Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If packet 3 arrives first, just pretend you didn't know Tre. He would be so excited to tell you first anyhow!

But, come one.........we are talking about Jamaica here. What are the odds of the packet arriving before you do REALLY?

You got that right. He got my Christmas cards a few days after Valentine's Day. :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawin Yardies!

I'm sure this will be a week full of good news and I can't wait......

Lawny,

Sorry I didn't make the party, but your having one I'll be there for sure. It's funny your asking me about Settings. My girlfriend was telling me about it yesterday and it was the first time hearing of it. So it's nice huh? Keep me posted on that because I'll be there.

On the other note: I went to Crossroads Friday and Saturday. I'm at work now and I'm am exhausted. My bones are aching and I feel like #######.

Sunny where you find wedding band for your MEEKS :lol: ...We were going to leave the party and go to Crossroads for a little (a friend was having a party), but when they started blazzing in the backyard my girls decided to stay. My bones ACHE too I've not had so much fun in about 5 years. I must have danced for 6 hours.

I found that wedding band under the jewelry section. lol Girl, I was trying to "Party Like A Rock Star" and then I thought I'm too old for this. LMAO Danced al night with this guy from Jamaica that has been here for 4 months. long story.....

Wait deh!...how ago leave it at that. You know seh mi NOSEY :lol:

I'm just teasing... I was good..

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I found that the USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope has been the best way to mail things - It's a flat fee of $25, and so far, it has taken about 4 days to reach (they say it takes 6-8). Plus, there is tracking included with it -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I found that the USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope has been the best way to mail things - It's a flat fee of $25, and so far, it has taken about 4 days to reach (they say it takes 6-8). Plus, there is tracking included with it -

Thanks Sus.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Tre.

Now, you need to get all your stuff together for the embassy..........financials, proof of ongoing relationship, and start quizzing him on all the details. Make sure he has his birth papers (I always suggest 2 copies), non-impediment, and police record. I also suggest if he is working, he ask for a letter of recommendation before his last day on his job.

I suggest if you have that stuff together, that you take it down with you. I can cost a pretty penny if you have to ship it all and there is some unreliablity in shipping it. I also suggest he start collecting all the paperwork he needs soon after your visit. It all takes a while to get.

This time goes a lot faster then you think it will.

Today is my favorite day of the entire year.......opening day of the baseball season. The city is a sea of Cardinal red. The excitement is nearly palpable around here. I cannot wait for the 3:15 opening pitch to come.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks JG --

I didn't know you were a baseball fan. It's been crazy in DC since Friday with the opening of the new baseball stadium, which is HUGE!

We opened our brand new stadium 2 years ago now. I remember all the hoopla and fun.

I am a HUGE baseball fan. Have been all my life. I have been rubbing off on my husband.....he's getting there after attending 7 games and lots of TV coverage under his belt.

We go to our first game this year on Saturday. I absolutely cannot wait!

:lol: :lol: I am planning on taking Ken and the boys to a Mets game the end of April! Should be very interesting! :wacko: I also signed Ken up to be an Asst. Football (soccer) coach on my eldest's team...they SUCK!!! Poor Ken is taking it a little too seriously ...he's like are they conditioned and they know the different positions...rat tay tay wid halla these questions. Meanwhile they are like the Bad News Bears of Soccer (my son is fighting off 4 opponents and the rest of the team is on the other side of the field doing cartwheels and showing off dance moves :blink: )and the Head Coach is hobbling along wid a cane telling them to "Follow Jordan!!!!" (my son)! :lol: :lol: I am NOT bragging when I say that my son is the best on the team. He was doing more coaching yesterday than the coach was! :lol: :lol: I told the Head coach about Ken and he was like..."Can he start TODAY!!!"

Jordan was like..."Am I gonna have to be the 'translator'? Cause my team is not gonna understand..."Gwaan Mon...move onnuh b-claat!" :lol: I figured it would be a good bonding experience...I'll let ya'll know!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
If packet 3 arrives first, just pretend you didn't know Tre. He would be so excited to tell you first anyhow!

But, come one.........we are talking about Jamaica here. What are the odds of the packet arriving before you do REALLY?

You got that right. He got my Christmas cards a few days after Valentine's Day. :angry:

PUH-LEASE!!! I am STILL waiting for my Valentine Day card and CD and the appointment letter from the Embassy! HOT DYAM MESS!!! That's why when Ken said his brother could mail up KJ's birth certificate I was like " HELL NO!!!" Is strictly hand to hand I want that to go...I don't even trust Fed-Ex, DHL or NONE of them!! Hopefully, it can go ...Ken's Brother- Lawny- my sister - me!!!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Hey everyone, I haven't had as much time at work as I used to, so I'm really behind again. I hope everyone is doing well :D

I know some of you have stayed at RIU in Ochi. I have some questions about the resort. We're thinking of staying there for part of our next JA vacation. If you've been there, can you PM or e-mail me?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Happy Monday all!

monday.gif

Lawny, thanks for the prayers!

AMEN!!!! COME ONNNNNNNNNNN WEDNESDAY!!!!! Finally, a 'HUMP' day that we can celebrate correctly!!!! :devil::devil::lol:

Lawny, mi dear...mi sarry... I will respond tuh yuh PM!

Bless, Gill

Gill, you crazy...but mi no wrang yuh! Do your thing my girl, besides the TWINS will be here soon.

LAWNNNNNNNY, HUSH HUP WID DAT TWINS SITTIN"!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink: Did you NOT read about poor Kimkim childcare costs!!!! Mi a guh start fi seh yuh and Marcel ah guh ave TRIPLETS!!!! Gwaan dung pon deh 9th han guh wuk pon yuh triplets, my gurl!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love ya,

Gill

:rofl: You know that's right. Girl pre-school was a little cheaper than daycare, now mi have to pay for before and aftercare. Does it ever end? :crying:

LOL - Y'all keep your wishin on each other up, you both are going to end up with quintuplets! :devil:

Et tu... Sus-ie...hush Girl!!! You ready for your sextuplets! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Hey everyone, I haven't had as much time at work as I used to, so I'm really behind again. I hope everyone is doing well :D

I know some of you have stayed at RIU in Ochi. I have some questions about the resort. We're thinking of staying there for part of our next JA vacation. If you've been there, can you PM or e-mail me?

Rhonda,

It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I loved my room. you can open your balcony door and it has a screen door. The balconies are PRIVATE :devil: (if you know what I mean). From our room we could see the ocean and the pool. It was so beautiful. Let me tell you, if you're on a DIET FORGET IT! I've never ATE and drank so much in my life. Even when we on the beach as soon as I finished my glass, they were filling it up. The place is HUGE and it kind of takes away from it. Entertaintment is okay, but I was quickly bored. I think it's because I'm a born Jamaican, so I had to go into Ochi for fun. But I would recommend it, although it's $$$$$$ it's worth every penny. I can't wait for them to building the one in Mobay. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you some pictures of the RIU.

tep aff a mi name

Rhonda,

It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I loved my room. you can open your balcony door and it has a screen door. The balconies are PRIVATE :devil: (if you know what I mean). From our room we could see the ocean and the pool. It was so beautiful. Let me tell you, if you're on a DIET FORGET IT! I've never ATE and drank so much in my life. Even when we on the beach as soon as I finished my glass, they were filling it up. The place is HUGE and it kind of takes away from it. Entertaintment is okay, but I was quickly bored. I think it's because I'm a born Jamaican, so I had to go into Ochi for fun. But I would recommend it, although it's $$$$$$ it's worth every penny. I can't wait for them to building the one in Mobay. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you some pictures of the RIU.

That's awesome about the screen doors! I love to have the fresh breeze, but I hate the mosquitos! And since the malaria outbreak in Kingston, I'm really worried about mosquitos now :unsure:

I sent you a PM. I'm mostly wondering about what type of room to book, is the resort child-friendly, and is it hard to get around - it looks sooooo huge in the pics!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Rhonda,

That's awesome about the screen doors! I love to have the fresh breeze, but I hate the mosquitos! And since the malaria outbreak in Kingston, I'm really worried about mosquitos now :unsure:

I sent you a PM. I'm mostly wondering about what type of room to book, is the resort child-friendly, and is it hard to get around - it looks sooooo huge in the pics!

Rhonda,

The resort is HUGE! We walked from the front desk to the main gate and it was tiring. The guards would not let my fiance cousin in even though he had ID and his name was on the list. They made his cousin get out his car searched it and the truck. I was LIVID! So, I went to the gate and gave them a piece of my mind. The front desk manager (I didn't know) was running behind me, but it was too late. I had already made it to the gate. That was the only bad thing. That was quickly resolved and they gave him and additional night past for free and appolgized to me for the inconvience. Even walking the full length of the beach takes some time. I wish I could remember my room number. We were in the main building which drops you into the lobby.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Hush now - I have a friend with twins, another with quadruplets - NO TONKS!!! :wacko:

:lol: :lol:...Yuh sure... cause Lawny & I could send some Baby vibes your way!! :lol: :lol: (Yuh doan knoa misery likes company!) :lol: :lol:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:lol: :lol:...Yuh sure... cause Lawny & I could send some Baby vibes your way!! :lol: :lol: (Yuh doan knoa misery likes company!) :lol: :lol:

Bless,

Gill

can we at least get the paperwork filed before you send me Baby vibes?? LOL

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Bless,

Gill

Hush now - I have a friend with twins, another with quadruplets - NO TONKS!!! :wacko:

Bless,

Gill

Yeah.....i'll send some vibes here way too. A weh everi badi deh tideh! Girl, what time Ken leaving Jamaica. Did he start crying yet?

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.