Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ken..welcome..FINALLY my yute !!

OK...what do we has women have o proove because some refuse to be in horrible pain for hours sometimes days like I was...cvan u imagine if i took no meds PLEASE!!...ppl say did u have her naturally or with drugs...ok when since any birth is not natural..why put urself and UR PRECIOUS BABY in labor to prove something to society or is it "braggin rights" please mi no agree wid dat eida and I WILL be taking drugs again God's willing and no matter how it come out it natural....AMERICA !! a no like JA wah ppl affi worry bout paying fi this meds or back in the day when there was none...

to each his own.

i'm allergic to whatever is in the epidural but i was still pressing that button, but that is me. a friend of mine delivered her three kids without meds. i looked at her in awe

ur absolutely right..but when it comes down to what is MORE natural that's where i'm like drugs or no drugs in natural...not everyone wants to take that risk..as some are thru before they can get the drug...

:rofl: ..Jengs yuh too funny..wah happened u started iching or what ?

why can't that be me?? why is it the doctors all want to go home when i'm in labor and give me more drugs that hurt like hell, and i can't press the button that much cause it feels like....let's see as the drug is entering my system it feels like 1000 ants are running thru my body at this point they were supposed to give me benedryl thru the IV, but they didn't believe me. i had my son there so i figured it would be in my records. let's just say i gave birth to her at 2pm and at 8pm as i'm shivering from itching so much the nurse looks at me and says oh u really are allergic..no a lie mi tell.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
while we are on the subject of labor are there any other meds beside the epidural??? I itch from it and would really like something else for next time.

hmm..bwoy mi no sure..Morphine is pretty strong

Lawd G-d, u ah try kill me?? I want to be numb not dead

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Classy i forgot ..what genre are u looking for ?

Brian Adams and Babara Streisand ...I FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE

Bob MArley and Lauren Hill.....TURN YOUR LIGHTS DOWN LOW

Kenny Lattimore...FOR YOU

Shania Twain...ANY MAN OF MINE & WHOSE BED HAVE UR BOOTS BEEN UNDER

Brian Adams...WHEN U REALLY LOVE A WOMAN & WHEN YOU LOVE SOMEONE

Brandy...EVERYTHING I DO

Mariah and Whitney....WHEN YOU BELIEVE

while we are on the subject of labor are there any other meds beside the epidural??? I itch from it and would really like something else for next time.

hmm..bwoy mi no sure..Morphine is pretty strong

Lawd G-d, u ah try kill me?? I want to be numb not dead

no yuh ask fi it sah..

OK...what do we has women have o proove because some refuse to be in horrible pain for hours sometimes days like I was...cvan u imagine if i took no meds PLEASE!!...ppl say did u have her naturally or with drugs...ok when since any birth is not natural..why put urself and UR PRECIOUS BABY in labor to prove something to society or is it "braggin rights" please mi no agree wid dat eida and I WILL be taking drugs again God's willing and no matter how it come out it natural....AMERICA !! a no like JA wah ppl affi worry bout paying fi this meds or back in the day when there was none...

to each his own.

i'm allergic to whatever is in the epidural but i was still pressing that button, but that is me. a friend of mine delivered her three kids without meds. i looked at her in awe

ur absolutely right..but when it comes down to what is MORE natural that's where i'm like drugs or no drugs in natural...not everyone wants to take that risk..as some are thru before they can get the drug...

why can't that be me?? why is it the doctors all want to go home when i'm in labor and give me more drugs that hurt like hell, and i can't press the button that much cause it feels like....let's see as the drug is entering my system it feels like 1000 ants are running thru my body at this point they were supposed to give me benedryl thru the IV, but they didn't believe me. i had my son there so i figured it would be in my records. let's just say i gave birth to her at 2pm and at 8pm as i'm shivering from itching so much the nurse looks at me and says oh u really are allergic..no a lie mi tell.

fi real :)

WHAT !!! mi woulda tek dat a likkle further..dem suppose to mek mi as comfy as best dem can considering the condtion of ur stay....bwoy some time mi affi wonder

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Any news on Tonisha yet? The Embassy should be getting ready to close...

No word yet!! I sent her a text, but she may have left her cell at the hotel.

Gurl, my stomach is starting to knot! I don't know why I get so nervous...but it's like Ton-Ton is likkle sister and I NEED har fi git through! She has been working SO dyam hard towards it!! Positive vibes ya'll... AND PRAYERS!!! :thumbs:

C'MON TON-TON & DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure:

TONISHA AND DAVE GOT THROUGH.....Thank the Lord! [/size] She said it was a breeze and the CO knew her from her pictures and her e-mails. My girl is so damn COOL and collect.

Oooooohhhhh ...THANK GOD!!!!!! To deh most high be the glory!!!!

:dance::dance:CONGRATS TON-TON & DAVE!!!! :dance::dance:

Thanks Lawny...guh home han rest now!

Hey All! THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND POSITIVE VIBES SENT MY WAY! :dance::dance:

Me and Dave got thru around 3pm that day but I was too nervous and excited so I didn't start calling everyone till' 5pm! :lol: It was like I forgot how to use my phone once we got outside the embassy! :rofl:

Tonisha girl, I can just imagine the bliss you felt. I am so happy for you. Did they give an estimate time for visa printing and/or delivery?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

You can have benadryl for the itch. That is a protocol order for everyone on any epidural and they also put narcan in the iv fluids to stop your legs from getting too numg after giving birth :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.....for anybody who's interested! LOL

O.k., so me and Dave get to Kingston around 9am, picked up the police report - which had been ready for a week - but we just went by that morning to skip having to make extra trips. LOL. One of his friends took us up who works for JUTA Tours so he stayed with us all day. We went for breakfast next to Sovereign Plaza and I must of quizzed Dave on everything from when we met to what we ate for dinner the night before! :lol: Around 10:30am, we went and did some shopping by the embassy to kill some time and try to cool our nerves. Needless to say, that didn't help Dave but it helped me. LOL. We could see the embassy the whole time from where so we didn't "check-in" until about 12:45pm.

When we got to the door, the guard asked for the appointment letter and then asked who I was etc. I had my appointment letter too cause the embassy sent me one after I told them I was also attending it. lol. Luckily, Gill told me not to bring my cigarettes, lighters, cell phones etc. so they were in the car. We go thru the security - no one else was in line or waiting outside. We walked thru the courtyard and into the "waiting area" where a man took all the visa forms (2 of each), Dave's police report (made him sign it), the birth certif., the no impediment, the 4 passport pics and his passport. He organized all the paperwork....gave us a ticket...Number 136 (our lucky number! lol) and instructed us to go to Section A and have a seat till they called us.

......O.k......Here's when the real work began......We sat in Section A for about 15 minutes and then our number was called. Dave jumped when he heard the number but we got up and went to the first officer at window 21. As soon as we got there, she had the infamous Pink Folder open and smiled and said...Hello to Dave and told me...."So you're Tonisha....the one who's been emailing me for the last 2 months!" I was like yep, that was me. She sd "I wanted to meet you in person....I knew you'd be coming with him today!".....By this time, Dave was so shocked that this lady was this receptive that he just smiled....I think he was in disbelief that she would even know me or wanted to meet me by this point. LOL She asked him "Who filed for you?" and by reflex...HE POINTED TO ME instead of answering her! :rofl: She was like..."See, everybody does that but I want YOU TO TELL ME who filed for you?" He finally answered with my full name....and said my fiance and then the full name. She was like "o.k., that's more like it!" All I she and I could do was laugh, and it made Dave loosen up a bit. She then asked him a couple more questions like "has anyone ever filed for u before"...."have u ever been to the States"...and "what is your current job". Dave said he worked at the Craft market and she was like do you SELL crafts or do you MAKE crafts and he was like "I sell them". She said oh, o.k....just asking cause it's on your application etc. She took the Affid. of Support, the 2007 Taxes, 2007 W-2's, Bank Statement/ Letter, and the Letters from my employer. She didn't require any other financial info and said everything looked fine. We were up there about 10-15 minutes and then she told us to sit back down for Section B for the fingerprinting and wished us good luck!

We waited in section B for another 15-20 minutes and then they called Dave for the

fingerprinting...which only lasted 2 minutes...I didn't even go up to that window with him. LOL. By now, it was about 1:45pm and we waited about 45 more minutes in Section C. While we were waiting, there were 2 other guys up at the windows being interviewed for K-1's as well. One was with his fiance and one was by himself with a little boy about 5y/o. Me and Dave could hear their entire interview and the Immigration officers asked them "how did u meet your fiance"...and "what are your plans for when u get to the States"...stuff like that. Both of them got approved and were on their way.

We got called up for the Interview at 2:30pm and once again we had a female officer who was very friendly. She asked who I was and I said his fiance and she was like "super...you being here will make his job A LOT easier!" LOL. She told Dave it was nice that I came for support and he told her he was glad I was there too. She had us raise our right hands to swear that all the information was correct. She then asked Dave to write my full name on the sworn statement (he put my middle name in too....which really surprised me AND her...lol) She then complimented me on how well organized my original petition was and before she interviewed Dave she asked him..."Are you sure you're ready to marry a woman who's so organized?" and Dave said absolutely....she keeps me organized too! The lady just laughed and all the people behind us just laughed too. She then asked him to just tell what he could remember about when and how we met. Dave gave her the rundown from July 23rd to April 1st and he did really well. She then said, how did you know she was the "one" when you met her and he said "I saw it in her eyes and in her smile" ( I was like Oh yeah?? LOL LMAO) She then asked if he or I ever met each other's family members and we both sd yes and then went over who all we met and where. She asked him did I get along with his mom and he said yes. She then asked him what his plans were in the States and he said to hopefully work full-time and then eventually, take classes for towards and Associate's degree. While she was asking us stuff, she was typing on her computer and then looking back and nodding her head etc. Oh yeah, she also asked him what was my job and where do I work in the States. He answered both just fine and then she said..."well, it seems like you two are happy to be together and did a lot of work to get here. Here's your pink slip and directions to Airpack to receive your Visa...You've been approved!!!!" Me and Dave were still somewhat in shock that the whole thing was over but we collected our stuff and headed outside to his friend. She even waved to us once we got out in the courtyard and then all the guards said Congratulations and we went on our way.

After almost 6 months of paperwork and waiting it was over......just like that! I hope this was helpful for anyone with interviews coming up.....PM me if u want more details but I think I already went overboard with this Post! :yes::rofl::rofl:

Tonisha

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Nish girl, I don't think you missed a step in that awesome story. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. This will help those of us that will be following behind you. :)

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Any news on Tonisha yet? The Embassy should be getting ready to close...

No word yet!! I sent her a text, but she may have left her cell at the hotel.

Gurl, my stomach is starting to knot! I don't know why I get so nervous...but it's like Ton-Ton is likkle sister and I NEED har fi git through! She has been working SO dyam hard towards it!! Positive vibes ya'll... AND PRAYERS!!! :thumbs:

C'MON TON-TON & DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure:

TONISHA AND DAVE GOT THROUGH.....Thank the Lord! [/size] She said it was a breeze and the CO knew her from her pictures and her e-mails. My girl is so damn COOL and collect.

Oooooohhhhh ...THANK GOD!!!!!! To deh most high be the glory!!!!

:dance::dance:CONGRATS TON-TON & DAVE!!!! :dance::dance:

Thanks Lawny...guh home han rest now!

Hey All! THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND POSITIVE VIBES SENT MY WAY! :dance::dance:

Me and Dave got thru around 3pm that day but I was too nervous and excited so I didn't start calling everyone till' 5pm! :lol: It was like I forgot how to use my phone once we got outside the embassy! :rofl:

Tonisha girl, I can just imagine the bliss you felt. I am so happy for you. Did they give an estimate time for visa printing and/or delivery?

They told us not to make any travel plans just yet and that Dave should have the Visa within 2 weeks. She added that most people will really have it in 5-7 business days. We're thinking somewhere around next friday he'll probably have it.

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Hey Ton girl.....yuh back ?

Yeah Kimmy....I'm back in one piece! LOL. Nearly drove dave crazy while I was there....quizzing him all day, everyday but we made it. They didn't ask us anything we went over anyways! LMAO.

How u feeling these days? U know Dave's mom tried to get us with the do you two wanna have kids someday talk (LOL) while i was down there, since he's an only child and neither one of us have kids. I thought she'd been talking to you or something. :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline
Hey Ton girl.....yuh back ?

Yeah Kimmy....I'm back in one piece! LOL. Nearly drove dave crazy while I was there....quizzing him all day, everyday but we made it. They didn't ask us anything we went over anyways! LMAO.

How u feeling these days? U know Dave's mom tried to get us with the do you two wanna have kids someday talk (LOL) while i was down there, since he's an only child and neither one of us have kids. I thought she'd been talking to you or something. :lol:

:rofl: ..ssooooo u soon join the club huh ..i'm feeling much much btter still have my days but nothing compared to what it was..i'm happy things went well

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

You can have benadryl for the itch. That is a protocol order for everyone on any epidural and they also put narcan in the iv fluids to stop your legs from getting too numg after giving birth :thumbs:

after i complained and pulled off the sensors,they gave me benadryl and said they couldn't give me too much since they didn't want the baby to become unresponsive...at that point mi nah lie, i was like forget about the baby, if i'm not feeling right i'm not pushing. but everytime i pushed the button the itch would get worse :angry: in retrospect i should have asked for more benadryl after the labor, it would have helped a lot.

Timeline
Wow Nish girl, I don't think you missed a step in that awesome story. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. This will help those of us that will be following behind you. :)

Mich, u know i'm all about details! LOL This is what the immigration lady was trying to tell dave when she kept saying how organized i was. LOL I know it drives people crazy sometimes, but I just like to be thorough so people know what to expect.

I'm glad u felt like it helped Mich. Did I tell you Ray is alot taller in person than how he looks in the pictures? :rofl::P

I'll talk to you later...i'm off to bed. LOL.

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline

to each his own.

Oh my God thats exaclty what mosquito bites feel like for me. My husband thinks I'm making a bigger deal of it than it is but I swear its like things are crawling in my body and I just want to rip my flesh off! It is THAT serious. I have to dang near overdose myself with benadryl. It took me a long time to realize that benedryl would be able to help me too. I am soooo alergic to JA mosquitos.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.