Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Arrright Ladies...I'm out!!! Time fi guh home! Onnuh have a good night! Congrats again Sunny & Lawny!

Kimkim, mi nuh knoa is where yuh deh...Probably wid har 'click' :lol: ...lata han I hope yuh feeling ok!

Blessed love to all,

Gill

CONGRATS LAWNY!!!

Congrats on your NOA1 Sunny :)

Gilly your men are soooo handsome :luv:

Tonks Yardie and JG...

I am truly blessed! Just check tuh see if I am still saying that next year this time when dem a play football inna deh house and the toilet seat is forever HUP!!!! :lol::lol:

Gill

Gill you need one a dem contraption deh whe dem affi use dem foot fe raise de toilet seat and when dem done and move dem foot de toilet seat fall back down--yuh know like the garbage can dem wid the step fe open dem :lol::lol:

Hey Claire....just noticed ur interview date in your timeline.....CONGRATS!!!! :dance:

I know it seemed like it took forever but 5/6 will be here before u know it! Hope all is well.....

Tonisha

Thanks for the shoutout Tonisha. :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
kimmy have you put any kind of registry together yet?

thanks Jamie and Kimmy....the only thing i hates was the internal exam...so not comfortable at all...and then a nurse came in and started having a convo with the dr...and there i am all exposed.... :wacko: i just wanted to crawl off the table :lol:

Oh, girl....you have to get over that. Your hospital room will have a revolving door with no privacy. Is it a teaching hospital? If it is, be prepared for a roomful of spectators!!!

Don't you worry, you really won't even notice.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Kim..Hey Ton...how u'll doing

Kim how the baby treating yuh ?

Hey Kimmy im doin ok now i got real bad sinus issues now and the belching lol i be trying not to but i know these people at work be like ohh she is gassy lol other than that im ok. chris got his ead and travel papers so thats a plus hope all is well with u!!! yall type so much i dont even try play catch up beyond two pages anymore i estimate part 7 will start end of april!

Thank God..happy too see things are moving along for you smoothly....I belch too, i spit , i eat salt..(oonuh no badda mi, mi know) Happy for Chris...

Ton have a safe trip and send news as soon as yuh can :) stop drive the man nuts :) u can do that when he is here...

I know Kimmy.... he's done so well with pulling everything together ( remember we only got the interview date 4 weeks ago. lol. ) and he still works 7 days a week. He told me today he had never gotten so many shots in his life until last week. :lol: Well, atleast not all in one day. lol.

I'll go easy on him after we make it through on Tuesday. I'll be sure to text or call a bunch of you next week so someone can post that we got thru.

Tonisha, What shots did he have to get?

Timeline
back from the dr.s...oh it was fun times tonight....they started to do the interanl exams....and my cervix was NOT cooperating at all....it was uncomfortable....well i get to have another look at Kayla they want another u/s to see how big she is going to be...everything else seems to be good...

Good to hear everything is going okay :thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

QUOTE(Number 6 @ Mar 26 2008, 10:18 PM)

OK.... so using those figures 24.9% of all blacks (or 1 in 4) are living in poverty - proportionally. How does that compare proportionally to other ethnicities?

(boo-yah!)

Who cares. 75.1% of Americans are not black.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

:ot:

Alright yaardies...Question 4 u:

For all of us who are farrin...how did you learn to chat patwah? I know when I first met my husband, it was sooo difficult for me to understand him because (1) he talked too fast, and (2) because alot of patwah (to me) goes against everything that I have learned phonetically and grammatically. I've clearly gotten better at understanding what he is saying and can understand most conversations that he and his friends/family are having (and when I don't he kindly helps me out), and now I am much more interested in learning how to chat. I think it is going to be especially important for him to preserve this part of his heritage, and to pass this part along to our children (one day far far far into the future! :lol::lol: ) I have to think really hard b4 I speak in patois, and he works with me on phrases and their meanings, but I wanna know how long does it really take? Are there any videos out there? May be someone on the thread can put one 2gether and market it...I know I would definately buy it...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

For all of us who are farrin...how did you learn to chat patwah? I know when I first met my husband, it was sooo difficult for me to understand him because (1) he talked too fast, and (2) because alot of patwah (to me) goes against everything that I have learned phonetically and grammatically. I've clearly gotten better at understanding what he is saying and can understand most conversations that he and his friends/family are having (and when I don't he kindly helps me out), and now I am much more interested in learning how to chat. I think it is going to be especially important for him to preserve this part of his heritage, and to pass this part along to our children (one day far far far into the future! :lol::lol: ) I have to think really hard b4 I speak in patois, and he works with me on phrases and their meanings, but I wanna know how long does it really take? Are there any videos out there? May be someone on the thread can put one 2gether and market it...I know I would definately buy it...

:) sorry wish i could help..bawn Yardie...but mor time mi husband tell mi dat is not patwah..yuh mek it sound too nice..but mi just look pon him like him mad !..it just takes time, patience and practice...don't be shy and don't think ppl will be making fun of you..u'll get it..Look at Yardiewife..more time i forget she is not a born Jamaican..just gotta do it..u can try watching the stage plays and stuff like that....mi no know nuttin mi just love chat :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
QUOTE(Number 6 @ Mar 26 2008, 10:18 PM)

OK.... so using those figures 24.9% of all blacks (or 1 in 4) are living in poverty - proportionally. How does that compare proportionally to other ethnicities?

(boo-yah!)

Who cares. 75.1% of Americans are not black.

?????????? GLAD U CLARIFIED THAT FOR US??

:) sorry wish i could help..bawn Yardie...but mor time mi husband tell mi dat is not patwah..yuh mek it sound too nice..but mi just look pon him like him mad !..it just takes time, patience and practice...don't be shy and don't think ppl will be making fun of you..u'll get it..Look at Yardiewife..more time i forget she is not a born Jamaican..just gotta do it..u can try watching the stage plays and stuff like that....mi no know nuttin mi just love chat :)

ditto...

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL...OK Ton just for you..wouldn't want you to be alone at all...by the a couple of months ? he won't be coming as soon as he gets the visa ?

LOL....Kimmy, I'm over estimating....but we talked about him coming up right after Mother's day cause i'll be off work from 5/12 - 6/9. I'm having some minor surgery on my ankle so we planned it that way so i could be off - with pay (lol) - while he was up here getting used to things. That's all...

We talked about coming as soon as he got the visa but waiting a few weeks might be better for us.

Arrright Ladies...I'm out!!! Time fi guh home! Onnuh have a good night! Congrats again Sunny & Lawny!

Kimkim, mi nuh knoa is where yuh deh...Probably wid har 'click' :lol: ...lata han I hope yuh feeling ok!

Blessed love to all,

Gill

CONGRATS LAWNY!!!

Congrats on your NOA1 Sunny :)

Gilly your men are soooo handsome :luv:

Tonks Yardie and JG...

I am truly blessed! Just check tuh see if I am still saying that next year this time when dem a play football inna deh house and the toilet seat is forever HUP!!!! :lol::lol:

Gill

Gill you need one a dem contraption deh whe dem affi use dem foot fe raise de toilet seat and when dem done and move dem foot de toilet seat fall back down--yuh know like the garbage can dem wid the step fe open dem :lol::lol:

Hey Claire....just noticed ur interview date in your timeline.....CONGRATS!!!! :dance:

I know it seemed like it took forever but 5/6 will be here before u know it! Hope all is well.....

Tonisha

Thanks for the shoutout Tonisha. :thumbs::thumbs:

Your welcome. :)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Hey Kim..Hey Ton...how u'll doing

Kim how the baby treating yuh ?

Hey Kimmy im doin ok now i got real bad sinus issues now and the belching lol i be trying not to but i know these people at work be like ohh she is gassy lol other than that im ok. chris got his ead and travel papers so thats a plus hope all is well with u!!! yall type so much i dont even try play catch up beyond two pages anymore i estimate part 7 will start end of april!

Thank God..happy too see things are moving along for you smoothly....I belch too, i spit , i eat salt..(oonuh no badda mi, mi know) Happy for Chris...

Ton have a safe trip and send news as soon as yuh can :) stop drive the man nuts :) u can do that when he is here...

I know Kimmy.... he's done so well with pulling everything together ( remember we only got the interview date 4 weeks ago. lol. ) and he still works 7 days a week. He told me today he had never gotten so many shots in his life until last week. :lol: Well, atleast not all in one day. lol.

I'll go easy on him after we make it through on Tuesday. I'll be sure to text or call a bunch of you next week so someone can post that we got thru.

Tonisha, What shots did he have to get?

He had most of the immunizations you get when your school age from back in 1995. The main ones he needed were boosters for those and MMR (mumps, measles, rubella combo), Chicken Pox and a Tetnus shot. They x-ray them for TB at the medical, took blood and did a vision test.

I know as of January 2008, anyone coming here HAS to now have the MMR which is the one that's hard to get at your regular old health clinic. Lots of people advised me to have him go to a cheaper health clinic to get all the shots BEFORE the actual medical but even still, he would have come up short.

The clinics don't always have the ones the embassy is looking for so Dave went to his family doctor to get them and faxed his "proof" to the doctor up at Andrews. That seemed to work o.k.

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline
OK..Thats nice Ton

Yeah, I figured it would make our lives a little simpler if I was off work when he first got here. Just didn't wanna rush it before i could get things together. LOL.

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline
back from the dr.s...oh it was fun times tonight....they started to do the interanl exams....and my cervix was NOT cooperating at all....it was uncomfortable....well i get to have another look at Kayla they want another u/s to see how big she is going to be...everything else seems to be good...

That's great news Shauna.....I'm glad ur doing o.k. I like the name Kayla too.

(Check ur PM's when u get time)

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline

That's great news Shauna.....I'm glad ur doing o.k. I like the name Kayla too.

(Check ur PM's when u get time)

Cool Shauna you get another look at her. I know you wanted that. I am glad to hear things are going well. Eww internal exams are not fun. I start to get those on Tuesday.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.