Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is ISLANDWOMAN...I'm going to get her.

Guess WHAT!

I got an appointment to drop of the DS-230 @ 12:30 on 4/10/08. I really think my girl is working with Ms. Cleo. E-mail from the embassy say he should get packet 3 by MONDAY!

JG -- I WAS DEPENDING ON snail mail

Should have and actually have are two different things in JA, Tre. And, that's if he goes and picks up his mail, right?

Wouldn't it be funny if he got it and then decided to play you and not tell you for a while? I would crack up.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I saw the sassari and those are very nice of course i like them in the gold, but i'm mi nuh no, not pigeon toed the other thing were your feet point out to the side. I would fall off of those in no times. I have to have ankle straps to tie mi down when wearing high heeled slides.

I haven't had that problem with them - They are the most comfortable pair of heels that I own - The one thing I did learn is to order smaller than you usually wear - I wear a 9.5 or 10 - The 10s slid off my feet. I have them in pink / white and black / white - I like the gold, too - I bought them from shoebuy.com when they had a coupon sale, so I got them cheap.

Enjoy today, Gill! You must be bouncing off the walls!

Welcome-Home.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Thanks Sus-ie! I am!!! He called me bright and early this morning to ask me if I have any plans for tonight...cause he would like to take me out! :lol: (Silly)

I just can't believe that we are here...I've cried...worried...screamed and agonized over this day and it is finally here! (I hope it's not anti-climatic! :lol:) We start our physical journey together as a power couple tonight...however our powerful love and spiritually togetherness we have been there from day one!

I want to take a moment to tell all of you how grateful I am for your support and acts of kindness of the last nine months! Whether is be our seasoned Elders that helped me every step of the way or our welcomed new additions that have given sent up their prayers upon our behalf! I feel truly blessed and humbled to be around such inspiring women everyday!

I recently read a thread about what MENA VJ means to a member...Well here's what Yardie VJ means to me:

Friendship, Sisterhood, Guidance, Patience, Understanding, Love, Nuturing, Laughter, Tears, and a place to exhale!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING MY FIRST LEG OF THIS JOURNEY A LOT EASIER TO BEAR... Sometimes we don't get to tell people in our lives how much if an impact they make upon us...Well, I didn't want to let this opportunity pass without letting ALL of you know how each and everyone of you have touched our lives (Ken & I). Each and everyone of you in some small way share in Ken's arrival here today...so again...We thank you!

Bless-ed Bless-ed Love ALWAYS,

Gill & Ken

I am so excited for you! I can only imagine!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guess WHAT!

I got an appointment to drop of the DS-230 @ 12:30 on 4/10/08. I really think my girl is working with Ms. Cleo. E-mail from the embassy say he should get packet 3 by MONDAY!

Should have and actually have are two different things in JA, Tre. And, that's if he goes and picks up his mail, right?

Wouldn't it be funny if he got it and then decided to play you and not tell you for a while? I would crack up.

I would crack up too,

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Guess WHAT!

I would crack up too,

:ot:

just venting a bit..

My next proposal..

will NOT be an agreement between me and my man, it will be something that he has stressed about prayed about and put some thought into, i don't need him to be down on one knee or anything but DANG put some effort into it..

I will think "I am sooo happy" not " its about f'ing time"

Everybody in my family will probably hve heard about it before me because he has a pretty good relationship w/ them

No matter how big or small the ring is, it will be something HE picked out and purchased or financed or put on layaway or something (make it happen w/out my help)

He won't be too proud or insecure or afraid or ashamed to tell me WHY he wants me to be his wife, he won't be able to help himself..

will not be my man's last resort to keep me in his life, but a consequence of him realizing he NEEDS me in his life..

Timeline

Guess WHAT!

I would crack up too,

just venting a bit..

My next proposal..

will NOT be an agreement between me and my man, it will be something that he has stressed about prayed about and put some thought into, i don't need him to be down on one knee or anything but DANG put some effort into it..

Everybody in my family will probably hve heard about it before me because he has a pretty good relationship w/ them

No matter how big or small the ring is, it will be something HE picked out and purchased or financed or put on layaway or something (make it happen w/out my help)

He won't be too proud or insecure or afraid or ashamed to tell me WHY he wants me to be his wife, he won't be able to help himself..

will not be my man's last resort to keep me in his life, but a consequence of him realizing he NEEDS me in his life..

GIRL....what in the world? :wacko: I know what you mean though. I don't want to feel like some one is marrying me without any thought to it what so ever, nor do i want them to do it cause they feel they have too.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guess WHAT!

I would crack up too,

just venting a bit..

My next proposal..

you saying u want a redo?? lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Congrats Tonisha on the approval and Gill on your fiance's arrival (L)

Hey Brownskinn, I see you're hitting the books like me - I am so tired of school but I know this will pay off and help to provide a better life for the family.

JAX AND SHAUNA - I wish the both of you a (relatively) painless labor and delivery on your little princesses...Gavin is already looking women :) so I might be calling you to set up talks of an arranged marriage *lol* just kidding :)

:lol::lol: well i am not sure about painless...i just had my ultra sound and well....she is in the 90th percentile for growth and about 8.6 pounds already....my dr yesterday said she thinks i will go another 2 weeks....so if that is true and babies gain about a half pound a week....i don't even want to think about it...and the hair...OMG...her head is COVERD with hair and just blowing in the breeze :lol: it was so cute!!!

Timeline

Hey Nanny, how were you able to see her hair? Did you get a 3D US?

My friend just had a baby and doc said the weight would be around 6.5/6.9 pounds.....why was the baby like 8.5?! And she was a tiny lady...she had a small Chinese frame.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Guess WHAT!

WHOA.. Islandwoman ya need to get ya a ad on VJ , " Worried bout your NOA?? Come ease your mind, Islandwoman predictions ie right every time"

:jest:

LMAO!!! **Spoken in my best Jamaican accent** Call me now!!! :rofl:

Congrats again Lawny!! Seriously, I was just watching how fast this part had been moving in everyone's timeline lately so that was why I threw that out there about packet 3 beating you to JA. My next prediction - be ready for the interview before you go cuz it looks like that will get scheduled within a month. Marcel will be here waiving the American Flag in the Memorial Day parade in DC.

That's just a prediction, of course. :unsure:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Hey Nanny, how were you able to see her hair? Did you get a 3D US?

My friend just had a baby and doc said the weight would be around 6.5/6.9 pounds.....why was the baby like 8.5?! And she was a tiny lady...she had a small Chinese frame.

nope didn't have a 3D u/s it was just the way she was lying and how the had the little wand thing that you could see all this hair on her head....it was crazy!!! Well her weight was done on how big she was and how much that measured on the u/s.... i know some dr try to tell you what they think when they feel around...and depends on when the dr told her that....because the tech said after a week the baby can put on about .5 pounds per week.....so it really all depends....

Timeline

Guess WHAT!

That would be awesome!! A taste of your own medicine, perhaps??!!! :devil:

Timeline

Hey Brownskinn, I see you're hitting the books like me - I am so tired of school but I know this will pay off and help to provide a better life for the family.

JAX AND SHAUNA - I wish the both of you a (relatively) painless labor and delivery on your little princesses...Gavin is already looking women :) so I might be calling you to set up talks of an arranged marriage *lol* just kidding :)

:lol::lol: well i am not sure about painless...i just had my ultra sound and well....she is in the 90th percentile for growth and about 8.6 pounds already....my dr yesterday said she thinks i will go another 2 weeks....so if that is true and babies gain about a half pound a week....i don't even want to think about it...and the hair...OMG...her head is COVERD with hair and just blowing in the breeze :lol: it was so cute!!!

:rofl: We could make an arranged marriage. :luv: Painless it must be if woman choose to have more than one. I will have a painless labor I will be asking for drugs. Doc said anytime next week until my do date she could pop out. If she is as big as Shaunas little one he said I will have a C-section. She has to be 8 pounds or less. We will see in two weeks at the ultra sound.

Shauna I can't believe you could see the hair how neat.

At work they threw me a shower. The staff got me a gift certificate to Target. I will be saving it for diapers.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

O.K. So I think the clog croc shoes are ugly. They are selling knock offs at the dollar store for 5 dollars. My girlfriend has every color to match her out fits. She says they are comfort. I might just try a pair for the comfort value. The other shoes they have look nice. Jelly shoes back in the day were not comfortable. What were we thinking.

This was my favorite trend. Yes repeating myself. :wacko:

http://www.inthe80s.com/clothes/undadog_8hotmailcom0.shtml

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

:rofl: We could make an arranged marriage. :luv: Painless it must be if woman choose to have more than one. I will have a painless labor I will be asking for drugs. Doc said anytime next week until my do date she could pop out. If she is as big as Shaunas little one he said I will have a C-section. She has to be 8 pounds or less. We will see in two weeks at the ultra sound.

Shauna I can't believe you could see the hair how neat.

At work they threw me a shower. The staff got me a gift certificate to Target. I will be saving it for diapers.

Well I have 2 kids and "painless" is not a word I associate with either of them! However, the mind has a way of dulling that memory as time goes on so that you get lulled into having another one - LOL!! For my first I was drugs all the way, but then I really paid for it afterwards because it made recovery slower. With my 2nd I was totally natural - no drugs and I was begging to go home before 24 hrs was up. My advice is don't feel pressured to take the drugs because you are unsure of your pain tolerance (we are women so it is much higher tolerance than a mans!!) While it is a "pain" like no other, it really is not all that bad. And what a great gift you get for all the work!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.