Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay ya'll can't laugh at me. Yesterday I had a taste for ackee and salt fish, dumpling, dashee, bannana, cocoa and sweet potato. So, I went to buy some flour yesterday and picked up the wrong kind. I think I picked up self-rising instead of all purpose and the damn dumpling them swell up big and until the pot top pop off. When I walked in the kitchen I had about 6 dumplings on the floor. Oh, well, next time I'll be more careful.

Were you the one who blew the top off the pressure cooker cooking goat????? :whistle::whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I am pissed the HELL OFF!!!

In AUGUST I went to the MVA to get a learner's permit for MD.

They asked me if I had ever held a license before, I said NO, just a learner's permit in England. They asked to see it, so I produced it.

They then told me, I could NOT have a learner's permit here, I had to CONVERT it and do a 3 hour drug and alcohol program.

I even EMAILED them AFTER to check this was RIGHT!

So I did the alcohol and drug course in SEPTEMBER, and the driving school finally gave me the certificate in DECEMBER.

I went back to the MVA in January to make an appointment for the driving test, by which point my I-94 had expired, so the bastards told me MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!

There were no January appointments left, I was told to call in FEBRUARY.

I made an appointment on the 6th of FEB for TODAY (two FREAKING MONTHS LATER).

TODAY I go in, they say 'SORRY YOU NEED A LEARNER'S PERMIT'??????????

Now, the FRIGGED up thing about it, is that I have to hold the learner's permit for SIX FREAKING months until I can drive on my OWN?????

I am sooo pissed and disgusted with those stupid a$$holes right now.

Oh English, I'm sorry. Did you go the one in Beltsville? They gave my brother-in-law the same run around. He had a VALID license from Cameron and they told him he had to get a learners after making 3 appointments. He was being told different things and different times in the process. That is just crazy. And this new appointment thing which they implement several years ago is suppose to cut down on the lines.

Only a few MVA deal with foreign documents. Made an appointment in September for December. We had to go all the way to Waldorf. Damien had to go to driving school with a bunch of 16 year olds.

I think the entire process sucks!

Yeah it does. That's one of things your fiance could be working on when he first gets here. I had no idea it could almost a year. That's one of my regrets...altough I wasn't ready for him to drive...especially my car LOL.

I'm glad Ray has his driver's license already.

Will they let him drive on it where you live?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They asked me if I had ever held a license before, I said NO, just a learner's permit in England. They asked to see it, so I produced it.

They then told me, I could NOT have a learner's permit here, I had to CONVERT it and do a 3 hour drug and alcohol program.

So I did the alcohol and drug course in SEPTEMBER, and the driving school finally gave me the certificate in DECEMBER.

I went back to the MVA in January to make an appointment for the driving test, by which point my I-94 had expired, so the bastards told me MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!

Now, the FRIGGED up thing about it, is that I have to hold the learner's permit for SIX FREAKING months until I can drive on my OWN?????

Oh English, I'm sorry. Did you go the one in Beltsville? They gave my brother-in-law the same run around. He had a VALID license from Cameron and they told him he had to get a learners after making 3 appointments. He was being told different things and different times in the process. That is just crazy. And this new appointment thing which they implement several years ago is suppose to cut down on the lines.

Only a few MVA deal with foreign documents. Made an appointment in September for December. We had to go all the way to Waldorf. Damien had to go to driving school with a bunch of 16 year olds.

Yeah it does. That's one of things your fiance could be working on when he first gets here. I had no idea it could almost a year. That's one of my regrets...altough I wasn't ready for him to drive...especially my car LOL.

Sunny, still check with MVA. It took that long to get an appointment for EVERYTHING....even to get an state ID. They have to view his foreign documents first.

Timeline

Lawny, I think you need to invest in takeout menus!

Sorry to hear about the license issue, that has to be frustrating.

DJ and I were talking last night - I had the most bizarre dream about him - we had a huge fight (don't know what about), so I threw his cell in the river, then hopped in the car and was trying to escape him - for some reason, I was driving down a staircase, and he was running fast enough to catch the car :huh:

I was telling him the dream, and he kept telling me that he would never fight with me - I kept repeating - Babes, trust me, we are going to fight at some point - especially once you get here! It's a part of life, it's all how you handle it -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bwoy, yuh see dis is what mi CYAN'T tek wid govenrment offices...is WAT kindda madness a gwaan! Dem really f-hup some people wid dis type a foolishness!!!!

Gurl, hang tight han jus knoa seh...bettah MUS come!!! When yuh FINALLY git yuh license...then yuh done wid dem! However, I would still send an email to my state legislator and the MVA commissoner...just to make them aware of the type of incompetency that can be found in their agencies!!!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I can finally come up for some air! The past six weeks have been me struggling in my Statistics class. The sad thing is that I'm praying to pass with a D.

I left my job and have been on the hunt for a higher paying position that is closer to home. I have three potential choices so now just waiting on the Lord to give me some direction in regard to what company to work for.

Hope everyone has been doing well!

JONESIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gyal...where yuh been! OMGoodness...Gavin is SO dyam cute...han BIG!!!!! Sending prayers for direction and passing your stats class!! Don't be a stranger!!!

Many Blessings,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sunny, still check with MVA. It took that long to get an appointment for EVERYTHING....even to get an state ID. They have to view his foreign documents first.

My gosh...

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
i would have exploded on them and asked to speak with the supervisor....and told them a little bit about themselves....

Supervisor actually come over and dealt with me....she was lovely, she tried to see if there was any way of overriding the system, she couldn't do anything :(

i hate when things like this happens!! sorry you had to go through that...at least the woman was nice...i know some at the dmv are such gems.... :whistle::wacko:

Timeline
I'm so mad right now I can never keep with this thread...... :crying:

Dimps Dharling...wahappen? Yuh arright? :unsure:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Okay ya'll can't laugh at me. Yesterday I had a taste for ackee and salt fish, dumpling, dashee, bannana, cocoa and sweet potato. So, I went to buy some flour yesterday and picked up the wrong kind. I think I picked up self-rising instead of all purpose and the damn dumpling them swell up big and until the pot top pop off. When I walked in the kitchen I had about 6 dumplings on the floor. Oh, well, next time I'll be more careful.

Bwoy Lawny...mi duh deh same ting hall deh while...between dat han using deh wrong rice fi cook Rice & Peas! :whistle::lol: :lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Any of you ladies own a pair of Crocs? I'm debating.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOVE THEM!!!!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline

DIMPLES what's wrong? SIS

LOVE THEM!!!!

Wah name so?

Were you the one who blew the top off the pressure cooker cooking goat????? :whistle::whistle:

No, Rhonda it wasn't me. It was me that took 9 hours to cook goat in a dutchpot. I was so damn hungry and fustrated I went over to my parents to eat.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

DIMPLES what's wrong? SIS

LOVE THEM!!!!

Wah name so?

Gurl, yuh know Crocs....

crocs.JPG

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.