and would really like something else for next time.

There is something else they will give you in an IV. It's more of a take the edge off kind of thing. I forget what it's called now.

Demerol...i heard that can make you very loopy....

Timeline

OK...what do we has women have o proove because some refuse to be in horrible pain for hours sometimes days like I was...cvan u imagine if i took no meds PLEASE!!...ppl say did u have her naturally or with drugs...ok when since any birth is not natural..why put urself and UR PRECIOUS BABY in labor to prove something to society or is it "braggin rights" please mi no agree wid dat eida and I WILL be taking drugs again God's willing and no matter how it come out it natural....AMERICA !! a no like JA wah ppl affi worry bout paying fi this meds or back in the day when there was none...

I could not have said it better. I should be the poster girl for epidurals cause I believe!!!!!

JA doesn't have to worry about paying for the meds anymore, Kimmy. All the fees were waived as of April 1st. I guess we'll see if they can keep up with the demands now!

I've also been thinking about epidurals and whether or not I should get one when my time comes. I read somewhere that they make you so numb you don't even know when its time to start pushing. Is that true? Also, what are any side effects?

it makes your lower half numb...like you legs so yes it can make it a little more difficult when it comes to push...at leas that is what i have been told and read...and sometimes if they don't put it in just right only have your body goes numb...so i still am on the fence what i am going to do...

about the SS card....you SHOULD wait at least 2 weeks to make sure the name is in the system....he has to fill out a form that you can get on the ss website and you can get it before you are married....

Timeline

You're so welcom! It's the least I can do. I also found something else interesting in regards to the SS Card:

http://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/whatyou_need.htm. It states that is we selected yes on the DS-230 form they automatically send it to the SSA and they mail us a SSN Card within 3 weeks and we did select yes, so.....I am not sure, but I am on hold to verify. i will let you all know what I find out.

That is absolutely not true. You'd think if it asks and you check yes, it would happen right? Not so. You MUST follow up with the SSA and apply.

I couldn't feel to push; but I did what they told me to do and I did it like they wanted. I could feel like this flutting in my stomach with each contraction.

Side effects for me where that my legs were numb for a while after. That went away soon enough.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
about the SS card....you SHOULD wait at least 2 weeks to make sure the name is in the system....he has to fill out a form that you can get on the ss website and you can get it before you are married....

I was wondering if things have changed....we were told to wait 10 days after the POE then apply for the SS card. We applied on a Monday and he got it that Friday.....no problems because we waited to him to get in the system.

Timeline

I was wondering if things have changed....we were told to wait 10 days after the POE then apply for the SS card. We applied on a Monday and he got it that Friday.....no problems because we waited to him to get in the system.

maybe they have....i really also think it depends where you go to get it....i think mike and i waited a pretty long time just to make sure it was in the system....

heard anything yet on the 10 yr GC?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

maybe they have....i really also think it depends where you go to get it....i think mike and i waited a pretty long time just to make sure it was in the system....

Nope, nothing yet. We made an INFOpass appointment for next Thursday to get his passport stamped to he can continue to work and travel.

2 more weeks....I'm so excited for you and Jax.

Timeline

Nope, nothing yet. We made an INFOpass appointment for next Thursday to get his passport stamped to he can continue to work and travel.

2 more weeks....I'm so excited for you and Jax.

oh wow...at least he will be able to still work and travel with the stamp....

i know i am counting down the days....it really could be anytime her size is big enough to be born....so whenever she decided to drop.... :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.