Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did you see this reason why some may not get a stimulous rebate check in the next month or two?......

6. You don't have a valid Social Security Number. Some taxpayers without Social Security numbers file tax returns using an IRS-generated Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. These people will not be eligible for a rebate. If married and filing jointly, each spouse must have a valid SSN to receive the rebate.

This may effect some on this very site.

They've said this for awhile. Its been on VJ for a minute. if you file jointly with your non-SSN holding spouse...NEITHER of you will get a rebate. You MUST file seperately and you will only receive a rebate as a single person not a married person. Which makes sense. Doesnt make sense to rebate folks who have no way of legally contributing to the economy...ie living here and working without an SSN.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Man tells FBI explosives were for show

By TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer 52 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. - A Jamaican accused of trying to check a bag containing pipe bomb-making materials onto a plane told the FBI he wanted to show friends how to build explosives like he saw in Iraq, according to documents released Wednesday.

The FBI was still trying to determine whether Kevin Brown was ever in Iraq. Investigators noted he first told them he wanted to detonate the materials on a tree stump in Jamaica.

Brown did not speak at a brief court hearing Wednesday where he was ordered held without bail while prosecutors reviewed his mental health records.

Brown, 32, was arrested Tuesday at Orlando International Airport after checking luggage for an Air Jamaica flight. Transportation Security Administration behavior experts spotted him acting suspiciously in the ticketing area, and so investigators searched his baggage and found the unassembled bomb-making materials, authorities said.

Clarence Counts, Brown's court-appointed public defender, declined to comment as he prepared for a formal bond hearing Thursday.

The FBI said TSA officials searched Brown's checked luggage before it was put on the plane. It had two glass vodka bottles containing nitromethane, a colorless liquid used as a fuel for drag racing, in manufacturing and as a cleaning solvent. Brown said he had hoped the liquor bottles would disguise the nitromethane, the FBI said in a court filing.

The baggage also had a model rocker ignitor, galvanized pipes, end caps, two small containers containing BBs, batteries, a laptop and instructions on how to make bombs, the FBI stated in court papers.

Brown is charged with one count of attempting to carry an explosive or incendiary device on an aircraft. The FBI believed his most recent address was in Gainesville.

Passengers were briefly cleared out of the ticketing area where Brown checked in for a flight to Montego Bay, Jamaica. A bomb squad arrived, and investigators in protective suits searched Brown on the sidewalk outside the Air Jamaica counter.

Some Orlando International Airport flights were delayed up to two hours, spokeswoman Carolyn Fennell said.

Air Jamaica executive director Shirley Williams said the items could not have caused an explosion and the aircraft and its passengers were never at risk.

Jamaica's prime minister has ordered the Jamaica Constabulary Force to conduct is own investigation into Brown's activities in that country.

The FBI said it believed Brown was in the United States legally.

He bettah file for asylum...they're going to kick his A$$ if they let him into Jamaica.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Sus you working on a PROMOTION?

LOL - My boss is female, wouldn't help! Working on a new job - interview tommorrow!

Lol...cute. Girl when I'm done with this K-1 process I'll be looking for a new job. I can't deal with DC anymore.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Anybody got the 202 #? I need to make a call...

202-663-1225

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

202-663-1225

THANKS GIRL!! Are you feeling any better??

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

202-663-1225

THANKS GIRL!! Are you feeling any better??

NO :crying: -- Thanks for asking. I want to take off tomorrow, but I have 1175 e-mails to go through before I go on leave next week. Then people waiting until the LAST DAMN MINUTE to ask for thing. I support 134 people and it's taking a toll on me. TOMORROW I'm going to be SUPER bitttttttttttatch :angry: They knew I was travel for 3 months now. So, no EXCUSE.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Tonisha on the approval and Gill on your fiance's arrival (L)

Hey Brownskinn, I see you're hitting the books like me - I am so tired of school but I know this will pay off and help to provide a better life for the family.

JAX AND SHAUNA - I wish the both of you a (relatively) painless labor and delivery on your little princesses...Gavin is already looking women :) so I might be calling you to set up talks of an arranged marriage *lol* just kidding :)

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

SJB we are planning to leave for JA between Aug. 12-15 (debating on if we should pay extra for the AirJ flight that lands in Mobay at 6:30am or the cheaper Continental that lands early morning) and return two weeks later.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SJB we are planning to leave for JA between Aug. 12-15 (debating on if we should pay extra for the AirJ flight that lands in Mobay at 6:30am or the cheaper Continental that lands early morning) and return two weeks later.

Lawdi merci..look at dat fine looking young man dere!!! Jonesie, Gavin is adorable!!

Timeline

Lawdi merci..look at dat fine looking young man dere!!! Jonesie, Gavin is adorable!!

Thanks :) when I was preggers and tried to imagine what he would look like, I never thought he would look like this. He is the sweetest baby I know, wonderful temperment and just so calm and content :blush:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Where is ISLANDWOMAN...I'm going to get her.

Guess WHAT!

I got an appointment to drop of the DS-230 @ 12:30 on 4/10/08. I really think my girl is working with Ms. Cleo. E-mail from the embassy say he should get packet 3 by MONDAY!

JG -- I WAS DEPENDING ON snail mail

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is ISLANDWOMAN...I'm going to get her.

Guess WHAT!

I got an appointment to drop of the DS-230 @ 12:30 on 4/10/08. I really think my girl is working with Ms. Cleo. E-mail from the embassy say he should get packet 3 by MONDAY!

JG -- I WAS DEPENDING ON snail mail

WHOA.. Islandwoman ya need to get ya a ad on VJ , " Worried bout your NOA?? Come ease your mind, Islandwoman predictions ie right every time"

:jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.