Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Family!!

KEN IS HERE!!!!! He is watching me type this right now (hehehehehehehehehehe). He got in around 10:30 last night and FINALLY came out of customs at 11:30!!!! I just keep starring at him and giggling cyan't believe em reach!

He says "Hi" to you all and thanks you for holding down his ooman! Well we have some running around to do today!

I'll check-in with ya'll later ;)

Have a bless-ed day!

:luv: Gill

Mawin Gill and KEN!...

Ken mek sure you call us when the TWIN girls arrive :devil:

Yes Please call me, cause mi wan fe tek one.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

WELCOME HOME KEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys- I have two questions.

1) how much is the AOS fee?

2) I read on the USCIS website that the SO birth cert. has to have BOTH parent's names. My husbands is the certified long form but it does NOT have his father's name..... does this mean i am going to have trouble??

I thought you didn't have to go through AOS if you file IR1/CR1. Thought it was just for K-1/K3 visa.

Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

2) I read on the USCIS website that the SO birth cert. has to have BOTH parent's names. My husbands is the certified long form but it does NOT have his father's name..... does this mean i am going to have trouble??

I thought you didn't have to go through AOS if you file IR1/CR1. Thought it was just for K-1/K3 visa.

In the CR1 route AOS means Avidavit of Support...not Adjustment of Status.n the CR1 route AOS means Avidavit of Support...not Adjustment of Status. Don't ask me why you have to PAY to tell NVC that you can support your spouse, but its a $70 fee. Got mine waiting to be sent off right now.

Edited by Marlita

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
******calling the VETS*****

Okay. My case is at Kingston. When the heck did it reach NVC if I was approved 3/27/08? What do I do now? My head is cloudy and I can't find my NOTES that Gill and the others gave me. Did I miss a step? Do I need to do anything else with NVC?

Congratulations Lawny! Ie look like de case move along nice! :dance:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Where is ISLANDWOMAN...I'm going to get her.

Guess WHAT!

I got an appointment to drop of the DS-230 @ 12:30 on 4/10/08. I really think my girl is working with Ms. Cleo. E-mail from the embassy say he should get packet 3 by MONDAY!

JG -- I WAS DEPENDING ON snail mail

Lawny me drop of date and time de same!!

Mawning Family!!

KEN IS HERE!!!!! He is watching me type this right now (hehehehehehehehehehe). He got in around 10:30 last night and FINALLY came out of customs at 11:30!!!! I just keep starring at him and giggling cyan't believe em reach!

He says "Hi" to you all and thanks you for holding down his ooman! Well we have some running around to do today!

Have a bless-ed day!

Welcome to de States Ken!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Tonisha @ Congratulations!! He will be here before you know it. Whoooo!!! :dance:

JaEnglishGirl @ Sorry to hear about your drivers licenses problems. I wish your state was as easy as ours.

JONESIE @ Long time no see1 Gavin is a handsome little lad. He has grown sense your first pic :)!All the best with passing your stats class! Hopefully your teacher will be helpful.

Nbsaw @ the adjustment just takes time. Like I have said before the first couple months are the hardest with all the new things to learn. Just keep your ####### and things will get there. Take everything as baby steps cause change will not come fast. Thanks for sharing your story it brings back memory's of HD just arriving last year.

Shauna @ I am glad everybody at your college is O.K. That can be so scary. I just don't understand this whole obsession with school shootings. When it happened in my hometown I was in shock. Like it couldn't happen here. Right now they are trying to figure out what to do with the building. The community here has come together sense Valentines Day in helping out. Forward Together Forward.

Gill @ Get some sleep tonight girl. All the best tomorrow. How exciting. YEAH!! Another couple starting their journey of life together. LOVE IT

Jomo/Gill @ That reminds me of my hubby. He pulled a prank on me. Oh and it wasn't just him it was the whole gang of guys I use to teach with. They called and said they got busted with gang and were going to jail cause they were selling it to tourist. I was so mad because the interview was coming up. I was speechless and I can't believe everyone played along with him. He hung up and called back later to tell my April fooles. I should of known better because none of them have even tried ganga. AHAHAH

Thanks Nanny!! He is doing better. He just gets bored in the house but when I go there for the weekend, I will make sure he has fun going out.

CONGRATS TO TONISHA!!!!! God is still in the blessing business! :dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

Timeline
Mawning Family!!

Have a bless-ed day!

CONGRATS GILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! God bless you both...love & patience..remember to chant that, lol.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

Timeline

HEY KEN!!! Welcome to America!! Congratulations again Gill!!!

Hey everybody...what's good?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Hey Ken..welcome..FINALLY my yute !!

OK...what do we has women have o proove because some refuse to be in horrible pain for hours sometimes days like I was...cvan u imagine if i took no meds PLEASE!!...ppl say did u have her naturally or with drugs...ok when since any birth is not natural..why put urself and UR PRECIOUS BABY in labor to prove something to society or is it "braggin rights" please mi no agree wid dat eida and I WILL be taking drugs again God's willing and no matter how it come out it natural....AMERICA !! a no like JA wah ppl affi worry bout paying fi this meds or back in the day when there was none...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Congrats Tonisha on the approval and Gill on your fiance's arrival (L)

Hey Brownskinn, I see you're hitting the books like me - I am so tired of school but I know this will pay off and help to provide a better life for the family.

JAX AND SHAUNA - I wish the both of you a (relatively) painless labor and delivery on your little princesses...Gavin is already looking women :) so I might be calling you to set up talks of an arranged marriage *lol* just kidding :)

:lol::lol: well i am not sure about painless...i just had my ultra sound and well....she is in the 90th percentile for growth and about 8.6 pounds already....my dr yesterday said she thinks i will go another 2 weeks....so if that is true and babies gain about a half pound a week....i don't even want to think about it...and the hair...OMG...her head is COVERD with hair and just blowing in the breeze :lol: it was so cute!!!

:rofl: We could make an arranged marriage. :luv: Painless it must be if woman choose to have more than one. I will have a painless labor I will be asking for drugs. Doc said anytime next week until my do date she could pop out. If she is as big as Shaunas little one he said I will have a C-section. She has to be 8 pounds or less. We will see in two weeks at the ultra sound.

Shauna I can't believe you could see the hair how neat.

At work they threw me a shower. The staff got me a gift certificate to Target. I will be saving it for diapers.

Well I have 2 kids and "painless" is not a word I associate with either of them! However, the mind has a way of dulling that memory as time goes on so that you get lulled into having another one - LOL!! For my first I was drugs all the way, but then I really paid for it afterwards because it made recovery slower. With my 2nd I was totally natural - no drugs and I was begging to go home before 24 hrs was up. My advice is don't feel pressured to take the drugs because you are unsure of your pain tolerance (we are women so it is much higher tolerance than a mans!!) While it is a "pain" like no other, it really is not all that bad. And what a great gift you get for all the work!!!

Sorry but I will take drugs all the way. I am not one for pain. I will stay in the hospital as long as possible until I recover to. My insurance will be paying for everything. So I want to get better before I have to come home and be on my own cooking and all. I think everyone is different. Thanks for the advice. :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

My husband did not have his father on his birth certificate and it was O.K. On his petition I just put unknown.

Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

I hope so..but I think it has to be paid when you do the DS-230 form maybe?

Yes you will pay a fee for bill IV. I don't know how much it cost now. But you don't have to do AOS.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

In the CR1 route AOS means Avidavit of Support...not Adjustment of Status.n the CR1 route AOS means Avidavit of Support...not Adjustment of Status. Don't ask me why you have to PAY to tell NVC that you can support your spouse, but its a $70 fee. Got mine waiting to be sent off right now.

Yep it is the cheaper bill out of everything. I thought it might have gone up. $70 bill for the AOS (I-864) fee.

Ken @ All the best and Welcome to the good old USA!!! B)

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Drugs are gooooooooooooooood!!! :rofl:

I wondered about that too....Can't see why some decide to be martyrs....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

Morning all!

Welcome to the US, Ken!!

Lita, the $70 is the processing fee to review the AIS forms/package.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Drugs are gooooooooooooooood!!! :rofl:

I wondered about that too....Can't see why some decide to be martyrs....

Unfortunatly my first (my son) was drug free. NOT by choice, the damn epidural didn't work! With my daughter the epidural worked, yahooooo!!!!!!

I had an idea.....I want to make a cd, but want to hear something I maybe would not have thought of myself. I would like each person to name a song (or however many you would like.) Hopefully we'll make a great cd and I could send it to whoever would like. :thumbs: I love all types of music.

Timeline
Mawning Family!!

Have a bless-ed day!

Hey Gill, CONGRATS :dance::dance: I hope to be in your shoes one day. :lol::lol:

Welcome to the good ole US of A KEN. I hope you will enjoy the new experience, :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.